Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 5. (Read 407301 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
December 04, 2013, 08:59:28 AM
Wait, wat?  Mainstream press?  If you find wikip in error, edit it.  All it takes is an a willingness & ability to type.

I'm not saying it is wrong, so I won't edit it. I just find it an ironic collateral effect of WP "no original research" policy. There are obviously doubts about what happened regarding the inputs.io fiasco. Quoting this article made the alleged hack "verifiable" in the History of Bitcoin article.

Anyway, it's no big deal for me.

As for editing Wikipedia, I have 100+ contributions since March 2006 and even wrote an entire article, albeit small, almost from scratch (i.e. a very smallish stub).
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
December 04, 2013, 08:52:36 AM
I no longer hold any BM securities, but I'm worried about our "Family Guy" here!

The hit & run scenario makes so little sense. Just look at how TradeFortress could (kind of) get away with a straightforward "I was hacked" approach. It's even made its way to Wikipedia thanks to the mainstream press agencies' simplifying glass... whereas AFAIK no one can really know for sure what happened.

Wait, wat?  Mainstream press?  If you find wikip in error, edit it.  All it takes is an a willingness & ability to type.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
December 04, 2013, 08:19:13 AM
I no longer hold any BM securities, but I'm worried about our "Family Guy" here!

The hit & run scenario makes so little sense. Just look at how TradeFortress could (kind of) get away with a straightforward "I was hacked" approach. It's even made its way to Wikipedia thanks to the mainstream press agencies' simplifying glass... whereas AFAIK no one can really know for sure what happened.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
December 03, 2013, 10:33:55 PM
So how is your private vigilante group going? Any developments?

at first I thought it would be a witch hunt but its actually pretty sensible. much more so than on here

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 03, 2013, 10:08:26 PM
So how is your private vigilante group going? Any developments?
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
November 24, 2013, 07:49:56 PM
I've applied to the google group, and sent the required PM.......48 hours, still no reply or acceptance........

I can assure whoever is running the group I'm NOT connected to creativeX other than the fact that I live in Michigan and he fucked over on 200 shares. I've also been a member here for almost 2 years.

There's no point applying directly to the group since there is no way to tell which bitcointalk user that is. Do drop bomb a pm with the email address you wish to use for access.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
November 24, 2013, 04:03:08 PM
I've applied to the google group, and sent the required PM.......48 hours, still no reply or acceptance........

I can assure whoever is running the group I'm NOT connected to creativeX other than the fact that I live in Michigan and he fucked over on 200 shares. I've also been a member here for almost 2 years.

Just PM tbomb again in a day or so. He'll get to you eventually.
LHB
Activity: 58
November 24, 2013, 01:12:05 PM

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
November 24, 2013, 01:53:57 AM
Indeed, probably wishful thinking. Grin
Probably he will live happily ever after. But these is not fairytale. Our fund keep growing in USD and we can wait for Silk Road 2  Cool.
legendary
Touchdown
November 23, 2013, 08:44:12 PM
Indeed, probably wishful thinking. Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
November 23, 2013, 08:14:48 PM
I live in Michigan and was thinking of taking a drive up to Lansing this weekend to check out the listed addresses. I'd like to settle the 200 outstanding shares I own.......or plug a miner or two in at my house

Pm tbomb and join in the discussion  Undecided
^^^ THIS!

And in all seriousness, if it ever comes to it, we might actually need someone in or nr MI to run the hardware.

good luck getting CX to release those miners lol
legendary
Touchdown
November 23, 2013, 01:46:13 PM
I live in Michigan and was thinking of taking a drive up to Lansing this weekend to check out the listed addresses. I'd like to settle the 200 outstanding shares I own.......or plug a miner or two in at my house

^^^ THIS!

And in all seriousness, if it ever comes to it, we might actually need someone in or nr MI to run the hardware.
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
November 23, 2013, 01:14:59 AM

LHB
Activity: 58
November 22, 2013, 10:18:45 PM
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
November 22, 2013, 12:43:50 PM

Nevermind that only creativex and burnside know how many shares each address has.

If these is a scam I'm afraid that burnside is in the same position with creativex. What do you think why he must shut down BTC-TC operation.

You're naive if you think that BASIC is why burnside shut down BTC-TC

No, I don't think so, but these is one problem more for burnside and in the end one of the reason why BTC-TC is closed.
November 22, 2013, 11:39:06 AM
Application pending approval..

me too.. I just asked to join
November 22, 2013, 11:35:20 AM

He'll never say it, but it was possible future issues with the SEC. He got legal advice on running the exchange and then, bam, a month and a half later it's gone.

of course the lack of compliance was a big issue.. that's why Burnside had caveats all over the website saying "this is just a game, everything is virtual" etc... of course we all knew that, legally those caveats didn't hold water, but that didn't seem to worry Burnside until shit hit the fan and people started talking about bringing in the authorities....

as you say he probably got legal advice that said something like.. "you may be complicit in facilitating the scams if you keep offering un-vetted securities."

I think if CreativeX/Eric was going to do a runner he would have moved the miners onto a different bitcoin address because all transactions from Our bitcoin address can be tracked. .. the fact that we are still mining gives me hope that he has just buried his head in the sand and can't deal with all the Investor backlash.

I might do some analysis on the payouts and see if the additional 800GH has been deployed yet.

last  time I checked we had about 220 BTC 1200 NMC and 1000 or so Litecoins... given that all cryptos are skyrocketing.. I'd love to see him come back and cash in some of those lightcoins to buy some more AMD Cards  Litecoin miners....
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 22, 2013, 11:24:22 AM
Application pending approval..
legendary
Touchdown
November 22, 2013, 11:21:31 AM
If you haven't already, please join the Google group.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/basic-mining
legendary
Activity: 1386
November 22, 2013, 11:14:31 AM
You're naive if you think that BASIC is why burnside shut down BTC-TC

Agreed .. if anything it was Labcoin and Active Mining that shut down BTC-TC that then shut down Basic Mining.

Eric probably crapped his pants when he realized how difficult paying out dividends for direct shares would be..

He'll never say it, but it was possible future issues with the SEC. He got legal advice on running the exchange and then, bam, a month and a half later it's gone.
Pages:
Jump to: