Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for Bitcoin Animated Movie [won] - page 3. (Read 88191 times)

Activity: 234
Merit: 100
AKA: Justmoon
Please if it's already done tell me.

Yes, a Spanish version is already available!!!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
One comment, Justmoon--I know it's too late now for the original video, but saying that computers generate bitcoins is very confusing and the most common source of the concept that bitcoins are worthless.  Please be careful to explain in the technical video that the community has defined a set amount of bitcoins which are valued on open exchanges, and that bitcoins are rewarded to miners in return for processing transactions and increasing the cryptographic security of the network--in a highly competitive market.  This is the primary thing we need to change in explaining bitcoin to the public, imho.
Justmoon,

I'm sorry if this has already been posted or something elsewhere.
Could you (if willing) post or PM me a script from it.
I'd like to subtitle it (Spanish) and I'm guessing some others might too.

Honestly I could listen to it and write it all down in English then translate it but I'm guessing you have it already written and a copy & paste could save me a lot of work / maybe errors.

Awesome video though, made a pretty gimp donation but I'm broke  Sad
They've already been posted.

Thanks, I only had to go back one page. Doh!
Gonna see how quick I can get this Spanish taken care of.
Please if it's already done tell me.
Activity: 294
Merit: 273
One comment, Justmoon--I know it's too late now for the original video, but saying that computers generate bitcoins is very confusing and the most common source of the concept that bitcoins are worthless.  Please be careful to explain in the technical video that the community has defined a set amount of bitcoins which are valued on open exchanges, and that bitcoins are rewarded to miners in return for processing transactions and increasing the cryptographic security of the network--in a highly competitive market.  This is the primary thing we need to change in explaining bitcoin to the public, imho.
Justmoon,

Honestly I could listen to it and write it all down in English then translate it but I'm guessing you have it already written and a copy & paste could save me a lot of work / maybe errors.

They've already been posted.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Justmoon,

I think we should give him all the money even if little less than 50% of people says so.

We won't accept the money unless we win the vote fair and square.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
Pay him all the cash already you stingy cunts! Do you know how much effort has gone into that quality video?

He's gone beyond what was expected IMO. Too many people offering bounties on these forums and then not paying up after/changing their terms.

I actually believe he deserves the money. I just pointed out that the poll was bad.

I think we should give him all the money even if little less than 50% of people says so.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1071
Pay him all the cash already you stingy cunts! Do you know how much effort has gone into that quality video?

He's gone beyond what was expected IMO. Too many people offering bounties on these forums and then not paying up after/changing their terms.
legendary

Too bad that the poll is worhless (no offense) because of lack of security.
Anybody can register 100 accounts and vote as many times as he want.

Perhaps the voting should be done in topic, and only votes from people having at least 10 posts, and registered for at least month ago should have a vote.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
I put up a simple page with materials to do with the video - Nothing that hasn't been posted, just collecting everything in one spot.

Still waiting to hear from kiba, noagendamarket or bytemaster regarding this proposal:

Now, as for the bounty: Satoshi still has not responded after one week so at this point I would request we go with Gavin's approval instead, which he has already given:

Wow!  Great job, excellent video (I like fast), fully deserving of the bounty in my opinion.

As per the rules, we suggest waiting one week from today for more submissions and holding a vote if there are any. Kiba, noagendamarket, bytemaster, can one of you please confirm whether you agree with this procedure?

Edit: Poll has been set up (see link below). Thanks!!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
legendary
So is the bounty paid already ?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin
excellent video!  Great explanation/introduction for your average Joe.
Activity: 294
Merit: 273
Excellent work Justmoon, this is incredible!  I'm very much looking forward to the next video as well.  Although I haven't contributed to the bounty myself, my donation was part of the amount sent afterward; and you can be sure I will also be donating in support of the next one if it turns out at all on the same level--bounty or no bounty.  If you need any input on addressing common misconceptions in plain language, just let me know--I have quite a bit of experience with that both on these boards and in many other arenas of life.  I would love to contribute in any way I can.
Audio tracks:

Master (Everything): http://www.weusecoins.com/materials/wib_video/What_is_Bitcoin_Master.wav
Voice: http://www.weusecoins.com/materials/wib_video/What_is_Bitcoin_Voice.wav
Music: http://www.weusecoins.com/materials/wib_video/What_is_Bitcoin_Music.wav
Sound Effects: http://www.weusecoins.com/materials/wib_video/What_is_Bitcoin_Sounddesign.wav

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The "Music" and "Sound Effects" tracks are for use with the video "What is Bitcoin?" or parts of it ONLY.

These individual tracks are NOT under a Creative Commons license, because we ourselves do not have the rights to release them as such. However you are allowed them to combine them with parts of our video and release the result under Creative Commons. If you need free sound effects for your own videos, check out the Free Sound Project or just invest some money into hiring a professional sound designer.

The "Voice" track is released under a Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution license.

How to create a new voice over
The basic process is:
1. Record voice in sync with the video.
2. Mix your voice with the "Music" and "Sound Effects" tracks.
(Having step 2 done by a sound engineer is 100% worth it in our opinion, it will sound a million times better.)

We are also planning to create a "Materials/Press Kit" section on weusecoins.com where we collect the vector graphics source files from the video, the video in various formats, the above audio tracks, the subtitles in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Catalan, Hebrew, Polish and (hopefully soon) Chinese, the Bitcoin logo and acceptance logos and anything else that we can find.

------------------------

Now, as for the bounty: Satoshi still has not responded after one week so at this point I would request we go with Gavin's approval instead, which he has already given:

Wow!  Great job, excellent video (I like fast), fully deserving of the bounty in my opinion.

As per the rules, we suggest waiting one week from today for more submissions and holding a vote if there are any. Kiba, noagendamarket, bytemaster, can one of you please confirm whether you agree with this procedure?

As for the amount, we were hoping for the full amount, but 5000 BTC plus the 434.88 BTC we received from other donors are enough to pay the costs for this video (2000 BTC) and have a budget for the next one. The technical explanation video will be a very different beast - it'll be much, much longer (15-20 minutes or even more), less visually dense and the script will be developed in public with community involvement. Also I'd love to include some real-life footage with developer interviews from one of the next meetups. I might also use the chance to record some user interviews/testimonials for weusecoins.com.

In order not to raise false expectations: The technical explanation will take a while to do. "What is Bitcoin?" was about two and a half months of work 10 hours a week for me and about three weeks 25 hours a week for our designer. I earned nothing and he earned far less than with a normal project. Taking all that into consideration, I would realistically aim for a late summer release. Having a budget up front is what makes it possible to do it as a professional video at all. To give us a chance at the rest of the bounty would require the bounty organizers working with us to define exactly the content the video should have and setting the bar fairly high, so somebody else can't come in and snatch the bounty with a slapdash video while we are in production. Another way of doing this would be to set a due date for the bounty, upon which users will vote on the best candidate.
legendary
Or perhaps you could release the background music and voice separately, so people can make modifications necessary for other languages

This is on the way (someone on YouTube already requested it). There were some details to clear up, because the final mix is a lot more complex than just some tracks on top of one another. Volume levels of individual elements adapt to the speakers voice. Change the speaker and the sound effects and music sound like somebody is playing with the volume knobs. We've decided to create a flat mix out of the sound effects and music alone. That's the best raw material for another sound engineer to go and mix a new voice into. If somebody does a translation without professional mixing, well, it won't sound perfect, but there is nothing we can do about that anyway.

Thx a lot.
Or perhaps you could release the background music and voice separately, so people can make modifications necessary for other languages

This is on the way (someone on YouTube already requested it). There were some details to clear up, because the final mix is a lot more complex than just some tracks on top of one another. Volume levels of individual elements adapt to the speakers voice. Change the speaker and the sound effects and music sound like somebody is playing with the volume knobs. We've decided to create a flat mix out of the sound effects and music alone. That's the best raw material for another sound engineer to go and mix a new voice into. If somebody does a translation without professional mixing, well, it won't sound perfect, but there is nothing we can do about that anyway.
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
EDIT:

I double that. I'll happily use my voice to record polish version of the movie. Nevertheless, I'll upload translated polish SRT in a while.

Edit: Polish subtitles available here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1127246/What_is_Bitcoin.srt
Pages:
Jump to: