Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 27. (Read 186929 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Only someone who was benefiting from BFL would backup such a poor business model..(Inaba) Unless your name is rjk and your sole purpose is to irritate the largest audience possible in every thread. Give it a rest already.. We don't need your English lessons just because you don't agree with a statement, but have nothing logical to say in your defense.
They are a startup business with more orders than they can fill.  It's not as if they put in their business model, "Purposefully delay customer orders 2-4 months."   Roll Eyes
There business model is to intentionally lie about order guarantee dates. They are clearly aware, that no orders are being filled in 4-6 weeks. Even if you email them after there guaranteed time has past, they just give another bogus deadline. After that deadline is up, email them again. They give you another unrealistic delivery date. Seems like they have politicians setting up the business model down there.. No one is expecting miracles, a little honesty would be nice though.

Well we usually don't respond to these kinds of posts. However, to let everyone know why the delay ever existed, I'll go a little into details.

The first unit produced was the Rev A boards which we demonstrated and ran a test with Inaba (our first personal contact with the community).
The Rev A did all that it was supposed to, and we were exactly within our deadline. However, due to higher power consumption we hadn't
predicted, the Rev A got quite hot and we concluded  that it was best not to send the Rev A for production. We were forced into going
with two more prototypes to meet our desired specs. The two prototyping stages in addition to chinese unusually long holidays, created the initial
delay (and offset) in our delivery schedule.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc

That's all fine and good to explain the initial delay while developing the initial prototypes.  However as far as anyone knows based on posted delivery times in this forum, there has yet to be a single delivered in less than 60 days.  Why the resistance to posting a realistic delivery date on your website. 
Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Only someone who was benefiting from BFL would backup such a poor business model..(Inaba) Unless your name is rjk and your sole purpose is to irritate the largest audience possible in every thread. Give it a rest already.. We don't need your English lessons just because you don't agree with a statement, but have nothing logical to say in your defense.
They are a startup business with more orders than they can fill.  It's not as if they put in their business model, "Purposefully delay customer orders 2-4 months."   Roll Eyes
There business model is to intentionally lie about order guarantee dates. They are clearly aware, that no orders are being filled in 4-6 weeks. Even if you email them after there guaranteed time has past, they just give another bogus deadline. After that deadline is up, email them again. They give you another unrealistic delivery date. Seems like they have politicians setting up the business model down there.. No one is expecting miracles, a little honesty would be nice though.

Well we usually don't respond to these kinds of posts. However, to let everyone know why the delay ever existed, I'll go a little into details.

The first unit produced was the Rev A boards which we demonstrated and ran a test with Inaba (our first personal contact with the community).
The Rev A did all that it was supposed to, and we were exactly within our deadline. However, due to higher power consumption we hadn't
predicted, the Rev A got quite hot and we concluded  that it was best not to send the Rev A for production. We were forced into going
with two more prototypes to meet our desired specs. The two prototyping stages in addition to chinese unusually long holidays, created the initial

Regards,
BF Labs Inc

Thanks for the response. I think what the community has largely been responding/reacting to is the fact that BFL never openly addressed this latency in shipment. Until now, these posts were ignored and your website kept the "4-6 week guarantee." A lot of members probably would have been less disgruntled had this post been made sooner and if a note on your website saying "we are experiencing a delay of XX weeks in order to deliver you a better product."

Regardless, better late than never. Thanks for the post.

-Andrew
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
You go BF Labs!
Activity: 227
Merit: 100

Regards,
BF Labs Inc
Activity: 392

legendary
Holllllllllaaaaaaaaa
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Yep,they ARE a scam...keep thinking that & buy a bunch of those 15 month ROI devices Tongue

I'll also back them up any day  Grin
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
It's not as if they put in their business model, "Purposefully delay customer orders 2-4 months."   Roll Eyes

Well since they have your money for that period of time they are at the very least getting the interest on that money in the bank, at worst could be running the machines for that time.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Or... wait for it... don't order!  Vote with your wallet and go elsewhere!

I have been watching these things from the start waiting for them to get it together on their shipping times and have done just that went elsewhere when if they had stock to ship to me they would have my money right now.
I wanted to read and comprehend what you were saying but the sentence just kept running on and on and on without end until it became at least 3 different thoughts none of which interested me. <-- o look, a period!

Activity: 392
Or... wait for it... don't order!  Vote with your wallet and go elsewhere!

I have been watching these things from the start waiting for them to get it together on their shipping times and have done just that went elsewhere when if they had stock to ship to me they would have my money right now.
I wanted to read and comprehend what you were saying but the sentence just kept running on and on and on without end until it became at least 3 different thoughts none of which interested me. <-- o look, a period!

Activity: 344
Actually, it was 3/16 - 5/15, so 2 months or 8.5 weeks (not exactly 8 weeks).
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
The official response I got from BFL today was:

At the moment we are shipping about 9 weeks after payment. --Jody
Activity: 344
I'm about 5 weeks into the 4-6 week delivery period on my 2 Bitforce Singles now, so hopefully they'll ship next week!

My 2 singles shipped, after 8 weeks.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
BTW, when is the expected delivery date for my rig box guys Huh

How could you miss it ? I heard they did a special paintjob for you...

Is it hamster powered like GLBSE, too?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
BitMinter

How could you miss it ? I heard they did a special paintjob for you...

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Can't be a scam.

Trust me, I would know Wink

Are you still using a raspberry thing inside ?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
I once helped my uncle Jack off a horse.  

Shouldn't there be commas in there, somewhere?

Activity: 446
I wouldn't - I was never going to get one until someone offered to sell one to me without a premium.

Closest competition that I know of is 800GH/s at just over $1000 but uses only 40 watts. Several week wait I believe for that one.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I wouldn't - I was never going to get one until someone offered to sell one to me without a premium.
Pages:
Jump to: