Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 43. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
August 14, 2017, 07:25:40 AM
For each currency, a recalculation will be made taking into account the currently available assets. Currently 55% of funds are available, so 55% will remain in currency

i think this means fiat holders get 55% fiat and 45% tokens?

correct me if i am wrong Huh
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
August 14, 2017, 07:20:36 AM
Damn, the user in coins have nearly lost NOTHING. That's fucking nice. But not a word about fiat holders - ok 55% of fiat funds. I guess fiat holders will still get the basket of all different coins, including NVC and all the shitcoins, resulting in another 10% loss.

Yes, really nice. Too bad I was in fiat Smiley. Anyway, I can't really expect to be paid for the BTC pump when I wasn't in btc, so fair enough. So fiat holders will get 55% of fiat value in crapcoins and the rest in tokens. 10% loss is probably an optimistic assumption (altcoin values will probably crash hard when they reopen as everyone will try to swap them for BTC), but still not a major loss of funds.
Activity: 56
August 14, 2017, 07:09:11 AM
Update6! 08/14/2017

We have read feedback about our proposal to exit the situation and we decided to revise this decision in favor of community opinions.

We believe that this way out of the situation is more fair for holders of crypto-currency and fiat funds:

For each currency, a recalculation will be made taking into account the currently available assets. Currently 55% of funds are available, so 55% will remain in currency, and 45% will be converted to a specific currency token.
For tokens of all currencies, free trading on a separate page will be opened. You can trade them at any price, but no more than their face value. We pledge to redeem all the tokens. You can also sell your tokens to other users and get currency, or wait and exchange tokens at face value.

For example, you had 1 BTC. You will receive 0.55 BTC and 0.45 BTCT. 0.55 BTC you can output immediately. The remaining 0.45 BTCT you can either exchange for BTC at the market rate, or wait for their exchange at face value.

P.S. A warning! The cases of posting fake links on allegedly our new domain have become more frequent. All official information about our service is placed only in our twitter and from our official account on the forum.

Sincerely, BTC-e team

Damn, the user in coins have nearly lost NOTHING. That's fucking nice. But not a word about fiat holders - ok 55% of fiat funds. I guess fiat holders will still get the basket of all different coins, including NVC and all the shitcoins, resulting in another 10% loss.

Activity: 14
August 14, 2017, 06:38:09 AM
Update # 6 by BTC-e

Good news .

Update6! 08/14/2017

We have read feedback about our proposal to exit the situation and we decided to revise this decision in favor of community opinions.

We believe that this way out of the situation is more fair for holders of crypto-currency and fiat funds:

For each currency, a recalculation will be made taking into account the currently available assets. Currently 55% of funds are available, so 55% will remain in currency, and 45% will be converted to a specific currency token.
For tokens of all currencies, free trading on a separate page will be opened. You can trade them at any price, but no more than their face value. We pledge to redeem all the tokens. You can also sell your tokens to other users and get currency, or wait and exchange tokens at face value.

For example, you had 1 BTC. You will receive 0.55 BTC and 0.45 BTCT. 0.55 BTC you can output immediately. The remaining 0.45 BTCT you can either exchange for BTC at the market rate, or wait for their exchange at face value.

P.S. A warning! The cases of posting fake links on allegedly our new domain have become more frequent. All official information about our service is placed only in our twitter and from our official account on the forum.

Sincerely, BTC-e team

Activity: 5
August 14, 2017, 06:37:15 AM
$5000 incoming!

Wonder if we get 65% refund now  Cool

That would depend on the number of BTC in wallets in possession of BTC-e and that is for me totally unclear upto now. (and because of that Bitcoin Cash amount also unclear) I made the calculations before in this thread. It doesn't add up. 
August 14, 2017, 05:51:30 AM
$5000 incoming!

Wonder if we get 65% refund now  Cool
Activity: 27
August 14, 2017, 04:56:33 AM
Where can I place bets on Russian big balls delivering?
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
August 14, 2017, 04:00:20 AM
Nothing against the site General it just wasn't serving the purposes I hate it. I did notice that the six months or so that I used that site that they did change their security protocols on and off and if they did change some of the terms and conditions and rules for the drawers on occasion basically as more of a precaution to keep themselves getting hurt.
Activity: 8
August 14, 2017, 12:49:09 AM
BTC 4000 Wow... give them to me!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
August 13, 2017, 11:37:40 PM

No, not BitShares. Bitsquare: https://twitter.com/bitsquare

It's an open-source desktop app that allows you to trade without third party risk. You can't get anywhere near the liquidity and order matching capabilities of centralized exchanges with it, though. I just googled them and they just re-branded to "Bisq" within the last month, apparently.

Sadly nobody is using it.

Perhaps because it does not support Fiat ? Or because people perceives it as not safe

yeah it could only support pegged coins (which expose you to third party risk anyway). and the other thing is, like openbazaar, no one wants to download a desktop client. they'd rather use their browser (which of course requires centralization).

no easy answers here when most of the liquidity prefers to use well-branded, centralized exchanges with thick order books and good trading engines.
Activity: 613
Merit: 305
August 13, 2017, 10:49:14 PM

It's an open-source desktop app that allows you to trade without third party risk. You can't get anywhere near the liquidity and order matching capabilities of centralized exchanges with it, though. I just googled them and they just re-branded to "Bisq" within the last month, apparently.

Perhaps because it does not support Fiat ? Or because people perceives it as not safe
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
August 13, 2017, 09:46:03 PM

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 13, 2017, 06:42:15 PM
I was wondering if there would be a way in future of haveing you funds protected by muti sig such that when you buy sell level is reached, the key then signs on the funds .... I am pretty sure eth does this at the moment.

ahhh decentralized exchanges when?Huh

Well, there is Bitsquare. In time, we will have better ways -- atomic cross-chain swaps and such. But there is no fundamental answer to the problem of hedging bitcoin (or altcoins) against fiat currencies. There's no way to do that without a trusted third party somewhere in the chain. Pegs (like "price floor contracts" which are untenable anyway) require storing funds on exchanges. Tether = Bitfinex. For now, all we want is coin, but there will come another time like 2014 where USD will be king again

Do you refer to BitShares?

They seem to be a single company like that behind Ripple, so I wouldn't trust them much either.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
August 13, 2017, 05:10:08 PM
But why only 55%? Where is the other 45%?
I did nothing wrong with my money. I want it all back.

They are throwing a bone so we shut the fuck up while they get rich.

Who is fucking robbing us? and fucking WHY?

Nobody knows how much was seized by the US government, nor how much BTC-e might be pocketing here. The US government didn't say, and the latter can't be verified.

There also may be money frozen by Mayzus Financial (supposedly voluntarily) that may become unfrozen in the future if it is not sufficiently tied to the exchange. The volatility of bitcoin right now could definitely also affect the payouts customers receive if they come back, because the losses are being socialized.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
August 13, 2017, 04:56:12 PM
With Bitfinex closing doors to US customers, BTC-e does actually have an opportunity to step back in, even with KYC compliance. But it's really going to rub me wrong way if I get back 7 different coins that do not add up to anything near the claimed 55% of my original Bitcoin.

what do you think they mean by KYC? everyone has to send documents? or tiered like kraken or poloniex (example first tier: name, address, email and maybe phone number for limited withdrawals)?

the biggest problem with their proposed distribution is sticking people with novacoin. it's a shitcoin that isn't traded anywhere else, really. no liquidity in that market, nor much for peercoin or namecoin. so people who receive those coins may get really shafted.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
August 13, 2017, 04:53:16 PM
When are they gonna come back online now?

We will exactly know at the end of August. Either they come back online under new flag with 45% btce tokens or they just refund 55% and its over.

Finally the trollbox will be reactivated and world culture and IQ will again raise
Then people can discuss illegal activities again so the FBI can say BTC-e is a den of criminals.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
August 13, 2017, 04:30:08 PM

We will exactly know at the end of August. Either they come back online under new flag with 45% btce tokens or they just refund 55% and its over.

Finally the trollbox will be reactivated and world culture and IQ will again raise
August 13, 2017, 04:25:42 PM

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
August 13, 2017, 04:10:05 PM

You are kidding, right?  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: