Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS+ support thread - page 5. (Read 2202 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 30, 2022, 11:03:15 PM
S9 w Braiins OS+ - haven't been able to connect to Zergpool. I think I'm missing some bit of syntax in the pool info. I am currently running a gekko setup with CGminer, an Apollo, and a couple of CPU's with XMRig - all on zergpool successfully. S9 is currently on another pool and I've mined on CK solo with it before.
I've tried everything I can think of to move the S9/Braiins+ to zergpool and it always comes up Pool Dead. I think I'm just missing something with the syntax.
Has anyone else experienced this? Interested in assisting my troubleshooting?
currently Pool URL: stratum+tcp://sha256.mine.zergpool.com:3333
username: bc1...(wallet addess)....zw3gs
Password: c=BTC, ID=ShaRightS9

Had the same issue with mmpool and Braiins OS (with a Antminer R4, flashed with S9's firmware) some time ago

I don't find it again but I think I saw Kano explaining on the forum that some pool refuses braiins os (maybe because of the modified cgminer or i don't know ?)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
December 28, 2022, 07:32:12 PM
hey all. im going to ask this here as well. i have sent out a support ticket to braiins as well. just trying to figure out whats going on and how to fix it.

i just purchased 2 antminer s9's back in april 2022. i set them up using the braiins os+ software and of course i mine on there pool as well.

so everything was running just fine and all. but then i shut down my machines manually on christmas morning since my machines are in my living room. lol
after we did presents and all i turned the machines back on. everything was fine and all until i looked at my braiins app on my phone on dec 26th just after midnght.

thats when i noticed my machines were not working properly. they were mining on some other pool for someone else.
this is something very new to me. no 1 else in my house knows my passwords for anything.
so somehow someone "hacked" into my antminers and changed the pool config.

i have deleted there pool and put mine back in. and i thought all was well again. but after only 1.5 hrs on the dashboard page it showed a new pool address and username
but on the config tab there was nothing but my pool information.

i contacted support at braiins and im waiting to hear more from them.
they said i was running an older version of the software so when i got home from work i tried to install a newer version onto the machines but each time is says i am already running the current version.

of course i would really like to keep mining but currently im running my machines so they can work for someone else. lol

anyone have any ideas on how i can fix this problem so i dont have to shut my machines down.

thanks for any and all help.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
December 16, 2022, 09:23:10 AM
You can ignore those warnings, they don't mean anything.
Activity: 21
December 16, 2022, 08:13:35 AM
You can't put that space in the password.

I've tried it with the space removed, still the same results. ( c=BTC,ID=ShaRightS9 )

Log, trying the NA server:

Thu Dec 15 21:39:56 2022 daemon.err bosminer[31142]: Dec 16 03:39:56.902  WARN bosminer::client::stratum_v2: Failed to connect to sha256.na.mine.zergpool.com:3333, user=bc1qs........3gs Connection timeout
Thu Dec 15 21:39:56 2022 daemon.err bosminer[31142]: Dec 16 03:39:56.902  WARN bosminer::client::stratum_v2: user:stratum+tcp://[email protected]: Connection timeout

legendary
December 14, 2022, 09:17:34 AM
Be mindful that the latest firmware upgrade promised by the manufacturer for Christmas may actually render the machine unable to run Braiins OS+.

Its best to not upgrade and wait.
legendary
December 10, 2022, 11:37:29 AM
Well i don't know about zergpool but zpool and mining-dutch did work in the past. Maybe there is a different port for sha-256 asicboost so check your pool documentation.
December 09, 2022, 06:39:51 PM

I've tried it with the space removed, still the same results. ( c=BTC,ID=ShaRightS9 )
legendary
December 09, 2022, 10:23:15 AM

In other news, as demonstrated in the past, Braiins OS+ has reached the efficiency of the next generation:

First the S9 reached the S11 (74 J/TH ARGFA).
Then the S17 reached the S19 (29 J/TH Bas Laurier).
Now the S19 reaches the XP (20 J/TH Sadnudbi).
* These were all shared by users in our Telegram support group.

It was set to Power Target 1616, HOT temp changed to 60C and Dangerous to 70C with dynamic scaling enabled with a step of 200W.

Theoretically with two of these you can surpass the XP:

Single XP 127T 2730W
Two jPros: 128.6T 2686W

Efficiency matters. Profile shortcuts provided by crude mods that pretend to "invent" autotune will never cut it.
December 09, 2022, 08:59:48 AM
S9 w Braiins OS+ - haven't been able to connect to Zergpool. I think I'm missing some bit of syntax in the pool info. I am currently running a gekko setup with CGminer, an Apollo, and a couple of CPU's with XMRig - all on zergpool successfully. S9 is currently on another pool and I've mined on CK solo with it before.
I've tried everything I can think of to move the S9/Braiins+ to zergpool and it always comes up Pool Dead. I think I'm just missing something with the syntax.

It seems like it times out too quickly? Just gives up trying to connect after a couple of seconds.
December 08, 2022, 09:51:53 PM

legendary
October 25, 2022, 03:44:31 PM
That old trick for the fans no longer works, the script was changed, besides it can't prevent fans going 100% after power is cycled anyway. You could just switch to silent fans from the likes of Phantek or Noctua, make sure the S9 is configured for low power limit.

so I am looking to do a s19 pro 110th with this hashboard
https://vmssecuritycloud.com/product/new-authentic-bitmain-oem-s19-pro-s19-t19-control-board/
it does not have bugle bone it is xlynx
so what is my firmware link to run this and load an sd card
I did an 8db sd card with the x17+x19 firmware and it only mentions s17 and will not allow for programing .
so do I load it with the one that say bugle bone.
to be a person that does have some interest in running a lot of s19 pros
it would be easier if the file just read s19pro rathe than seem to be able to do both s17 and s19.
so for now no s19s are using braiins

S19 Pro 110T works perfectly fine.
Why would you care what the file is called? Its the same file for both families, of course it works. Beaglebone is for beaglebone only.

If you plug the C52 or C49 you can even use it from NAND. If you have the others, you must use it from SD. Others meaning: C87, C84, C71, C55 they all work fine from SD only.

I don't like BeagleBones, they work (from SD) but the OS is more crippled, for example autotuning takes longer due to its low spec cpu.

S19 XP will be supported in a future release, it doesn't work yet, and its not a mere control board issue.
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
October 22, 2022, 11:02:55 PM
has anyone tried a c87 in a new s19 xp to get braiins os+ working on it?
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
October 21, 2022, 01:38:07 PM
so I am looking to do a s19 pro 110th with this hashboard

https://vmssecuritycloud.com/product/new-authentic-bitmain-oem-s19-pro-s19-t19-control-board/

it does not have bugle bone it is xlynx

so what is my firmware link to run this and load an sd card

I did an 8db sd card with the x17+x19 firmware and it only mentions s17 and will not allow for programing .

so do I load it with the one that say bugle bone.

to be a person that does have some interest in running a lot of s19 pros

it would be easier if the file just read s19pro rathe than seem to be able to do both s17 and s19.

so for now no s19s are using braiins
Activity: 938
Merit: 642
Magic
October 19, 2022, 10:12:46 AM
Is there a way to stop the fans (Antminer S9) from going to 100% at startup. I use Braiins OS+ and have the noise level very low because I use only 600W. Since I need to restart the miner quite a few times depending on availability of power, this would be very helpful.
Activity: 37
Merit: 5
October 18, 2022, 05:16:59 PM
/etc/init.d/bosminer restart

or with bbb:

/etc/init.d/S99bosminer stop
/etc/init.d/S99bosminer start

great, worked. thank you!

other question, I wanted to change fan speed — from 100% to 50% — while restarting BOSminer with the following command:

Code:
ssh [email protected] "/etc/init.d/bosminer_monitor stop && sed -i 's/fan_set_duty(i, 100)/fan_set_duty(i, 50)/g' /usr/sbin/bosminer_monitor.lua && /etc/init.d/bosminer_monitor start"

but terminal says:

Code:
-ash: /etc/init.d/bosminer_monitor: not found

what am I doing wrong Huh

Bitmain Antminer S9 with Version: 2022-06-20-0-288861e4-22.05-plus
legendary
October 17, 2022, 10:06:21 PM
/etc/init.d/bosminer restart

or with bbb:

/etc/init.d/S99bosminer stop
/etc/init.d/S99bosminer start
Activity: 37
Merit: 5
October 15, 2022, 02:56:14 AM
Hi, what is the command via SSH to 'Restart BOSminer'?
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
October 14, 2022, 05:01:50 AM
Unfortunately no. Bitmain played dirty tricks again.

In regards to the "J" miners, there are two different ones: Old ones, with pic in the hashboard, New ones without it.

You can only recognize he "New" ones when they come from factory with the PSU APW121215 rev D or later. You cannot use older PSU revisions with these "New" miners as it lacks the detailed power control. Old miners should probably work fine with the New PSUs though.

You cannot recognize the "New" hashboards without removing heatsinks, so be very careful with mix matching PSUs. Once Braiins OS supports the New miners, the log will alert if the old rev PSU is connected to new miners.

The APW121417 also uses these pic less hashboards.

I suppose the aftermarket PSUs will all just have to adapt for the "New" miners, but who knows.

Yeah, gone are the days where the PSU only supplies 12V... It changes dynamically within a range. Well the control board itself is still getting 12V (and feeds the fans with that).

Actually Frodocooper complained about these bespoke psu's back in 2018 when the s15's came out.

it is a pain in the butt if you have cheap power and a slightly older psu dies no one sells them and your gear is no longer any good.

I have 0 apw8's spares
I am down to 1 apw9 spare
I have 0  apw12 spares

So keeping older gear working just gets harder.

Just Wondering ...

If I managed to get decent PSU produced, would there be a market for them to cater for the PSU BreakDowns. If anyone is like Me, Discarding the PSU and Replacing with a new one seems to be a far better way of doing things than pulling machines apart, sending a single component, waiting (IF they repair them) and having the machines offline for weeks sometimes (Being in Australia is a Pain in this case) and losing out on Hashing.

If there is a need for it, I would have no issues getting them produced and stocking them for such cases, and for the Communities to at least have an option to go elsewhere (to Us at CWI as an option) to source PSU units at a reasonable Price and actually being stocked with them - as long as demand is not too great of course.

I would be happy to supply a few for testing if that is the case.

Just an idea, and I hope I am not pushing an issue here. I know how We are with our machines and it is usually the PSU not the ASIC that dies WAY before anything else does. We have replaced hundreds of them in the last 12Months, which is why I started sourcing 'decent' ones for our Farms.

As for the OS - where would one go to request features for the FirmWare?

#crysx #cwi
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
October 01, 2022, 07:09:53 PM
So long as it does not die within warranty they don't care.

and besides that, they probably know that most people won't send a whole unit just to get a PSU repair, which is what is happening, many PSUs fail within the warranty timeframe and they don't get any repair tickets for that, because it's almost always cheaper and more reasonable to just buy a spare PSU locally than having to send the miner in for a few weeks/months and still have to pay shipment fees and all, so they know they can easily get away with PSUs that die in no time.

none that are Toyota HyLux reliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk

lol, I can vouch, my grandfather had a 1988 hilux  , it was a tank, when we were young my cousins and I would spend the summer in the farm, he would wake us up at 5-6 am to walk the sheep and we would come back at noon, he would take a nap and we would steal the car keys and drive it (actually abuse it) around the farm, we did some unintentional off-roading with it and we didn't even know how to probably shift the gear, honestly, we were barely tall enough to see what was in front unless it was a large tree Cheesy, my Jeep now can hardly do half of that before needing a major repair.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
October 01, 2022, 05:21:23 PM
It's because they are cheap, they try to reduce the cost at the expense of other things, I think they set a fixed price for the cost and ask their engineers to design something within that price, all these asic miners manufacturers companies do some stupid shit that nothing justifies it except being cheap.

So long as it does not die within warranty they don't care. It's not a lot different then how a lot of things are built today.
Get it to X price and design it to work for Y amount to time with Z reliability. It's not like there is a lot of competition in the space. A few vendors, and although some are better then others there are none that are Toyota HyLux reliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk

-Dave
Pages:
Jump to: