Pages:
Author

Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ] - page 4. (Read 93964 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 20, 2012, 09:26:26 PM
Sweet... So the more hashing power the higher then chance of winning?

Yup, think of it as lottery tickets. I am not using this method yet but it will be the eventual method used since it would be the fairest distribution of chance and encourage users to actually remain mining thus justifying their winning chance.

The method used right now will give everyone the exact same chance to win the Jackpot based on random selection .
Activity: 1078
July 20, 2012, 09:19:55 PM
Sweet... So the more hashing power the higher then chance of winning?
July 20, 2012, 08:09:20 PM
Update on current Jackpot size and growing:

5 BTC + 1.56446881 BTC = 6.56446881 BTC

As soon as the better system is in place the drawings will be using user shares as a ticket system which label each accepted share as a ticket for the drawing. There will be a leaderboard page which would update every hour to show you ahead of time what your chances look like.

Some of the logistics around the tickets need to be worked out still, but I think this would make it quite a bit more interesting and would also entice users to keep mining in order to accumulate more tickets for the draw.

Here is an example of how the ticket drawing system would work:

User A ends payment cycle for Jackpot drawing with 10% of all pool shares accepted.
Total of all pool shares for payment cycle equals 40 000 000
user A ends up with 400 000 tickets and have an effective 10% chance of winning.

Aside from this I will constantly be looking into more fun/interesting ways to make the dull life of pooled mining more appealing with Bonus Pool.
July 20, 2012, 12:25:32 AM
Ok I think I updated the OP enough to make things a bit clearer, I hope.   Cheesy
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
July 19, 2012, 11:53:31 PM
...Was first day in ages that I went out for the night and its nearly 5am now...

PAAARRRRRRTAAAAAY!   Grin
July 19, 2012, 10:26:51 PM
Everyone that requested payments, I will send your payments when I wake up. Was first day in ages that I went out for the night and its nearly 5am now and just dont want to mess around with payments until after sleep.

I have finally posted a better layout of the new pool details in the OP that I typed out earlier today before I left, I hope it makes things clearer to those who read it before and those who havnt yet.

There will be some better options made available sometime this weekend if I can close the deal so start mining if you havnt yet and get in on the action.

EDIT: I ended up sending the payouts requested so those who requested late would have it now.
July 19, 2012, 01:10:56 PM
Also after reading your proposal something is not clear here :

-regular miners get 101%

-investment miners get xxx% Huh

Is it the same and the only difference being the investments ?

Not going to mine as you have banned me but just trying to help you and other people wondering the same ...

My question earlier was more to the tune of "How protected / exposed are the investment miners to a pirate default ?" <- this affects everyone holding BTC not just a miner at your pool so I am genuinely curious.

Good luck with your venture otherwise !

I never responded to your previous question.

The OP will get updated to outline the details in a more compact way, its easy to get confused as it reads right now and thats why I am asking people to just PM/email me if anything is unclear atm.

There is a common risk 24/7 regarding BTC and pooled mining and the only thing any pool op/investment op can rely on is their history and nothing more thus it comes down to trusting those who handle your BTC for a minute or for a month.

If you must know, I have 3 layers of funds a. Pool funds(lets call it a buffer) b. My own Funds c. Miner funds and thats all I am leaving you with, the way I cover my own risk on any investment is a combination of all of those at one point or another.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
July 19, 2012, 01:03:27 PM
Also after reading your proposal something is not clear here :

-regular miners get 101%

-investment miners get xxx% Huh

Is it the same and the only difference being the investments ?

Not going to mine as you have banned me but just trying to help you and other people wondering the same ...

My question earlier was more to the tune of "How protected / exposed are the investment miners to a pirate default ?" <- this affects everyone holding BTC not just a miner at your pool so I am genuinely curious.

Good luck with your venture otherwise !
July 19, 2012, 12:30:44 PM
GPUMAX USERS/BACKUP USERS WELCOME AGAIN:

GPUMAX/BACKUP pool users can point to Bonuspool again, there is no minimum hashrate requirements anymore however if you want to increase your hashrate from the previous signup then please first contact me to make sure Bonuspool can handle the extra hashrate.

I am trialing GPUMAX connectivity again but I dont foresee any problems.

Enjoy.
July 19, 2012, 11:25:45 AM
Let's assume I mine 50 BTC during every Payment cycle and leave them to you for 4 cycles. Does that mean that after four cycles I get 55.5 BTC and after that I'm getting 55.5 BTC after every cycle?

Example in the OP just stated how much interest 50 BTC earns during those four cycles.

What Clipse does with the coins is none of your business bulanula since you don't even mine at Bonuspool.

Allmost missed this question.

As it stands right now it simply means that if you carryover a fixed weekly cycle balance ie. 50BTC for 4 consecutive payment cycles you would earn 11% on the initial fixed balance so if left just for 1 payment cycle that would earn you 2% on the fixed balance.

This is just my first approach at getting additional earnings available for miners after the new changes and from here I will see how I can adjust it upwards rather than downwards so that miners would end up with better earnings and more flexible options to get their funds out as fast as possible.
July 19, 2012, 11:22:36 AM
Now when a regular pool is coming close what about merged mining. To minimize burden cant it be implemented with just a nmc address or not. If one is configured there are generation like eligius. Dont know if he's using that on nmc as well though ? Or if it needs special patches, just an idea to keep it simple stupid.

Im looking into mergedmining with ecoinpool atm but so far Ive been running beyond crap luck on the test setup.

At the end of the day I am moving bonuspool into a position thats more closely related to the other pools running except I will look for edges in order to pay as much above their rates as I can so wether I introduce mergedmining payouts or not is fairly irrelevant considering I am paying allready with the new changes at a higher rate than a 100% PPS pool + mergedmining(0.2-0.3% extra) would.
July 19, 2012, 11:19:26 AM
so the investment miner balance will put into the BS&T ?

Is that a question or a statement?

No I dont put the mining funds directly in BTCST, I am purely paying interest on balances because it makes more BTC available for trading purposes and with the current market and where its heading scalping is becoming very practical again. Whichever way you want to look at it, I do have funds in BTCST but also funds left outside BTCST.

This is just an immediate option for higher earnings to miners who either dont want to trade themself(small volume scalping can be tedious) or who doesnt want to sell as fast as they mine, I will have a more flexible interest solution close to the launch of the website which would be fully managed by the client dashboard.

I dont put all my eggs in one basket and I wont be able to disclose where/how I invest/trade/earn interest/turn btc into more btc so if anyone feel they must know exactly what I do with investment funds or my own funds then please just stick to regular mining without investment because I have no interest to disclose my approach to the market and its been that way since Bonuspool started in February.

PS. All the new email/PM's asking for payment, I will send that out asap today.
PSS. I also sleep occasionally so I cant respond to forum post allways in realtime.  Cry
Activity: 121
July 19, 2012, 11:10:32 AM
Now when a regular pool is coming close what about merged mining. To minimize burden cant it be implemented with just a nmc address or not. If one is configured there are generation like eligius. Dont know if he's using that on nmc as well though ? Or if it needs special patches, just an idea to keep it simple stupid.
Activity: 121
July 19, 2012, 11:02:20 AM

Now that is a very good question to which I also would like an answer.

Clipse can we have a statment about this.
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
July 19, 2012, 10:31:30 AM
Let's assume I mine 50 BTC during every Payment cycle and leave them to you for 4 cycles. Does that mean that after four cycles I get 55.5 BTC and after that I'm getting 55.5 BTC after every cycle?

Example in the OP just stated how much interest 50 BTC earns during those four cycles.

What Clipse does with the coins is none of your business bulanula since you don't even mine at Bonuspool.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
July 19, 2012, 03:55:31 AM

Now that is a very good question to which I also would like an answer.

I too am interested whether you are exposed at all to pirateat40 and his "bank".

Good luck with your venture Clipse !
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
MMM EXTRA - THE RIGHT STEP TOWARDS THE GOAL
July 19, 2012, 03:20:06 AM
July 18, 2012, 06:47:34 PM
I made payments to everyone who emailed me that they dont want to keep the funds invested.

If you forgot to email me about your decision, feel free to do so and I will send the payment thats listed as unpaid asap if you choose so.

Thread unlocked again, will get OP updated and users can refer to that or contact me.
July 18, 2012, 02:11:07 PM
Im looking into the higher stales right now, will get that back under control asap.

I will also update the OP with better structured details along with some changes to the available options so it would work out better for the miners/investors.

UPDATE: I figured out why the stales is higher now, will get it fixed asap.
July 18, 2012, 11:16:48 AM
Finally finished, glad this is just temporary for a short while longer.

I made some changes to get rid of the DB Sluggishness that everyone experienced the last week specificly, hopefully its faster now until new website comes online.

Again, sorry for the long downtime on webstats, I had no other choice while sorting through the accounts.

I will update the OP of this thread later today to make things alot clearer, I do think my last post about the changes may be a bit difficulty/confusing for alot of people.

I will leave this thread locked for few more days in the mean time please pm/email me if you have any questions, I will happily answer all of it.

PS. I will be allowing gpumax to "leak" shares to bonuspool again, just making sure everything is running right before unblocking gpumax and making it official.
Pages:
Jump to: