Pages:
Author

Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ] - page 8. (Read 93964 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 06, 2012, 04:59:24 PM
Thanks for putting the payment cycle on a 7 day cycle instead of 8.

No problem, I will allways try to make sure that changes atleast balance between what the miners want and what I required. Middle ground so to speak.
Activity: 697
Merit: 500
July 06, 2012, 04:54:28 PM
Thanks for putting the payment cycle on a 7 day cycle instead of 8.
July 06, 2012, 03:03:05 PM
WAITINGLIST UPDATE:

I receive ever single Signup via PM so no need to worry that it didnt reach me. I will work through more of the waitinglist as soon as I feel comfortable with the current server load so please be patient.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
July 06, 2012, 02:12:37 PM
Thank you for the clarity, and the open way you have handled this little growing pain issue. Damn fine job on the pool. I look forward to many shares here.
Activity: 1078
July 06, 2012, 01:20:18 PM
word
Activity: 576
Merit: 500
July 06, 2012, 12:46:53 PM
Thanks! I like keeping the payment date constant.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
July 06, 2012, 12:43:50 PM
 Grin
July 06, 2012, 12:32:59 PM
FINAL UPDATE ON CHANGES:

This coming Sunday the following will occur:

1. All current unpaid shares listed in your payment history for 1 July 00:00:00 - 5 July 02:00:00 will be paid out at listed value + 2% due to the delay in payment.

2. The current payment cycle running between 5 July 02:01:00 - 7 July 23:59:59 will be paid along with no.1 above before the end of Sunday night, normal payout times.

3. There will be payment cycle correction the first time around running from 8 July 00:00:00 - 17 July 23:59:59 and paid out by the end of Wednesday July 18 which will be the new payment cycle payout day of the week.

4. Once the first correction is done the payment cycle will then run once a week from each Wednesday 00:00:00 - next coming Tuesday 23:59:59 so that payment will allways go out by the Wednesday night. Example for first payment cycle after the correction of payment cycle: July 18 00:00:00 - July 24 23:59:59, paid out by the end of Wednesday July 25. This comes out to a 7day cycle rather than 8days and keeps each consecutive payment date the same.

I have gone with vote option 1 since it was clearly voted in favour by the users who took the time to actually give me their opinion and that came to 35-1 vote in favour.

I hope the details above makes it clear enough for everyone, if still unclear please PM or email me so you understand exactly how it works.
July 06, 2012, 10:59:56 AM
Are you working on something?

7950 using cgminer keeps freezing at Pool 0 not providing work fast enough......

Nope, I dont see any of that here. Also if it is the pool you wouldnt notice pool 0 not providing work fast enough just on your one card.

I just woke up so if there was a slowdown Im not aware of it.
July 06, 2012, 10:37:27 AM
Are you working on something?

7950 using cgminer keeps freezing at Pool 0 not providing work fast enough......

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
MMM EXTRA - THE RIGHT STEP TOWARDS THE GOAL
July 06, 2012, 10:35:36 AM
option one for me too !
donator
Activity: 446
Merit: 262
Interesting.
July 06, 2012, 01:15:46 AM
option one for me.
July 05, 2012, 08:33:08 PM
Just wondering about the odd number of days in option one.

Why 8 days instead of weekly? Every week the payout day will change under an eight day plan.

If the information would reveal too much much proprietary information, I will understand.

Ideally it would have been 10days but I figured that would affect users far too much so I cut it as short as possible to 8days. I clear my own sales usually on a monday and tuesday and its allways been like that so I worked around the previous schedule but now I just cant since it kills off far too many late offers I receive where I either had to sell mined coins or payout portions of the mined coins to miners.

This structure allows me to have access to coins until the last day of my own selling period. The only other way I could structure this would be Tuesday 00:00:00 to Monday 23:59:59 and then paying out by Tuesday night. I guess I could be open for this if the 8day cycle is really no good for people it would just make the switch from this sunday add another middle payment period which I would like to avoid.

I see, but I dont understand how the 8-day wouldnt be skew in the long run. As to cut down on admin burden, Im fine with a rolling 7-day from Tuesday night. If I understand you correctly you dont want to make an payment both this Sunday and then also on Tuesday. For me its ok to wait until Tuesday for that matter if you want to cut down on work.

Yep, I will update on this by tomorrow(friday) night, I will keep everyone as happy as possible based on feedback. Smiley
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
July 05, 2012, 08:15:15 PM

Why 8 days instead of weekly? Every week the payout day will change under an eight day plan.

If the information would reveal too much much proprietary information, I will understand.

Ideally it would have been 10days but I figured that would affect users far too much so I cut it as short as possible to 8days. I clear my own sales usually on a monday and tuesday and its allways been like that so I worked around the previous schedule but now I just cant since it kills off far too many late offers I receive where I either had to sell mined coins or payout portions of the mined coins to miners.

This structure allows me to have access to coins until the last day of my own selling period. The only other way I could structure this would be Tuesday 00:00:00 to Monday 23:59:59 and then paying out by Tuesday night. I guess I could be open for this if the 8day cycle is really no good for people it would just make the switch from this sunday add another middle payment period which I would like to avoid.

I see, but I dont understand how the 8-day wouldnt be skew in the long run. As to cut down on admin burden, Im fine with a rolling 7-day from Tuesday night. If I understand you correctly you dont want to make an payment both this Sunday and then also on Tuesday. For me its ok to wait until Tuesday for that matter if you want to cut down on work.
July 05, 2012, 03:33:56 PM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 05, 2012, 03:07:26 PM
I agree, 7 day rolling period makes more sense.

kind regards
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2012, 02:54:37 PM

July 05, 2012, 02:36:50 PM
PAYOUT DELAY AND CHANGES ON SUNDAY:

First of, current due payments will be delayed and paid out along with current payment cycle on Sunday payout. I will be adding an extra 2%(you could call a tax on myself) thus making the current due payments worth 112% PPS as a sorry for having to delay it until Sunday.

Next up a new structure will kick in on Sunday, details below:

Due to a change in earnings I had to restructure my approach on dealing with sales and cut back on my own percentage gains and the changes will be made on Sunday(next coming payment cycle)

This in effect causes that I need to lower the current Bonus PPS rate back down to 105% as I have done a few months ago when I had less business aswell and right now I dont think its definitely not a fair approach to kick out dedicated miners just because I have less value for higher pool hashrates.

That said I do have a counter offer for all miners and would put this to a private vote via PM towards either of the next 2 options.

-

The 2 options:

1. I could offer 110% still but it would mean I would need to hold on to mined coins(earnings) for longer and thus only make payments once every 8days and it would half my current admin work which I could spend on improving the pool. This would also allow me the pool growing steadily.

2. Offer flat 105% and normal payout schedule remains and I would have to freeze new signups for quite some time at current estimates.

-

This change should have happened a couple of weeks ago but I covered the extra rates due to pool having high rejects however now the rejects is really low and I need to take this step to secure Bonus PPS Pool more long term.

The pool stability and lower rejects(<0.5% poolwide) would make both options still much more profitable than other PPS pools so profitability isnt the question here but more the approach to payouts.

Option 1 is clearly the better option for me related to handling payouts and miners view in relation to earnings, but I first want to see what the general consensus on the 2 options would be.

I will continously look to offer better rates again, and initially get the extra rewards program rolling which is much delayed, but as noted from the start when I have to cut back on personal gains then I need to cut back on the Bonus PPS gains aswell.

So if you are a miner on the pool please send me a PM as your vote on this matter, using a public poll would just instigate a ton of poll voting spam from users who doesnt have anything to do with Bonus PPS Pool as we have seen in the past from users in this thread.

I appreciate every single miner enjoying the pool even though I know its still far from perfect and require alot of improvements but I will eventually get it there. Smiley

Thanks for your co-operation
July 05, 2012, 08:51:51 AM
Good Stuff Smiley
July 05, 2012, 01:55:34 AM
Phew finally finish, backlog updated and updater running again.
Pages:
Jump to: