Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC Stolen from Poloniex - page 3. (Read 167416 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
April 26, 2014, 05:47:38 AM
the new mining service paid out today at 8pm uk time...

For 3 shares in MN1 i got paid 0.0032089 BTC
Gonna pop open the bubbly

You sure? Seems high @5.7% return, unless ive misunderstood something.
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
April 25, 2014, 08:24:25 PM
the new mining service paid out today at 8pm uk time...

For 3 shares in MN1 i got paid 0.0032089 BTC
Gonna pop open the bubbly
Activity: 420
April 25, 2014, 09:10:07 AM
All I can say is that Tristan and Angela are some of the most responsive people I've encountered thus far when it comes to exchanges. They keep adding improvements, many of which were suggested by users. Tristan is active a lot in the trollbox, as are some moderators, and they are really responsive there. I've always had any problem solved within a few hours.

Yes, he made a mistake at the beginning. Many people do. As long as he has learned from that mistake, and makes sure security is sorted, I don't mind. Also he has been paying back up till now, but he has low fees, and thus it can take some time before everything is paid back.
legendary
April 25, 2014, 07:13:11 AM
No word from busoni anywhere why only such a litte percentage of the fees is used to pay back the users btc.  Angry

If this is going on it will take the whole rest of this year to pay all users back.
This weeks payback is possibly going to be the biggest, going by this weeks volume. Busoni may also utilize the new mining fund he has listed, to pay back quicker, maybe.
Activity: 434
April 25, 2014, 06:48:30 AM
No word from busoni anywhere why only such a litte percentage of the fees is used to pay back the users btc.  Angry

If this is going on it will take the whole rest of this year to pay all users back.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
April 24, 2014, 07:22:40 PM
I use Poloniex to trade Huntercoin.  They have been good to me thus far and I even donated the bit that they owed me.

I feel safe recommending people to use them to buy Huntercoins.
Activity: 412
April 24, 2014, 05:20:14 PM
i just read this.. intersting... i have just invested in their new cloud mining service.. so lets hope that was a good move
Activity: 350
April 24, 2014, 12:05:45 PM
Poloniex is a direct competitor of mine that is CRUSHING me in volume. Business wise - I should hope they fail so I can capture some of that volume.

That being said - they were the first exchange to have an issue and immediately be not only transparent about it, but also to give the details, helping other exchanges protect themselves. It's something no one's done before, and they gained a ton of respect from me, personally.

I never traded there, I dont know the details of how they are handling the repayment - so I cannot comment on that.

All I know is they showed integrity from the beginning. Its more than most do.

And as a side note - 100% stolen, here's 50% back - that was CoinEx, not Poloniex. Poloniex lost about 12% if I remember correctly. The fact that people still trade at CoinEx blows my mind. The fact that CryptoRush is not only coming back after losing almost everything, hiding it, then lying about hiding it, then 'coming clean' only after they were ratted out, and people still champion them... thats even more mind blowing.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
April 24, 2014, 10:56:10 AM
Is poloniex safe now? Angry
Seems to be fine, and Busoni is continuing to fulfill his repayment plan, that he said he would.

Every day new coins on poloniex and new features.....more than 800+ BTC 24 hour volume, im still waiting for 90% of the btc poloniex owes me.
They should pay back the users first before investing in new markets and features. This starts feeling like scam.

It's a scam. Don't think otherwise.

When someone asks 'Is Poloniex safe now?' and an immediate response back is something about Busoni being truthful, it IMMEDIATELY throws off red flags and sirens to me.

There is a 800+ BTC 24 hour volume ($40,000+/day) - it's really amazing to me how people can trust someone like this. Poloniex should be deemed completely UNSAFE until all the btc is returned. AFTER he keeps his word by returning ALL the btc, only THEN should SOME trust be placed in him. SOME - not all. Until poloniex is safe for at least a year.

The most common scam recently is someone takes 100% of your btc, then claims that they will give you some back slowly. You get some back, then regain confidence, meanwhile, over 50% of your btc have been stolen. And somehow people feel GOOD about 50% being stolen.

If, instead, only 50% was stolen and never given back, people would think it was a scam, but by doing it by stealing 100% then giving back 50%, people have confidence? I love psychology.... it's why this scam works so well.

Activity: 434
April 24, 2014, 08:22:49 AM
Seems to be fine, and Busoni is continuing to fulfill his repayment plan, that he said he would.

Every day new coins on poloniex and new features.....more than 800+ BTC 24 hour volume, im still waiting for 90% of the btc poloniex owes me.
They should pay back the users first before investing in new markets and features. This starts feeling like scam.
legendary
April 23, 2014, 11:34:32 AM
Activity: 840
April 23, 2014, 10:31:56 AM
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
March 27, 2014, 07:53:01 AM
I've sent an amount of execoins to my poloniex address and it took some hours to appear on the balance. The price have fallen down during that period of time. I understand manual withdrawal processing, but deposits? I don t want to store my coins on the exchange account, but what is left?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Cryptocurrencies Exchange
March 25, 2014, 05:48:06 AM
they responsible for safety. On other hand people should try to not keep all they coin on one exchange. Cold wallets are still the best when it comes to safety.
Activity: 107
Merit: 59
FUCK THE CONSPIRACY
March 17, 2014, 04:25:44 PM
I just Donated my remaining dept by using the forgive dept button.

If only the IMF/WorldBank had a Forgive Debt button.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
March 17, 2014, 01:34:21 PM
Im still waiting on a diem deposit I sent over 24hrs ago to show up. Ive sent a pm and opened a ticket on the forum. Im trying to stick with you guys...
Activity: 56
March 16, 2014, 10:26:37 AM
Where are my coins? Yesterday I sent 2 CGA - they do not exist until now!
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
March 16, 2014, 09:01:41 AM
is it like a weekly payout or something? maybe add some new pumping coins to get more volume. Then we get our moneies back Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 100
March 14, 2014, 01:41:48 AM
You are currently owed: 0.11298460 BTC
0.00701824 BTC has been returned.

How do I go about receiving this back? Any exchange that gets stolen from - and charges fees - should be able to easily give back this BTC, right? They have an obvious obligation to, in my opinion, especially since the exchange is quite popular now. But is there some way I can get this back ASAP? (Not to be too pushy.) I personally don't have a plan to forgive the debt. I've read a little of this thread when this first happened + a little more recently, after discovering I was effected by it; so I'm not sure what the current status is. Just chiming in with my thought/ideal on the matter. (Maybe: if the fees are to pay for various costs, then perhaps 'just' temporarily raise the fee, by 0.005% or something? Though I guess that would feel morally crappy for everyone not affected by the theft.)
Activity: 25
March 13, 2014, 11:20:00 PM
I have no problem with how this was handled. I just Donated my remaining dept by using the forgive dept button. Still love the exchange and use it daily.
Pages:
Jump to: