Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 100. (Read 407332 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 24, 2013, 01:06:11 PM
https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1048.0

i really did not see that coming. maybe the early refund was indeed a good decision Tongue

since bASIC is out of business, wouldn't it be time to discuss a new strategy? any suggestions?

@creativex: how is BASIC_MINING's refund doing? was it processed already?

I guess so. I thought Tom would get it together, but apparently it wasn't meant to be.

I've received no word on the refund yet, either BTC or CC.

As to strategy going forward, well I guess that's something we'll have to work out with these events unfolding. I believe Avalon is set to begin shipping their 2nd batch in early March, so that's probably our next best opportunity to receive an ASIC mining gizmo. We should see more information on exactly what their unit's capabilities are in the very near future.

This is pretty suspect seeing how Tom was claiming 90% + refunds. Is this bASIC thing going to end up a massive scam in the end?
Possibly, although I fell if it was going to be a scam then Tom would not have refunded that much with CC and just went into hiding.

Have you requested chargebacks for the CC? Chargeback.

It's one charge. One upgrade from a 27 to 54Gh unit was charged, a total of $470. The initial order($599) was paid with BTC. This is still listed as "Ready To Ship" on BTCFPGA's website. I have not initiated a chargeback.

This is the only order we have with BTCFPGA.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
January 24, 2013, 07:16:55 AM

i really did not see that coming. maybe the early refund was indeed a good decision Tongue

since bASIC is out of business, wouldn't it be time to discuss a new strategy? any suggestions?

I guess so. I thought Tom would get it together, but apparently it wasn't meant to be.

As to strategy going forward, well I guess that's something we'll have to work out with these events unfolding. I believe Avalon is set to begin shipping their 2nd batch in early March, so that's probably our next best opportunity to receive an ASIC mining gizmo. We should see more information on exactly what their unit's capabilities are in the very near future.

This is pretty suspect seeing how Tom was claiming 90% + refunds. Is this bASIC thing going to end up a massive scam in the end?
Possibly, although I fell if it was going to be a scam then Tom would not have refunded that much with CC and just went into hiding.

Have you requested chargebacks for the CC? Chargeback.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
January 24, 2013, 06:48:01 AM

Activity: 316
January 24, 2013, 04:56:17 AM

I would also stick to avalon. they shipped 2 units already. one of them was sent to the bitcoin foundation, so i expext a review in the next few days.
January 23, 2013, 09:39:21 PM

January 23, 2013, 09:30:33 PM
The company's 7770s are scheduled to arrive today. Time permitting I will have them up and hashing this evening. Smiley
How many did you buy? I thought you bought only one?

Nope, there was enough to pick up two at that price, somehow they got shipped from two different places and I only have one at this time.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
January 23, 2013, 06:34:16 PM

Avalon / ButterflyLabs?
January 23, 2013, 06:23:50 PM

Activity: 968
Merit: 515
January 23, 2013, 05:30:24 PM
The company's 7770s are scheduled to arrive today. Time permitting I will have them up and hashing this evening. Smiley
How many did you buy? I thought you bought only one?
January 23, 2013, 04:05:37 PM
Daily dividend of 0.25977071 paid to 1432 shares. A bit earlier than usual today due to time constraints.

Have a great Wednesday!
January 19, 2013, 07:17:24 PM
Daily Dividend of 0.26465225 BTC paid to 1250 shares.

I didn't get the same feeling that Tom was wasted when he posted this time. I'm sure he is under considerable pressure, but I agree he needs to make some better choices. People are understandably cautious when there's money on the line.
January 19, 2013, 09:27:18 AM

On a more serious note, is he on drugs now?

it would not be the first time he writes on the forum while being completely wasted. i know he is under a lot of pressure, but posting drunk does not really help to build up trust in his company.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
January 19, 2013, 04:32:53 AM
we WILL be shipping bASIC bitcoin mining devices in March 2013 and I am willing to put my own money against anyone who says otherwise.

He can start here, there's about 15 BTC saying otherwise.

On a more serious note, is he on drugs now?
January 18, 2013, 11:01:59 PM
Daily dividend of 0.27101125 BTC paid.

Motion to request a refund from BTCFPGA for order #1345:

710 yay 155 nay. Refund requested.

This was posted today by Tom:

Dear Friends, Lovers, and Enemies,

First off. Sorry for the scare. and believe me it was a SCARE - we had to refund over 200k and we were happy to do it because we claimed from day one that we will honor any refurequest until we go into production and we meant it. And  As crazy as fuck as it is to say so , we will sill honor it. We took multiple 20k+ refunds left and right without batting and eye lash because we believe in this project and we know we will be releasing our bASIC Bitcoin mining units sooner than everyone else, especially our good friends BFL.

Love us or hate us, I have some good friends who are original Bitcoin "old money" and they gave us the additional funding we need to finish the chip fab / packaging and take this thing into production. (THANK GOD!)

we WILL be shipping bASIC bitcoin mining devices in March 2013 and I am willing to put my own money against anyone who says otherwise.

The Design is done baby. The chips will be state-side as soon as Chinese New Year is over and for those who could not stomach the wait I don't blame you but I'm sorry to say you lost you place in line my friends.

March may seem a long time away as we all have ASIC blue balls right now, but its really not that far away, and I salute and congratulate all of you who have had the testicular fortitude to stick it out with us because you my friends will receive the ultimate reward. Sure Avalon may get some units out before the Chinese new year but that is sure to be a very limited number. On the other hand our assembly house has an unlimited assembly capacity and as soon as the Chinese new year ends we will have 16,000 freshly fabbed and packaged ASIC chips and we will be assembling those PCB's at FULL CAPACITY !We will be shipping ALL CURRENT ORDERS IN THE MONTH OF MARCH AND WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR MORE ORDERS SO Get IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN! I stake my personal name and word on that. So hold on tight my friends because its going to be a wild ride in the month of March.

Now Let's Get ready to mine some serious coins
your friend always "cablepair"
Tom

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1045.0

Hopefully the bASIC project is back on track and we can look forward to some concrete results upon which we can base our purchasing decisions between now and March. Competition is a good thing.
January 17, 2013, 03:23:38 PM
I've purchased a Sapphire 7770 to add to the company GPU farm. While it's not the most muscular card it is inexpensive($108) and efficient so it should remain profitable for some time. I do not yet have a date that it will be online and hashing for us, but I would expect to have it integrated by this time next week.
January 17, 2013, 12:48:03 AM
I agree with you guys, but in the end it may not matter all that much. The latest information on bitcoinasic.net was that batches 1 & 2 would ship together and with all the cancellations there's probably little to gain by standing in line anyway. I still think bASIC01 is the best ASIC product on paper and would prefer a bulk purchase, but if it's not meant to be then we'll just watch our BTC stash grow while we figure out who's going to ship what and when.

With the most recent sale of shares and the increase in BTC relative to USDs the treasury currently has enough to fund four bASIC01s if/when they become available, so with the current order we could have up to five units. We'll just have to see how this plays out. Dave mentioned a Friday update to buyout discussions, so hopefully we'll know more soon.
Activity: 234
Merit: 101
January 16, 2013, 07:03:34 PM
+1
January 16, 2013, 07:00:08 PM
i don't get why so many people are voting for a refund. of course there are problems with bASIC, but what do we have if we refund? nothing, in addition we would be at the end of every queue at other competitors.
IMO it would be better to keep the order and, with the BTCs in the wallet, place orders at the other competitors, so we are not dependent on one company.

and btw, if bASIC delivers by march, it would still be a nice date.
January 16, 2013, 05:16:06 PM
Daily dividend of 0.26408575 BTC paid with 1147 shares outstanding.

All GPUs will be shifted back to BTC mining following the LTC retarget in a few hours.
January 14, 2013, 09:44:09 PM
Seems it's doing precisely that.

At right around $14.8/BTC we'd have enough to order (4) bASIC01 units, should they ever become available.
Pages:
Jump to: