Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 6. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
September 17, 2017, 05:41:39 PM
Btce answering to "verification" question.

DNS = Donetsk Republic (in the Ukraine)
torus = TOR
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
September 17, 2017, 05:32:44 PM
I think you will find there are more people in the world concerned about the "toxic heritage" of US government departments, like the DoJ and the FBI, with there unsubstantiated smear campaigns which you have obviously fallen for.

I for one don't believe the exaggerated claims of stolen Gox funds and money laundering for a minute. The fact that the DoJ press release started with the words "Russian national" instead of some facts, clearly demonstrated the whole exercise was political, probably arranged by the Democrats or Neocons.

anyone who doesn't believe btc-e wasn't the first port of call for coin thieves and hackers is a certifiable moron. after mixing it was still the most sensible place to go.

which also means that many coins on there are the spoils of crime.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
September 17, 2017, 05:24:06 PM
If you _really_ trust them, you can buy a bunch of BTC on any other site, transfer it to wex and buy tokens for it, effectively doubling your BTC. But it does feel like quite the gamble though.

This is crypto. I'd much rather take a gamble on various altcoins with decent charts and fundamentals, for a shot at a 10x-20x whale trade. Given everything that's happened, half-price doesn't seem like nearly good enough of a deal. Even if you assume that they will remain operational for the foreseeable future, even the site admins themselves (on the forums after the takedown) said that the tokens would likely take 1-2 years to redeem. That's a lifetime in crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
September 17, 2017, 04:51:57 PM
If you don't sell your tokens you will get 100% of their value back (assuming the site doesn't go belly up before then).

So if you're willing to wait, you'll be at 100%.

Only people with small amounts are likely to cash out their tokens at current lower levels. If it's thousands of dollars that you will be gaining by just having patience, you'll see that these people will patiently wait for their time to come. I strongly believe that the token market is heavily being bought up by BTC-E in order to not pay out in full eventually. At some point when they bought up the far majority of all the tokens in existence at far lower levels, they will happily act like they are keeping their word by buying back the remaining tokens. It's a 'game' that you should look through, and not let yourself get distracted from your end goal. The only thing people depend on, as you also pointed out, is that they remain operational.
Activity: 70
September 17, 2017, 04:42:43 PM
I have about 520-530$ before

now i have abotu 300$ and 2xx in usd token

how can i buy btc/eth/ltc by usdtoken
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
September 17, 2017, 10:52:04 AM
I guess I'm glad I rode it out and decided not to take the 45% cut two weeks ago.

I think they did a good job given the circumstances!
Activity: 86
September 17, 2017, 09:56:25 AM
If you _really_ trust them, you can buy a bunch of BTC on any other site, transfer it to wex and buy tokens for it, effectively doubling your BTC. But it does feel like quite the gamble though.
Activity: 86
September 17, 2017, 09:55:05 AM
It's about 83% back, not 55%.

61.79% is in crypto coins. 38.21% is tokens. Tokens are about 0.55 of worth.
So, 0.55 * 38.21% + 61.79% = 82.81% of the funds has returned.

Tokens are sold at 0.55:ish now because people are willing to get 55% of their fund out now instead of waiting and get 100%. If you don't sell your tokens you will get 100% of their value back (assuming the site doesn't go belly up before then).

So if you're willing to wait, you'll be at 100%.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
September 17, 2017, 09:29:20 AM
So why are we only getting 55% of our funds back?

It's about 83% back, not 55%.

61.79% is in crypto coins. 38.21% is tokens. Tokens are about 0.55 of worth.
So, 0.55 * 38.21% + 61.79% = 82.81% of the funds has returned.
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
September 17, 2017, 09:23:28 AM
I noticed BTC Tokens got 5% bump in their worth today. They plan later on to make them 1:1 with BTC? Would that be a good idea to short term invest in them then?
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 17, 2017, 03:53:37 AM
Another scam email (99% sure):

Note, it looks similar to real announcement, but contains some fishy stuff and I closed my account anyway so I don't think I should be getting their messages.

*WEX. Rising*,

9/16/2017 12:41:01 from admin

Dear users!

Team of WEX is glad to welcome you on our new platform!

This is our first official announcement!

We thank all ex-users of BTC-E for their patience at such a difficult moment for
all of you guys. We on our part have spent a lot of efforts and energy to create
a new platform for trade in the shortest time limits. Our platform will operate
according to AML/KYC laws and world legislation in this field. You can find all
the detailed information here https://wex.nz/page/1

*Great News Today!

All users who deposit at least 1 BTC on our platform will get in 5 days , 60% bonus.
Clients who want to apply and invest on WEX, please make a Bitcoin transfer to:

**1QGbpENUv3xJCtiqTcUPM1Vvnwx5FRR6uZ *
[Origial address left intact in case anyone wants to compare, but to reiterate this is a scam]

We will refund your first deposit with dividends withing 5 days at 00:00 Pacific
Time. (For example: investing 3.00 Bitcoins today will return 5.50 Bitcoins
after 2 days at 00:00 Pacific time) The profits are withdrawn immediately and
Blockchain or WEX waives all rights for 1st level investments.

To trace your investment please send an email to [email protected] , And subject to
put your Bitcoin address. The Bitcoin address must be the same as you used to
invest. If you put in the email a Bitcoin address you not used to making
investments, you will only receive an email with your status. If you submit a
correct email with a correct address Bitcoin (the same used to make your
placement), you will receive an email with the total Bitcoin invested and the
date and time of your payment will be made.

Hurry up! This is a Iimited license, unique opportunity. ***

Thank you, that you believed in us. Thank you that you are with us.
With respect, WEX team.

Could you please post the header of this e-mail?

This seems to be an obvious attempt at e-mail spoofing. You can even use certain sites (for example, https://emkei.cz) to send e-mails which look like they have been sent from a certain legit e-mail account (say, [email protected]), but if you look at the source code, you will see that they are actually sent from somewhere else. The page mentioned in the body of this e-mail (https://wex.nz/page/1) is a valid page leading to a user agreement, and it is evidently mentioned to give more credit to this whole attempt
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
September 17, 2017, 02:00:23 AM
is advcash btce? it looks to me like it is a bit weird that wex launched with advcash integration from day 1.
erk
Merit: 500
September 16, 2017, 08:46:39 PM
the toxic heritage is there with every single coin they return to people. they can't avoid it. that's why i find it a little strange they're trying to say they're a brand new operation.

and if they've managed to return all crypto that must mean a lot of that crypto is still tainted by crime.

nothing's changed other than losing the fiat so perhaps there's still a target on them.

I think you will find there are more people in the world concerned about the "toxic heritage" of US government departments, like the DoJ and the FBI, with there unsubstantiated smear campaigns which you have obviously fallen for.

I for one don't believe the exaggerated claims of stolen Gox funds and money laundering for a minute. The fact that the DoJ press release started with the words "Russian national" instead of some facts, clearly demonstrated the whole exercise was political, probably arranged by the Democrats or Neocons.

Merit: 508
September 16, 2017, 07:28:14 PM

We would also like to thank the technical team of btc-e for their professional help of transferring digital profiles and data of users and also want to emphasize that our company did not cooperate with BTC-E Always Efficient LLP in any way and did not receive their funds.

what does this part mean? what's the relationship between btc-e and this always efficient company? the set up seems a little weird to me. i still can't figure out whether they intend to be fully operational as if nothing happened.

It's very clear by now that they intend to operate as if nothing happened. BTC-e was operated by Always Efficient LLP, which is/was registered in and incorporated in England. So WEX is trying to maintain that, somehow, only the customer base was bought by the new exchange, despite holding their payable account obligations (fiat, crypto and now debt tokens from BTC-e). The coins that were used to back current accounts on WEX -- where did they come from, if not BTC-e? Thin air?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 16, 2017, 06:22:21 PM
Another scam email (99% sure):

Note, it looks similar to real announcement, but contains some fishy stuff and I closed my account anyway so I don't think I should be getting their messages.

*WEX. Rising*,

9/16/2017 12:41:01 from admin

Dear users!

Team of WEX is glad to welcome you on our new platform!

This is our first official announcement!

We thank all ex-users of BTC-E for their patience at such a difficult moment for
all of you guys. We on our part have spent a lot of efforts and energy to create
a new platform for trade in the shortest time limits. Our platform will operate
according to AML/KYC laws and world legislation in this field. You can find all
the detailed information here https://wex.nz/page/1

*Great News Today!

All users who deposit at least 1 BTC on our platform will get in 5 days , 60% bonus.
Clients who want to apply and invest on WEX, please make a Bitcoin transfer to:

**1QGbpENUv3xJCtiqTcUPM1Vvnwx5FRR6uZ *
[Origial address left intact in case anyone wants to compare, but to reiterate this is a scam]

We will refund your first deposit with dividends withing 5 days at 00:00 Pacific
Time. (For example: investing 3.00 Bitcoins today will return 5.50 Bitcoins
after 2 days at 00:00 Pacific time) The profits are withdrawn immediately and
Blockchain or WEX waives all rights for 1st level investments.

To trace your investment please send an email to [email protected] , And subject to
put your Bitcoin address. The Bitcoin address must be the same as you used to
invest. If you put in the email a Bitcoin address you not used to making
investments, you will only receive an email with your status. If you submit a
correct email with a correct address Bitcoin (the same used to make your
placement), you will receive an email with the total Bitcoin invested and the
date and time of your payment will be made.

Hurry up! This is a Iimited license, unique opportunity. ***

Thank you, that you believed in us. Thank you that you are with us.
With respect, WEX team.
legendary
September 16, 2017, 04:46:09 PM
One probably could cash out btc-e cash codes on this totally not related new website?
Any proximity to former toxic heritage shall be avoided, or gov will be quick in shutting this down, again. The danger looking rather solid to the naked eye.

the toxic heritage is there with every single coin they return to people. they can't avoid it. that's why i find it a little strange they're trying to say they're a brand new operation.

and if they've managed to return all crypto that must mean a lot of that crypto is still tainted by crime.

nothing's changed other than losing the fiat so perhaps there's still a target on them.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
September 16, 2017, 04:32:53 PM

We would also like to thank the technical team of btc-e for their professional help of transferring digital profiles and data of users and also want to emphasize that our company did not cooperate with BTC-E Always Efficient LLP in any way and did not receive their funds.

what does this part mean? what's the relationship between btc-e and this always efficient company? the set up seems a little weird to me. i still can't figure out whether they intend to be fully operational as if nothing happened.

One probably could cash out btc-e cash codes on this totally not related new website?
Any proximity to former toxic heritage shall be avoided, or gov will be quick in shutting this down, again. The danger looking rather solid to the naked eye.
legendary
September 16, 2017, 03:33:51 PM

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
September 16, 2017, 03:31:06 PM
So when are they starting to cash the tokens out? Just about to buy some BTCET for slightly over half the nominal as some ppl cashed them out for coins right away (and probably still made some profit of the value the coins got while BTC-E was down). So I'm like looking forward to get the 80% margin? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
September 16, 2017, 02:31:03 PM
Where is mayax ?

He's licking his bollox.
Pages:
Jump to: