Pages:
Author

Topic: BTCMiner - Open Source Bitcoin Miner for ZTEX FPGA Boards, 215 MH/s on LX150 - page 4. (Read 161510 times)

aTg
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
As soon getwork stop working on all pools, BTCMiner become obsolete. The problem is that the stratum proxy has some problems do occasionally lose the connection to the pool so we will be forced to use CGMiner or BFGMiner if BTCMiner not is updated with statum.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
Edited code lines, now You can see, that i`m using sudo.

Problem solved.
I was trying to use 121126, but downloaded 121116 insted of 121126. silly.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
i remember something like the "sudo ...." in front of the actual command to be the solution tothis issue!
Activity: 274
need help.
my BTCMiner stoped working.
After a fatal crush (log filled up USB-flash drive - sda1) it was a little hard to run anything.
but now i`m getting this
Code:
ummas@ummas-fpga:~$ sudo java -cp ZtexBTCMiner-121126.jar BTCMiner -host http://192.168.1.68:8332 -u XXXX.ztex -p XXXXXX10 -m c
[sudo] password for ummas:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: BTCMiner
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: BTCMiner
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
Could not find the main class: BTCMiner. Program will exit.
ummas@ummas-fpga:~$

I have downloaded .jar once aggain - no go:/
I have installed java aggain - no go. sticked with that code.
this is java version
Code:
java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.3) (6b24-1.11.3-1ubuntu0.11.04.1)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode, sharing)

any advice ?
It was working perfectly for last 8 months.

I`m forced to use cgminer, witch i dont like to use with ztex.
aTg
legendary
Activity: 1358
In the coming days getwork will not work in all pools, you can use the proxy stratum and in fact is what we are using but in these circumstances will not be implemented stratum in btcminer?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Remember its a linux machine, no script processor Wink

If you use the RPI exclusively for the ZTEX boards: create cronjob that runs a shutdown -r every 3 or 6 hours.
If also other tasks are running then create cronjob which applies a kill -9 on the BTCMiner task and restart it.

Of course you can use the same RPI to run a stratum-proxy, configure it for your favourite pools and point the BTCMiner to localhost instead of the pools ip(s).

Rpi is not handling Ztex miners very well.
I tried but the pi failed (one or multiple units) after some random time.
Has something to do with the integrated USB....

legendary
Activity: 1036
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Are you planning to implement Stratum?
And also version for ARM architecture, like Raspberry Pi?
donator
Activity: 367
ZTEX FPGA Boards
Yeah, word! Would be great if ztex and grobi42 could continue their great work with btcminer!  Grin

Without stratum I have between 1-2% rejected shares.  Sad

Rejected shares are mostly duplicate shares. If pool server responds to slow BTCMiner re-submits shares. Usually a few stales occur too because by default (if submitold flag is not set) BTCMiner always submits shares which are already found.

BTCMiner will be updated from time to time as long the software is used.  (ATM I'm engaged with new SDK implementations. Next BTCMiner release will not appear before February.)
Activity: 522
Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!
Yeah, word! Would be great if ztex and grobi42 could continue their great work with btcminer!  Grin

Without stratum I have between 1-2% rejected shares.  Sad

Activity: 489
Immersionist
I absolutely agree that the backup pool handling is less than optimal.
legendary
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Hello there,
I am very happy Ztex customer and BTCMiner user. But there are some problems which makes me worried.

Sometimes FPGA boards are really slowing down when main mining pool is unavailable. BTCMiner tries to reconnect thousands of times to main pool and some of boards are idling. Backup pool reporting 30% of hashing power. I could not determine is it a problem with backup pool or BTCMiner trying to reach main pool and wasting time.
Just look at this log:
Code:
2012-12-18T20:54:34: Warning: Connection refused: disabling long polling fo 60s
2012-12-18T20:54:34: 001-0: ztex_ufm1_15y1-04A3918D14-2: Error: Connection refused: Disabling URL http://localhost:4990 for 60s
2012-12-18T20:54:34: 001-0: ztex_ufm1_15y1-04A3465EA1-1: Error: Connection refused: Disabling URL http://localhost:4990 for 60s
2012-12-18T20:54:36: 001-0: ztex_ufm1_15y1-04A3463804-2: Error: Connection refused: Disabling URL http://localhost:4990 for 60s
(...)
every single chip on 1.15y board is reporting that, spamming logfile.
And then again, every minute:
Code:
2012-12-18T20:58:34: Warning: Connection refused: disabling long polling fo 60s2012-12-18T20:57:47: 001-0: ztex_ufm1_15y1-04A39E4007-4: Error: Connection refused: Disabling URL http://localhost:4990 for 60s
2012-12-18T20:57:49: 001-0: ztex_ufm1_15y1-04A3918D14-2: Error: Connection refused: Disabling URL http://localhost:4990 for 60s
2012-12-18T20:57:49: 001-0: ztex_ufm1_15y1-04A3919EA0-4: Error: Connection refused: Disabling URL http://localhost:4990 for 60s
(...)
And continues. Why is LP disabled when main pool is unavailable? LP could be reached from backup pool.

My suggestions:

1. Add an option to choose, for how long pool should be disabled when unavailable. 60sec is just too short. When main pool fails, I would like to disable it for 10 minutes instead, to make sure it have time to settle down, whatever happening with it.

2. Disable spamming logfile from every single chip, when main pool is unavailable (when running in cluster mode). Only one message like:
Code:
Error: Connection refused: Disabling URL xxx for xxx sec
should be enough.

3. Enable logging of backup pool connections - when main pool refusing connections, BTCMiner should write in log file something like:
Code:
Error: Connection refused: Disabling URL http://localhost:4990 for 60s
Using LongPolling URL http://backup_pool:8332/lp
EDIT: I noticed that this message "Using LongPooling ..." with backup pool address appears only when main pool is down during miner startup. Later, when pool goes down, we don't know where miner is connected, there is no message about it.

4. When main pool is down, pressing "i" to see status doesn't work, it's lagging for couple of minutes to get output.

What you guys think? Smiley
legendary
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Is this USB-related? Im more the hardware guy...
"Possible cause: can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform"
For me this sounds as if this or all all libraries must be 64bit.

For better stability i use on the raspberrys hardware watchdog, if the system hangs for more than a few seconds it will be hard-resetted. Software errors can be caught by a cronjob which is checking if the miner is running, otherwise starting it.

Tried it ... My pi was unstable as hell .... Worked fine for at least an hour. Then the pi shut down.

You have to call the string with "sudo" command. Otherwise it won't work

Do u have the right lib USB installed ?
Mind that cgminer and BTCminer use different ports ...
Activity: 527
What confuses me: Why is a port needed, I always thougt java bytecode is platform independent? 

The java code is platform independent but it's using some native code library which has to be ported.
Has anyone tried to port the BTCMiner to ARM-architecture? When i try running the .jar on the raspberry pi and OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.3.2) i get this error:

Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/libusbJavaSt.so: /tmp/libusbJavaSt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (Possible cause: can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(ClassLoader.java:1935)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1860)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1821)
        at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:792)
        at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1059)
        at ch.ntb.usb.LibLoader.load(LibLoader.java:69)
        at ch.ntb.usb.LibusbJava.(LibusbJava.java:389)
        at BTCMiner.main(BTCMiner.java:2044)
It would be very nice to run the very energy efficient Ztex-boards with a 5 Watt pc Wink

What confuses me: Why is a port needed, I always thougt java bytecode is platform independent? 
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
I have bitcoin client on port 8332, so even if my old linux can run your code I have to mess around with configs... Sad

There is no config, just simple parameters.

Code:
./mining_proxy.py -gp 8001

This will do the job for you (gp means getwork port).

Also it's written in python... :/

I'm sorry if you have personal aversion against Python for some reason. Otherwise the installation is really simple, as documented here: https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy . It takes literally 5 minutes to get it run.
Activity: 725
2) Slush gives you transaction fee if you use stratum.

You can use stratum proxy...

I have bitcoin client on port 8332, so even if my old linux can run your code I have to mess around with configs... Sad

Also it's written in python... :/
Pages:
Jump to: