Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty hunters hurting themselves? - page 7. (Read 679 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
The Exchange for EOS Community
September 09, 2018, 08:15:50 AM
It occurred to me today that with the market in this fragile state bounty hunters could end up ruining bounties and having this opportunity closed off to them in the future if the dumping continues as soon as the tokens are released and an exchange begins trading. The coins just cannot handle the dump at this time with the market so low and everyone so timid.  The projects will find a different means of promotion as paying us in their tokens will no longer be an option as it would harm the project to much.  

Thoughts?

If selling coins by bountyhunters hurts the project it is not fault of bountyhunters, it is fail of project. Because if market can't redeem this little amount of 2-3% of total coins this means that market is not interested in project or it is not ready to buy it for the current price because it is too expensive.
Also this type of advertisement will not die - it is free for developers and will always be in demand
Activity: 1988
Merit: 283
September 07, 2018, 12:10:38 PM
Bounty participants should not be blamed when a bounty campaign fails. if 1/100 tokens are dumped, how should it affect a project. .
I agree with this statement , because there's no really such reason to be blamed for bounty hunters if what ever happened in the campaign.  'cause bounty hunter works only  on a campaign to promote the project, and in fact mostly didn't contribute on it for the progress which is the reason of participation is just to earn free tokens. So there's no way that bounty hunter should be blamed when there's a failure in the project.
Activity: 753
Merit: 100
September 07, 2018, 11:54:29 AM
Now is really a difficult time for projects and, accordingly, for bounty campaigns, as it is very difficult for projects to raise funds under such market conditions, but I do not think that campaign bounties can disappear at all, because the funds allocated for their holding are relatively small. The market will recover, and everything will fall into place.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
September 07, 2018, 09:49:38 AM
It occurred to me today that with the market in this fragile state bounty hunters could end up ruining bounties and having this opportunity closed off to them in the future if the dumping continues as soon as the tokens are released and an exchange begins trading. The coins just cannot handle the dump at this time with the market so low and everyone so timid.  The projects will find a different means of promotion as paying us in their tokens will no longer be an option as it would harm the project to much.  

Thoughts?

I do not think bounty hunters are responsible for the increase in rate which tokens are dumped on the exchange since most projects allocates a little percentage of the total tokens for bounty exercise. Rather, the high bonus percentage which projects give private investors is one of the reasons why tokens are dumped on the exchange.
Activity: 55
September 07, 2018, 07:47:57 AM
Bounty participants should not be blamed when a bounty campaign fails. if 1/100 tokens are dumped, how should it affect a project. Meanwhile not all participants do dump tokens given to them, this means that not even all the 1% of tokens are dumped.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
September 07, 2018, 06:41:37 AM
A way in which the projects can prevent massive dumping by both investors and bounty hunters is to lock the tokens for a X period of time. This wouldn't be a bad idea. Or pay out the investments in parts, so bounty hunters cant get it all at once and dump it in the market.
Activity: 224
September 07, 2018, 05:54:20 AM

Thoughts?

I think this matter is very sensitive. Since we don't know what is the movement of the project owner about promotions. ICO always allocate bounty pool in their target market plan and token allocation.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
September 07, 2018, 05:43:35 AM
it is the nature of these tokens and nothing you can do about it to change that. anybody who has ever received one of these tokens or anyone who has bothered to look at the charts of the previous ones knows well enough that they all will get dumped big time and that means as soon as you receive these tokens you must sell them because that is the highest price you will ever get for these kind of token.
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
September 07, 2018, 05:30:05 AM

Thoughts?
I agree with the above.Bounty participants do not have many coins.Not everyone wants to sell at a too low price.Bounty is very cheap for the company.
Activity: 280
September 07, 2018, 05:21:21 AM

Thoughts?

Obviously people do join bounties only for them to get some money and they don't usually care about that project and what that future holds. They are just in for the money.

It's seems like that but in other way they are also plays a vital role in making the projects successful and hopefully for the bounty hunters they recognized the effect of early dumping even if it's below ICO price.
Activity: 247
September 07, 2018, 05:15:08 AM
It is not fair to blame it all in the bounty hunters. Every ico or commonly ico only offer like a small fraction as a reward. Recently I see like 3% or even lower are allocated to rewards for bounty hunters. Most of the investors often blame bounty hunters are the main cause of failing ico when in reality we only receive a little fraction of the ico.
Activity: 442
September 07, 2018, 05:07:31 AM

Thoughts?
All that you said is true, but it is actually the developer's own problem. If they can use BTC or ETH to pay these bounty hunters, their own coins will not be sold. But for them, the cost of paying for hard currency such as ETH or BTC is a bit high. How to pay the bounty in what way is a problem that needs to be solved urgently.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
September 07, 2018, 05:07:05 AM
many join as bounty hunters are not legit, they simply see this is a way to get free coin and dump to the market to make more money.

they have no interest whatsoever to really promote the ICO they join in.
Activity: 14
September 07, 2018, 05:02:33 AM
i think the same way too, with the fall of market, many holder token (not only bounty hunters) did panic sell and make conditions more worse.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
September 07, 2018, 05:01:28 AM
I have noticed that most of the bounty campaigns that I joined that is scheduled to be delivered as of this month has been postponed due to the current market situation. The life of the token totally lies on the team whether they release the token now.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
September 07, 2018, 05:00:00 AM
The low price of Tokens should not be blame for the selling of tokens by the bounty participants because its only 1% to 2% of the total tokens sold are being distributed  so it is definitely not to big that the price would be in its lowest price (usually below ICO price). Usually hunters received their payment more than 1 to 2 months after the tokensale so it is not really the hunters but the market it self especially now that we are in the bear market.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
September 07, 2018, 04:23:17 AM

Thoughts?

Obviously people do join bounties only for them to get some money and they don't usually care about that project and what that future holds. They are just in for the money.
Activity: 24
September 07, 2018, 04:09:17 AM
firstly, hunters do not have so many coins that would be hard to dump. in the second, investors themselves will be dumped to a greater degree. because you can get 20-30% profit and re-buy at the bottom. and the bounty will not die because it is essentially a cheap labor force, it can get tougher by the rules but it will
I agree with you, I am also a bounty! Now it's hard to make bounty, ICO scam or so, the price is reduced too! So sad!
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
-= OI =-
September 07, 2018, 04:01:26 AM
i think dumb price because more than 1 factor....
And 1-2% alocation fund for bounty, i think not enough to make the token price dumb.
If that happen, surely just 1-2 weeks. After that price will be back to normal (if big investor not brutal selling)
Activity: 80
September 07, 2018, 03:51:02 AM
When you are engaging in a bounties campaigns you are promoting the developer coins. And you will surely be paid with the coins at the of the campaigns am not sure there will be an alternative payments to that.  Is left for you as a bounty hunters to select a credibly campaigns to participate in which will give you a reasonable returns at the long run.
The bounty programs can only get better though some modalities can be apply at times goes on.
Pages:
Jump to: