Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTE] The Bytecoin Information Thread - page 7. (Read 79044 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 0
September 12, 2018, 06:54:13 PM
The problem with this coin is that its not traded on any exchange. Whats up with that?
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 10:46:39 AM

The author of this thread have done a great job! I like that all information about Bytecoin is gathered in one place. And the project itself is interesting
[/quote]

Unfortunately, almost all the links posted no longer exist.
Activity: 77
September 12, 2018, 10:29:50 AM
September 12, 2018, 10:27:32 AM
As you will find if you study the history of this thread, in the early days of Bytecoin (BTE), the coins were strip-mined by one Ahmed Bodi and his associates/clones via multi-terrahash mining. He amassed at least 100k coins and his associates/clones at least 80k, so the balance of the mined coins to this point are in only a few wallets. On many occasions he/they waited until the difficulty dropped and then strip-mined with his big hardware until the difficulty went up again. This makes newcomers hesitant to mine BTE.

BTE is currently at block 58376 with about a 1.06 network difficulty. This is due to drop at block 58464 at which point I expect Ahmed Bodi to start strip-mining again. The hash power you have would probably give him some competition, but again the vast amjority of coins would end up in only a few wallets.

You will note regular activity on this thread by user ProfMac. His solution has been to engineer software for a hard fork to BTE with routines to limit strip-mining. I applaud his efforts but am not welcoming a hard fork, as such efforts have done great damage to Bitcoin and may follow suit with BTE. Please contact ProfMac for more info on the hard fork and his plans to rename Bytecoin, which I'm not fond of either.

I think it is an absolutely great idea to clone bitcoin 1:1 and give a fresh start for the people who missed out on the early stages of bitcoins growth.  Why cant this coin be a heavy weight competitor to bitcoin.  Where has all the interest gone?  I have 3th at my disposal.  Is there anyway I can help promote, mine or get involved in getting this coin back on track?
Activity: 56
September 12, 2018, 04:34:19 AM
I think it is an absolutely great idea to clone bitcoin 1:1 and give a fresh start for the people who missed out on the early stages of bitcoins growth.  Why cant this coin be a heavy weight competitor to bitcoin.  Where has all the interest gone?  I have 3th at my disposal.  Is there anyway I can help promote, mine or get involved in getting this coin back on track?
September 11, 2018, 04:19:31 PM
Bytecoin (BTE) and Bitcoin (BTC) are basically identical as Bytecoin was launched as a Bitcoin clone. They do each have their own blockchain. Bitcoin mining without a farm of powerful ASIC-driven miners is both impractical and financially useless as the network difficulty is so high. Mining Bytecoin is possible and practical with low-powered equipment but any financial gain is in the future, if at all.

One thing I want to see... if ByteCoin is... 100% identical to BitCoin... Why not mine and handle BTC / BitCoins.. Where does the source difference indicate.. .... Become a new blockchain?
Activity: 20
September 11, 2018, 08:46:43 AM
One thing I want to see... if ByteCoin is... 100% identical to BitCoin... Why not mine and handle BTC / BitCoins.. Where does the source difference indicate.. .... Become a new blockchain?
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
September 08, 2018, 11:28:55 AM
Can be transferred to PPS bte.crypto-expert.com (if we continue to switch to PPS, it will be reallocated to pool.bytecoin.biz everyone will have a 1 week notice and any unconfirmed money will be passed to the new pool by their account (the password will be disabled so will need to be reset)
September 07, 2018, 12:07:49 AM
Help! Need to sell some BTE now!
Walmart money only please!!

Im selling 1000 BTE
for $990 USD

Now $950.00

Now 1,150.00
Now 3,500.00
August 26, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

Im selling 1000 BTE
for $990 USD

Now $950.00

Now 1,150.00
August 23, 2018, 04:38:55 PM

Im selling 1000 BTE
for $990 USD

Now $950.00
August 15, 2018, 08:36:53 AM

Im selling 1000 BTE
for $990 USD
August 11, 2018, 11:47:48 AM
is there somewhere a difficulty history chart or hashrate history chart?

No, but I can help you build one if you like.
Activity: 2
August 11, 2018, 10:37:05 AM
is there somewhere a difficulty history chart or hashrate history chart?
August 10, 2018, 07:33:17 AM
In August 17 Bytecoin should release public testnet and in August 31 should be Bytecoin's hard fork. Guys what do you think about this news can it move Bytecoin's price higher?

Why those dates?
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
August 09, 2018, 06:44:52 PM
In August 17 Bytecoin should release public testnet and in August 31 should be Bytecoin's hard fork. Guys what do you think about this news can it move Bytecoin's price higher?
August 09, 2018, 05:30:55 PM
I think she used to be solid, now it's an alternate time and everything changes. With each time, everything happens, just some place miserable, however some place positive

She still is solid. Shes going strong now. Looks like we don't need hard turtle coin Profmac. But do not let this stop your wonderful research.
Activity: 93
August 09, 2018, 11:45:14 AM
I think she used to be solid, now it's an alternate time and everything changes. With each time, everything happens, just some place miserable, however some place positive
Activity: 56
August 08, 2018, 09:58:50 PM
Hi there! If you are interested in listing a token on Ecex, please email the team at the email address provided.

LOOKING FOR AN EXCHANGE LISTING FOR YOUR TOKEN?? ARE YOU WILLING TO COMPLETE AN AIRDROP THROUGH THE EXCHANGE IN CONJUNCTION WITH YOUR LISTING?

🔥 🔥 🔥  We offer you the opportunity to make an AirDrop to 50,000 (and growing) of our Exchange customers, and also add your token to our trading system (listing on Ecex.Exchange)  🔥 🔥 🔥

Listing with an Airdrop only requires one single deposit of the token to Ecex by the listing team.

Currently offering support for ERC20 tokens. Stellar integration coming soon!!! Contact us for details!

Tell us if you found us on bitcointalk!

ECEX EXCHANGE WEBSITE:
🔥 🔥https://Ecex.Exchange 🚀🔥

CONTACT ECEX BY EMAIL:
[email protected]

ECEX TWITTER PAGE:
https://twitter.com/PlanetZiggurat/

Please tell us more.
August 07, 2018, 01:58:54 PM
LOOKING FOR AN EXCHANGE LISTING FOR YOUR TOKEN?? ARE YOU WILLING TO COMPLETE AN AIRDROP THROUGH THE EXCHANGE IN CONJUNCTION WITH YOUR LISTING?

🔥 🔥 🔥  We offer you the opportunity to make an AirDrop to 50,000 (and growing) of our Exchange customers, and also add your token to our trading system (listing on Ecex.Exchange)  🔥 🔥 🔥

Listing with an Airdrop only requires one single deposit of the token to Ecex by the listing team.

Currently offering support for ERC20 tokens. Stellar integration coming soon!!! Contact us for details!

Tell us if you found us on bitcointalk!

ECEX EXCHANGE WEBSITE:
🔥 🔥https://Ecex.Exchange 🚀🔥

CONTACT ECEX BY EMAIL:
[email protected]

ECEX TWITTER PAGE:
https://twitter.com/PlanetZiggurat/

Please tell us more.
Pages:
Jump to: