Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty hunting is past it's glory days - page 7. (Read 5986 times)

Activity: 646
Merit: 100
tozex.io
September 02, 2019, 08:00:42 AM
Gone are the days when bounty hunters mainly depend on bounty to earn a living , right now one should get other jobs and add bounty to compliment, with thorough research one could get a bounty that will give a good pay, but don't depend fully on bounty.
Activity: 332
Merit: 11
September 02, 2019, 07:10:06 AM
As a bounty hunter, I also switch to trading and investing. there are also jobs in my real world that are as a seller of wifi and also a chicken farmer.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
September 02, 2019, 06:45:41 AM
Agree, bounty has passed its best phase. In 2017 and 2018 I received a lot of money from bounty. But in 2019, I still haven't received any bounty income. Most bounty are scam and fail
Those are the times where bounty hunting are so lucrative, I think most of us who do bounty hunting that time receive a decent amount of reward.
Now, I still some bounty rewards from the past work particularly in 2018 but I can't sell it now as it dump when it started trading in exchange.

For me, I would rather treat this as a long term investment and hold it, I am confident that the bounty rewards I receive are the coins from a good project and a good project always have a potential to grow, maybe not this year but for sure as long as it survives, it could be more valuable in the future.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
September 02, 2019, 06:29:36 AM
Agree, bounty has passed its best phase. In 2017 and 2018 I received a lot of money from bounty. But in 2019, I still haven't received any bounty income. Most bounty are scam and fail
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
September 02, 2019, 06:21:32 AM
My experience so far with bounty this year have been bad and it is not as profitable as it used to be. Mainly bounty hunters don't really get good projects that will pay and those that pay just pay a penny which is not worth the time and energy put into the work.
My question is, is it possible to still make a living from bounty or we should just move on from it?
I also felt that way, from 2018 I did not get a commensurate profit. Right now I'm trying to trade altcoin and bitcoin. For now I only work on campaign signatures
Activity: 286
Merit: 3
https://goldeth.io/
September 02, 2019, 05:31:53 AM
my experience at that time was the same as participating in a prize that did not produce and I know it happened because I was not careful in participating in the project but besides that the reality was that from 2018 to 2019 many projects ended in fraud. I think now the projects that I follow will give good results, they have a strong team and the products they offer in the market are of very high quality.
Activity: 335
Merit: 100
September 02, 2019, 02:55:08 AM
My experience so far with bounty this year have been bad and it is not as profitable as it used to be. Mainly bounty hunters don't really get good projects that will pay and those that pay just pay a penny which is not worth the time and energy put into the work.
My question is, is it possible to still make a living from bounty or we should just move on from it?
Bounty is dying with ICO, sadly but it's true. You can see that currently, only IEO can attract investors, and such projects are almost no marketing needed when the the exchanges will do it for them. Current projects focus on funding from institution, venture capitals, they do not conduct ICO so bounty so it is not necessary.
I see just some tasks for hunters like doing community, but it required a lot of effort.

There will always be bounty. Now it is just IEO and not as much ICO. I think it is better and at least you know the tokens will be listed. What projects are you talking about that have exchanges do the adverising for them?? How will an exchange advertise here or use twitter and other social media?
Yes, know, we have many kind of bounties. As you know, for the top exchanges, they have better media channel like Telegram and Twitter with a very large community, and the reputation of the exchange is a key factor for the succes of IEOs. Also, exchanges have many kind of marketing for their IEOs like hosting an AMA in Telegram groups, make some activities in other local groups, quiz, etc,.. and I can see the good effect for both exchanges and ICO.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
September 01, 2019, 04:18:20 PM
I have also experienced it, but actually we cannot blame anyone because the fact is that there are still some really good bounty programs and unfortunately we are wrong to choose, so we don't get any results this year, if only we can continue to choose correctly then I am sure you will not say that this year is a bad year

Another big problem among bounty hunters before is that they treat bounty hunting as a job specially in 2017 wherein many of them got a huge windfall just by joining airdrops alone. I've seen a lot of thread telling that bounties is really profitable at that time. Or just someone quit their job concentrate on this whole activity just to survived in their life. And then when 2018 comes along, no more income for them and that is the main reason why majority is complaining that bounty is very different and no longer the same as 2017. We need to adapt and just not rely on bounty hunting because we all know that crypto is very volatile and unstable.
Activity: 868
September 01, 2019, 04:08:39 PM
I have also experienced it, but actually we cannot blame anyone because the fact is that there are still some really good bounty programs and unfortunately we are wrong to choose, so we don't get any results this year, if only we can continue to choose correctly then I am sure you will not say that this year is a bad year
Activity: 2492
Merit: 586
September 01, 2019, 04:02:37 PM
Project selection has always been the most important thing for bounty hunter. Even at the best of times, there were chances to run into a scam and get nothing. Even now bounty hunters can earn some money
If project selection was actually or has been important to people, then the level o scammed project In the market today ought to have reduced drastically, if hunters had done their due diligent very well before they engage in any project, at least to some extent, investors would have been safe and we would not have been kicked out the way exchanges has kicked investors out through the introduction of their IEO that makes most hunters not to be able to participate in any reliable project again.

Most of the projects that you come across in IEO now are mostly scam projects and to really get a reliable project really takes the grace of GOD, but notwithstanding, we still have some reliable ICO, only if we can do our due diligence like most exchanges that operates IEO does before they present it to the world.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
September 01, 2019, 04:02:13 PM
Let me start with your question - Yes, it's possible to make something substantial from bounties this day. But you must be careful in identifying the good projects to run adverts for if you must profit from it. Look out for projects with use-case and utility. I have had a fair share too of supporting unprofitable projects in the near past. I guess every veteran member here does too. Now, I am highly selective of bounties I indulge.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 263
September 01, 2019, 03:52:35 PM
yes we all have to realize that every change in the crypto market from year to year continues to experience a slight decline and now we feel how difficult it is to make money by becoming a bounty hunter. I don't really know the cause, but what is clear is that many projects are unclear, but we cannot blame every change, at least we can only try and find a good Altcoin to trade.
Activity: 490
September 01, 2019, 02:48:13 PM
The question was asked incorrectly, since no one knows what income TS needs. It has become more difficult to earn, income is small, but in some countries you can live on money received from the bounty.
Don't know in what countries you can make good money on the bounty, but I say to myself. Not very much now manages to earn on bounty companies, and even to earn a little you need to participate in a large number of bounty. I don't think anything will change anytime soon.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
September 01, 2019, 02:39:18 PM
The question was asked incorrectly, since no one knows what income TS needs. It has become more difficult to earn, income is small, but in some countries you can live on money received from the bounty.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 267
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 01, 2019, 01:38:16 PM
It's possible to make a living maybe if  you are a bounty manager, but as a bounty hunter? It's slim right now. It's not that bad though. There are still projects that pay although the profit is small, you could still make some decent profit.

Maybe with the launch of IEO, bounty hunting would be lively again since the probability of getting scammed in a project that launch in a big exchange is low compared to ICO, choosing those projects to bounty hunt would yield some promising profit.

But IEO held on cryptocurrency exchanges often have a very "narrow" advertising, most often on website/zendesk or Medium/Twitter exchange. Of course that, for example, on Twitter Binance signed a lot of people (large target audience), but the same Binance conduct of IEO/listing are very costly; the small exchanges have the opposite. Therefore, medium and small projects will continue to carry out ICO and attract bounty managers to advertise their project and therefore for some time will be held bounty campaigns.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
September 01, 2019, 01:31:01 PM
It's possible to make a living maybe if  you are a bounty manager, but as a bounty hunter? It's slim right now. It's not that bad though. There are still projects that pay although the profit is small, you could still make some decent profit.

Maybe with the launch of IEO, bounty hunting would be lively again since the probability of getting scammed in a project that launch in a big exchange is low compared to ICO, choosing those projects to bounty hunt would yield some promising profit.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
September 01, 2019, 01:13:06 PM
Glory days are definitely over, I am not sure if I am going to continue with even on gamble basis . The ICo market is weak nowadays, a lot of good projects dont even go for bounty. Some do bounties but they have very little allocation . Definitely not worth trying to make a living out of it.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 572
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 01, 2019, 01:08:50 PM
Move on is better, i think beside we do real life job. Bounty still can be done because it not take very long time. I think for now especially when condition of bounty campaign like this, we must think smarter and not always stuck on this. Glad i already have real job so i only do bounty after come home. Or maybe visit this forum to look information and updates from projects that i already joined.
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
September 01, 2019, 12:29:52 PM
Without absolute doubt yes we are past the glory days of bounty hunting just because the market is down and there are too many scam projects out there but you chose your projects wise you'll be rewarded.
Activity: 27
Merit: 1
September 01, 2019, 11:44:48 AM
I somehow agree with the poster.. bms now are seriously frustrating the lives of hunters, you work for months and get paid for peanuts.. is disheartening how bms really think hunters are slaves, these hunters use there paid network (data) time and every resources they have to promote them and at the end, rhey either come up not to pay, pay little or introduce new rules which I'm the beginning was never mentioned. Bounty now is terrible and not as paying as it used to be, the best is to find other means of income.
Pages:
Jump to: