Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 63. (Read 186929 times)

legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
I told my GF I had bought 1 single.
After going through the numbers with her she said "Why don't you buy 2!?"
"I did!" I replied.
She got upset :/

I'm not going go to tell her I actually bought 4.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
my girlfriend too is all about the blame game...3 weeks ago I spent 175$ for 2 5870's. 175 for the pair!

Max...did we really need to spend the money for that?

she would probably freak-the-fuck-out if she knew how much i plan on spending...

here is how to argue and win...

max you spent 175 on videocards?

erin, we need to include gas, they were 110 kilometers away, so add an extra 220 kilometers worth of gas...plus some food and cigarettes for the drive. So lets say I spent about 240$ in total.

WTF?

can you tell me where else I can invest 240$ and make about 1000$ in a year?

um no...

STFU then, get back in the kitchen!

just kidding, she would kick my ass if i said that...but how can you argue with this:

I can invest 240$ and make about 1000$ in a year
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Lucky you - my wife would most certainly play the blame game and thus I keep her totally in the dark about the three GPU mining rigs, the ZTEX FPGA miner, the twelve singles I have ordered (but not received yet) and the C200 which I have tried to order (but have no order confirmation for, yet). I'm mining in my rented business office, which she also does not know about...
Good grief man - and she doesn't notice the $10k missing from your bank??

After we got married, I changed my primary checking account into a joint account, but she didn't change her primary checking account into a joint account, so I was like: "Wow. O.K. Welcome to California Feminism."

Recently, I closed the joint account and instead I just give her a monthly allowance of $1,400 for food, clothes and gasoline, and of course I pay all the bills such as mortgage, utilities, property tax, car insurance, fire insurance, credit cards, etc. etc.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Took out a loan and sent $30k to Sonny for my Rig Box today.  He estimates time to shipping at about 15 weeks.  I assume they could run into problems and it would be longer, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Regardless, it's a long time to wait, but I think I'll be happy with the purchase in the end.

I could make some sacrifices and afford to pay off the loan without income from bitcoins, but it'd sure be a repetitive kick in the nuts for a few years.

The only reason I feel ok taking this kind of risk is that my wife agreed to be supportive even though she finds it very scary.  If it turns into a disaster, she agreed to look at it as a joint decision and not play the blame game.

Lucky you - my wife would most certainly play the blame game and thus I keep her totally in the dark about the three GPU mining rigs, the ZTEX FPGA miner, the twelve singles I have ordered (but not received yet) and the C200 which I have tried to order (but have no order confirmation for, yet). I'm mining in my rented business office, which she also does not know about...
Good grief man - and she doesn't notice the $10k missing from your bank??
Took out a loan and sent $30k to Sonny for my Rig Box today.  He estimates time to shipping at about 15 weeks.  I assume they could run into problems and it would be longer, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Regardless, it's a long time to wait, but I think I'll be happy with the purchase in the end.

I could make some sacrifices and afford to pay off the loan without income from bitcoins, but it'd sure be a repetitive kick in the nuts for a few years.

The only reason I feel ok taking this kind of risk is that my wife agreed to be supportive even though she finds it very scary.  If it turns into a disaster, she agreed to look at it as a joint decision and not play the blame game.

vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
Lol as far as I know they arent sending out any!

You guys are kind of ridiculous. I know a guy with a 30Gh mining farm who doesn't have an account on the forums.

Why do you assume that if 100 people don't all post at once that no one is getting singles?

With all due respect, I think it was YOU who said that their first batch is entirely sold out (and, by implication, now they have to wait till they receive batch #2 from China).
So, if someone draws the conclusion that for the next few weeks, no one is getting singles, I cannot blame them, because I arrived at the very same conclusion (without publicly crying a river, however).

Hi Inspector 2211,

If you look back I edited my post to say "Rig Boxes" and not singles. That was my fault.

Best,
gigavps
Activity: 348

You guys are kind of ridiculous. I know a guy with a 30Gh mining farm who doesn't have an account on the forums.

Why do you assume that if 100 people don't all post at once that no one is getting singles?

With all due respect, I think it was YOU who said that their first batch is entirely sold out (and, by implication, now they have to wait till they receive batch #2 from China).
So, if someone draws the conclusion that for the next few weeks, no one is getting singles, I cannot blame them, because I arrived at the very same conclusion (without publicly crying a river, however).
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
These FPGA boxes are cool, but has anyone here considered the impact to their mining business when the mining reward is cut in half?  That's happening later this year at current mining rates.  At that point if you're currently making say 1 BTC/day, you'd suddenly be making 0.5 BTC/day for the same hash rate.

See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/were-30300-blocks-from-the-reward-drop-67387

Nope.  WTF the reward is going to be cut in half?  Why didn't anyone tell me.
... every 4 years Tongue
(every 210,000 blocks)
Though I presume your reply was not meant to be taken seriously?
legendary
This is not OK.
Careful Giga, some people don't like people 'thinking' or having 'thoughts'.

Damned thinkers, think they think things.  Angry
vip
These FPGA boxes are cool, but has anyone here considered the impact to their mining business when the mining reward is cut in half?  That's happening later this year at current mining rates.  At that point if you're currently making say 1 BTC/day, you'd suddenly be making 0.5 BTC/day for the same hash rate.

See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/were-30300-blocks-from-the-reward-drop-67387

Hmmmm. Maybe you should think some more about this before posting.

I could be wrong, but the WHOLE POINT of more efficient miners is to be able to make money when events like the halving of the subsidy happen.

Just a thought though.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

Nope.  WTF the reward is going to be cut in half?  Why didn't anyone tell me.
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
These FPGA boxes are cool, but has anyone here considered the impact to their mining business when the mining reward is cut in half?  That's happening later this year at current mining rates.  At that point if you're currently making say 1 BTC/day, you'd suddenly be making 0.5 BTC/day for the same hash rate.

Activity: 350

Then you're wrong. My second box is currently in transit.
legendary
This is not OK.
Thinking of ordering a couple more...  Undecided
vip
can you use pocblm gui with the singles?

No. cgminer or ufasoft.

I would recommend cgminer.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
can you use pocblm gui with the singles?
vip

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Activity: 308
Pages:
Jump to: