Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 67. (Read 316457 times)

Activity: 245
Merit: 124
For some reason, I can access the home page and my account, but I cannot access my wallet page.

I just deposited 12BTC too   Sad 782e5a896d85ac957adec6a2c79a5c15c6337a91010700988374eb685aa4562a

Am I the only one? https://i.imgur.com/jOMpBtD.png
Activity: 493
Merit: 262
So if I want to buy some Labcoin IPO, do I simply have to wait patiently for it to hit the exchange and then buy?  The chatter I've read seems to indicate that people already have their buy orders in, and that the IPO is sold out.  Is that correct?
You can see at the outstanding count that no shares have been issued so far.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
So if I want to buy some Labcoin IPO, do I simply have to wait patiently for it to hit the exchange and then buy?  The chatter I've read seems to indicate that people already have their buy orders in, and that the IPO is sold out.  Is that correct?

There are bids placed for 11914650 shares representing a total of 11941.299581 BTC atm. Since Labcoin said they were going to raise 7000? BTC this would more than fill their IPO requirements.
Activity: 304
Merit: 102
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Something like a dutch auction option for IPOs would be useful I think. It would help mitigate some of the confusion surrounding over-subscribed IPOs for both issuers and novice investors.

Without such an option I tend to think that actually running your own dutch auction on the forums and pushing the shares out for the IPO on BTCT makes more sense than attempting to run the IPO through the open subscriptions on the market - but as an LTCGlobal shareholder I'd prefer if the transaction fees from the IPO were captured by the market.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
Hey Burnside,  I would like to suggest a standardized IPO share release process.  Some sort of announcement process where the issuer and/or yourself post specific date/time information, and maybe even a countdown clock announcing new IPOs.
I am making this suggestion because I am watching and waiting for the Labcoin release and would find this sort of standardized process helpful.

I'd say it's up to the issuer how they handle things and if they fuck up, it's their responsibility.

But I'm not sure, if this option is implemented and if it's not, this is a feature request: issuers should have to option to stop all trading activities. This could be default enabled for new assets.
Well, I didn't know exactly how to suggest something like this.  I just tried to word it politely.  I'm not a techy, maybe a countdown clock would draw too much traffic to the site and cause delays or the whole site to just go offline?
I would just appreciate, like many others, to have more info.  

But do issuers have the option of a nice big countdown clock?.... I guess they have that option here on the forum.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Hey Burnside,  I would like to suggest a standardized IPO share release process.  Some sort of announcement process where the issuer and/or yourself post specific date/time information, and maybe even a countdown clock announcing new IPOs.
I am making this suggestion because I am watching and waiting for the Labcoin release and would find this sort of standardized process helpful.

I'd say it's up to the issuer how they handle things and if they fuck up, it's their responsibility.

But I'm not sure, if this option is implemented and if it's not, this is a feature request: issuers should have to option to stop all trading activities. This could be default enabled for new assets.

Issuers already have the option to halt trading (and clear the orderbook) I believe.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Hey Burnside,  I would like to suggest a standardized IPO share release process.  Some sort of announcement process where the issuer and/or yourself post specific date/time information, and maybe even a countdown clock announcing new IPOs.

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

Congrats on the great site, and keep it up.
Peace
legendary
Merit: 1026
The last patch of btct.co lead to a downtime of several hours, if I recall correctly.

burnside: I suggest you announce the trading engine change prior starting the update, if it could have the same impact. Smiley
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
Can someone please point me to the directions on how to transfer direct share in and out of BTC-TC?
It's up to the individual security, read its details.
Activity: 420

Currency exchange rate notations use the forward slash counter-intuitively. For example, the exchange rate for the Euro in U.S. Dollars is noted as "EUR/USD", which many would reasonably read to mean "Euros per Dollar". In practice, it is exactly the opposite: It means U.S. Dollars per Euro. In currency exchange notation, the currency preceding the slash is the Base currency and is always the number "1". The currency after the slash is the "counter-currency" or the "quoted currency". So "EUR/USD" means that One Euro equals "x" number of U.S. Dollars.

lol, ok, I stand corrected!  except for the part about btct displaying that way for a while, which is def true
donator
Activity: 294
Can someone please point me to the directions on how to transfer direct share in and out of BTC-TC?
Activity: 574
Stop me if you've been over this..

Logged in today and noticed for the first time the LTC/BTC ratio in the header read 35.08771929. That meant either I had missed a historical event in the popularity of LTC, or you're showing the inverse of what seems to be the traditional way to read the ratio, "1 LTC = x BTC."

That header has displayed that way quite a while.  It's just the difference between LTC/BTC or BTC/LTC, the "traditional way," for example, on BTC-E's LTC/BTC chart, is just plain wrong, it should say BTC/LTC, not LTC/BTC.

BTCTCO is BTC denominated, so it shows the # of LTC you can buy for one BTC.  On a LTC denominated site, it would display the # of BTC you could buy for 1 LTC.

The price of LTC/BTC should be interpreted as "how many litecoins per one bitcoin?" ~34
The price of BTC/LTC should be interpreted as "how many bitcoins per one litecoin?" ~.029

Currency exchange rate notations use the forward slash counter-intuitively. For example, the exchange rate for the Euro in U.S. Dollars is noted as "EUR/USD", which many would reasonably read to mean "Euros per Dollar". In practice, it is exactly the opposite: It means U.S. Dollars per Euro. In currency exchange notation, the currency preceding the slash is the Base currency and is always the number "1". The currency after the slash is the "counter-currency" or the "quoted currency". So "EUR/USD" means that One Euro equals "x" number of U.S. Dollars.

Logged in today and noticed for the first time the LTC/BTC ratio in the header read 35.08771929. That meant either I had missed a historical event in the popularity of LTC, or you're showing the inverse of what seems to be the traditional way to read the ratio, "1 LTC = x BTC."

That header has displayed that way quite a while.  It's just the difference between LTC/BTC or BTC/LTC, the "traditional way," for example, on BTC-E's LTC/BTC chart, is just plain wrong, it should say BTC/LTC, not LTC/BTC.

BTCTCO is BTC denominated, so it shows the # of LTC you can buy for one BTC.  On a LTC denominated site, it would display the # of BTC you could buy for 1 LTC.

The price of LTC/BTC should be interpreted as "how many litecoins per one bitcoin?" ~34
The price of BTC/LTC should be interpreted as "how many bitcoins per one litecoin?" ~.029

Activity: 220
Merit: 100
Getting too old for all this.

Hey Burnside, I have a very minor feature request-

I'd love to be able to turn off the email notification for order cancels only, but don't see that option in the settings.  (I assume it's part of trade notifications).  I like getting email notifications on my trades, because I leave orders up when I'm away from the computer, and its nice to get an email when some stock is crashing or bubbling so I can place more trades, but the cancels aren't useful to me at all, and I get so many!

Obviously not a super important or high priority request
legendary
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
why do I get "Excessive wait trying to get lock on *********." every time I try to place an ask order?

thanks

edit: now it works fine again Smiley

Lots of orders all at once.  We're working on speeding up the trade engine.

Cheers.
Activity: 275
why do I get "Excessive wait trying to get lock on *********." every time I try to place an ask order?

thanks

edit: now it works fine again Smiley
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtcOUI2xx89EdFY3LWVSOUx4d3dzbjlYQXNVcU1QUkE&usp=sharing
For fun.

An early stab at a BTCT index with automatically updating values. I'm currently putting together a proprietary system that does something a bit more like what's been imagined in the past few posts - although it's meant more as a true index, so I'm not just using the market-float but am instead using the full float for shares issued - which is what you should actually be using to target implied market capitalization of the companies... when you see a mcap using true issuance and not just local float you get a better sense of what the price on the market is actually meant to indicate.

If I look at BTCT's MCap listing, I see that ASICMINER has a market cap by local float of a bit over 100k BTC. If I think to myself from there: "geez, I think ASICMINER is worth more than THAT" I'd be technically correct, but an idiot (or at least an under-informed investor) - as the real market capitalization implied by the trading price that gets you 100k BTC on BTCT yields a true MCap of 1.6Million BTC.

This isn't a funds-flow sheet as some have been discussing - it just does an overall MCAP using local BTCT prices. I'll probably add the MPEX PTs when I'm bored at work tomorrow.

I've been tracking the flow of direct shares for a few months (it was very interesting to watch the shares move from BF to BTCT). The ASICMINER arbitrage between BF, Direct, and BTCT is also something interesting which you can catch on occasion if you're paying attention to the number of shares on each market.

This is also stocks only, although I do think there's value to some of the funds - just not in comparison directly with the stocks (they need their own index, is all).

I follow BTC-Trading on LTCGlobal - the BTCT fund presents an interesting question and uncertain value proposition (which is why I didn't include it, as I'm not sure if it should be considered in the same boat as ASICMINER-PT or not). I'm not, for example, sure that JohnGalt is doing much value-add beyond the BTC/LTC Currency exchange (no offense) - or it may just be that nobody has really taken him up on the offer to transfer shares and so his value-add is there - just unrealized.

For fun I tossed-in a weight distribution - which is basically how many shares of each listed company you'd need to have a portfolio with a marketcap-weighted distribution of shares (and at least one share, although for fun I used at least "1.61803398" shares). This is not meant to be amazeballs or anything, I use something similar for private investment tracking.

-------------

For unified markets I pull directly from APIs instead of just scraping the web output. Anything much more than this would be too competitively useful to share anyway - unless you're coinflow.co or another market data business.
Pages:
Jump to: