Pages:
Author

Topic: Blocks are full. - page 8. (Read 14931 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
February 05, 2016, 06:09:56 AM
I got no problem with bigger blocks, from the core devs! I got a problem with forks and shits from manipulators and saboteurs!
Most of the people who are in support of such power grabs in BTCT or reddit have done nothing to contribute to Bitcoin; they don't hold many coins (if any at all) nor do they have a technical background. I've said this before; a 75% consensus threshold is a contentious HF that does not benefit the network. It rather harms it for the sake of attaining something that we don't even need yet.

''Future'' might be in 5 or more years!
As a miner i'm waiting for halving and the rising of transactions cost. Back in the ~2013 cost of transaction was .01btc
Many of them have no idea what we've been through and haven't been here long enough.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 05, 2016, 05:25:48 AM
I got no problem with bigger blocks, from the core devs! I got a problem with forks and shits from manipulators and saboteurs!

''Future'' might be in 5 or more years!

As a miner i'm waiting for halving and the rising of transactions cost. Back in the ~2013 cost of transaction was .01btc
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
February 05, 2016, 04:33:27 AM
Blocks are not full! It's a lie from those that want more control and/or more power over and in bitcoin!

Average size of the blocks is around ~six hundred and a bit Kb! a bit over half of 1MB

https://blockchain.info/block/00000000000000000418c10ffac9cbc03195dcf794e8dac3f656c932cb3c0008 notice the number of transactions!!!!!!!!
This guys and other stupid fucks pool operators are messing with bitcoin system

well it's not out of reality to think that each block will be full in the future, unless you want to say "fuck you" to the adoption

it's true that there are some other solution instead of increase directly the block limit, but they do not come with any issue, also satoshi was for the increase as well
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 05, 2016, 02:22:33 AM
Blocks are not full! It's a lie from those that want more control and/or more power over and in bitcoin!

Average size of the blocks is around ~six hundred and a bit Kb! a bit over half of 1MB

https://blockchain.info/block/00000000000000000418c10ffac9cbc03195dcf794e8dac3f656c932cb3c0008 notice the number of transactions!!!!!!!!
This guys and other stupid fucks pool operators are messing with bitcoin system
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
February 04, 2016, 04:23:29 PM
Devs will find a solution to this, The size of the blocks will NOT be what kills bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
February 04, 2016, 03:58:33 PM
"0.71 is 2.8% of 25 which is what they get for mining block reward."

True. But my point was, that after block halving that is 5.6% so that may change the situation.

BTW, how long it takes to load and distribute to the miners the transactions?

Depends on block size, latency, bandwidth. Each miner can probably figure out their own statistics for their particular operation.

Block halving may have an effect yes.

Interestingly though, increasing block size probably doesn't. (More fees yes, but higher chance of orphaning...) that would probably not always hold true though.

Fast forward several halvings. Unless something is really rotten in the state of bitcoin, the number of transactions will be significantly higher.

Suddenly the 'mine an empty block through fear of orphaning' problem starts to go away. Fees outweigh coinbase. So although your chance of orphaning is higher its the same for everyone because everyone wants the fees and the block reward is secondary.
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
February 04, 2016, 11:00:11 AM
"0.71 is 2.8% of 25 which is what they get for mining block reward."

True. But my point was, that after block halving that is 5.6% so that may change the situation.

BTW, how long it takes to load and distribute to the miners the transactions?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
February 04, 2016, 06:58:32 AM
What do you think, will Antpool stop mining blocks with 0 transactions after block reward halving?

Here is again block with zero transactions

https://blockchain.info/block/0000000000000000082c86f9a810bc6d0ec540e76360b59587a460b9706c01df

There are worth of 0.71 TX fees waiting for collecting, so it is crazy to leave money on the table.

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

0.71 is 2.8% of 25 which is what they get for mining block reward.

There is a delay between knowing a block has been mined (that you can build on) and knowing which transactions were in that block.

If you are able to find a block in that time, then you would have to be > 97.2% sure that you could hang around whilst you dump the transactions still in your mempool that were mined in the previous block, and fill up your just found block with the most profitable ones, before somebody else found a block.

You have 100% chance of getting 25BTC - your EV is 25BTC
You want a > 97.2% chance of not being beaten to get your EV over 25

Over thousands of blocks that could add up to a reasonable amount, but you would then have to weigh that against the cost of implementing something that figures out whether its worthwhile by calculating orphan rates, and the risks associated with that (variance/reliability).

Or you could just throw out an empty block and take the 25BTC off the table. Knowing that the other 0.71 BTC are still on the table, and so you still have a chance to at getting them anyway by mining the next block (which you have a minor advantage to get as you solved the last block)
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
February 04, 2016, 03:54:10 AM
Transaction rate is now 2.03/second and I think maximum troughput should be at least 3 (7 is theoretical limit, but maybe 3 in practice??).

My question is, why are there that many unconfirmed actions at this rate? Is it solely because some mine blocks with 0 transactions?

because there are not appropriate fee..

I guess block reward halving is a good thing, because that makes current fees more interesting to miners.

I think the miners are more interested in the total fees they earn. So the transaction fee will have to rise in the future.

also the 2 biggest pools, antpool and f2pool dont pay the fees to the miners..

That is a big earning loss for the miners. When the block reward is lower in the future, nobody else will mine there.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
February 03, 2016, 02:09:43 PM
Transaction rate is now 2.03/second and I think maximum troughput should be at least 3 (7 is theoretical limit, but maybe 3 in practice??).

My question is, why are there that many unconfirmed actions at this rate? Is it solely because some mine blocks with 0 transactions?

I guess block reward halving is a good thing, because that makes current fees more interesting to miners.

I think the miners are more interested in the total fees they earn. So the transaction fee will have to rise in the future.

also the 2 biggest pools, antpool and f2pool dont pay the fees to the miners..

February 03, 2016, 06:52:24 AM

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
February 03, 2016, 06:09:46 AM

Sure. The block reward will be less over the next years and decades.
Therefore fees have to increase and number of transactions to rise to build enough incentive for the miners to continue securing the network.
February 03, 2016, 05:39:18 AM
tell that to antpool and other idiot pool operators:

block: 396256
transactions: 1
relayed by AntPool
size of the block: 0.2kb!!!
The actual number of blocks that are full would be reduced and so would the size of the mempool if they weren't doing this. The Bitcoin network can handle more at 1 MB blocks, but it is the miners fault.

A=> we don't need bigger blocks atm
B=> why should i wipe my ass 10 times, if 5 times is enough Roll Eyes & go back to A!

Do you mean we should change the block time to 5 mins? That will create a lot of orphan blocks.
February 03, 2016, 05:02:36 AM

legendary
February 03, 2016, 04:58:10 AM

because there are not appropriate fee, and the average is 3 because, you need to factor multisig which use more space, so 7 per second is out of question

Not many people use multisig transactions, I have never used them.

service use plenty of multisig, kraken or purse.io or any other exchange use it, so yes they are vastly used
Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
February 03, 2016, 04:38:37 AM

because there are not appropriate fee, and the average is 3 because, you need to factor multisig which use more space, so 7 per second is out of question

Not many people use multisig transactions, I have never used them.
legendary
February 03, 2016, 04:37:39 AM

February 03, 2016, 04:35:43 AM

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
February 03, 2016, 04:17:58 AM
Right now Bitcoin's price is rallying and block are full. According to blockchain.info backlog of unconfirmed transactions is 11.6 MB right now and as far as I know there is now spam or stress test going on. How worse does it need to get?

It is hovering around 3000-4000 at the moment. It's no big deal, get over it.
February 03, 2016, 03:44:31 AM
What do you think, will Antpool stop mining blocks with 0 transactions after block reward halving?

Here is again block with zero transactions

https://blockchain.info/block/0000000000000000082c86f9a810bc6d0ec540e76360b59587a460b9706c01df

There are worth of 0.71 TX fees waiting for collecting, so it is crazy to leave money on the table.

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
Pages:
Jump to: