Pages:
Author

Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED! - page 32. (Read 42360 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
I find it strange that Craig Wright opted to show his proof to ordinary journalists from the BBC, the Economist and GQ. Maybe he wanted to fool them into believing he is the real deal while giving them fake leads. It would have been better if there was a conference of Bitcoin developers where Craig publicly showed that his claims were real and he could successfully sign a message.
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.

dude they're in french.  Undecided

just skimmed through the thread and couldn't find any proof (or an explanation of what it is.). the article are also lacking citations/sources for the important parts. so, bottom line, the media are just being stupid again, am I right?

Pretty much. Nothing was shown/proved in the BBC article. I'm sure a laymen could easily be fooled but what is more concerning is Gavin Andresen seemingly buying this bullshit. Very alarming.

I have since learnt that Gavin was paid for his participation.  His site did not get hacked - but he received a little something for playing along.  Gavin knows how to check whether a message was properly signed.  He did not get fooled.  He did not get hacked.  He got paid.  

I hope not. after all he did he was still one of the biggest bitcoin contributor and some people still respect him because of that. if what you're saying is true then people will lost all their remaining respect to gavin and will most likely turn on him.
Activity: 601
Merit: 503
Can some1 give me a clear answer: did he sign the blocks with the private key or not?
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
For 10 seconds I thought this was real and that we (us bitcoiners) would be very busy today and the following time... but after just looking a little into this article, I still don’t see the proof?? And isn’t it the second time this man is in the media claiming that he is Satoshi Nakamoto?? Jesus, this man just want to be famous or sell something, how stupid are people and how stupid are journalists??

Same here... when I got the news, I thought: "Uuups, that'll be a busy day." Then I read the name of Craig Wright, and relaxed. Just another bigblocker who gets credibility from his bigblock-friend Gavin.

Activity: 160
Merit: 100
For 10 seconds I thought this was real and that we (us bitcoiners) would be very busy today and the following time... but after just looking a little into this article, I still don’t see the proof?? And isn’t it the second time this man is in the media claiming that he is Satoshi Nakamoto?? Jesus, this man just want to be famous or sell something, how stupid are people and how stupid are journalists??
Activity: 163
And people who are not accustomed to those kind of attacks are now victims and selling their coins..
I thing we must act like community and must punish those who spreading fud (and troling), deliberately with an evil intents .
Activity: 238
Pure speculation, nothing more Roll Eyes
There is no hard evidence that it is satoshi himself. BBC is becoming just as bad as TMZ on their ground breaking news hype machine ala hulk hogan's sex tape to get an ill fated washed has been 100 million more than what he should of Undecided

Proof from a source that all of this is just HYPE:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1457687
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
just skimmed through the thread and couldn't find any proof (or an explanation of what it is.). the article are also lacking citations/sources for the important parts. so, bottom line, the media are just being stupid again, am I right?

Pretty much. Nothing was shown/proved in the BBC article. I'm sure a laymen could easily be fooled but what is more concerning is Gavin Andresen seemingly buying this bullshit. Very alarming.

I have since learnt that Gavin was paid for his participation.  His site did not get hacked - but he received a little something for playing along.  Gavin knows how to check whether a message was properly signed.  He did not get fooled.  He did not get hacked.  He got paid.  

Extraordinary claims and all that...
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
Is it possible Gavin was hacked and the blog post was made by someone else?

https://mobile.twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/727078284345917441
FYI, @gavinandresen's commit access just got removed - Core team members are concerned that he may have been hacked.

Doubt it tho, as it looks like his writing style.

It's possible he was hacked but how long do you think before someone asked Gavin? If it was a hack, the hacker would need to have colluded with Craig thereby incriminating him (Craig) when Gavin is asked "Were you hacked?".

Not exactly a foolproof plan.
Activity: 434
i'm now officially bored by this story.

today's newspaper headline, tomorrow's fish 'n' chip paper. NEXT.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
Just stay cool, this is an attack on bitcoin, i don't know who is behind it but it is obvious lie.
And suddenly we have many newbies here who shiting on bitcoin, over and over again. What we can do with them?

this is all drama.. best advice. use this dramatical and temporal price drop period to grab some coins.. because people wise up and the price rises back up
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

Activity: 163
Just stay cool, this is an attack on bitcoin, i don't know who is behind it but it is obvious lie.
And suddenly we have many newbies here who shiting on bitcoin, over and over again. What we can do with them?
Activity: 593
Merit: 505
Wherever I may roam
Craig: Hi.

Gavin: Who r u?

Craig: I'm Satoshi.

Gavin: Ok, sign this with the privkey to the coinbase in the genesis block: "I, Craig Steven Wright, am Satoshi Nakamoto. 1 May 2016."

Craig: Nah, why don't I fly you to London and I'll show you.

Gavin: Sounds great! I love London!

Craig: lol

Gavin: lol

LOL
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
Is it possible Gavin was hacked and the blog post was made by someone else?

https://mobile.twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/727078284345917441
FYI, @gavinandresen's commit access just got removed - Core team members are concerned that he may have been hacked.

Doubt it tho, as it looks like his writing style.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
i read the article did the reporters get any kind of proof , becuse it seems like its all a hoax like before :S but i guess he showed them some proof.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Satoshi or not.... he seems like a bit of a cunt doesn't he?
I will admit to thinking the same!
Activity: 360
Craig: Hi.

Gavin: Who r u?

Craig: I'm Satoshi.

Gavin: Ok, sign this with the privkey to the coinbase in the genesis block: "I, Craig Steven Wright, am Satoshi Nakamoto. 1 May 2016."

Craig: Nah, why don't I fly you to London and I'll show you.

Gavin: Sounds great! I love London!

Craig: lol

Gavin: lol
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
This is interesting as well:

Gmaxwell R3KT - this criticism below seems reasonable and implies you have no clue how in PGP windows works, how about explaining this?
That document is a thoroughly confused rant written by some fraudster.

What the "paper" is pointing out is that although the hash preference list or "8 2 9 10 11" and the other metadata were not conceived of or implemented until a year after the claimed date (as I pointed out); it was possible, by a long series of complex manual commands to manually override the preferences and punch in whatever ones you wanted, even the 'future' ones.

You may note that it take great care to provide no citation to my actual comments, in fact it quotes me but uses an image for the text-- making it more difficult to even search for it. Allow me:

"The suspect keys claim to be October 2008; the commit was July 2009. So no, not without a time machine. It's possible that the settings could have been locally overridden to coincidentally the same defaults as now." https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3w027x/dr_craig_steven_wright_alleged_satoshi_by_wired/cxsm1yo?context=2

-- so the whole theory that this "paper" writes for pages and pages as if it were some great concealment on my part is a possibility I explicitly pointed out.

The problem with it is that it requires the user to have executed a long series of complex commands to override the preferences and have to have guessed the exact selection and ordering of the preferences that wouldn't be written for a year-- when if they preferred a particular cypher they would more likely have taken the existing "2 8 3" and stuck their choice on the front.  Not only that, but they would have had to have done so on the same day that they created a totally ordinary key and published it, yet this other key-- which looks exactly like one created with post-2009 software and entirely unlike the well known one-- was provided to no one for years, not placed on public key servers and until now and otherwise has no evidence of its prior existence. Come on, give me a break.

It's "possible", a fact a pointed out explicitly back then, but this possibility thoroughly fails Occam's razor-- especially on top of the evidence presented by others: Archive.org showed the subtle "hint dropping" added in blog entries was back-dated, added in 2013, SGI reported that the published letter on their letterhead was fake, the lack of cogent technical commentary from that party, etc.

Bringing it back on topic, I'd say that it's surprising that all these Bitcoin Classic folks believe such tripe, but in the context of all the other incompetent nonsense they believe, it doesn't seem so surprising.

And now:

http://www.economist.com/news/briefings/21698061-craig-steven-wright-claims-be-satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin

In an article in the press kit accompanying the publication of his blog post, he takes aim at Gregory Maxwell, one of the leading bitcoin developers, who first claimed that the cryptographic keys in Mr Wright’s leaked documents were backdated. “Even experts have agendas,” he writes, “and the only means to ensure that trust is valid is to hold experts to a greater level of scrutiny.”

The whole "do this, do that" step-by-step in Wright's blog reminds me of this: https://www.scribd.com/doc/306521425/Appeal-to-Authority-a-Failure-of-Trust

...although they both fail spectacularly in terms of substance. So, with the attack on authority, now these 2 things seem connected, and then you have Gavin on top of it. wtf...
Pages:
Jump to: