Pages:
Author

Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED! - page 18. (Read 42360 times)

legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.

Yup - considering that his first example of "extraordinary proof" was to simply copy and paste a signature from Satoshi (which anyone could do as that signature is in the blockchain) and then lie that he created that signature himself using the private key (as well as lying that the hash being signed was that of a Sartre document rather than simply the hash of the tx content of Satoshi's tx).

Ontop of all that, why the hell do we have to sit here for the next several days while they trickle out this "proof"

For some there is no burden of proof high enough, no evidence that cannot be dismissed as fabrication or manipulation. This is the nature of belief and swimming against this current would be futile.

You should be sceptical. You should question. I would.

I will present what I believe to be “extraordinary proof” and ask only that it be independently validated.

if it were extraordinary proof, it wouldn't be in quotes  Cheesy   AND it would be released already!

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
The 'genesis block' can't change hands as you've mentioned, therefore your analogy does not make sense (ergo, wrong). Those coins can not be spent.
The 16 extra BTC there can though? I am sure the transaction wouldn't need to be over that amount.

Yes - the extra funds can be transacted (only the 50 BTC "coinbase" amount is not indexed and so can't be spent).
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
There are no facts I know of why Gavin Andresen's creditability should take any hit so far.

The fact that Gavin has said he believes this guy to be Satoshi when his false signature claim was debunked within hours shows that Gavin has lost all credibility (where is Gavin's response to the debunking?).

Someone who (still?) likes to call himself the Chief Bitcoin Scientist (although he should not be using such a title as he doesn't even have commit access to the repo now) should lose all credibility for simply being so easily fooled.

I'm hoping Gavin wasn't really there because he was out taking in the London scenery while the meeting took place and he was simply using second-hand info garnered from Jon.
legendary
There are no facts I know of why Gavin Andresen's creditability should take any hit so far.

The fact that Gavin has said he believes this guy to be Satoshi when his false signature claim was debunked within hours shows that Gavin has lost all credibility (where is Gavin's response to the debunking?).

Someone who (still?) likes to call himself the Chief Bitcoin Scientist (although he should not be using such a title as he doesn't even have commit access to the repo now) should lose all credibility for simply being so easily fooled.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
All I can say is that it was a poor attempt to convince people...

Seriously who did he think he was fooling?

This guy (Gavin Andresen, Bitcoin Scientist and lead developer)

This guy (Jon Matonis - Bitcoin Foundation founding director)

This guy (Rory Cellan-Jones - Tech correspondent)

and This guy (me)

possibly others.
legendary

Yup - considering that his first example of "extraordinary proof" was to simply copy and paste a signature from Satoshi (which anyone could do as that signature is in the blockchain) and then lie that he created that signature himself using the private key (as well as lying that the hash being signed was that of a Sartre document rather than simply the hash of the tx content of Satoshi's tx).
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
they issue here is: Gavin Andresen's creditability is gone completely forever!

There are no facts I know of why Gavin Andresen's creditability should take any hit so far. He did not even provided all the info why he thinks Crigh Wright might be Satoshi. And without signing genesis block address, nobody can prove it without any doubt anyway - which seems this cause, otherwise Crigh Wright would have no issue convincing everyone and anytime just by signing any new message with this address.
legendary
Goonies never say die.
http://www.drcraigwright.net/extraordinary-claims-require-extraordinary-proof/

This is such BS... they've got more evidence they've been holding onto to try and discredit people but I'm pretty sure your never going to get a signed genesis block.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
they issue here is: Gavin Andresen's creditability is gone completely forever!
That's not the issue, that's the benefit of this. It is time for GA to depart.

But the Genesis block signing would still be key.
I do agree, it is 'almost impossible' to determine who mined the following blocks. It could be anybody.

But I`m afraid that this will affect on people that doesn't know nothing about bitcoin.
It always has an effect on sheep.

I am talking about block 0, the genesis block, last I checked there were 50 coins in it and they went to this address. 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa
The 'genesis block' can't change hands as you've mentioned, therefore your analogy does not make sense (ergo, wrong). Those coins can not be spent.
legendary
Goonies never say die.
There is more coming in this story... I can just feel it!   Shocked

Out of curiosity, does anyone here know the relationship between Satoshi & theymos towards the end of Satoshi's time here?  From what I've seen, it seemed like a good relationship?... I get the feeling Satoshi wasn't happy with Gavin with relation to the government talks but I haven't seen any ill feelings towards theymos.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
For the records, Does it proof that im the inventor of the dollar if i got the first dollar note?
Well if the Dollar was a cryptocurrency where it was very well known that the first dollar made was made by the inventor and hasn't moved hands as seen on a public ledger, then yes. It does.

Cant wallets/keys change hands? I miss a double proof, for example ISP records.

While writing i read laudas comment, interesting too. Pushing post anyways ...

That takes things too far, there would be no way to verify anyone. Essentially I think the owner of the genesis block unless publically stating he has bought the private key should be regarded as satoshi.

This would be the biggest hurdle. But to overcome any residual doubts it would be reasonable to also ask a person who provided a Genesis block signature to provide other information that Satoshi would know. Gavin himself (!!!) gave a good rundown on what would constitute proof in his mind a month or two ago, and it included things like providing details from his private emails to Satoshi in 2009-2011. So it would be reasonable to ask for data like that, to be confirmed by the appropriate people, as supplemental proof. But the Genesis block signing would still be key.

they issue here is: Gavin Andresen's reliability is gone completely forever!
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
For the records, Does it proof that im the inventor of the dollar if i got the first dollar note?
Well if the Dollar was a cryptocurrency where it was very well known that the first dollar made was made by the inventor and hasn't moved hands as seen on a public ledger, then yes. It does.

That takes things too far, there would be no way to verify anyone. Essentially I think the owner of the genesis block unless publically stating he has bought the private key should be regarded as satoshi.

This would be the biggest hurdle. But to overcome any residual doubts it would be reasonable to also ask a person who provided a Genesis block signature to provide other information that Satoshi would know. Gavin himself (!!!) gave a good rundown on what would constitute proof in his mind a month or two ago, and it included things like providing details from his private emails to Satoshi in 2009-2011. So it would be reasonable to ask for data like that, to be confirmed by the appropriate people, as supplemental proof. But the Genesis block signing would still be key.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
They are just making the big news for stupid masses. Smart people will not believe in this things and their reports. But I`m afraid that this will affect on people that doesn't know nothing about bitcoin.

I see one positive thing in all this and its a commercial for btc. Free one. People who wish to inform they will find a way to read smart and truthful things. And that is very important, now people will hear about btc. Like Merlin Monro said: " Its not important what they say, if they spell her name correctly ".
Here we have the same case. Just let them wrote BITCOIN everywhere, on their front pages and news reports. They are doing a favor to us.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Hoax or not, this is definitely attracting everyone's attention. Btw, If any coins get moved, will it really prove that he is satoshi? Which address(es) are known to be his?

Oh.. and where can I nominate my address to be the receiver of the satoshi coins  Cheesy? Or will they again be moved to one of Gavin's address?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Wrong. Any block, after block 0, could have been mined by anyone. We don't know whether Satoshi mined it, Craig mined it, my cat mined it. It is even quite possible that Craig somehow attained access to one of Satoshi's private keys.

Does it proof that im the inventor of the dollar if i got the first dollar note?
It does not.

Moving some bitcoins should proof something , no ?
Not necessarily, but definitely better than what we've had so far.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
For the records, Does it proof that im the inventor of the dollar if i got the first dollar note? I have the first delorian - thus i invented it .
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
More from the BBC  Grin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36193006

Craig Wright's spokesman told the BBC that he would "move a coin from an early block" belonging to the crypto-currency's inventor "in the coming days".  

That guy has a spokesman?! Cheesy
Does he think he is some kind of politician or what?
Man this is too funny!
And why just moving the coins in the coming days? Well I guess the scam isn't waterproof yet, needs some more preparation!! Cheesy
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Moving some bitcoins should proof something , no ?

legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
Oh wow so he is going to really do it now isn't he? But he said that the coins were controlled by a trust and he didn't have the authorization to do it and he didn't want any more public attention so why does Craig still care about what the public thinks about him?
Pages:
Jump to: