Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS+ support thread - page 3. (Read 2202 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
May 03, 2023, 11:07:22 AM
This was posted in reddit:

Quote from: Miner Maker

I have been saying this for a good while: Efficiency matters.

You know what is not efficient? Pre-sets. Blind manual settings that may work "equally" with an average number of miners can only produce average results. Real autotuning has no shortcuts and only Braiins OS+ does it. Others can't bother to do the whole job, and they lack the capacity to do so anyway.

With proper autotuning, results vary with each miner, because each miner chip yield quality varies. The manufacturer just mixed many low yield with a few high yield chips so the average reaches their "advertised speed". Therefore the "same" (manual) settings will never be efficient across a vast number of miners and this just confirms what others in the industry have verified by themselves.

Furthermore, a blind pre-set doesn't monitor chips and doesn't self adjust in response, something Braiins OS+ does. Which is why, miners running Braiins OS+ last longer. The firmware protects the chips and acts while others just squeeze them until they die.

And yes the industry knows. Many just quietly test and adopt because the results don't lie, especially tests done properly like this one.

Braiins is not joking when it states it has pushed the mining industry, and more is coming...
legendary
March 30, 2023, 04:30:45 PM
Well ... I got pretty far actually ...

Though I guess your response will be that pool size is all that matters ... so everyone should leave your pool and go to the bigger ones? Smiley

I know, you are one of the good examples. But remember that even your pool is not 0% fee  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
March 30, 2023, 04:15:49 PM
when you have rolling advertising for the same firmware and miners on 1 forum you start to wonder if bitcoin is actually worth anyones time. if braiins is needed bitcoin already has a problem. i already have credit cards who charge merchants 2-5% dont need a free p2p network currency firmware that charges 2% and a pool fee that charges 2% kinda sounds like the same ball of shit

You are free to run your own pool and develop your own firmware for free, lets see how far you can get...

Well ... I got pretty far actually ...

Though I guess your response will be that pool size is all that matters ... so everyone should leave your pool and go to the bigger ones? Smiley
legendary
March 30, 2023, 03:19:32 PM
when you have rolling advertising for the same firmware and miners on 1 forum you start to wonder if bitcoin is actually worth anyones time. if braiins is needed bitcoin already has a problem. i already have credit cards who charge merchants 2-5% dont need a free p2p network currency firmware that charges 2% and a pool fee that charges 2% kinda sounds like the same ball of shit

You are free to run your own pool and develop your own firmware for free, lets see how far you can get...

Whats next, free lunch? You can hash things by hand if you don't want hw or fw optimized for said hw.

And in this forum anyone can run advertising signatures, got a problem with that? No we don't have a campaign running (I'm too lazy for it). If you don't like it, don't use it. If you don't like my messages, use the ignore function and go back to your credit cards.
Activity: 49
Merit: 11
March 29, 2023, 04:33:56 PM

Yes, Bitmain is using cpus designed for real time video processing with AI acceleration for identification of people... A bit of a waste IMO.
My inner conspiracy-theorist is having a field day with that!  Grin

Activity: 199
Merit: 37
March 27, 2023, 05:57:13 PM

Yes, Bitmain is using cpus designed for real time video processing with AI acceleration for identification of people... A bit of a waste IMO.
My inner conspiracy-theorist is having a field day with that!  Grin
legendary
March 27, 2023, 02:16:00 PM
Apparently from 2023 onwards, so in theory you should be safe. I actually got the first picture in late December. It is from CVITEK.

March 25, 2023, 07:21:55 PM

There is a new control board which is under study, it also comes with a microSD slot in the front, so no, it is not a safe method.
There will be an announcement about AmLogic, you should keep them. Only the aml has the usb port so its still easy to recognize from the outside. And only the bbb has no port at all, its also easy to recognize from the outside.

If it has a microSD slot, then hopefully it has a sticker with Zynq/Xilinx/7007 on top. Else you need to remove the metal cover and see for yourself.
Thanks again!

Regarding the new control board with SD card at the front which is not a Zynq board: How new is that board? Is a used miner that was initially bought in mid-2022 certainly a Zynq board miner if it has the SD slot at the front? Or when is the cutoff date?

legendary
March 25, 2023, 04:02:18 PM

BRAIINS OS+ SUPPORT FOR AMLOGIC CONTROL BOARDS

We will be rolling out support for all Antminer X19 models with Amlogic control boards soon 🔥

If you have any Antminer X19 series models with Amlogic control boards that you would like to run Braiins OS+ on please join the remote install wait list (form at the bottom of this message).

Our support team will reach out to you with information on how to proceed with the installation once the firmware is ready 🤝

👉REMOTE INSTALL WAITLIST FORM👈
legendary
March 25, 2023, 12:56:08 PM
Wait for the next release, or try with a BeagleBone. The Zynq image is currently supporting a few less variants.

When shopping around for a miner, how best can I get a reliable answer from a potentially clueless vendor to figure out if the miner has a zynq or a BBB or a Amlogic control board?

And how could it be verified, eg is there an easy way to take a photo that shows a relevant part of the control board, so that even an uninformed vendor could show me a photo that answers if it is a BBB or a Amlogic board?

The external SD card slot is easy enough to verify the zinq variant.

There is a new control board which is under study, it also comes with a microSD slot in the front, so no, it is not a safe method.
There will be an announcement about AmLogic, you should keep them. Only the aml has the usb port so its still easy to recognize from the outside. And only the bbb has no port at all, its also easy to recognize from the outside.

If it has a microSD slot, then hopefully it has a sticker with Zynq/Xilinx/7007 on top. Else you need to remove the metal cover and see for yourself.
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
March 25, 2023, 11:36:37 AM
what control board works with the xp? thinking about swapping my amlogic...

C87 doesn’t work with my 141 xp
March 25, 2023, 04:13:13 AM
What does it mean on the BraiinsOS+ page under "Choose Miner" where it lists "Antminer X19" ?

Do you mean it includes all S19 and T19 models?

Thanks for your 'Yes' reply earlier!

However, I have another related question which may seem redundant, but I want to be certain a miner will run on BraiinsOS+ before buying it:

I am looking at an Antminer S19 with this sticker: " Ctrl_Board: Amlogic "

Is that control board going to be a problem?

EDIT: I think I found the answer: " does not have an SD card slot, only a microUSB " from https://braiins.com/blog/bitcoin-mining-control-board-variations

I suppose that still means no BraiinsOS+ for such a miner?

When shopping around for a miner, how best can I get a reliable answer from a potentially clueless vendor to figure out if the miner has a zynq or a BBB or a Amlogic control board?

And how could it be verified, eg is there an easy way to take a photo that shows a relevant part of the control board, so that even an uninformed vendor could show me a photo that answers if it is a BBB or a Amlogic board?

The external SD card slot is easy enough to verify the zinq variant.
legendary
March 21, 2023, 02:56:29 PM
No, i collect them myself from people willing to share their results.

I am currently waiting for 23.02 results since the tuner and hardware support has vastly improved.

If you want to provide your own results, send me a dm with: Miner model, Real Hashrate, watts measured at the wall, chip temperature (Tuner Status: Stable)
I'm always sharing this file in our telegram group.

Your questions are basically answered this way: It depends on your own miner and conditions. We don't take shortcuts, pre-made profiles can only provide average results at best. True autotuning will find the best result within the target you specify for your own miner in your own place at any given time, and now without hashboard restarts or significant loss of hashrate during tuning.

Even better efficiency is observed using a lower power target and while having constant chip temperature of about 60°C or less.

If you read my previous messages in this thread, you can find out the best previous results. Miners with the highest factory rating tend to be more efficient.

For example I have an old result from a jpro 92T doing 22.1J at 74TH 40°C. Same miner did 29.5J at 110TH 69°C. Does it mean yours will do the same? Not necessarily, again it truly depends in your actual chips, the so called "silicon lottery" put in your hashboards by the manufacturer.

Only Braiins OS+ finds and achieves the very best your own miner can achieve, accept no imitations.
March 20, 2023, 08:59:42 PM
Is there a thread or page where BraiinsOS+ tuning results are collected?

I'm wondering what results to expect, just roughly, for certain miners, to help decide which ones to buy.

Specifically, I would like to know:

- what is the lowest hashrate or power level that the miner was able to be tuned to?
- what is the best J/TH efficiency that has been achieved?
- what is the highest hashrate that has been achieved?

In case there is no such page, at the moment I'm interested specifically in results for an Antminer S19 90TH/s.
legendary
March 18, 2023, 05:39:17 PM
The current public release has micro sd images for Zynq and BeagleBone. They run directly from the sd card, nothing is ever written to the nand or eeprom. Insert the card and it runs Braiins OS, remove the card and it boots factory firmware.
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
March 18, 2023, 09:14:25 AM
what control board works with the xp? thinking about swapping my amlogic...
legendary
March 17, 2023, 09:27:15 AM
Yes.
March 17, 2023, 08:30:57 AM
What does it mean on the BraiinsOS+ page under "Choose Miner" where it lists "Antminer X19" ?

Do you mean it includes all S19 and T19 models?
legendary
March 17, 2023, 05:20:14 AM
It is because the hashboards each get 1/3 of the value. So 900/3*2=600.
Innosilicon not at this point.
March 16, 2023, 04:31:52 PM
The default configuration is minimum required fans 1, as long as you have 1 fan or spoofer plugged, it will hash unless it overheats and stops due to reaching Dangerous temperature.

It will save all the profiles. So you can tune it for low power, and when stable, switch back to the default quickly, and to the low power quickly.
But mine did hash without any fan or spoofer attached. Anyway, I'll test that again one day when I have a suitable SD card and spare time.

The saving of all profiles is great, the software works really well!

My beat up old S9J with 2 hashboards and a 2050W new PSU and 200mm Phresh fan gets to a peak efficiency of 73-74J/Th when set to 900W (measured at the wall including PSU, fan and WiFi extender). I have not tried it in 50W steps yet, but both 800W and 1000W settings use more J/TH than 900W, so it's close to ideal.

It is also very quiet at that 900W setting, the Phresh fan needs to run at only 25% (rough estimate) to keep the chips at 85C in 29C air temperature.

Why is it that the power setting does not get reached? When I set 1000W, it settles at 683/1000W etc. Always a bit more than 2/3rd of what I set in the 'PSU Power Limit (for all hashboards)'.
Is it because I have only 2 hashboards connected? The "Override Global Hash Chain Configuration' is set to enable only Hashboard #6 and #7.

Edit: Another question: Is support for any Innosilicon miners coming in BOS+?
Pages:
Jump to: