Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for Bitcoin Animated Movie [won] - page 6. (Read 88199 times)

Hal
vip
Activity: 314
Merit: 3803
Nice job! Sent 25 btc as thanks to 17eSZivDJpuJp9TxezTXVxkgLbsr3XZM1i.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
PS.  Am I the only one who thinks that this video could replace Gavin's speech video on bitcoin.org?

Of course not. Probably even Gavin himself thought of that video as a placeholder until a newbie friendly animated video was made.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
I disagree. I think the speed is perfect for such a basic promo which should only serve as an inspiration for people to read more about it and research more on their own.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
Finally, the video:
http://www.weusecoins.com/ or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

The video is released under a Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution license. If you would like to provide an HTTP mirror or seed the video on Bittorrent please contact me for the original H.264 1080p file.

This is excellent video, however much too fast.
Especially for people who don't speak fluent english. Actually i think that it will even be difficult to make subtitles that can keep up to the speed.

If you can slow the speed of events a little, it would be absolutely awesome.

What about a 30% slowdown ?

I'm sending X BTC now.
If you can slow it down, i will send more.
legendary
129GMPhks7k5bQnNJM4byLb4bE9nHCBSqP

This is for the mybitcoin account. Feel free to donate even more bitcoin into it.

Also, do not donate to the address listed at the beginning of the thread as a precaution. The address I listed in this post definitely belong to the mybitcoin escrow account.

Wouldn't it be smart to make a new thread about this specific video and website?
legendary
Awesome promo. I've already shared in on Facebook, and on 4 other forums that I know have people who will be very interested.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
To the address I listed right?

No, directly to justmoon. I prefer to select recipient directly Smiley.

That's good anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

No, directly to justmoon. I prefer to select recipient directly Smiley.
legendary
Justmoon, well done! I will be happy for next, mode in-depth video, so I hope that you'll give at least part of the bounty to cover video costs and save a bit for next one Smiley. I also like the marketing budget idea. I sent 50 BTC right now.

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
Justmoon, well done! I will be happy for next, mode in-depth video, so I hope that you'll give at least part of the bounty to cover video costs and save a bit for next one Smiley. I also like the marketing budget idea. I sent 50 BTC right now directly to your account.
legendary
I send my pledged 23.05 BTC to the escrow account.
legendary
129GMPhks7k5bQnNJM4byLb4bE9nHCBSqP

This is for the mybitcoin account. Feel free to donate even more bitcoin into it.

Also, do not donate to the address listed at the beginning of the thread as a precaution. The address I listed in this post definitely belong to the mybitcoin escrow account.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Overall, it looks video good. A bit too fast, IMO, though-- I had to skip backward to keep up a few times!

Only other suggestion I have is to mention tradebitcoin.com on the webpage.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076
This is actually a pretty good video Smiley

Well done!

PS.  Am I the only one who thinks that this video could replace Gavin's speech video on bitcoin.org?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Awesome video indeed, and thank you for reinvesting the bounty! Your efforts are much appreciated.

Btw, maybe it'd be a good idea to repost in the main forum because probably not many people check out this subforum.
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
Awesome video! It wins three of my goal bounties:
- How to get started.
- (Professional-looking animation and audio.)
- (Long-term value for the Bitcoin community.)

I have sent 300 BTC.
legendary
This is excellent work! I hope you have good luck getting Gavin or Satoshi approve of it.

Also, how come it said no fees at the end? Maybe it should said "very cheap".
vip
Activity: 447
Merit: 258
I'll strive to quickly improve the site - feedback is welcome. And if you have a cool Bitcoin service that could help a newbie that isn't on there yet, please let me know.

Thanks for the CoinPal mention.  I'll keep a close eye on my inventory to try and meet the buying rush as this excellent video goes viral.  Thank you to all involved.

I love your idea for continued Bitcoin marketing efforts.  My vote is for more videos.  When I first heard of Bitcoin, I spent a couple hours trying to find decent ones to help me clarify my understanding of the PDF.
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
AKA: Justmoon
Ok, well, the website is only half done, but I'm tired of keeping everybody waiting.

I'll strive to quickly improve the site - feedback is welcome. And if you have a cool Bitcoin service that could help a newbie that isn't on there yet, please let me know.

Now onto the subject of bounties: If we win the main bounty I will recoup the costs for this video (exactly 2000 BTC b/c our motion graphics designer gets 2000 BTC minus audio costs) and the rest (6400 BTC) plus any other bounties or donations we receive will become a fund for promoting Bitcoin. I'm thinking of things like:

- Additional, more in-depth videos
- Updates/improvements/features for weusecoins.com
- A donation to the faucet
- Sponsorships (e.g. paying a popular podcast to mention Bitcoin in their opening)
- Posting bounties for usability features etc.
- Other ideas are most welcome!

The reason I want to reinvest the bounty in this way is that I think with Bitcoin being an open source project the marginal utility of having even a small marketing budget is rather large. I own a lot of Bitcoins and I'm good at doing a lot with a small budget, so with the bounty as a permanent Bitcoin marketing fund, I'm hoping to be able to do some good over the next year or so. Smiley

The address for the Bitcoin marketing fund is 17eSZivDJpuJp9TxezTXVxkgLbsr3XZM1i - we will make a page where everything we spend from this address will be listed and of course the block chain will allow you to confirm the amounts are accurate and how much is still there.

First step for winning the main bounty is getting Satoshi's approval for the video, so I've emailed him and will let you know how it goes. If we can't reach him, I propose asking Gavin for approval instead.

As for Reddit and Digg bounties - I have no interest in those sites and no idea how to promote something there so I won't bother. Feel free to post links to the video on those (and other) pages if you like, any bounty we win from theymos will be added to the marketing fund and will go towards further videos etc as stated above.

Finally, the video:
http://www.weusecoins.com/ or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

The video is released under a Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution license. If you would like to provide an HTTP mirror or seed the video on Bittorrent please contact me for the original H.264 1080p file.
legendary
Sorry for not coming on the forums right after the meetup - I came back to a pile of work waiting for me. The reception of the movie at the meetup was very positive. We had one last minute change to the credits, but the video should go up today.

Can't wait.
Pages:
Jump to: