Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 93. (Read 407332 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
May 21, 2013, 01:12:08 AM
Any new thoughts on putting the btc reserves to work?
Activity: 434
May 20, 2013, 11:50:19 PM
I've seen some guys that managed to get orders through on feb 2 confirmed receiving Avalons, so it shouldn't be long now. I'll definitely be singing from the rooftops after this long wait is over. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
May 20, 2013, 09:26:23 PM
Thanks for your confirmation. This is great news :-)

I am happy that I could buy my shares under 0.5, now I'm excepting stock price rise when the community will consider the forthcoming dividends and do the maths. Finally, some kind of competition is coming in the ASIC stocks. Good for the market and good for our portfolios, don't forget to post the good news when you get confirmation of the delivery :-)
May 20, 2013, 07:58:35 PM

hi there, what's the projected hashrate upon deliveries of batch 2 and 3?

what's the projected dividend rate upon this increase?

many thanks Smiley

This is pure speculation but I will attempt to approximate it.
Current financial data show about 3000 outstanding shares and an AVALON ASIC at 70 GH/s would mine about 22 BTC per week. So to compare with AM (actually BASIC-MINING pays daily dividends), the weekly dividend could be 70% of 22, i.e. 0.00513 per share.

So it seems very competitive with ASICMINER at current price. But again, I may be wrong with my numbers and it needs confirmation. And it only account for 1 miner from batch #2 (there is another one on the way from batch #3 as far as I know)

I apologize for my delayed response, my weekends are often...frantic. Smiley

That's correct. We have a day two batch 2(3 module) order and a batch 3(4 module) order coming. Upon receipt of both units we should see around 156Gh/s total if we can squeeze 22Gh/s from each module. The batch 2 order will have one available expansion slot and the batch 3 order may or may not be filled upon receipt. This will give us the ability to up our hashrate a further 14% fairly easily down the road when Avalon makes the modules available. There are currently 3096 shares outstanding so that works out to 50.38Mh/s/share.

As we're limited to 5000 shares outstanding and still have reserves of nearly 700BTC I think bASIC-MINING represents a great value going forward.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
May 20, 2013, 01:01:44 AM

many thanks Smiley

This is pure speculation but I will attempt to approximate it.
Current financial data show about 3000 outstanding shares and an AVALON ASIC at 70 GH/s would mine about 22 BTC per week. So to compare with AM (actually BASIC-MINING pays daily dividends), the weekly dividend could be 70% of 22, i.e. 0.00513 per share.

So it seems very competitive with ASICMINER at current price. But again, I may be wrong with my numbers and it needs confirmation. And it only account for 1 miner from batch #2 (there is another one on the way from batch #3 as far as I know)
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
May 19, 2013, 09:25:47 PM

many thanks Smiley
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
May 17, 2013, 08:36:35 PM
Still no confirmation on batch#2? Also have you considered some Avalon chips? I know this doesn't spread company risk but, I believe that the slower to deliver asic companies will have to step up shipping or lose all market share to asicminer. Love the daily dividends btw!
May 16, 2013, 05:31:39 PM
Just bought shares in anticipation of Batch 2 being delivered soon and Batch 3 in the not too distant future...here's to some nice dividends for the rest of the year!  Good luck!

Welcome aboard!

That'd be nice. Between BTCFPGA & Avalon I think we've waited long enough for ASICs to finally be delivered.
Activity: 364
May 16, 2013, 02:30:20 PM
Just bought shares in anticipation of Batch 2 being delivered soon and Batch 3 in the not too distant future...here's to some nice dividends for the rest of the year!  Good luck!
May 15, 2013, 03:11:10 PM
I still have them as pretty close, with a slight edge to BTC mining according to allchains & coinotron, but with merged mining BTC is indeed a better play. I shifted a couple cards this morning and will shift the remainder this evening, when able.

Trying to pay today's dividend, but can't log in, seems the site is being DDoS'd. Sad
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
May 15, 2013, 01:52:19 PM
Are you still mining LTC?  It's now much less profitable, according to Dustcoin.

Hope you switched back to BTC.
May 15, 2013, 10:28:06 AM
Avalon batch 2 shipping confirmed.

Good news from the field.  I just got an email from Avalon with a tracking number for batch #2.  Wish me luck.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2154657
May 01, 2013, 07:38:55 PM
Hot off the presses from Avalon:

Bitcoin will change your life.    online version • update profile • unsubscribe

Avalon ASIC    ASICs on time; Business done right.

Dear [email protected],

Lots things to update.

1. We are currently investigating on the three or so shipments that have shown up badly damaged to the customers. They do no appear to be simple delivery damage: they are not dents but some corners of some of the units have been snapped off. It takes a great amount of force to snap 3mm aluminum that's been bolted down with 0.9mm screws in a box with foam padding. We are not ruling out the possibility of sabotage.

In future, when receiving an Avalon package, if there is any rattling sound coming from inside, open the package in front of DHL/EMS and inspect the inside, if there is damage immediately return the package to the sender. The receiver must submit the complaint so us, the shipper can receive this information from DHL/EMS and we can investigate.

Do not worry, even if DHL/EMS does not compensate for the damages, once you send the damaged unit back, we will send you a replacement free of charge.

2. Our new SMT equipment has arrived, it is expected to be tweaked and fully functional by the second week of May. Expect an updated gallery of our facility soon. In the mean time we are going to send out ~20 units through our new shipping channels and test the waters. We expect to go full throttle once the new SMT line comes online.

3. We also recently released a new firmware that is our most stabled version yet, it also increases the performance by about 2Gh/s and lowers idle power consumption, see the wiki for full details. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon#20130419

p.s. few people in the Avalon team is sick, so we are moving rather slow at the moment.

BitSyncom LLC

• Phone: 01.347.370.9069
• E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.avalon-asic.com

All rights reserved. ©2013 BitSyncom LLC
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
April 28, 2013, 07:36:58 AM
I hope so. I haven't yet received any tracking information.

Thanks for the information.
April 27, 2013, 03:27:19 AM
I hope so. I haven't yet received any tracking information.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
April 27, 2013, 03:10:45 AM
So - is the Avalon-Batch2-mashine on it's way?
April 22, 2013, 02:43:54 PM
looks like there are a number of new asic opportunities starting or on their way, including asicminer eruptors and avalon naked chips.  Any thought as to how to start putting our capital reserve to work?  We have what, 600 BTC waiting for an opportunity?

Always looking for opportunities to increase our hashes. I closely monitored the first ASICMiner auction, but the price went right off the charts. If we didn't have a couple Avalon orders it may have made sense to take a shot at one or more of the erupter blades, even at such a high cost/Gh.

At this point I'm still not 100% certain how many expansion slots we'll have available on our b2 Avalon unit, but likely one, so that seems like a no brainer when available. Avalon recently changed their website to indicate expansion modules would be available soon. Since the recent case pic Avalon showed off for b2 Avalons appeared to be the same dimensions as the b1 case I'm expecting only one expansion slot, but wouldn't mind being surprised.

The chip projects are interesting but will still have significant lead time and are unlikely to improve upon Avalon efficiency much if at all. By the time someone gets their chips and gets a finished product together there may be better options available so committing to such a project doesn't make a whole bunch of sense at this point. There's always the possibility that someone strapped for cash could offer up their b1 or b2 Avalon at a reasonable price and the number of buyers with enough liquid capital to pounce at any given time is likely fairly small...relatively speaking.

Always open to suggestions, if anyone sees anything that they believe is a decent opportunity, please feel free to PM or email me.
Activity: 420
April 22, 2013, 02:13:37 PM
looks like there are a number of new asic opportunities starting or on their way, including asicminer eruptors and avalon naked chips.  Any thought as to how to start putting our capital reserve to work?  We have what, 600 BTC waiting for an opportunity?
April 16, 2013, 12:50:51 AM
Avalon has requested that trade-in FPGAs be shipped to them. While we have none of these, this is a sign that they're preparing to ship batch 2 orders.
April 08, 2013, 01:20:04 AM
Yep, took awhile, but Tom eventually came through.

The move in Litecoin has been fantastic, definitely worth the extra work to setup.
Pages:
Jump to: