Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 98. (Read 407332 times)

Activity: 968
Merit: 515
February 03, 2013, 07:17:10 PM
$599 / exchange rate. Cry
What is the plan with the remaining ~500BTC?
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
February 03, 2013, 05:07:32 PM
I think I just completed an order.
That is good news.

How many Bitcoins are still stuck with basic?
Basically lost.. Chargeback fees gotta come from somewhere.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 03, 2013, 05:03:25 PM
$599 / exchange rate. Cry
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
February 03, 2013, 04:55:11 PM
I think I just completed an order.
That is good news.

How many Bitcoins are still stuck with basic?
February 03, 2013, 03:11:23 PM
I think I just completed an order. Smiley Thankfully as I don't have any time to devote to Avalon's broken system today.
February 02, 2013, 11:24:28 PM
Sorry guys, no joy. I tried for two hours with 3 different browsers to get an order through before I had to pull the plug and get to work. Sad

I was not pleasant to be around after wasting all that time. Avalon seriously needs to outsource their website management.
Definitely, but have you tried using a different email address? It should not be a browser issue, more of an email issue Sad

(I'm not blaming anything on you, site seemed to have sucked majorly)

No I used the one that's proven most reliable for me over the years. I did get to the partial bitcoin payment page as others have mentioned a couple times, but I never sent any BTC as it didn't make sense to send a few bitcents for an ASIC. I suspect that the largest factor in successfully placing an order today was time allotted and old fashioned dumb luck.

If I hadn't scheduled work today perhaps I could've stayed at it till I was able to pay as some were able to do, I just didn't anticipate running out of time with two hours free. It should've taken only a minute or two. I'm even in the same timezone(EST), so I didn't have to goof up my schedule.

I'll try again when they re-schedule. Perhaps the third time is the charm.

Thanks!

YW...enjoy.
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
February 02, 2013, 09:49:11 PM
Chrome plugin is called page monitor
Firefox plugin is called check for change

Both come in handy at times.

Thanks!
vip
👻
February 02, 2013, 09:06:01 PM
Sorry guys, no joy. I tried for two hours with 3 different browsers to get an order through before I had to pull the plug and get to work. Sad

I was not pleasant to be around after wasting all that time. Avalon seriously needs to outsource their website management.
Definitely, but have you tried using a different email address? It should not be a browser issue, more of an email issue Sad

(I'm not blaming anything on you, site seemed to have sucked majorly)
February 02, 2013, 09:01:06 PM

vip
👻
February 02, 2013, 06:50:00 PM
So no batch 2 units ordered.. ASIC situtation is looking pretty dry Tongue
February 02, 2013, 12:24:37 AM
I agree. Additionally even if BFL does ship in February/March I believe it will take them some while to clear their backlog. I feel we'd be best served by ordering with whomever can get an ASIC hashing for us soonest and IMO an order placed with Avalon is more likely to accomplish this.

I'm relieved that Avalon delayed their order window opening as it has given me time to learn more about their shipping product and also to get feedback from fellow shareholders.
vip
👻
February 02, 2013, 12:01:51 AM
It is pretty likely the BTC order for bASICs are already lost. I support the decision to buy a batch 2 unit through, would be very profitable if BFL delays again. And they probably will.
February 01, 2013, 11:50:56 PM
Chrome plugin is called page monitor
Firefox plugin is called check for change

Both come in handy at times.
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
February 01, 2013, 04:43:10 PM
This change was made to Avalon's website mere minutes ago...

This product is becoming more & more attractive.

Wow.. how do you track changes?
February 01, 2013, 12:11:43 PM
This change was made to Avalon's website mere minutes ago...

This product is becoming more & more attractive.
January 31, 2013, 02:51:50 PM
Please keep in mind that the "power hungry beast" from Avalon is the most energy efficient shipping product to ever mine the BTC blockchain...many times more efficient than the GPUs we're currently running. Also keep in mind that the competitor's power estimates are just that, estimates, and they've under estimated power consumption by hundreds of percent in the past.

Thank you for your input. 
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
January 31, 2013, 02:43:00 PM
Been following the ASIC debate and I would order with BFL over going with that power hungry beast from Avalon.
January 31, 2013, 12:57:42 PM
The plot continues to sicken thicken:

...does someone detect blood in the water?
January 31, 2013, 11:12:38 AM
While I was penning a book sized response to Deprived's comments I received this email. Time stamped 8:56am.

It seems I've received a reprieve from the Governor.

Yeah - it was a nasty spot to be in.  One the one hand you really want to get ASICs as soon as possible, on the other their communication hasn't exactly been awe-inspiring or confidence inducing.  But of course if a bunch more batch 1 ASICs arrive then it'll be a lottery trying to get an order in in the few minutes available whilst their site effectively gets DDOSed by miners trying to throw BTC at them.

From their perspective if a good chunk of batch 1 has been shipped I'd be tempted to delay batch 2 until after a fair few of them have arrived (so there's no doubt about their capability) then do a MUCH bigger batch 2 and see if they can get people cancelling BFL orders to buy from them.  This is their one chance to grab a good chunk of those orders (unless BFL totally drop the ball and still haven't shipped anything by end of February).

It's not a position I enjoyed being put in. Due to the continuing strength in BTC vs fiat I had decided to hedge by ordering a single Avalon mining unit. As a single unit offers mining power that's 32x greater than what bASIC-MINING has available currently, the risk/reward ratio is favorable IMO, but not enough so to go all-in.

While I don't appreciate the lack of professionalism from Avalon in delaying this order window mere minutes prior to it's scheduled opening, I quite frankly hope they're able to take large portions of market share from BFL. That is my personal opinion anyway, as the manager of bASIC-MINING I will do what I feel is in the best interest of shareholders. If that eventually means I must hold my nose and order from BFL then I will do so.
January 31, 2013, 10:57:12 AM
Motion to place an order with Avalon's 2nd batch.

Should company funds be allocated to Avalon's 2nd batch ASICs?

At least one customer has confirmed receipt of an Avalon built ASIC mining unit.
Should bASIC-MINING place an order with Avalon's 2nd batch when available?

This motion can be voted on by bASIC-MINING shareholders. Begins: 2013-01-31 12:00:00 (EST)    Ends: 2013-02-07 12:00:00 (EST) and is located here:

https://btct.co/security/BASIC-MINING

Pages:
Jump to: