Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 68. (Read 316457 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 262
Thanks for the input. Double counting could indeed distort the picture and it's obvious when it comes to funds, but it's a bit tricky overall, because even some stocks hold shares sometimes. I remember BASIC holding AM for example. It's probably even worse when it comes to multiple trading plattforms and passthroughs. Another factor are commpany hold shares which are not intended for public trading. Not sure if they should be counted and if not, how to fetch all those data without manual input.

My overall goals:

1. Quantify the amount of money going in and out of the share markets.
2. Follow the flow of money within a market.

My assumption: a sell of one asset leads to a buy of another asset.

Wild example: people are dumping AM, BM and COG to buy ActM shares.
You may also want to take a look at other exchanges to get a greater picture of the market. I'm quite certain there are traders moving cash from one exchange to another after a sell to catch a lower price or buy a stock that's only available on one exchange.

But I guess in that case the discussion should move into its own thread.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
I like the idea of a share index, to give a general feel of the BTC-markets. For your current setup, I would reevaluate the inclusion and/or weight of TAT.ASICMINER, since it is not excluded that that security isn't partially backed by ASICMINER-PT shares, which would cause them to be double-counted.

In general, I would like an index where ASICMINER has less effect on the index, but since this would not be an accurate representation of reality, I don't know if it's a good idea to tamper with the weight-function.

Funds and bonds I would not include. Funds are often baskets of other shares (mixed with some currency), which would cause more double-weighing. Bonds should not fluctuate in price and always trade close to their face value, so they don't serve a purpose in an index. There are the "mining bonds" (that aren't bonds) that are basically inverted difficulty futures and the price of them doesn't necessarily reflect the performance of the market.

Thanks for the input. Double counting could indeed distort the picture and it's obvious when it comes to funds, but it's a bit tricky overall, because even some stocks hold shares sometimes. I remember BASIC holding AM for example. It's probably even worse when it comes to multiple trading plattforms and passthroughs. Another factor are commpany hold shares which are not intended for public trading. Not sure if they should be counted and if not, how to fetch all those data without manual input.

My overall goals:

1. Quantify the amount of money going in and out of the share markets.
2. Follow the flow of money within a market.

My assumption: a sell of one asset leads to a buy of another asset.

Wild example: people are dumping AM, BM and COG to buy ActM shares.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Did anyone kept track of historical market capitalization of all shares on btct.co or the number of outstanding shares?

I was thinking about creating the "BTC-TC Share Index" to get an overview how the overall Bitcoin share market performes. Maybe that's not the best approach (suggestions very welcome!), but I thought about something like this:

The above is not complete and I think bonds and funds should be included, too.

I like the idea of a share index, to give a general feel of the BTC-markets. For your current setup, I would reevaluate the inclusion and/or weight of TAT.ASICMINER, since it is not excluded that that security isn't partially backed by ASICMINER-PT shares, which would cause them to be double-counted.

In general, I would like an index where ASICMINER has less effect on the index, but since this would not be an accurate representation of reality, I don't know if it's a good idea to tamper with the weight-function.

Funds and bonds I would not include. Funds are often baskets of other shares (mixed with some currency), which would cause more double-weighing. Bonds should not fluctuate in price and always trade close to their face value, so they don't serve a purpose in an index. There are the "mining bonds" (that aren't bonds) that are basically inverted difficulty futures and the price of them doesn't necessarily reflect the performance of the market.

TAT.ASICMINER is currently totally backed by direct shares, not PT shares. We have backed this way in the past, but no longer need to do so.
Activity: 728
Did anyone kept track of historical market capitalization of all shares on btct.co or the number of outstanding shares?

I was thinking about creating the "BTC-TC Share Index" to get an overview how the overall Bitcoin share market performes. Maybe that's not the best approach (suggestions very welcome!), but I thought about something like this:

Activity: 630
Bitgoblin

This would be great!
Pity I'm not sure how could I help you, but encouraging you is better than nothing at all, I guess?
legendary
Merit: 1026

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Hey guys. Just wondering is there anyway I could download a Trading history CSV for any stock? That would be really helpful for trading analysis. Thank you!

https://btct.co/api/tradeHistory/DMS.PURCHASE?range=all

Replace DMS.PURCHASE with the stock you're interested in. It's a JSON rather than a CSV, but conversion should be easy.

This is unbelievablely fantastic! Thank you dude!
Hey guys. Just wondering is there anyway I could download a Trading history CSV for any stock? That would be really helpful for trading analysis. Thank you!

https://btct.co/api/tradeHistory/DMS.PURCHASE?range=all

Replace DMS.PURCHASE with the stock you're interested in. It's a JSON rather than a CSV, but conversion should be easy.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
legendary
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Just FYI burnside, I've gotten the Excessive Wait message several times today as well.

I can't wait to retire bitcoind as the account balance db... even simple move commands are taking quite a while now.  I've put in several hours on it this evening, but I think we're still probably 3-7 days away from being able to flip the switch.

Cheers.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Just FYI burnside, I've gotten the Excessive Wait message several times today as well.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Hmm got this Excessive wait trying to get lock on ACTIVEMINING.   

Edited: Seems to be working now must have put in to high a quantity
Second Edit: Seems to work at times and at times I get the message will leave it as a note for you
legendary
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
The listing of usernames from sender/receiver for transfered shares in API responses was already requested, but an addition or replacement for this came into my mind: maybe it could be helpful to generate unique ids for internal transfers which are shown to those who sent and received shares? I.e. "Your transfer id is #342342. 100 AM-PT shares were sent to burnside". With unique identifiers each transfer would be (obviously) very easy to identify. Wink

The CSV output of trade history now has the username of the transfer when doing internal transfers.

I can't do unique id's easily because of how the db works unfortunately.  It'd show you one id and the other person a different id so it'd be pointless when trying to compare id's between sender and receiver.

Cheers.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I enabled 2 factor authorization using Google Auth, however my daily withdrawal limit has not doubled.

Currently, I only used Auth for login, as I think using it for transactions would be too much of a hassle. Do I need to enable Auth for transactions in order to get 2x withdrawals?

EDIT: Enabled 2fa for transactions, problem fixed.
Activity: 644
Inspired
Transfer tool.
The "transfer to" field, is this the login account name of the person I am sending to?

Yes.

Thank you!

Worked perfectly. 
Now, shares are being calculated in the value tab.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Transfer tool.
The "transfer to" field, is this the login account name of the person I am sending to?

Yes.
Activity: 644
Inspired
Transfer tool.
is there a way to login as 'read only'?

i want to stay logged in to view how everything is going, but not have the ability to trade or withdraw.

You could enable 2FA on trades (and put away the smartphone with GAuth or the YubiKey if needed).

so ive enabled 2FA like a good little boy should. is there any sensitive information being exposed by staying logged in like this?

With 2FA enabled, anything that would otherwise require your PIN, such as trades, transfers, setting-changes, etc... now requires a 2FA code. While logged in, browsing to different parts of the site is not restricted, so someone with access to your computer can still see everything, just not make changes.

additionally, there was a setting for allowing your profile to be publicly visible. any idea what that is?
If you enable it (Account -> Settings), there'll be a link on your account information page to your portfolio, that you can share with others. The URL does not contain your username or any other obvious connection to you. The purpose of this feature is (IMO) primarily for people operating investment funds to demonstrate and prove which assets they hold. This feature is disabled by default and for most people that's just fine.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250

i want to stay logged in to view how everything is going, but not have the ability to trade or withdraw.

You could enable 2FA on trades (and put away the smartphone with GAuth or the YubiKey if needed).

so ive enabled 2FA like a good little boy should. is there any sensitive information being exposed by staying logged in like this?

additionally, there was a setting for allowing your profile to be publicly visible. any idea what that is?

Pages:
Jump to: