Pages:
Author

Topic: Breaking news: Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU) accepts BITCOIN! - page 10. (Read 63077 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
They're gonna get their teeth kicked in.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2009/06/29/china-cracks-down-on-virtual-currency-for-real/

How are they gonna get rid of those coins they take in without breaking the "You can't buy real things with virtual currency" laws?
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
Why do they have a bitcoin address in the press release?

It is their payment address.

It seems the bitcoin payment is not automated. User have to inform the administrator before they pay and it will be processed manually.

Really?? This seems very half-hearted.

That's reasonable as they are not sure how many users will really pay in bitcoin and that's risky in investing a new payment system. There is no bitpay-equivalent in China. Also, their real intention may just be using this opportunity to advertise their service.

Well, maybe it catches on and they start using bitcoin for other services. Just imagine baidu using bitcoin payments for advertising (like adsense).
Activity: 593
Merit: 505
Wherever I may roam

It seems the bitcoin payment is not automated. User have to inform the administrator before they pay and it will be processed manually.

That's reasonable as they are not sure how many users will really pay in bitcoin and that's risky in investing a new payment system. There is no bitpay-equivalent in China. Also, their real intention may just be using this opportunity to advertise their service.

The good news is that they're going to advertise Bitcoin as well! Anyway very interesting news jl, thanks a ton for sharing!
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068
Sounds like big news to me.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1087

Activity: 444

Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
Oh my god.
legendary
A quick translation:

Baidu Jiasule Accepts Bitcoin Payment

15 October 2013

How could we reflect the characteristics of a trendy IT person and a professional webmaster? The answer of course is to own bitcoin! ! !

Bitcoin as an emerging electronic money has already had a large degree of recognition in the world, deep into the daily life. It can be used to buy a cup of coffee, and also be directly converted into real money. In China, bitcoin is still a "fashionable" thing. Today, I have a good news for everyone: from 14 October 2013 onwards, Baidu Jiasule officially support bitcoin payment. Baidu Jashule users can use bitcoin to pay for any Jiasule services. Baidu Jashule as the innovator of the Internet, has become the first cloud services vendor to support bitcoin, giving us a richer payment methods and experience.

In the future, Baidu Jiasule will continue to make more new attempts to bring you more convenient payment methods!

Baidu Jiasule bitcoin payment address: 1NtbQKVFxAPc8mmBoWwRzhg7o3EMCBsxNg

(if you like this news and my translation, please donate to the address below. Thank you)
Activity: 384
Can anybody translate the press release? Google translate isn't readable.
legendary

Activity: 444
legendary

Wow, that's Alexa #5, so this is the busiest website accepting bitcoin (although this is only one of its many services. Still a good start)
legendary
This is nice but I'll wait for a confirmation.

You may not know Chinese, but I can tell you the link is already the official press release.
legendary
Get ready for launch!

This actually may be related to yesterday's China-led rally. The announcement (published on 15 Oct) mentions that they start accept bitcoin on 14 Oct. There could be insider trading.

Anyway, this is a good news as I think this is the biggest Chinese company accepting bitcoin
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
This is nice but I'll wait for a confirmation.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Get ready for launch!
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
No way  Shocked
legendary
Announcement in Chinese: http://jiasule.baidu.com/news/525cd5aabf9efd699f800e7e/

Baidu Jiasule, a CloudFlare-like anti-DDOS service by Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU), today announce that they accept bitcoin for payment. This is the first service of this kind accepts bitcoin (in the whole world, not just China).

If you don't know what is Baidu: it is the Google of China.
Pages:
Jump to: