Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 66. (Read 186929 times)

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Just thinking, maybe the topic of this thread should be Remotely related to the BitForce Single and Rig Box. Maybe this post belongs in Meta.
We've already discussed them until we were blue in the face. What more do you want to know that is on topic?
Activity: 349
Just thinking, maybe the topic of this thread should be Remotely related to the BitForce Single and Rig Box. Maybe this post belongs in Meta.
Activity: 402
Yeah not sure where people get the idea that a distributor makes the VAT go away.

AFAIK (and granted euro tax law wasn't may major in college)

BFL -> Customer (pay VAT)
BFL -> Distributor (no VAT) .... Distributor -> Customer (pay VAT)

right?

Yeah, you are correct.
And any system designed to bypass customs (incl. VAT) is tax fraud btw.

I sure am very concerned about that Wink

I also declare all my BTC profits to the taxman because the big corporations pay all their taxes to the day, setting a model for everybody else.

Would you pay $850 for a device that is meant to cost $600 ?

ATM the BFL is a no go for the EU / UK unless you go the "dodgy" route ( don't even know what this means ) but a legalised way ( it is not like they are the only ones abusing the tax system and finding loopholes in it; here in the UK there actually are lawyers getting paid to do this by the rich who should be taxed 50% usually ) is what we need if BFL wants to have some EU sales.  

Hahha yeah, bigger the corporation, more blatant and direct tax evasion they do Cheesy

Indeed, i wouldn't pay that neither, but it's the sad reality for individuals. As a company i will get the VAT back couple months later. Also, the VAT is quite trivial to circumvent when ordering abroad if you know how, there is still a risk of "getting caught", but the cost of that is having to pay the VAT, nothing else.

Infact, that happens all the time, even without trying, packages just don't end up in customs even if worth is in the thousands, at times. Depends greatly on shipping method too.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Quote from: fred0
This is a great product to sell on Silk Road.

Yeah. I am not quite sure about that Cheesy but there were people actually selling London 2012 olympic tickets on the SR. Again this is supposedly illegal ( selling olympic tickets ).

The messed up laws this country has ...

How was the sales tax issue fixed in the US ( which states are charged, which are not ) Huh
They are only charging sales tax in Missouri, their state of business registration.
How was the sales tax issue fixed in the US ( which states are charged, which are not ) Huh
Sales tax is simplest tax to work around.  As long as the item is purchased out of state(for example via the internet), no tax is due.  Technically, all purchases done this way are supposed to be declared on your state income tax so you don't "get away" with out paying sales tax. But this is basically unenforceable.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

Businesses only have to collect taxes for the state in which they are located (technically a "nexus").  For BFL that is ... I don't know but it isn't Virginia. Smiley

Honestly in the age of digital records sales taxes (and taxes like VAT and duties) are so obsolete.  Just collect it off income and be done.  Of course the only reason to have income tax + sales tax + duties + VAT + fees as taxes + mandatory govt services + real estate tax + corporate tax + dividend tax + capital gains tax + excise tax + gasoline tax + firearms tax + alcohol tax + payroll tax + etc .....

is to hide how much taxes.

If it was a simple flat unavoidable tax off the top of your income with no exceptions, deductions, loopholes, carve outs, or kickbacks people would be outraged and they would fix it by reducing spending (and the power of govt) and thus reducing the amount of taxes necessary.

Spread it around into 20 or 30 different pots and maybe people don't realize how much they are owned by the govt.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Quote from: fred0

Yeah. I am not quite sure about that Cheesy but there were people actually selling London 2012 olympic tickets on the SR. Again this is supposedly illegal ( selling olympic tickets ).

The messed up laws this country has ...

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Yeah not sure where people get the idea that a distributor makes the VAT go away.

right?

Yeah, you are correct.

My 2 Icarus' were sent to someone else in China who then sent them to me with the description "PCB Develop Board 2"
(using EMS)
I guess that's Tax Fraud coz they didn't charge me any Smiley
Though ... it was to Aus, not EU Tongue

(Aside: Now that's what I call doing it right, one person accepting BTC, designing, getting them built, testing and delivering - 3 batches completed already)

right?

Yeah, you are correct.

I also declare all my BTC profits to the taxman because the big corporations pay all their taxes to the day, setting a model for everybody else.

ATM the BFL is a no go for the EU / UK unless you go the "dodgy" route ( don't even know what this means ) but a legalised way ( it is not like they are the only ones abusing the tax system and finding loopholes in it; here in the UK there actually are lawyers getting paid to do this by the rich who should be taxed 50% usually ) is what we need if BFL wants to have some EU sales.  

right?

Yeah, you are correct.

right?

Yeah, you are correct.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
If you took the time to talk with BFL instead of hacking away on your keyboard, you too would realized that the only company that can try to pull of perfection is Apple.

The rest of us just try to muddle through it.

i'm sorry, are you saying apple either achieves or approaches perfection?

LOL. No. They are the best at the illusion of perfection.

whew.  well that's alright then.  i think it was once described and repeated often as a "reality distortion field".  think that about sums it up.
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Still waiting for someone in the EU / UK to let us know what the total cost was including duty and all that crap ( VAT ) etc.

Any news about a EU distributor or something like that to avoid all these silly taxes ?

Thanks !

I could do that, problem is i need to charge some profit. Also i need to charge VAT 23% when selling to EU resident.
So the price would end up being something like 850$ Sad

We are looking looking for a tax-free strategy for Europe shipments. Stay tuned...

Regards,

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Still waiting for someone in the EU / UK to let us know what the total cost was including duty and all that crap ( VAT ) etc.

Any news about a EU distributor or something like that to avoid all these silly taxes ?

Thanks !

I could do that, problem is i need to charge some profit. Also i need to charge VAT 23% when selling to EU resident.

right?

Thanks !

legendary

Thanks !
Look back a few pages - I know someone posted that.  Was over $800.

Thanks !
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I ordered around Feb. 17th and paid on Feb.24th. I got confirmation of the order from Sonny Mar.11th.
legendary
Has anyone who ordered in late February heard back from them?  I submitted an order, but haven't received anything from them.  No confirmation emails, no phone calls, etc.  I know they are busy, so I am just checking if somehow my order got missed and I should resubmit, or if they just haven't gotten back to people who ordered after February 24th or so.
donator
Activity: 490
I appreciate the quick responses to my question of how many have actually been received.
Pages:
Jump to: