Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] BTC Growth: Capital Growth via Hedge Fund-Style Investing - page 5. (Read 251447 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
do you need a home for the fund, or facilities to trade?
He needs a platform for us, investors, to offer a liquidity for the shares. He is trading at BitFunder already as we know - the fund holds cca 200 BTC in Ukyo.Loan.

I would prefer Havelock. There are lower fees (but also lower liquidity). On the other hand users there have jumped on pretty much any offering (SANDSTORM, CBTC).

Liquidity after the closing of BTCT will surely improve on Havelock & BitFunder.
Activity: 330
Merit: 255
Have you spoken with Havelock?

I'm currently in contact with one exchange operator; although Havelock is on the list of possibilities, it's not first on the list. It has a way to go yet in terms of bulking up its relatively low volume, low liquidity/wide spreads, and the absence of derivatives. However, if any exchanges make a public announcement about plans to support ex-BTC-TC assets, or contact me directly, then I'll be very happy to explore in more detail.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
do you need a home for the fund, or facilities to trade?
He needs a platform for us, investors, to offer a liquidity for the shares. He is trading at BitFunder already as we know - the fund holds cca 200 BTC in Ukyo.Loan.

I would prefer Havelock. There are lower fees (but also lower liquidity). On the other hand users there have jumped on pretty much any offering (SANDSTORM, CBTC).
Activity: 518
if you can't do it without an exchange, you have no place here

Sorry Vexual, but I have no idea what you're talking about (again)...

(You do get that my previous reply was to MPOE-PR and her plug for MPOE, right? You get that I was saying just because MP has an exchange does not mean he has a credible offer to provide a home for a fund of this type?)

I've already indicated that I am not willing to operate a fund of this type via email transfers, friedcat-style. Even if I were willing to do that, my guess is that very very few participants would want to continue with such severely impaired liquidity.

This has nothing to do with "can't do it without an exchange": I simply won't do it without an exchange. That's not negotiable, and if you or anyone else has a problem with that, then this fund very certainly is not for you.

Have you spoken with Havelock?

Sorry Vexual, but I have no idea what you're talking about (again)...

(You do get that my previous reply was to MPOE-PR and her plug for MPOE, right? You get that I was saying just because MP has an exchange does not mean he has a credible offer to provide a home for a fund of this type?)

I've already indicated that I am not willing to operate a fund of this type via email transfers, friedcat-style. Even if I were willing to do that, my guess is that very very few participants would want to continue with such severely impaired liquidity.

This has nothing to do with "can't do it without an exchange": I simply won't do it without an exchange. That's not negotiable, and if you or anyone else has a problem with that, then this fund very certainly is not for you.

ADDITION: For the benefit of Vexual, who edited the original post to add "dont most of your investees come to you directly anyway?": no, of course not. The fund is and always has been exchange traded. (Maybe you are confusing it with a prospective private equity fund, which is a different beast altogether.)
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
dont most of your investees come to you directly anyway?
Participants should be asbolutely clear about this: depending on the underlying reasons for the closure of BTC-TC, it is entirely possible that no other exchange will be able to take over BTC-TC assets; nobody yet knows the answer to this question. If no other exchange offers a credible plan, it is not possible to continue with the fund anyway.

Your ignorant approach to the matter is pretty much the reason you find yourself in this sad situation.

Pretending like "there are no solutions" because you don't actually have what it takes to use the solutions is a very flimsy excuse for your own inability.

Merely having an exchange is quite a few light years away from actually offering a credible plan forward.

This is not the time or place to debate or advertise your own exchange, but if MP has plans for a land-grab in this space -- say, by introducing significant improvements in functionality and value proposition to coincide with the sudden availability of a large number of issuers currently evaluating the merits of potential new homes, then I'm all ears. PM me, and I'd be very happy to hear what he's offering.
thy
Activity: 685
Doesn't MPEX still require a $4000 fee to start trading?
Last time i saw something about it they had raised the cost for new traders to be allowed to trade on there exchange from 20 btc to 30 btc and that was after btc started to rise they changed the fee, around half a year ago if i remember correctly, i doubt they have had a single trader sign up for that kind of silly deal as the signup was free for the traders on there exchange way back....
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Participants should be asbolutely clear about this: depending on the underlying reasons for the closure of BTC-TC, it is entirely possible that no other exchange will be able to take over BTC-TC assets; nobody yet knows the answer to this question. If no other exchange offers a credible plan, it is not possible to continue with the fund anyway.

Your ignorant approach to the matter is pretty much the reason you find yourself in this sad situation.

Pretending like "there are no solutions" because you don't actually have what it takes to use the solutions is a very flimsy excuse for your own inability.

Is... is this an advertisement?

"Use my product, or you are incompetent!"

That's pretty much MPex's marketing strategy, along with thinly veiled insults.

Thinly? Veiled?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Doesn't MPEX still require a $4000 fee to start trading?
Activity: 728

That's pretty much MPex's marketing strategy, along with thinly veiled insults.
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

You’re truly one to talk about lack of ability.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522

Activity: 656
BTW are you actively trading right now? Because it seems like there is a lot of chances to make some profits.
thy
Activity: 685
"Move the entire fund management infrastructure to another exchange" Is definately the best option for the investors i think.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Greg,

You have both my respect and my endorsement for the way you have handled the BTCT shutdown. These events are precisely why I never chose to attempt to start my own fund, but your navigation of what could easily have been a complete disaster demonstrates the burgeoning potential for a responsible actor to diversify risk in the Bitcoin ecosystem.

Best wishes for future success.

Vycid
Yeah, basically this.  I don't understand how you are able to deal with the constant stream of BS, but you have done so masterfully thus far.  It's situations like this that make me that much more confident in leaving my investments in your hands.
You have both my respect and my endorsement for the way you have handled the BTCT shutdown. These events are precisely why I never chose to attempt to start my own fund, but your navigation of what could easily have been a complete disaster demonstrates the burgeoning potential for a responsible actor to diversify risk in the Bitcoin ecosystem.

Many thanks for your kind words and encouragement, Vycid -- I appreciate it.
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
Greg,

Vycid
Activity: 656
We're all grown-ups here

Well this is a first false statement you have ever wrote here Smiley (you probably dont follow actm or labcoin thread)
Pages:
Jump to: