Pages:
Author

Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED! - page 36. (Read 42360 times)

Activity: 762
Merit: 500
Damn I`m glad he is not the real Satoshi Cheesy
Why would anyone claim that he is Satoshi?
a real idiot embarrassing himself...
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
Is this really true guys???
The whole story will be release soon. The signatures have already been verified by Gavin and GQ btw.
Why not post from your original account Satoshi? In case you have forgotten the password, you can always contact theymos and provide proofs, I am sure he'll be more than happy to reset the account for you. Cheesy Cheesy

PS, You're as much Satoshi as this guy was Mandarin in Ironman 3, remember..  Grin

He cant, Theymos disabled logins on it after it got hacked years ago.
I am sure for REAL Satoshi, theymos will bring that account back no matter what. Wink

Well he better send Theymos a signed message then Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
The whole story will be release soon. The signatures have already been verified by Gavin and GQ btw.
Why not post from your original account Satoshi? In case you have forgotten the password, you can always contact theymos and provide proofs, I am sure he'll be more than happy to reset the account for you. Cheesy Cheesy

PS, You're as much Satoshi as this guy was Mandarin in Ironman 3, remember..  Grin
https://i.imgur.com/TNOdorM.jpg

I am sure for REAL Satoshi, theymos will bring that account back no matter what. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
Not going to read the whole eight pages that was made only within a few hours - fours hours to be more exact. This thread is becoming a hot thread now.

Anyway, I do hope that BBC or whatever medias will give us a more solid proof that this person is really Satoshi Nakamoto. As far as I can read, I do not see any 'digital signed' message from the first few blocks.

This news is going to pump (or maybe dump) Bitcoin price soon after it spread out into social media platform. Let's just hope that the price will go positive.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Nope, and I don't really care to either. Frankly it's not that critically important to me. While I've met the other core developers, it doesn't matter to me who Satoshi really is. If it's this guy, then fine, if it's another scam- just another day in bitcoin land.
Then please do not make statements that confirm "X is S. Nakamoto", when "X is a fraud". You are not helping by spreading misinformation.

So sensitive? I wasn't aware that my casual comments on a BBC article carried such enormous weight here. Might I interest someone in buying a bridge? Or in this case, 1 million bitcoin? ;-)  

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Given the current time in the United States, when most of the nation is asleep (between ~2am West coast and ~5am East coast), the fact that Gavin's blog has been updated during this time with a very significant blog post which hasn't been shared on his twitter etc, and the suspect and sketchy information on the "cryptographic proof" I personally am highly suspicious this is a hack and part of some ploy to manipulate the price to achieve some other end in the next few hours.

Will be very interesting to see whether certain people in the american bitcoin community will wake up and refute his claims in the next 12 or so hours.  

And the plot thickens, although amusing I think it's unlikely, the guy would be arrested for all these fraud and hacking, but no doubt there's something odd with this all story.
legendary

PS, You're as much Satoshi as this guy was Mandarin in Ironman 3, remember..  Grin

AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key

PS, You're as much Satoshi as this guy was Mandarin in Ironman 3, remember..  Grin

Satoshi's answer: Dude, I'm too old for that shit.
Activity: 672
Merit: 502

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Given the current time in the United States, when most of the nation is asleep (between ~2am West coast and ~5am East coast), the fact that Gavin's blog has been updated during this time with a very significant blog post which hasn't been shared on his twitter etc, and the suspect and sketchy information on the "cryptographic proof" I personally am highly suspicious this is a hack and part of some ploy to manipulate the price to achieve some other end in the next few hours.

Will be very interesting to see whether certain people in the american bitcoin community will wake up and refute his claims in the next 12 or so hours.  
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
Token

Native English speakers don't usually make typos like that. Bye.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
I can understand he could have been able to fool the media outlets, but how was he able to foll Gavin and Jon Matonis?

It is impressive if he really got Gavin to believe this.  Fucking hilarious.  Now they revoked Gavin's commit key for being an idiot.  It doesn't get better than this.
legendary
I've said before that this guy isn't Satoshi and I'll say it again.  No need for all this drama, a simple clue is in the writing...

http://www.drcraigwright.net/social-choice-bitcoin-arrows-theorem/

Is one of his blog posts

I think it would be possible for BitDNS to be a completely separate network and separate block chain, yet share CPU power with Bitcoin.  The only overlap is to make it so miners can search for proof-of-work for both networks simultaneously.

The networks wouldn't need any coordination.  Miners would subscribe to both networks in parallel.  They would scan SHA such that if they get a hit, they potentially solve both at once.  A solution may be for just one of the networks if one network has a lower difficulty.

I think an external miner could call getwork on both programs and combine the work.  Maybe call Bitcoin, get work from it, hand it to BitDNS getwork to combine into a combined work.

Instead of fragmentation, networks share and augment each other's total CPU power.  This would solve the problem that if there are multiple networks, they are a danger to each other if the available CPU power gangs up on one.  Instead, all networks in the world would share combined CPU power, increasing the total strength.  It would make it easier for small networks to get started by tapping into a ready base of miners.

Is one of Satoshi's posts

There is a critical but subtle difference, which tells me that Craig Wright is NOT the Satoshi that posted here.

Crag Wright writes blockchain, Satoshi always wrote block chain, with a space.  Why change the habit of a lifetime?

If you really want to find Satoshi, first whittle it down to everyone that writes block chain with a space.
legendary
The market cares to the tune of $12 (circa $50mn) as of the moment. I am thinking of buying the dip here.

Yeah I thought to sell, but then I declined. It's weird to know who he is, and I'm sure people are a touch nervous about him having 1 million bitcoin, but at the same time- before an unknown person had all those bitcoin. So at least we know who he is. And he has a pretty clear interest in helping bitcoin thrive, so, maybe it's better this way. At least we no longer need to deal with media reports about a "secret unknown hacker". On the other side, it might not be nice to have a public face of bitcoin. That said, other coins like litecoin or etherium do just fine with everyone knowing who started them. Maybe Satoshi can bring some balance to the politics of bitcoin.

Well, it was a nice story to tell people about this decentralized technology founded by an anonymous guy...

Agreed, but looks like we can still keep the story alive:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11609707

I can understand he could have been able to fool the media outlets, but how was he able to fool Gavin and Jon Matonis?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017
Oh no not this again, now his account is hacked because he did not think he might get into troubles with posting these lies, those people are pathetic.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Nope, and I don't really care to either. Frankly it's not that critically important to me. While I've met the other core developers, it doesn't matter to me who Satoshi really is. If it's this guy, then fine, if it's another scam- just another day in bitcoin land.
Then please do not make statements that confirm "X is S. Nakamoto", when "X is a fraud". You are not helping by spreading misinformation.

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/727078284345917441
Gavin's commit access revoked as a temporary measure while the community accesses whether he has been hacked, is untrusted, or incompetent. He is still a repo member but no longer has commit and admin privileges.
He got what he deserved; this is definitely going to be quite intriguing now. I wonder how Gavin is going to get away with this.
legendary
The market cares to the tune of $12 (circa $50mn) as of the moment. I am thinking of buying the dip here.

Yeah I thought to sell, but then I declined. It's weird to know who he is, and I'm sure people are a touch nervous about him having 1 million bitcoin, but at the same time- before an unknown person had all those bitcoin. So at least we know who he is. And he has a pretty clear interest in helping bitcoin thrive, so, maybe it's better this way. At least we no longer need to deal with media reports about a "secret unknown hacker". On the other side, it might not be nice to have a public face of bitcoin. That said, other coins like litecoin or etherium do just fine with everyone knowing who started them. Maybe Satoshi can bring some balance to the politics of bitcoin.

Well, it was a nice story to tell people about this decentralized technology founded by an anonymous guy...

Agreed, but looks like we can still keep the story alive:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11609707
legendary

legendary

Gavin's commit access revoked as a temporary measure while the community accesses whether he has been hacked, is untrusted, or incompetent. He is still a repo member but no longer has commit and admin privileges.

Actually- in reference to my previous comment- this makes me care. Now I'm interested. :-)
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1035

Pages:
Jump to: