Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for Bitcoin Animated Movie [won] - page 2. (Read 88199 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 11
It doesn't look like I already sent the 50, so, where do I send it?

17eSZivDJpuJp9TxezTXVxkgLbsr3XZM1i

Sent away! I didn't think 50 BTCs would be worth as much as they are now ... I should have loaded up back then  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

17eSZivDJpuJp9TxezTXVxkgLbsr3XZM1i

So what was the final outcome? Cause the thread title still says 13622 and growing... I'm confused.

The bounty was awarded.

Sweet! I'm only asking cause apparently I pledged on page 2, but I didn't visit the forums in a long time and I was never PMed about it.
legendary

So what was the final outcome? Cause the thread title still says 13622 and growing... I'm confused.

The bounty was awarded.
Did Satoshi ever give his OK? It seems that the community has more or less accepted this?

Satoshi did not communicate, so we substitute him with Gavin.

legendary
Did Satoshi ever give his OK? It seems that the community has more or less accepted this?

Satoshi did not communicate, so we substitute him with Gavin.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Really good job with the Weusecoins video guys, really excellent work.
legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live
Unlocked because my separate bounty is still alive.

If the video makes it to the Digg frontpage, I will pay 1 BTC per digg it gets (max 2000). I'll also pay 500 if it makes it to the frontpage of Slashdot and 500 if it makes it to the frontpage of Reddit.

Even if it doesn't make it on those sites, I will pay 100 BTC per item below that I feel is satisfactorily covered.
- How Bitcoin works technically.
- Why Bitcoin will work economically.
- Why Bitcoin is better than the alternatives (PayPal, Liberty Reserve, cash, etc.)
- How to get started. Won
- (Professional-looking animation and audio.) Won
- (Long-term value for the Bitcoin community.) Won

So you could get a total of 3,600 from me. The video must not contain any major inaccuracies to qualify. I can help answer questions about how Bitcoin works, and there is a lot of info on the wiki.

This thread is 19 pages long!! It needs to be locked... Make a new thread theymos, linking to your pledge in this thread.  Cheesy
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
Unlocked because my separate bounty is still alive.

If the video makes it to the Digg frontpage, I will pay 1 BTC per digg it gets (max 2000). I'll also pay 500 if it makes it to the frontpage of Slashdot and 500 if it makes it to the frontpage of Reddit.

Even if it doesn't make it on those sites, I will pay 100 BTC per item below that I feel is satisfactorily covered.
- How Bitcoin works technically.
- Why Bitcoin will work economically.
- Why Bitcoin is better than the alternatives (PayPal, Liberty Reserve, cash, etc.)
- How to get started. Won
- (Professional-looking animation and audio.) Won
- (Long-term value for the Bitcoin community.) Won

So you could get a total of 3,600 from me. The video must not contain any major inaccuracies to qualify. I can help answer questions about how Bitcoin works, and there is a lot of info on the wiki.
legendary
Topic is locked so that people can't resurrect the thread plus the bounty was awarded.
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
AKA: Justmoon
Wow! This is really amazing and I know what I'm talking about as I edit videos. What software did you use for this? Adobe Aftereffects?

Yes, Adobe After Effects CS4 I believe.

In other news we've just submitted the video to http://www.webcuts.org/2011/ . It was free to submit so why not.

If any of you come across any contests, awards or film festivals with an animation/motion graphics category, let us know and we'll try and get it in. I don't know how high the chances are since the video is kind of a commercial, but hey Bitcoin is open-source and this is all indie stuff plus we've got nothing to lose in submitting it. Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
Especially since the existing video, unfortunately, says "bitcoins are generated all over the network, by anybody!"  This is something we need to fix psychologically in the community here.  Although that's the order in which bitcoins get to the network, bitcoins are not generated by a bitcoin miner.  They were all created mathematically right at the beginning when the bitcoin protocol was specified and the blockchain launched.  They are awarded to miners by all of us, in return for processing transactions and providing security to the network, in a highly competitive market.  Everybody repeat it five times.  If I could change one thing about how bitcoins get described to newcomers it would be this.  This slight change makes a universe of difference.

I absolutely agree! There is huge psychology difference between saying 'bitcoins are created by miner' and 'miner accept bitcoins from the network as reward for processing transactions'. Originally I explained bitcoins to my friends with first sentence, but then found that they don't catch it correctly and it is source of misunderstanding. I tried second way later and I hit almost 100% success rate Wink.
Activity: 294
Merit: 273
One comment, Justmoon--I know it's too late now for the original video, but saying that computers generate bitcoins is very confusing and the most common source of the concept that bitcoins are worthless.  Please be careful to explain in the technical video that the community has defined a set amount of bitcoins which are valued on open exchanges, and that bitcoins are rewarded to miners in return for processing transactions and increasing the cryptographic security of the network--in a highly competitive market.  This is the primary thing we need to change in explaining bitcoin to the public, imho.

I totally agree, illustrating that Bitcoins are real money was actually a top priority for this video. Explaining why they are valuable is more complex, but it is definitely high on our todo list. I don't want to promise putting it into the technical video (it's an economic more than a technical issue), but I agree about this issue's importance and we will definitely find some solution for communicating it better. "But Bitcoins have no backing!!" is a top five frequently asked question, no doubt about that.
Especially since the existing video, unfortunately, says "bitcoins are generated all over the network, by anybody!"  This is something we need to fix psychologically in the community here.  Although that's the order in which bitcoins get to the network, bitcoins are not generated by a bitcoin miner.  They were all created mathematically right at the beginning when the bitcoin protocol was specified and the blockchain launched.  They are awarded to miners by all of us, in return for processing transactions and providing security to the network, in a highly competitive market.  Everybody repeat it five times.  If I could change one thing about how bitcoins get described to newcomers it would be this.  This slight change makes a universe of difference.
I've translated the subtitles to Brazilian Portuguese. Hope it helps!

http://rapidshare.com/files/455023837/What_is_Bitcoin-ptBR.srt

Thanks, I've added it!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

An idea concerning the next, more technical video:

it should really take some time to explain both public key cryptography and the concept of cryptographic hash-based proof-of-work.
One comment, Justmoon--I know it's too late now for the original video, but saying that computers generate bitcoins is very confusing and the most common source of the concept that bitcoins are worthless.  Please be careful to explain in the technical video that the community has defined a set amount of bitcoins which are valued on open exchanges, and that bitcoins are rewarded to miners in return for processing transactions and increasing the cryptographic security of the network--in a highly competitive market.  This is the primary thing we need to change in explaining bitcoin to the public, imho.

I totally agree, illustrating that Bitcoins are real money was actually a top priority for this video. Explaining why they are valuable is more complex, but it is definitely high on our todo list. I don't want to promise putting it into the technical video (it's an economic more than a technical issue), but I agree about this issue's importance and we will definitely find some solution for communicating it better. "But Bitcoins have no backing!!" is a top five frequently asked question, no doubt about that.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
I've translated the subtitles to Brazilian Portuguese. Hope it helps!

http://rapidshare.com/files/455023837/What_is_Bitcoin-ptBR.srt
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Please if it's already done tell me.

Yes, a Spanish version is already available!!!

Was just about to get to work. Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: