Pages:
Author

Topic: Breaking news: Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU) accepts BITCOIN! - page 3. (Read 63077 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Something's not adding up right. I'm witnessing a page view every second.
Welcome to the Reddit effect.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
itkylin.com
good news!
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
good news!!
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Let's be realistic this is probably nothing to do with Baidu management or employees but some techy in a newly acquired subsidiary who convinced the boss to accept Bitcoin for their DDoS protection service.

"Hey Boss, let's make some money... you know, for us. Our wifes and kids. Here's how we do it..."
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Just 1 well known company starts accepting it aaaand  Smiley

Twitter, right after their IPO.
Activity: 642
Merit: 500
Evolution is the only way to survive
 Grin Keep going!
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Just one (a small one) of many services of Baidu trying to accept bitcoin. I don't think that is a big deal at all. I will only be impressed if their advertisement service begins accepting bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Will the Chinese Gov. allow that in the long run?

Who knows.

The Chinese are very upset with the dollar, and would be happy to undermine it. That is evident from even a cursory glance at the news.

Maybe they see Bitcoin as a political opportunity.

It would be a smart political play from their perspective in my opinion as it relies less on the US backed debt-securities and rather on something that they can make into a global trading mechanism
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

Who knows.

The Chinese are very upset with the dollar, and would be happy to undermine it. That is evident from even a cursory glance at the news.

Maybe they see Bitcoin as a political opportunity.
Activity: 632
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
This is good for chinese people! I don't know if its good for their gu\/3mint.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
uhhh

百度加速乐已支持比特币支付,如果您需要使用比特币支付,请联系4000600990

huhhh

Baidu has support for Accelerated Le bitcoin payment, if you need to use Bitcoin payment, please contact 4000600990

http://jiasule.baidu.com/trade/plans/?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

P.S. 笑出声来!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/187263/olympic-nightmare
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
That's good news for the bitcoin community ! Smiley From experience quite a few of friends and even clients started to use / accept bitcoin for their product as we try to take the time to explain about bitcoin when asked about it. There is so much information about it but what we noticed is that sometimes people don't need to know all the technical ins and outs of bitcoin to understand it and use it.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1087
Let's be realistic this is probably nothing to do with Baidu management or employees but some techy in a newly acquired subsidiary who convinced the boss to accept Bitcoin for their DDoS protection service.

It depends on how Baidu works internally and how much freedom is given to subsidiaries. For a big company like Baidu they should have all these rules written.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Interesting how the following chart resembles recent Mt Gox's rate:

Activity: 369

Sounds like a perfect pump and dump too me..  techie from acquired subsidiary buys as much bitcoin as he can afford, and tells his friends and family to do the same.. btcchina exchange rate gets a nice volume/price ramp up.. make the Baidu announcement and watch the price go to the moon and sell..
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
me rikey!
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

I accept there is a realistic probability that this is the case (as I acknowledged).  However, we should know this pretty soon if it is the case because the publicity will force the hand of the mother company to do some research as to its legitimacy.  They could embrace it, just let the experiment run even if it wasn't deliberate or, if China really doesn't want Bitcoin to be more than a minuscule novelty, instruct them to quietly drop it.

Despite my initial skepticism, I agree. This is making headlines and will have the full attention of Baidu leadership. The next week or so will reveal whether this was just the action of an overenthusiastic employee.

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

I accept there is a realistic probability that this is the case (as I acknowledged).  However, we should know this pretty soon if it is the case because the publicity will force the hand of the mother company to do some research as to its legitimacy.  They could embrace it, just let the experiment run even if it wasn't deliberate or, if China really doesn't want Bitcoin to be more than a minuscule novelty, instruct them to quietly drop it.
Pages:
Jump to: