Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty 20 BTC: Wi-Fi Hotspot, enabled by bitcoin - page 8. (Read 27459 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
I've thought of this one as well, and the simplest way to allow users to pay in bitcoin is to whitelist mybitcoin.com and port 8333, and have a captive portal splash page that is one of those "pay with mybitcoin account or pay with other bitcoin" setups.  There is next to nothing else that users could do without first paying you except update their local bitcoin blockchain or send coins to someone else from their local client.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015
Strength in numbers
How'd they be able to pay with bitcoin if they don't have internet to begin with? Tongue

Even a free hotspot usually requires you to give them data to get it opened up. This is obviously possible.

Now what would be really cool is if there was easy software you could run on your home computer or router to give access to others for coins.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
Bitcoin tunneling FTW
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Yes, I assume 64 kbit/s session with 15 minutes limit is free.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
How'd they be able to pay with bitcoin if they don't have internet to begin with? Tongue

I assume that you could restrict the connection in order to allow them to pay, kind of like in the airport hotspots (e.g. Boingo).
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I would like have hotspot based on some popular WiFi router, like Linksys or Ubiquiti.
Person pay with BTC and get access to internet.

- Better if hotspot will be self sufficient. Some hardware, like Dlink DIR-320 has USB port. It can be used for USB flashdrive as storage of blocks.

- Better if it will have options, like counting traffic or time, several bandwidth throttling degrees, depending on price.

- Better if hotspot will have 2 SSIDs - one private and one public.

How do you think to start implementing this?

My bounty is small, but I think someone on this forum would need the same and also pay for developer.
Pages:
Jump to: