Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 25. (Read 186929 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
http://www.butterflylabs.com/drivers/

Try downloading easyminer from bfl ... they have some diagnostics that may help
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
When I plug in my single, I get a driver not found error. Is there a manual way to install a driver? I've tried plugging in to several W7 machines.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
To above post, i understand you, I used to be self-employed earning $2k per week building and selling all types of PCs. But the economy is completely different to what it was 4 years ago.
I was just saying regarding gigavps post that reinvesting money that you made off mining into more mining equipment is much much easier then investing money that you earned from active jobs (I see mining as a passive job)
Why save up from your job for it?  The rig box (2 mini rigs) I ordered in March is 100% funded by a loan.  It's a risk either way, but I figure that I'll get it faster this way.  If I can afford to save up for it, I can afford to make loan payments if BTC goes south.
I so would have done this as well if I had the cash flow to support paying off a $50,000 loan if something went wrong.  Well, and if I could find a bank willing to lend me that much...!  How did you manage to do that, anyway?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Good idea too, but from seeing how loans have spiraled out of control for many people I stay well clear of them.
Activity: 348
To above post, i understand you, I used to be self-employed earning $2k per week building and selling all types of PCs. But the economy is completely different to what it was 4 years ago.
I was just saying regarding gigavps post that reinvesting money that you made off mining into more mining equipment is much much easier then investing money that you earned from active jobs (I see mining as a passive job)
Why save up from your job for it?  The rig box (2 mini rigs) I ordered in March is 100% funded by a loan.  It's a risk either way, but I figure that I'll get it faster this way.  If I can afford to save up for it, I can afford to make loan payments if BTC goes south.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Well,I invested $1000 at first 4 vid cards,2 6950,2 6970,2 500 watt PSU's,1 low end DDR2 mobo & 1-45 watt CPU & started in june.I've made almost double that back & am now investing in FPGA's to lower my electric bill.If you start now I'd go with FPGA's unless your electric is VERY cheap.

Good luck!!

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
I don't understand why any of you are complaining. Do you have money with BFL and they have not delivered your product?

I've paid BFL more money than most, and you don't see me complaining.

I would recommend that you either do you due diligence and make your purchases, or get left behind.

Like to boast eh ? but it's not just earning the money but how you earned it, it's one thing running a few video cards when Bitcoin was worth $30 and the difficulty level quote low, sitting back and getting the money almost for free, then sending it to another company...
it's completely different working a 9 to 5 job everyday sweating and saving up at $7 per hour..

Cheesy If you make $7 an hour,I feel sorry for you,not to be mean,but I've been unemployed for over 3 years now & still manage to get my bills paid.I don't have a new car or a home,I pay rent & utilities & car insurance.

My skills,A/C installation & service,electrician,plumber,mechanic,any phase of construction (from slab work to roofing) & remodeling,PC repair & gamer build ups,class "A" CDL (1,000,000 miles or more under my belt).

I also ran a 52 meter concrete boom pump (110,000 lbs GVW,six axle's  Cool ) for 5 years @ $20 an hour + time & half daily ($52,000 a year).Most of my other trades land me about $30,000+ a year.

As of now being self employed (15-20 hrs a week) is more profitable (time wise) than working a 40 hour job,at least here in Fla,I'm making maybe $15,000 a year.I'm NOT giving away my hard earned knowledge so these greedy buisness owners can make $xxx,xxx a year & fleece me.Hopefully the payscale will improve soon here & I can get back to saving for my retirement Cool

I learned all I know ON THE JOB,NO schooling,over the past 25 years.But with the economy the way it is,my skills can only get me about $20,000 a year right now,if I'm lucky............

Sorry,had to vent Sad

I do believe in Bitcoin,so every coin I earn goes back into it.So get you a few GPU's or FPGA's & get some coin & reinvest back into it Grin

BTW,my first Single is on its way (shipped today 5/16),now to save up for the next one & so on Grin

Thanks BFL-Engineer for the explaination,but I already figured it was something to that effect Wink
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Semi off topic I wonder if there would be interest in a falling price auction for my Single.
Start the price at say 200 BTC and it falls 3,306 Satoshis every second (20 BTC per week).
Auction continues until someone bids.  First valid bid wins.

Interesting to see when it gets sold. Obviously a single cannot make 20 BTC a week. Let's see... with 850 mhash/s, you can make about 15 BTC a month. The current wait time for a single from BFL is about 2 months. So paying 120 BTC ($600) for a single in 2 months is equivalent to paying 150 BTC for a single that you can get immediately. So I think the optimal price for your auction will be 150 BTC (or waiting 2.5 weeks). If anyone is willing to pay more than that, they should just order a single from BFL right now. But then people are irrational...
legendary
You sly bastard  Grin

Semi off topic I wonder if there would be interest in a falling price auction for my Single.
Start the price at say 200 BTC and it falls 3,306 Satoshis every second (20 BTC per week).

Is it possible to hack the firmware first, so when the buyer gets it, it will mine to your address while appearing to mine to the address entered in the program ?
You sly bastard  Grin

Is it possible to hack the firmware first, so when the buyer gets it, it will mine to your address while appearing to mine to the address entered in the program ?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Supply and demand.  More people are demanding the units than how many are being supplied, and because BFL doesn't raise the prices in response, there is a lack of supply and wait times as a result.  BFL has set their pricing at P3 in the graph below.

Well done Sgt Spike!
legendary
You sly bastard  Grin

There's only one way to find out...
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
You sly bastard  Grin

donator
Gerald Davis
Oh they are accepting new orders and you will eventually get yours but it just won't be in two weeks.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wait-list-bfl-singles-order-date-ship-date-77796
Activity: 697
Merit: 500
So they're shipping in two weeks?
By this I mean - if I ordered a Single right now, when would it come?

You? No. 

However my Single will be arriving in ~2 weeks.  How much do you want to spend for one?

You sly bastard  Grin
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Could've just said supply and demand Shocked
anyway, it's around 64 days? how do you guys know?

You? No. 

However my Single will be arriving in ~2 weeks.  How much do you want to spend for one?
No? Are they not accepting new orders?
And oh, I'm sure I can fundraise to go past the 599 if needed - why?
donator
Gerald Davis

You? No. 

legendary
Supply and demand.  More people are demanding the units than how many are being supplied, and because BFL doesn't raise the prices in response, there is a lack of supply and wait times as a result.  BFL has set their pricing at P3 in the graph below.

Pages:
Jump to: