Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing]: Caleb Plant vs David Benavidez - page 16. (Read 3740 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
November 25, 2022, 06:41:07 PM

Benavidez, on the other hand is a two-time former WBC super middleweight champion, never lost the belt to any fighter though. It was all his wrong doing, first he lost the title when he was tested positive for cocaine.

What are your thoughts on this fight?

Cocaine can damage the heart. Causing it to pump less blood. Resulting in reduced oxygenation. Causing athletes to fatigue faster than normal.

I think Canelo fought Caleb Plant thinking he would be an easy payday. While avoiding David Benavidez for him being too dangerous.

Benavidez should be the clear favorite to win this fight assuming that he hasn't damaged his body too much with a cocaine addiction. If Benavidez did a lot of cocaine his cardio could be bad. I think cocaine can also negatively affect an athlete's timing. As it is known to have an effect on that part of the brain. If Benavidez did a lot of coke I would bet on Caleb Plant if he was a clean athlete.

Other athletes whose cocaine addictions negatively affected their fighting careers are names like Melvin Guillard. Its much more common than people think.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
November 25, 2022, 05:38:12 PM
It seems that we will see this fight happening in 2023, no date yet, but according to Plant, he has signed the contract already.

https://twitter.com/SweetHandsPlant/status/1588279180281532417

Plant is riding on a momentum of his great knockout against Anthony Dirrell last month,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxF5cu7fG3U

Benavidez, on the other hand is a two-time former WBC super middleweight champion, never lost the belt to any fighter though. It was all his wrong doing, first he lost the title when he was tested positive for cocaine. And then after getting back the title, he lost it again this time to Roamer Alexis Angulo as he can't make the weight.

Benavidez wanted to go and fight Canelo Alvarez, but the camp of Canelo says no, as they want him to proved himself. So maybe if he beat Plant worst than Canelo beat him, he might gain some respect and could potentially face Alvarez in the future.

What are your thoughts on this fight?
Pages:
Jump to: