Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 9. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
September 14, 2017, 11:10:39 AM
So will the balance be converted tomorrow? I thought the balances would be updated before the 15:th, but I still have my old balance on the site (fiat and coins, nothing is converted to 50% crypto or other coins)

Nothing will be converted to coins after the launch ~ the 15th. They have said this numerous times. If you want the 55% refund converted to BTC, LTC and ETH you must take it now before the new site launches. After that, your balances will remain in the currencies you held when the site went down. And a portion of those currencies (< 45% apparently) will be converted to tokens. They will have fiat services on the new exchanges, so you will get the fiat credited to your account.

Thanks for the explanation! I have no desire to take the 55% deal, but thought that the people that waited for the 15th would get a potion in coins (haven't kept up in the last week or so). Anyway, good to hear.

Also somewhat comforting for me as a fiat holder that the BTC price dropped from 4800 to 3500 in the last day or two Smiley
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
September 14, 2017, 08:30:28 AM
BTC-e commented on Vinnik's charges

September 13, 2017, 17:49

The company BTC-e commented on the allegations made against the detained in Greece by Russian Alexander Vinnik.

"We want to report that on September 6, 2017, we learned from open sources about the officially launched accusations by the US government against our company and Alexander Vinnik. In this regard, the company BTC-e declares that since its inception it has been carrying out its activities within the requirements and norms of the legislation of those countries where it was registered. Citizen Alexander Vinnik is not its creator or owner, "- said in a statement of the company BTC-e, received in RT.

The company noted that from now on BTC-e will take all necessary measures to protect its employees and its business reputation.

On July 25, the Greek police detained a Russian citizen Alexander Vinnik on vacation, at the request of the American authorities. The US authorities brought him official charges, including in the laundering of the digital currency and the creation of a platform for illegal monetary transactions.

Lawyer Timofey Musatov told  RT that the Council of Judges in Thessaloniki would decide on the extradition of Vinnik on September 29.

https://russian.rt.com/world/news/429661-kompaniya-btc-vinnik-obvineniya
Activity: 216
September 14, 2017, 05:40:54 AM
btc-e forever <3
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
September 14, 2017, 05:07:32 AM
So will the balance be converted tomorrow? I thought the balances would be updated before the 15:th, but I still have my old balance on the site (fiat and coins, nothing is converted to 50% crypto or other coins)

Nothing will be converted to coins after the launch ~ the 15th. They have said this numerous times. If you want the 55% refund converted to BTC, LTC and ETH you must take it now before the new site launches. After that, your balances will remain in the currencies you held when the site went down. And a portion of those currencies (< 45% apparently) will be converted to tokens. They will have fiat services on the new exchanges, so you will get the fiat credited to your account.
Activity: 86
September 14, 2017, 05:03:49 AM
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
September 14, 2017, 03:57:44 AM
tomorrow is the day Smiley i am very excited to see btc-e back up again Smiley

cant wait to see the new exchange website. hopefully, everything will go as planned.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 14, 2017, 03:28:14 AM
I don't see the problem if you are a legitimate user and you don't use the exchange to hide money from your goverment.
What is it to some goverment into my moneyz? Huh

Well if you have incomes and properties you have to declare them and pay taxes. You could have an undelcared incomes and hide them in an exchange. Then you can trade and get profits and you must declare it if you don't you could be charged as tax evader so you would like to stay anonimous and do not verify and show your identity to any exchange that claims to be compliance with KYC/AML laws.
Activity: 40
September 13, 2017, 12:18:19 PM
I don't see the problem if you are a legitimate user and you don't use the exchange to hide money from your goverment.
What is it to some goverment into my moneyz? Huh
Activity: 133
September 13, 2017, 12:13:20 PM
so they are not implementing KYC. Lol. long life btce  Kiss

and to the doomsayers, let's just wait a couple more days.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 13, 2017, 09:22:24 AM
The U.S. agents seized funds from btc-e exchange. So if btc-e owners want to challenge the DoJ's decision in court, they need to reveal their identity first. How does that sound to you?
How did the US seize funds without knowing the owners identity? Did they just pick someone's funds at random?

What makes you think that they don't know who the owners are?

Look, you often accuse people that they are talking straight out of their ass, but the same is fully applicable to you. You ask questions which implicitly assume some premises which are not yet known or firmly established themselves. More specifically, you ask a question about how the Feds could seize the funds without knowing who the owners are (absolutely the same pertains to the poster whom you replied to). But you (as well as that poster) can't claim that the Feds don't already know about the owners everything they wanted to know. If they didn't tell us, it doesn't in the least mean that they didn't find out by now
September 13, 2017, 09:04:15 AM

The U.S. agents seized funds from btc-e exchange. So if btc-e owners want to challenge the DoJ's decision in court, they need to reveal their identity first. How does that sound to you?
How did the US seize funds without knowing the owners identity? Did they just pick someone's funds at random?

Probably following the wires. It could happens that they only could find companies behind other companies behind straw man. At least that is what often happens when Spanish justice tries to prosecute politicians and their ilegal business.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 13, 2017, 07:52:45 AM

September 13, 2017, 05:31:28 AM

Where was the legal base when they seized the servers? First the DoJ starts off with some rant about Vinnik and Mt Gox. Mt Gox was not in the US, it was in Japan and Karpeles is not a US citizen he is French.  So they seized the BTC-e servers with a search warrant, most likely they were sniffing for information to actually charge someone with something because they didn't have any. Think about that!

Activity: 76
September 13, 2017, 05:27:23 AM

Where was the legal base when they seized the servers? First the DoJ starts off with some rant about Vinnik and Mt Gox. Mt Gox was not in the US, it was in Japan and Karpeles is not a US citizen he is French.  So they seized the BTC-e servers with a search warrant, most likely they were sniffing for information to actually charge someone with something because they didn't have any. Think about that!

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 12, 2017, 04:17:38 PM
Good that they are repeating the 'higher than 55/45 ratio" for stayers. It also seems that they will have FIAT services as well from day 1. I'm optimistic that when the new exchange goes online and enough trading takes places, fees will make sure the tokens can be redeemed in the future.

Regarding the FBI: They probably won't have a legal base to interfere when they are no longer dealing with US citizens. And even if they do, you can see from the last indictment, that it takes at least 6 months to get the exchange down after the judge has made the call. And before a judge even approves such an indictment, that's probably a big process as well.

Activity: 53
September 12, 2017, 03:12:32 PM
This has now changed, the only reason now to verify is:

Why do I need a verification?
Verification is needed for those users, who need to withdraw or deposit fiat funds through wire transfer, sepa or other payment systems, where identity check is mandatory.

Is verification of btc-e users necessary on a new platform?
Users can conduct the following operations without verification - trading on all pairs, withdrawal and deposit of funds through codes of the new platform (btc-e code analogue) and also deposit and withdrawal of coins.

All trading in USD pairs and holding $ is fine and requires no verification as of latest update.

Ah ok - I didnt see this update.
Activity: 41
September 12, 2017, 02:05:53 PM
This has now changed, the only reason now to verify is:

Why do I need a verification?
Verification is needed for those users, who need to withdraw or deposit fiat funds through wire transfer, sepa or other payment systems, where identity check is mandatory.

Is verification of btc-e users necessary on a new platform?
Users can conduct the following operations without verification - trading on all pairs, withdrawal and deposit of funds through codes of the new platform (btc-e code analogue) and also deposit and withdrawal of coins.

All trading in USD pairs and holding $ is fine and requires no verification as of latest update.
Activity: 53
September 12, 2017, 01:45:54 PM
I put btcs in my acc,i sold some btcs.
So now have some btcs and some fiat.
My account its not verified.
In 15 sept ill have my account ready for trade, so means i can buy btcs with my fiat and withdrawl without verification?
I dont need withdrawl fiat
Or as i have fiat need verification?

Thx

I can't find anything new that contradicts their previous statement that trading will not require verification. It is has been difficult to verify all details, though, since some of the details were only offered in Russian (i.e. before the News and Refund pages were available).

The clincher for me was this:

What is verification needed for?
If you plan to enter and display Fiat, verification is necessary.

Do I need to be verified on a new site in order to withdraw the koin?
No.

Do I need to undergo verification in order to start trading on a new site?
If the balance of the account on the new site is replenished in koin, then no. If in fiat, then yes.
Activity: 107
September 12, 2017, 10:54:49 AM
Good that they are repeating the 'higher than 55/45 ratio" for stayers. It also seems that they will have FIAT services as well from day 1. I'm optimistic that when the new exchange goes online and enough trading takes places, fees will make sure the tokens can be redeemed in the future.

Regarding the FBI: They probably won't have a legal base to interfere when they are no longer dealing with US citizens. And even if they do, you can see from the last indictment, that it takes at least 6 months to get the exchange down after the judge has made the call. And before a judge even approves such an indictment, that's probably a big process as well.

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
September 12, 2017, 08:30:30 AM
What is the chance of survival for new platform before the US DoJ strikes again ?

It depends on various factors, from which the most important is whether or not they manage to successfully distance themselves from their hefty allegations, and if they end up settling the $110M fine. Important difference is that they are looking to do everything according to the rules now, which dramatically decreases the chances of them being forced to shut down again. Another important factor is that they are not offering services to US citizens anymore. I personally will just withdraw my crypto funds when the relaunched platform allows me to do so, where after that I just keep holding my tokens until they reach an appropriate value (i.e a value close to issue price) so I can liquidate them. I am not going to use them again, I'll happily stick to Bitstamp.
Pages:
Jump to: