Pages:
Author

Topic: Blowing the lid off the CryptoNote/Bytecoin scam (with the exception of Monero) - page 7. (Read 132816 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 254
Hi, im new to cryptos, i read almost all of this thread and i am really interested in what is everyones opinion these days on this topic?
i see  that bytecoin is still around with a $823,904,227   market cap, is it worth anythin?
what about  monero ?

Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, market caps are easily manipulated so that number as most Cap numbers can be completely off. I bet you couldn't sell 100k USD of bytecoin without it crashing to zero.

LOL. No dog in the fight, but seriously. There are over 700BTC of buy orders for BCN on HitBTC alone, so I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you could sell 7BTC worth without it "crashing to zero".

HitBTC is a known scam exchange associated with BCN crew. Use it at your own risk.

Ok. As I write this, there are 10BTC of buy orders at 40 sat on Poloniex ($151,000 worth). So your hyperbole that selling $100K worth would crash the price to zero is just that - hyperbole. You wouldn't even take out the top bid on one exchange.

legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Hi, im new to cryptos, i read almost all of this thread and i am really interested in what is everyones opinion these days on this topic?
i see  that bytecoin is still around with a $823,904,227   market cap, is it worth anythin?
what about  monero ?

Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, market caps are easily manipulated so that number as most Cap numbers can be completely off. I bet you couldn't sell 100k USD of bytecoin without it crashing to zero.

LOL. No dog in the fight, but seriously. There are over 700BTC of buy orders for BCN on HitBTC alone, so I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you could sell 7BTC worth without it "crashing to zero".

HitBTC is a known scam exchange associated with BCN crew. Use it at your own risk.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Usually, people do irrational things when they think they can get rich quick and they actually believe in day trading assets based solely on drawing lines on charts, so it is based on no fundamental knowledge of the underlying assets.
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
what about  monero ?

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
A long read but a pretty interesting discussion. I know for the first time I saw BCN that there's something fishy with them. I had to go in with Monero instead when I was picking the privacy coins for holding long term.

I'm sure that worked out much better for you, eh? Cheesy
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
thankyou for valueable infomation. Im not invest Scam crypto
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
A long read but a pretty interesting discussion. I know for the first time I saw BCN that there's something fishy with them. I had to go in with Monero instead when I was picking the privacy coins for holding long term.
legendary
what about  monero ?

Activity: 30
thank you for valueable infomation. im new to cryptos, Im not invest Scam crypto
Activity: 2
what about  monero ?
legendary
Preamble

A month ago or so there was a post from some guy at the official bytecoin bitcointalk thread, attempting to rebuke the first post of the thread. It was not indicated by the bytecoin representative as the official reply to this post, while today it appears that the Bytecoin team has finally officially recognized it as the official reply.

To quote: "If anyone would like to see once and for all how false this idea is please see the official rebuke listed here:  https://www.docdroid.net/rEKgQUR/bytecoin-rebuttle.pdf"

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.26141627

Basically it is their first real attempt to comment on the allegations, and yet the representative, whose communicating skills are quite challenged, provides the following comment: "... disinformation about the alleged pre-mine has been posted around here so many times it’s becoming tiresome to respond to."

Consider that they were substantially dead silent earlier, and provided no counterarguments. Except those few meaningless phrases given a few years ago by another representative (or maybe the same person).

Hahaha, 3 years later and they link to a PDF file! You just can't make this shit up!
Activity: 13
#crypt #crypto #currency #minining #BCN #Bytecoin #Bytecoin #BTC #Bitcoin #Bitcoin #Cryptocoin #Mining #CryptoNight #cryptonote #Monero #xmr
https://youtu.be/SkHHIonpFDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL9alYbX5u0
Hi,
There is an opportunity to support Bytecoin (it was forged by the Monero and AEON forks, etc.) It is necessary to sign a petition, which is very easy, and together we will be able to get the "Father" of the CryptoNight algorithm (Note) able to rise in price as it made AEON and MONERO. Due to it BCN will get on Bithumb (Korean exchange), and it is possible that it will rise in price, like AEON recently. Also you can participate in the coin discussion (https://t.me/bytecoinchat, https: // t.me/bytecoinru), go to the site (Bytecoin.org) and see the prospects, buy or sell, as well as start the mine. And it is very fast and easy to go (minergate.com). Nach Now build a future. Your Bytecoin. Will you sign it?
Here is the link:
https://www.change.org/p/bithumb-exchange-add-bytecoin-bcn-on-bithumb-exchange?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_signer_receipt&utm_campaign=triggered&share_context=signature_receipt&recruiter=744593281
Thank you,
Aptyp
legendary
"Don't understand their intentions" has been a repeated talking point by Bytecoin shills. It is the perfect ambiguous and non-falsifiable dodge.

In fact Occam's Razor tells the story perfectly well for anyone with the ability to do, as owlcatz calls it, critical thinking: Their intentions were to launch the coin as a premine scam and take a lot of money out of the coin and put it into their own pockets. That of necessity requires inducing other people to put a lot of money into the coin. Which they are still trying to do at some level with the continued (if laughable) shenanigans with "Jenny" and other shills.

It doesn't take Occam's razor to whittle down to greed. Just a touch of cynicism. But y'all are pretty quick to jump to argument from incredulity when presented with alternative hypotheses.

I will stipulate that cynics are usually right though.

Please - Feel free to elaborate on any possible "alternative hypotheses"... Seriously... I'd love to entertain any of them, I'm sure i'm not alone! Grin
Activity: 32
"Don't understand their intentions" has been a repeated talking point by Bytecoin shills. It is the perfect ambiguous and non-falsifiable dodge.

In fact Occam's Razor tells the story perfectly well for anyone with the ability to do, as owlcatz calls it, critical thinking: Their intentions were to launch the coin as a premine scam and take a lot of money out of the coin and put it into their own pockets. That of necessity requires inducing other people to put a lot of money into the coin. Which they are still trying to do at some level with the continued (if laughable) shenanigans with "Jenny" and other shills.

It doesn't take Occam's razor to whittle down to greed. Just a touch of cynicism. But y'all are pretty quick to jump to argument from incredulity when presented with alternative hypotheses.

I will stipulate that cynics are usually right though.
Activity: 876
Merit: 291

Three years before there was a very cheap distribution of this coin, with your help it went down to 2 Satoshi. No reason to complain, for nobody.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Activity: 203
Merit: 166

OK, then buy some Bytecoins and enjoy the scam.

Well, I'm not exactly gonna reroute my 401k, but let me ask y'all this... if I were to just mine them or be on the network or whatever... am I (or anyone else) in any danger of "being scammed" or exposed somehow?

Keep in mind that the development force of Bytecoin is incomparably weaker than that of Monero, simply because Bytecoin is developed by only one individual (amjuarez). This makes Bytecoin potentially insecure because not enough eyes are looking into the code to find bugs or vulnerabilities. I'd say Bytecoin is much more likely than Monero to collapse and become worthless due to an attack at some point in the future. At that point you may find yourself "scammed" or "exposed".
legendary
Appreciate that info. As uninformed as I am, I could still tell that Verge wasn't some groundbreaking tech, but it was cheap and it's tripled since I bought it. I assume Monero is the crown jewel of privacy coins?

And that's the thing, isn't it? "almost surely faked". As in... we don't know for sure. Someone was also asking if it was possible that they premined such a large percentage to help secure it and no one was willing to stipulate that that was even a remote possibility. I understand the counterpoint, but it just seems strange to me. But maybe they're just the dumbest smart people in all of crypto. Or maybe none of you have the foresight to understand what their intentions were.

Anyway... was funny reading this thread from the beginning since most of the discussion was so long ago (in crypto time). BCN is garbage and XMR is king dingaling. OP even made some decent money for his efforts. All is right in the world.

Personally, I would replace "Almost surely faked" with "Absolutely faked". As many have pointed out over and over, it's just really not plausible that it was mined on the darkweb. I'm certainly not going to rehash all the points the OP made, but it's pretty much accepted that the bytecoin developers are phony scammers, and are not real/known people.

As for your comment about noone here being "smart" enough to figure out their intentions, I disagree. Obviously, nobody knows the true answer but them, however, we can all do our own critical thinking. Wink

And, No, Monero isn't king dingaling or whatever, the point of the OP's thread was that Monero seem(s)(ed) to be the only legit clone of BCN out there. Read it as you will I suppose, everyone has a different take on everything.  Roll Eyes

Cheers
Activity: 32
The question on my mind now is how the heck Bytecoin still has a 5 million dollar marketcap.  Grin Grin Grin

This is why I chimed in. I'm trying to tell y'all that from a random outsider's perspective... nobody gives a shit if the goddamn whitepaper was copy/pasted. ZOMG!!! Conspiracy!

Don't care. People see that it costs less than a penny, was the first CryptoNote and it's got a cool name. They're thinking maybe they're getting in on the ground floor of something since they missed out on BitCoin. And even if they read this thread (they won't), maybe they will get the same impression that I did. Not that there's anything wrong with Monero or its team. I've done some reading on XMR and it looks awesome. I know privacy coins are going to be a big deal and I hold some Verge (ask me why).

Fluffy and Smooth represented Monero very, very well in this thread. Very knowledgeable and professional. Kudos. The coin just doesn't get me all warm and fuzzy even though I have my CPU chewing on XMR.

You won't get scammed by mining Bytecoin, but you are kind of perpetuating their scam, and the marketcap is $337M, not $5M.

The Cryptonote whitepaper was not copy pasted by Bytecoin. It was released around the same time as Bytecoin. They likely wrote the whitepaper and implemented it in Bytecoin, but they also almost surely faked several years of blockchain history and essentially premined more than 80% of all coins that will ever exist. That's a scam, imo, not sure about yours.

Also, since you brought it up, Verge is garbage, maybe not a scam, but garbage nonetheless. It launched as a generic scrypt clone with the name Dogecoindark with a very front-loaded emission - like I think 75% of all coins that will ever exist were mined in the first couple months of its life as Dogecoindark. Later rebranded to Verge, but is still using a 5 year old Bitcoin codebase and the dev can't even get an electrum server running properly after two years. And it likes to masquerade as a "privacy coin", when it has no privacy features except for offering a version that runs on tor by default. This isn't a privacy feature, it's trivial to run Bitcoin over tor, and you'll have far more privacy doing that because people actually use Bit[Suspicious link removed]d luck with your dogecoindarks tho...

Appreciate that info. As uninformed as I am, I could still tell that Verge wasn't some groundbreaking tech, but it was cheap and it's tripled since I bought it. I assume Monero is the crown jewel of privacy coins?

And that's the thing, isn't it? "almost surely faked". As in... we don't know for sure. Someone was also asking if it was possible that they premined such a large percentage to help secure it and no one was willing to stipulate that that was even a remote possibility. I understand the counterpoint, but it just seems strange to me. But maybe they're just the dumbest smart people in all of crypto. Or maybe none of you have the foresight to understand what their intentions were.

Anyway... was funny reading this thread from the beginning since most of the discussion was so long ago (in crypto time). BCN is garbage and XMR is king dingaling. OP even made some decent money for his efforts. All is right in the world.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
The question on my mind now is how the heck Bytecoin still has a 5 million dollar marketcap.  Grin Grin Grin

This is why I chimed in. I'm trying to tell y'all that from a random outsider's perspective... nobody gives a shit if the goddamn whitepaper was copy/pasted. ZOMG!!! Conspiracy!

Don't care. People see that it costs less than a penny, was the first CryptoNote and it's got a cool name. They're thinking maybe they're getting in on the ground floor of something since they missed out on BitCoin. And even if they read this thread (they won't), maybe they will get the same impression that I did. Not that there's anything wrong with Monero or its team. I've done some reading on XMR and it looks awesome. I know privacy coins are going to be a big deal and I hold some Verge (ask me why).

Fluffy and Smooth represented Monero very, very well in this thread. Very knowledgeable and professional. Kudos. The coin just doesn't get me all warm and fuzzy even though I have my CPU chewing on XMR.

You won't get scammed by mining Bytecoin, but you are kind of perpetuating their scam, and the marketcap is $337M, not $5M.

The Cryptonote whitepaper was not copy pasted by Bytecoin. It was released around the same time as Bytecoin. They likely wrote the whitepaper and implemented it in Bytecoin, but they also almost surely faked several years of blockchain history and essentially premined more than 80% of all coins that will ever exist. That's a scam, imo, not sure about yours.

Also, since you brought it up, Verge is garbage, maybe not a scam, but garbage nonetheless. It launched as a generic scrypt clone with the name Dogecoindark with a very front-loaded emission - like I think 75% of all coins that will ever exist were mined in the first couple months of its life as Dogecoindark. Later rebranded to Verge, but is still using a 5 year old Bitcoin codebase and the dev can't even get an electrum server running properly after two years. And it likes to masquerade as a "privacy coin", when it has no privacy features except for offering a version that runs on tor by default. This isn't a privacy feature, it's trivial to run Bitcoin over tor, and you'll have far more privacy doing that because people actually use Bitcoin. Good luck with your dogecoindarks tho...
Pages:
Jump to: