Author

Topic: Buy altcoins or not? - page 122. (Read 260558 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
October 16, 2017, 03:00:42 AM
Should we invest in altcoins?and why?which is better altcoins or equity shares?

I started investing in crypto currencies two months ago. Firstly, before I invested, my idea was to only invest in BTC and ETH, but when I saw all the other low priced altcoins i thought wouldn't it be better to invest on those low price, which could go pretty easily x2 or x5 or even x10 in no time at all. So a good percentage of my portfolio was (and still is) altcoins, with which I'm now in loss. And I don't want to sell them now, the only thing that could save me at the  end is to hold them for long term, because thankfully I invested in projects that could have a really bright future and could easily get mass adopted.

So let's say with altcoins, short term I didn't gain much, but the rest of portfolio that stayed in BTC and ETH and in pretty big plus.

My advice, invest only in altcoins that have great team and project and that you think might have great future, but let that be no more then 50% of your portfolio.
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
October 16, 2017, 02:44:39 AM
if I still buy altcoin only, because the price is too down drastically Smiley
hopefully altcoin can rise again

It went down drastically because of the coming hard fork maybe after this altcoins will party and those who bought and take advantage of the dumping will be happy and get their reward.
Activity: 891
Merit: 500
October 16, 2017, 02:41:03 AM
there is no reason why not to buy altcoins. Around this time, aka pre-bitcoin fork time, altcoins are kinda in a bad place because of either of the two reasons:
1) bitcoin is rising, so the price of the other altcoins is getting lower.
or
2) people are selling altcoins to buy bitcoin before the fork

whatever the reason may be for the altcoin price drop, we will know after the fork. But alcoins are going to stay around, at least some of them
People should be purchasing coins that they want to have even if the coin doesn't make them that much money because they will allow more legit coins to flourish.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
October 14, 2017, 02:55:06 PM
I think you can buy altcoins. the value of the altcoins has dropped too
the right time to invest
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
October 14, 2017, 02:38:41 PM
It is very difficult with those coins. The biggest profit I had with bitcoin so far and all investments in altcoins are going down. Have a look to coinmarketcap, and you see what I mean. Of course you can be lucky, but you cannot buy any coin....
Activity: 322
October 14, 2017, 02:34:14 PM
Its not that bad to invest in altcoins. Its a matter of a good price and a good market. And also the potential of the altcoin to be successful I think that's what you need to know before you buy one.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
October 14, 2017, 02:26:04 PM
At the moment it is hard to say, everyone sells alts for the fork so they get free coins, those coins will flow back to alts eventually.
If the question is simply i think buying altcoins or not then I will also encourage everyone to spend money in the popular ones as they all have bright future and can give us grand profits. If we talk about the best investment among the cryptocurrencies then it must be bitcoin. Spending money on this alone can give more profit than spending money on ten different altcoins.
Activity: 33
October 13, 2017, 07:27:47 AM
Altcoins are like penny stocks. They can rise significantly or go to zero. So, buy altcoins or not depends on your risk tolerance.

Thanks for your advice.
Activity: 98
October 13, 2017, 07:03:02 AM
there is no reason why not to buy altcoins. Around this time, aka pre-bitcoin fork time, altcoins are kinda in a bad place because of either of the two reasons:
1) bitcoin is rising, so the price of the other altcoins is getting lower.
or
2) people are selling altcoins to buy bitcoin before the fork

whatever the reason may be for the altcoin price drop, we will know after the fork. But alcoins are going to stay around, at least some of them
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
October 13, 2017, 06:56:43 AM
I also still buying altcoins because I know that all crypto currency have a possibility to increase again. However, I was worried because segwit2 had possible to happen again. I think it is give again another large impact to crypto currency society. I hope that this coming hardfork bitcoin community was still continue to function.
Activity: 24
October 13, 2017, 06:42:21 AM
If altcoin is falling you should buy it, because every coin will sometimes fall and rise. Its a risk i know but its worth to spend it. Don't invest all in just a small amount to begin with.

You can then learn if the coin is trusted so you can invest once again in the future to it.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
October 13, 2017, 06:32:28 AM
Activity: 97
ETHEREUM BULLISH
October 13, 2017, 06:29:04 AM
Some altcoins are at strong support line now. I guess this kind of alts should be bought now. What do you think?
i totally agree ! I just invested in EOS-ETH and ICN ETH when both were at the bottom  Smiley might go a bit lower but the support line is strong for weeks. and its just the lowest we've seen, in my idea this could be a x2 or x3 right after the fork also with a Growing ETH that time for sure  Cheesy
Activity: 308
October 13, 2017, 06:16:53 AM
Altcoins are cryptocurrency which is more valuable than a equity shares.Equity  means the ownership,equity share means the person who afforded for the company as a partner.Return from equity depends to the profit or loss of that particular company.In this there is a possibility of decry value of shares sometimes it may profit but the return is only up to there percentage of share only, if it's loss then the value sometimes abate up to ''0''.But in case of bitcoin there is no renege in to ''0'' value so it means bitcoin is more safer than equity.
Activity: 488
Merit: 322
October 13, 2017, 05:05:24 AM
At the moment it is hard to say, everyone sells alts for the fork so they get free coins, those coins will flow back to alts eventually.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
October 13, 2017, 04:44:46 AM
Everybody gets Inn for the free hardfork coins. Altcoins are suffering but one of the Altcoins that will go up at the end of the month is Decent. look at the official Decent Twitter page.
Activity: 280
October 13, 2017, 04:32:03 AM
I decided to invest all my BTC in altcoins, because I believe after the Bitcoin fork most of the alts will go up rapidly.

This! As soon as the snapshot for the fork happened, the first users may want to sell their BTC (and Bitcoin gold maybe too) and invest it in cheap alts. This should drive altcoin prices and lower bitcoin price.
Activity: 657
October 13, 2017, 04:21:10 AM
Alt coin is always awesome and alt coin future is spread day by day. I involved 2years ago with alt coin platform now i earn huge amount of money.Alt coin is my life and it is blessing for me.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 13, 2017, 04:13:56 AM
Despite the fact that almost all the altokoyi go down to the bottom. Now is not the best time to buy. While the storm with bitcoin is raging, the market is extremely unstable. Yes, there is volatility, but there is a high risk of losing. In the current market it is better to enter very short purchases.

Right. These times, i'd prefer to be safe and not deal with any trading and altcoins until roughly november when everythinga settles down. Holding at this point would be the best option for me instead of risking it with altcoins
copper member
Activity: 25
October 13, 2017, 04:09:15 AM
To be or not to be  Grin The problem is choosing which altcoin is most promising and will bring more return.
Jump to: