Pages:
Author

Topic: Breaking news: Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU) accepts BITCOIN! - page 5. (Read 63077 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
So, does this mean that all the cloudflare Bitcoin users are likely to switch? Then there are people like Gox that use a similar non-cloudflare service. If it actually does get all of them to switch, that is a non-negligible amount of extra revenue.
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
Wow, this seems like a big news!  Shocked
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
One detail to be noted is that Jiasule used to be an independent company which was acquired by Baidu in Sept 2013. So far it is not clear whether it's the official decision by Baidu's management, or simply a creative move from Jiasule's team, which still enjoys a certain level of independence in terms of business operation.

thanks for that info. but its still great news.

http://jiasule.baidu.com/

damn, i cant speak chinese  Embarrassed
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
One detail to be noted is that Jiasule used to be an independent company which was acquired by Baidu in Sept 2013. So far it is not clear whether it's the official decision by Baidu's management, or simply a creative move from Jiasule's team, which still enjoys a certain level of independence in terms of business operation.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Total bullshit.

Their address: 1NtbQKVFxAPc8mmBoWwRzhg7o3EMCBsxNg

Why not send money to it for no reason - just guess a random amount to send in return for something unclear and unpriced.

OOooh, Can I try that

If you send money to 17RbEbXTtijSdVssMSJeHiLKe2KxE4LYQ3 I'll do some unspecified thing at some unspecified time in the future.
Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
Total bullshit.

Their address: 1NtbQKVFxAPc8mmBoWwRzhg7o3EMCBsxNg

Why not send money to it for no reason - just guess a random amount to send in return for something unclear and unpriced.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
https://blockchain.info/address/1NtbQKVFxAPc8mmBoWwRzhg7o3EMCBsxNg

Just received it's 5th transaction. Fuck the moon! This thing's aimed toward Mars.

This address is worth $32.59, you dope.

Half the transactions are probably from forum goers who are going to confuse the people manually confirming transactions and turn this into a failed experiment.

I do believe that the Chinese attitude toward Bitcoin is quite different than the western attitudes, though. And I think the Chinese entrepreneurs (and government) recognize this is an opportunity to finally be a technological first-mover.

There will probably be big news out of China soon, but this isn't it.

Wow! A 100% increase since the quoted-quoted post. It's so popular, it's turned into a meme for pasting public messages.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100

And please, what on earth is "Baidu Jashule" Is this a google-translate job?

Baidu is the Chinese equivalent to Google
Jashule is one of the branded services they offer.

Oh wow, thank's genius  Roll Eyes

I see you don't understand the standard translation protocol of transliterating proper nouns, rather then translating them. I'm sure the term means something in Chinese, but the correct usage in this case is to transliterate it. It's why bitcoin was created by Satoshi Nakamoto, rather than "Satoshi during this" which is what I get when I run the name through Google Translate.

it is 加速乐 you would just write Baidu Jiasu le , Baidu jiasule
Activity: 854
I would feel bad if I didn't chime in on this thread.  This is so HUGE that it is probably the tipping point.  You will now see other big vendors & websites join the ranks.  No one wants to be left behind on this huge new internet sensation.  And now as more governments mismanage their finances, BItcoin will truly be main stream.  Who will be the next large vendor to endorse BTC?

Oh wow, thank's genius  Roll Eyes

I see you don't understand the standard translation protocol of transliterating proper nouns, rather then translating them. I'm sure the term means something in Chinese, but the correct usage in this case is to transliterate it. It's why bitcoin was created by Satoshi Nakamoto, rather than "Satoshi during this" which is what I get when I run the name through Google Translate.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

Just received it's 5th transaction. Fuck the moon! This thing's aimed toward Mars.

This address is worth $32.59, you dope.

Half the transactions are probably from forum goers who are going to confuse the people manually confirming transactions and turn this into a failed experiment.

I do believe that the Chinese attitude toward Bitcoin is quite different than the western attitudes, though. And I think the Chinese entrepreneurs (and government) recognize this is an opportunity to finally be a technological first-mover.

There will probably be big news out of China soon, but this isn't it.
Activity: 154
Fica Tranquilo
Hopefully good news but lets not get ahead of ourselves, that payment address so far has about $23 in it.

Is not about how many bitcoins they have in that account.
Is about a big company promoting bitcoin to all the world.

+1
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
THIS is HUGE news   Shocked

cant believe it. its the google of asia and they take bitcoin   Shocked  (market cap of $53 billion; NASDAQ-listed company)
even if this is only advertising.

until now its "only" for the "Jiasule service" but the news is hot like hell   Grin

We all know that the "first confirmation" is always the biggest uncertainty in bitcoin transaction. When it enters the blockchain, further confirmations is just a matter of time

Good speech  Wink
Activity: 53
It seems the bitcoin payment is not automated. User have to inform the administrator before they pay and it will be processed manually.

Seems reasonable to me.  Even if it's probably because they don't have a system set up yet for manual payments, there will probably only be a trickle at first and they would be wise to be wary of fraud attempts, so manually processing transactions until they get the hang of it is completely sensible.

BAIDU will use YesBTC.co BTC API for bitcoin ACCEPTED. YesBTC Just like Paypal.

http://YesBTC.co

Source? I don't think Baidu would easily use a third party payment processor unless it's a really big one like Tenpay or Alipay

YesBTC‘s founder is the VP of Tecent  several years ago. Tecent is biggest internet company in China.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1087
THIS is HUGE news   Shocked

cant believe it. its the google of asia and they take bitcoin   Shocked  (market cap of $53 billion; NASDAQ-listed company)

until now its "only" for the "Jiasule service" but the news is hot like hell   Grin

We all know that the "first confirmation" is always the biggest uncertainty in bitcoin transaction. When it enters the blockchain, further confirmations is just a matter of time
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
THIS is HUGE news   Shocked

cant believe it. its the google of asia and they take bitcoin   Shocked  (market cap of $53 billion; NASDAQ-listed company)

until now its "only" for the "Jiasule service" but the news is hot like hell   Grin

Chinese internet giant Baidu starts accepting bitcoin

http://www.coindesk.com/chinese-internet-giant-baidu-starts-accepting-bitcoin/
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1087
Hopefully good news but lets not get ahead of ourselves, that payment address so far has about $23 in it.

Those are only donations. I won't expect the volume would be high in the near future. This is mostly a gesture and PR move.

BTW, thanks for the one who donated 0.01XBT to me
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

Is not about how many bitcoins they have in that account.
Is about a big company promoting bitcoin to all the world.

no question.
Pages:
Jump to: