Pages:
Author

Topic: Blowing the lid off the CryptoNote/Bytecoin scam (with the exception of Monero) - page 11. (Read 132816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
If this coin is a scum, then why has its price increased 60 times in the last 2 months? 6 sat - 240 sat

Pretty much all alts have risen lately, have a look at coincap.io over several days , you will see literally billions being pumped into alts and bitcoin right now - japan and china, plus media exposure. Or, it's another btc whale pumping another alt for profit? No idea, it defies real logic IMO.

That is, new buyers do not learn the history of the coin they are buying at all? Are they all sheep?

Ever hear of the dotcom bubble? People do irrational things when they think they can get rich quick. People actually believe in day trading assets based solely on drawing lines on charts, and based on no fundamental knowledge of the underlying assets.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
That is, new buyers do not learn the history of the coin they are buying at all? Are they all sheep?

yes. no one cares. coins on poloniex have pumped that didn't even have blockchains that worked.

What kind of coins are these?

it was fibrecoin. it had a huge pump and then it was delisted a couple of weeks later.

cryptsy used to host a bunch of coins that didn't exist any more other than on their database.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 253
Margin Trader

yes. no one cares. coins on poloniex have pumped that didn't even have blockchains that worked.

What kind of coins are these?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

Margin Trader
If this coin is a scum, then why has its price increased 60 times in the last 2 months? 6 sat - 240 sat

Pretty much all alts have risen lately, have a look at coincap.io over several days , you will see literally billions being pumped into alts and bitcoin right now - japan and china, plus media exposure. Or, it's another btc whale pumping another alt for profit? No idea, it defies real logic IMO.

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Margin Trader
If this coin is a scam, then why has its price increased 60 times in the last 2 months? 6 sat - 240 sat
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Why the fk is Bytecoin pumping while Monero does nothing?  Huh

because bytecoin is a ninjamined scam held by few people that can move the market at will and apparently decided not to fix the recently exposed flaw in cryptonote so who knows what the hell is going on. Just ignore. Monero is the only coin.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
Why the fk is Bytecoin pumping while Monero does nothing?  Huh

Monero devs actually develop the software, so you should ask that question of the people buying Bytecoin to get rich quick, and make sure to tell them that there's a flaw in Bytecoin's code, and that they're trusting their money to scammers, not a competent development team:

"Note that, at this time, only Monero, Aeon, Boolberry, and Forknote have updated. We have given the other currencies as much time as possible, but cannot hold back disclosure any longer.
We strongly caution against anyone using, trading, exchanging, or running services involving the following currencies affected by this issue: Bytecoin, DashCoin, DigitalNote"

https://getmonero.org/2017/05/17/disclosure-of-a-major-bug-in-cryptonote-based-currencies.html
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Now I know all truth about you, BCN scams. So, MinerGate is the project of the same team, or no ?

MinerGate just earns the typical pool fee thing from miners and BCN gives them mining activity because its the only coin that you can wake up and see 500 of in your wallet rather than 0.00476249

You could say MinerGate is praying off of noobs to get intrigued by BCN due to the name and the quanityt of tokens pumped. For the time being before the market confusion and pumps, Poloniex should have delisted this coin that generated no volume but now its a money maker since noobs are blindly hedging into this
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Why the fk is Bytecoin pumping while Monero does nothing?  Huh
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Now I know all truth about you, BCN scams. So, MinerGate is the project of the same team, or no ?
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
rethink-your-strategy doesn't appear to be active anymore, but I'd just like to say that the original post in this thread is great detective work!

Someone should really do some serious editing of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote which misrepresents the whole CryptoNote/Bytecoin story.

I'm still around when I get emails about thread updates. That Wikipedia article is fucked and definitely needs editing. Know any Wikipedia editors?

Not sure if sarcastic, but anyone can edit Wikipedia articles. That's the whole premise of Wikipedia.

Some get locked and you need access to edit them. Mostly it's the political ones like global warming but if there is complaints a member with access privileges can lock it or verify you to edit it. But what you just stated was the initial intent.

There are topics that have edit wars and I'm not surprised that this would be one. I used to laugh at people that used wiki as their evidence in an argument but these days the info is much more reliable it is a laudable effort that had born fruit.

BTW I read  it years ago and pointed that out as well when I first got into XMR but completely forgot about it since then.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
One of the most interesting topics I've read on this forum and a great piece of detective work. 
Definitely a good idea to keep this topic alive with the recent spike in activity of Bytecoin.
(Even though its probably a quick pump and dump)
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
rethink-your-strategy doesn't appear to be active anymore, but I'd just like to say that the original post in this thread is great detective work!

Someone should really do some serious editing of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote which misrepresents the whole CryptoNote/Bytecoin story.

I'm still around when I get emails about thread updates. That Wikipedia article is fucked and definitely needs editing. Know any Wikipedia editors?

Not sure if sarcastic, but anyone can edit Wikipedia articles. That's the whole premise of Wikipedia.
Activity: 173
Merit: 182

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

The wikipedia article appears to have been written by the Bytecoin/Cryptonote team.
Pages:
Jump to: