Pages:
Author

Topic: ★ BTC-RAFFLE.COM ★▐ Provably Fair ▐ Referral System ▐ Player VS Player ▐ - page 7. (Read 4314 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Before you make false accusations please at least understand how our system works.

We take the hashes live from blockchain we time stamp the winning hash meaning there is NO way to use pre-generated hashes.

The first I heard of your site was when you turned up on the pevpot thread making accusations that they were cheating their players.

I checked out your site and found that it isn't provably fair, whereas pevpot *is*. We went over this in detail on the pevpot thread.

I have tried numerous times on that thread to get you to understand the problem, but both you and the "developer" you used fail to grasp the concept.

I can't tell whether you're leaving the site how it is because you're incapable of understanding what's wrong with it or because you like having the option of cheating your players. I guess it doesn't matter which of the two it is - either way it would be a mistake for anyone to trust your site.

Please either fix the site so that it is provably fair OR stop claiming that it is provably fair. Come on, do the right thing here.

You are just straight out lying now, you are claiming we can use pre-generated hashes. This is 100% FALSE

We have tried to explain to you many times how our system works, but it seems like you are incompetent of understanding it.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
Before you make false accusations please at least understand how our system works.

We take the hashes live from blockchain we time stamp the winning hash meaning there is NO way to use pre-generated hashes.

The first I heard of your site was when you turned up on the pevpot thread making accusations that they were cheating their players.

I checked out your site and found that it isn't provably fair, whereas pevpot *is*. We went over this in detail on the pevpot thread.

I have tried numerous times on that thread to get you to understand the problem, but both you and the "developer" you used fail to grasp the concept.

I can't tell whether you're leaving the site how it is because you're incapable of understanding what's wrong with it or because you like having the option of cheating your players. I guess it doesn't matter which of the two it is - either way it would be a mistake for anyone to trust your site.

Please either fix the site so that it is provably fair OR stop claiming that it is provably fair. Come on, do the right thing here.
The previous thread is to be locked, so I hope we can continue the discussion here.

Unfortunately the new system also does not offer provable fairness and potentially allows even players to cheat. This stems from the fact that the game result is generated from the number of satoshis in the pot and the hash of the last received transaction at the end of each round. Transactions can be generated in advance and later broadcast by anyone, which consequently allows the winner to be chosen at least for rounds with few players. A better explanation by another user can be found here:

The problem is that the hash of a bitcoin transaction is entirely predictable. I can pre-generate thousands of them and have them ready for broadcasting. Then I pick a bunch that make my ticket win and broadcast them at just the right time. If I was you, I could then pick one of them and claim that it was "the last bitcoin transaction". In other words your system isn't provably fair at all. It's exploitable by players, and cheatable by yourself.

I also urge you once again to start using SSL. Basic SSL certificates can be purchased for less than $5 per year or can even be obtained for free from Let's Encrypt, albeit with some effort. It is irresponsible to send your players' information in the clear, especially when money is on the line.

That being said, I do think it is laudable that you have recognised the that your previous system was not provably fair and are attempting to make improvements.

Activity: 16
The previous thread is to be locked, so I hope we can continue the discussion here.

Unfortunately the new system also does not offer provable fairness and potentially allows even players to cheat. This stems from the fact that the game result is generated from the number of satoshis in the pot and the hash of the last received transaction at the end of each round. Transactions can be generated in advance and later broadcast by anyone, which consequently allows the winner to be chosen at least for rounds with few players. A better explanation by another user can be found here:

The problem is that the hash of a bitcoin transaction is entirely predictable. I can pre-generate thousands of them and have them ready for broadcasting. Then I pick a bunch that make my ticket win and broadcast them at just the right time. If I was you, I could then pick one of them and claim that it was "the last bitcoin transaction". In other words your system isn't provably fair at all. It's exploitable by players, and cheatable by yourself.

I also urge you once again to start using SSL. Basic SSL certificates can be purchased for less than $5 per year or can even be obtained for free from Let's Encrypt, albeit with some effort. It is irresponsible to send your players' information in the clear, especially when money is on the line.

That being said, I do think it is laudable that you have recognised the that your previous system was not provably fair and are attempting to make improvements.
OK I have tried this site and I must that this is an excellent site I have to say. Simple and neat design gives you a comfortable feeling to play. Players are quite competitive there actually! Deposits are credited after one confirmation and withdrawals are instantly so there is nothing to worry at all Grin I love the concept of this site a lot so I hope that people will promote this as much as they can! BTW, I just won 0.003 BTC from it Grin  It's really easy to win I have to say! If you have a chance, try it and you won't regret.

Regards
zodiac3011

Congrats on your earnings. Hope to see you back soon again.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
OK I have tried this site and I must that this is an excellent site I have to say. Simple and neat design gives you a comfortable feeling to play. Players are quite competitive there actually! Deposits are credited after one confirmation and withdrawals are instantly so there is nothing to worry at all Grin I love the concept of this site a lot so I hope that people will promote this as much as they can! BTW, I just won 0.003 BTC from it Grin  It's really easy to win I have to say! If you have a chance, try it and you won't regret.

Regards
zodiac3011
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
I am so glad that I lead a team to built this site and it is LIVE.  Grin

The team has put some much time and energy for the site. We also have a bounty for those who can help us build a better, more secure site.

The new provably fair is unbeatable fair. And the new referral system can help our members make more btc.
The txid the site is using for provably fair is synced with bitcoin network. You can compare the hashes in real time with blockchain.info. We don't and can't pick any txid.

We will add more features in the near future. If you have good ideas, please let us know. We also have bounty for good ideas too.

Today we would like to announce our new provably fair system, and referral system at http://btc-raffle.com

How it works.

After the second player joins a round, the round starts and the site will start generating lucky numbers by the hash of latest bitcoin transaction and total pot of each round(in satoshi). It is generated for every second. The hashes shown on the page are in realtime with bitcoin network. The final lucky number is the one after 10-second is up. As you can see, the hash of bitcoin transaction is totally unpredictable and the lucky number is generated after each round is finished. No one on the earth can know the lucky number before round ends.

How to verify.

It's pretty straightforward. Use the following script to verify the generated lucky number.

Code:

var crypto = require('crypto');
function LuckyNumberGenerator (transactionhash, totalpot) {

//create HMAC using server seed as key and client seed as message
    var hash = crypto.createHmac('sha512', transactionhash).update(totalpot).digest('hex');

var index = 0;

var lucky = parseInt(hash.substring(index * 5, index * 5 + 5), 16);

//keep grabbing characters from the hash while greater than
    while (lucky >= Math.pow(10, 6)) {
        index++;
        lucky = parseInt(hash.substring(index * 5, index * 5 + 5), 16);

//if we reach the end of the hash, just default to highest number
        if (index * 5 + 5 > 128) {
            lucky =99.99;
            break;
        }
    }

lucky %= Math.pow(10, 4);

return lucky + 1; //lucky number is from 1 to 10000;
}
//example:
                            console.log(LuckyNumberGenerator('1227fe9d6ea50637d42fb169c6b32f4df693098cfda9517e28ed3e31798fd8a8', 880000));

How Our Referral System Works

Once you are logged into the site click your profile button at the top right side of the site. Then click "Referral" On this page you will see your referral link also the stats of your referrals. Each time one of your referrals place a bet on the site you will earn 1% of the total bet. This last for life.
This is a 100% site revenue commission. (Meaning you take 100% of what we make) We make nothing on referrals we give our members 100%.

Provably Fair
Fast Deposits (Only 1 confirm)
Instant Auto Withdraws
New Raffle Every 10 Seconds
Members Live Chat
Admin Private Support Chat
Player VS Player (Not gambling against the house like every other site)

Join our FREE GIVEAWAY @
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/chat-box-giveaway-paid-just-to-talk-1314647

Video Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RTjeQbHtDk&feature=youtu.be

If you have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the site please let us know.

Code:
Change Log

1/4/2016 1.0 Set every raffle from 30 seconds to 10 Seconds

1/5/2016 1.1 Added Client Seed to provably fair system

Pages:
Jump to: