Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 333. (Read 108583 times)

Activity: 2282
Merit: 560
_""""Duelbits""""_
December 01, 2023, 12:18:58 PM
You can never survive investing with Altcoins. Altcoins are not long-term holdings because the altcoin market is always bearish. Investing in Altcoins always has a high chance of losing 100% of your wealth. Among them are coins like FTX, Luna and many others that have completely disappeared from the market. And the wealth of thousands of people has turned into zero balance. So it is better to stay away from Altcoin investment.
That's true and sometimes some people only use altcoins to increase the amount of Bitcoin they have in their wallet because some people are already happy with Bitcoin and are also happy with Bitcoin investments. Then the profits from other things from the crypto market will be turned back into Bitcoin so that the amount of investment will also increase over time, so we also have to have ways to utilize less useful things like altcoins in order to increase the actual goals we want.
That would be a little more naive i think because after all, with methods like that. It will disrupt your original plan, especially if the focus is on bitcoin.
I mean when the focus is on bitcoin then it is better to focus on that goal because if in the end there is a switch and do in altcoins with the hope that the profits can be moved to bitcoin even though the intention is good but the method is wrong.
The altcoin situation is more bloody and the risk is very large if forced so instead of doing things that have a greater risk like that why not focus on just one place, namely bitcoin. I will not prohibit anyone from being in bitcoin but think carefully because we don't have to do gambling in the hope that altcoins can provide more benefits in order to be in bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 272
December 01, 2023, 12:09:56 PM

Do you really feel you can make investment with the intention of losing the money? If you have the conviction that you will lose the money, it should not be called investment but gambling. I have come to realise that the phrase "what you can afford to lose" may not be right for investment especially an asset like Bitcoin that we do not have record of anyone, who treat it as investment, losing money. So I think the right way to put it is to invest what one does not have urgent need of such that the investment can be held for long without affecting the investors living condition and basic needs. I got wind of this new twist after observing several deliberations in this thread and others and I have come to the conclusion that many people urging people to only invest what they can afford to lose, does not even have any money they are willing to lose.
Those who have the mindset of holding Bitcoin are never afraid of loses because Bitcoin has this unique way of bouncing back even after prolonged down trend. So far, Bitcoin have consistently proved them right that loses in Bitcoin is more pronounced for short term holders.
I think people usually use the term invest what you can afford to lose in Bitcoin investment because, Bitcoin is an investment. Just like every other investment Bitcoin is also associated with it's own risk. You know there is no investment in this life that doesn't have it's own risk. The higher the risk the higher the ROI. That Bitcoin has continually bounced back from every dip doesn't eliminate the investment risk associated with it.
Activity: 518
Merit: 509
December 01, 2023, 09:12:59 AM
Many say invest what you can afford to lose. So after family expenses from your income, if some amount of money is better to invest in bitcoins in DCA method. But it is best to invest in different sectors not only in Bitcoin. Which I am currently investing some amount of my income in bitcoins and also investing in different sectors. Even if my entire Bitcoin investment were to suffer a loss, I would not be financially broke.

Well I will talk on the aspect of invest what you can afford to loose , I think this  doesn't even hold only in investment but aswell as trading And that's  not the purpose of this post though Tongue.
Do you really feel you can make investment with the intention of losing the money? If you have the conviction that you will lose the money, it should not be called investment but gambling. I have come to realise that the phrase "what you can afford to lose" may not be right for investment especially an asset like Bitcoin that we do not have record of anyone, who treat it as investment, losing money. So I think the right way to put it is to invest what one does not have urgent need of such that the investment can be held for long without affecting the investors living condition and basic needs. I got wind of this new twist after observing several deliberations in this thread and others and I have come to the conclusion that many people urging people to only invest what they can afford to lose, does not even have any money they are willing to lose.

Those who have the mindset of holding Bitcoin are never afraid of loses because Bitcoin has this unique way of bouncing back even after prolonged down trend. So far, Bitcoin have consistently proved them right that loses in Bitcoin is more pronounced for short term holders.
Activity: 364
Merit: 218
Keep Promises !
December 01, 2023, 06:10:33 AM
Many say invest what you can afford to lose. So after family expenses from your income, if some amount of money is better to invest in bitcoins in DCA method. But it is best to invest in different sectors not only in Bitcoin. Which I am currently investing some amount of my income in bitcoins and also investing in different sectors. Even if my entire Bitcoin investment were to suffer a loss, I would not be financially broke.

Well I will talk on the aspect of invest what you can afford to loose , I think this  doesn't even hold only in investment but aswell as trading And that's  not the purpose of this post though Tongue.

However, the best practice is to invest what you can afford to lose right??  In the case of Btc, its an apex coin so you can expect it to crash drastically over night even if there's a crash , there's always a little profit to settle with comparing to your entry and the amount invested, but it's good to just think it that way  besides investment needs follow up so you can always determine the point opt out of investment.  Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 299
December 01, 2023, 02:53:35 AM

I doubt that you are wrong about anything that you are saying, yet at the same time you are describing matters a bit strange in terms of possible rules that might apply regarding what any person might choose to do, when s/he is actually under full discretion to do whatever s/he wants to do including trying to follow strict forms of DCA or to tailor some kinds of DCA to his/her own circumstances, and or to bounce between Lump sum investing, buying on dips, DCA and HODL.

So some of us might suggest: Why don't you just stick with DCA until you get to a certain amount of BTC that represents a whole year of your salary/ yearly expenses, and then rethink the matter after that?  Others might say that is too strict, and maybe just follow DCA for a whole year and then rethink that matter after that.  Others might consider that they are not going to feel good  to employ DCA because they had injected a lump sums at four points of their BTC investment journey (1) right at the beginning of their getting into BTC, 2) 3 months after DCAing  3) 9 months into the investment and then 4) 15 months after starting the investment journey. 

So in that case, the person may have been DCAing the whole time, but also influenced by the DCA choices, and was motivated to set up some funds for buying on dips... or maybe to modify the amounts that the were DCA'ing in order to save 1/3 of their available cash to hold aside for buying on dips and the other 2/3 would be put towards DCA.  Maybe I would just suggest that if you had used some word choices about best practices in regards to certain kinds of ways of combining different strategies, then you might have been better off than saying that there were rules, but even the idea of best practices kind of suggests that deviating from the supposed best practices would be deviating from rules. .

...and so maybe changing the language would really save you from the better ways of not really suggesting that anyone has to follow rules in order to do things right, but surely we might criticize anyone's approach if they call something DCA that really is not DCA because it is buying on dip or maybe structuring buys in ways that are within a kind of price prediction framework which might still kind of be DCA but seems to be a kind of buying on dip framework, which is not necessarily a bad thing.. including the slippery slopes that guys might end up getting into in terms of reducing their DCA by more and more and more as the BTC price goes up and then maybe they start to think about selling instead of buying, which may or may not be a good idea, but surely we would suggest that is both deviating from DCA but also taking buying on dip to another level that devolves into trading and maybe some other less preferable practices, even though again people can do whatever they like in the end, even though maybe some of us here are might be suggesting that they are not really even following better accumulation strategies, even though they might end up getting lucky and timing their sell and their buy back in such a way that does not end up screwing up their system.. so there are degrees, and probably many of us would still lecture those people for setting a bad example.. even though they can do what they want..
There are not a right or wrong way to invest in Bitcoin. It is important to explore different strategies...and find what work best for you. Everyone different mind so what works for one person may can not work for another.

I also understand that some people choose to put a lot of money into their investments at different times.This can give them more relax....and the chance to buy when prices are low. Combining this approach with regularly put money on time can work well for some peoples.

I like your suggestion of sticking with  DCA (Dollar Cost Averaging) until you have a amount of Bitcoin that represents a year salary or expenses....this is a good approach that can make you feel more secure. May be some people may find it too strict and may prefer to change their strategy after a year of DCA ( with their own minds).

And...it is important to remember that there are no set rules when it comes to investing.The most important thing is to find a strategy that fits with your goals how much risk you can bear...and your financial situation.
Merit: 224
stead.builders
December 01, 2023, 02:50:06 AM
Basically Bitcoin needs plan. And in my point of view anyone has Bitcoin or he is buying with DCA method so I think he should never sell all the Bitcoins at once. He always hold some amount of Bitcoins. And if anyone will believe on Bitcoin and will Hold for 4-10 years or even more so definitely Bitcoin will give benifits of his/her believing.
It's not a guarantee that hodling bitcoin for years will prevent its price from falling to a point where it's affordable to purchase during a bear market since the bear market serves as an opportunity to buy Bitcoin at a low price.
I agree with you that holding Bitcoin for years will not prevent the price of Bitcoin from not falling, but hodling Bitcoin for years will play an important role in your Bitcoin hodling because there will be a time when Bitcoin price will never fall below $50k, and if you are still hodling your Bitcoin till that time you will not have to buy Bitcoin on a high price. But if you sell your Bitcoin before that time and you want to buy it again, you will have to spend a good fortune before you can accumulate a reasonable quantity of Bitcoin because the price of Bitcoin will be excessively high.
Activity: 350
Merit: 218
Catalog Websites
December 01, 2023, 02:05:23 AM
There are many new members who are very interested in investing in Bitcoin but they don't have enough money to invest so they can't invest in Bitcoin. Even if there is no money to invest, many manage money to invest in different ways. I've heard stories of investors who sold their bicycles and invested in bitcoins, others saved tuition fees or semester money and invested in bitcoins instead of paying for tours.  
Those who invest in bitcoins, rather than saving money for their tuition fees, saving semester money, and fulfilling their hobby, have enough faith and trust in their investment.  

Now maybe a guy is investing in Bitcoin instead of buying a bike with money that he could have bought a bike with and plans to hold that investment deep. Now he may not be able to fulfill it all for a while but in the future when he will get a big profit from his investment but he will be able to buy a super bike instead of a bike.  

Patience is very important in investing, a small sacrifice should be accepted temporarily if the future is likely to be good. If an investor plans to hold the investment deep, I don't think he should wait for the market to go down, because deep investing will continue to do so.
You're right, I've heard stories like this, it happened to me too. Bitcoin is currently the most popular cryptocurrency. Those who get the first idea of ​​Bitcoin, become interested in investing in Bitcoin. I first heard about Bitcoin from a friend of mine. After gaining knowledge on Bitcoin, I became very interested in investing in Bitcoin. I didn't have any job then, I was doing tuition along with my studies. I was worried about how to invest in Bitcoin. But I saved money from tuition and invested in Bitcoin. I felt happy when I was able to invest in Bitcoin.

Many people become interested in investing in bitcoins without making an income. Before actually investing in Bitcoin, it is always better to find a source of income. Many say invest what you can afford to lose. So after family expenses from your income, if some amount of money is better to invest in bitcoins in DCA method. But it is best to invest in different sectors not only in Bitcoin. Which I am currently investing some amount of my income in bitcoins and also investing in different sectors. Even if my entire Bitcoin investment were to suffer a loss, I would not be financially broke.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 370
December 01, 2023, 12:38:53 AM
In that context, I believe people will accumulate Bitcoin when the market is down and they will buy aggressively at that time.  That's quite a good thing if you have a bigger budget. But as beginners, maybe we will start investing with varying levels of our financial strength to our goals in 1 year or 2 years. Patience is the key and playing buying and selling and buying and holding tactics is up to each individual.
For sure, people would invest in Bitcoin aggressively when the crypto market is down but are they going to wait until that time comes before they invest, even when we don't know whether the $35k is the limit price bitcoin can fall to before it moves higher in price before the bull run season.
Thank goodness, for I am not among those who want to wait when the market is down before they invest. For me, I am investing the little money I have in a DCA approach

What I noticed is that some people don't invest in Bitcoin at all, either because they don't have the money to invest at that moment when the price is still low or because they don't fully have knowledge about investing in Bitcoin. Whoever is experienced in the Bitcoin space would know that even with the current price of Bitcoin, it's a low price compared to the previous ATH of Bitcoin in the last bull market, and now is the time that we are again matching close to the Bitcoin halving season, which will likely give rise to a bull market. No one can accurately be sure if the price of Bitcoin will dip below the current price, and that's why when you hear, "Buy the dip," you should buy the very dip you are seeing at that moment. Even if you are hoping to see a very low price, you can still use DCA to buy some fractions, so that if the price doesn't drop further, you will not get disappointed.
There are many new members who are very interested in investing in Bitcoin but they don't have enough money to invest so they can't invest in Bitcoin. Even if there is no money to invest, many manage money to invest in different ways. I've heard stories of investors who sold their bicycles and invested in bitcoins, others saved tuition fees or semester money and invested in bitcoins instead of paying for tours.  
Those who invest in bitcoins, rather than saving money for their tuition fees, saving semester money, and fulfilling their hobby, have enough faith and trust in their investment.  

Now maybe a guy is investing in Bitcoin instead of buying a bike with money that he could have bought a bike with and plans to hold that investment deep. Now he may not be able to fulfill it all for a while but in the future when he will get a big profit from his investment but he will be able to buy a super bike instead of a bike.  

Patience is very important in investing, a small sacrifice should be accepted temporarily if the future is likely to be good. If an investor plans to hold the investment deep, I don't think he should wait for the market to go down, because deep investing will continue to do so.
Activity: 672
Merit: 337
November 30, 2023, 11:37:09 PM
Yeah actually let me try if I can answer your question, so however first you need to understand the word diversification  it means expanding or enlarging your investment to some other things, but however chosen altcoins to invest could also be known as diversification because irrespective of there general name which is crytocurrency but they have different sub names, but however I would not advised you to invest on altcoins as a diversification because they are not worth it.

If you are looking for were to diversify some of your investment, altcoins shouldn't be an option or perhaps you could just stick to only on Bitcoin.
The expanded understanding of investment that you say sounds quite good and also very profitable, but because the direction of the advice can also be related to altcoins, I would prefer to use altcoins to trade in the short term or daily because the profits I can get from altcoins can also I converted it to Bitcoin so that my number of Bitcoins can continue to increase because my focus is actually only Bitcoin, not altcoins whose potential is very uncertain at various moments.
We often plan but things don't go according to plan. Turns out we planned one thing and something different happened to us. It sounds great that buying alt coins and selling them at a higher price means you're investing in Bitcoin, but it might be the opposite of what you think. Suppose you buy ALT Coins in short term plan and after purchase you lose much more than you expected instead of profit but you cannot sell ALT Coins at loss and also you cannot invest Bitcoin. I think we should invest in Bitcoin directly without thinking so much. The profit you think you made with ALT Coins you make directly with Bitcoin and it will be safe for you. I don't think it is safe at all to buy ALT coins in hopes of making some profit. Bitcoin is the most reliable digital currency so trust Bitcoin, buy Bitcoin, hold that Bitcoin deep and you are worry free. Since there is no fixed investment level, you can increase your investment anytime you want, so buying Bitcoin will be a good decision for you.

This has been very clear for a long time, mate, there are even thousands of altcoins that have died and disappeared from the market, so this has made Bitcoin a very clear investment direction and also very profitable because it will not experience bad things like what happened to you. There are many altcoins and other shitcoins in the market.
If we are in a dilemma about which coin to invest in, whether it's thinking about investing, thinking about Bitcoin, thinking about ALT coins, then we have to understand that we have very little idea about everything. It is easy to decide where to invest even for those who have minimal understanding of the market. If there was only one option to invest that must be to invest in ALT coin then it is a different matter but where there are options to invest in Bitcoin it is definitely foolish to think of investing in other coins in the market. If you have love for your money and don't want to lose your money, you must invest in Bitcoin and if you expect something good from the investment, you must keep the investment for a long time.

You can never survive investing with Altcoins. Altcoins are not long-term holdings because the altcoin market is always bearish. Investing in Altcoins always has a high chance of losing 100% of your wealth. Among them are coins like FTX, Luna and many others that have completely disappeared from the market. And the wealth of thousands of people has turned into zero balance. So it is better to stay away from Altcoin investment.
That's true and sometimes some people only use altcoins to increase the amount of Bitcoin they have in their wallet because some people are already happy with Bitcoin and are also happy with Bitcoin investments. Then the profits from other things from the crypto market will be turned back into Bitcoin so that the amount of investment will also increase over time, so we also have to have ways to utilize less useful things like altcoins in order to increase the actual goals we want.
There are many ways to make your bitcoin investment rich, where there are many ways to make your investment rich why should we invest in ALT coins to ensure maximum risk of our money. Investing in ALT coins where there is doubt about getting a return on that investment how do you expect to invest in Bitcoin with a portion of the profit you get from that investment. Make investing easy without looking so hard Investing in Bitcoin for the long term makes it so easy that you don't need to look at investing so hard. If you plan to hold Bitcoin for a long time, you can buy Bitcoins with any amount of money at any time in the market because there is always an opportunity to increase the amount of investment.

Altcoins are always risky especially for long-term investments. Because in my opinion FTX, Luna Coin etc. have completely disappeared from the market, this is the biggest proof that AltCoin is definitely a risky investment.

Investing in Bitcoin allows you to invest freely because the investment depends on you. It is best to hold the amount of money you buy Bitcoin for a long time. Investing in Bitcoin will reduce your risk because it is a trusted coin, which has been in the market for a long time and its high momentum attracts investors the most.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
November 30, 2023, 10:58:10 PM
[edited out]
You are very correct on this. The DCA method can be combined with buying the dip to give fantastic results. There is no harm in trying something new as long as it is aimed at accumulating more Bitcoin in a more efficient way. I am not ignoring the discipline that the DCA method requires. Buying the dip while still doing the DCA method does not violate any of the rules or requirements of each of them.

I doubt that you are wrong about anything that you are saying, yet at the same time you are describing matters a bit strange in terms of possible rules that might apply regarding what any person might choose to do, when s/he is actually under full discretion to do whatever s/he wants to do including trying to follow strict forms of DCA or to tailor some kinds of DCA to his/her own circumstances, and or to bounce between Lump sum investing, buying on dips, DCA and HODL.

So some of us might suggest: Why don't you just stick with DCA until you get to a certain amount of BTC that represents a whole year of your salary/ yearly expenses, and then rethink the matter after that?  Others might say that is too strict, and maybe just follow DCA for a whole year and then rethink that matter after that.  Others might consider that they are not going to feel good  to employ DCA because they had injected a lump sums at four points of their BTC investment journey (1) right at the beginning of their getting into BTC, 2) 3 months after DCAing  3) 9 months into the investment and then 4) 15 months after starting the investment journey. 

So in that case, the person may have been DCAing the whole time, but also influenced by the DCA choices, and was motivated to set up some funds for buying on dips... or maybe to modify the amounts that the were DCA'ing in order to save 1/3 of their available cash to hold aside for buying on dips and the other 2/3 would be put towards DCA.  Maybe I would just suggest that if you had used some word choices about best practices in regards to certain kinds of ways of combining different strategies, then you might have been better off than saying that there were rules, but even the idea of best practices kind of suggests that deviating from the supposed best practices would be deviating from rules. .

...and so maybe changing the language would really save you from the better ways of not really suggesting that anyone has to follow rules in order to do things right, but surely we might criticize anyone's approach if they call something DCA that really is not DCA because it is buying on dip or maybe structuring buys in ways that are within a kind of price prediction framework which might still kind of be DCA but seems to be a kind of buying on dip framework, which is not necessarily a bad thing.. including the slippery slopes that guys might end up getting into in terms of reducing their DCA by more and more and more as the BTC price goes up and then maybe they start to think about selling instead of buying, which may or may not be a good idea, but surely we would suggest that is both deviating from DCA but also taking buying on dip to another level that devolves into trading and maybe some other less preferable practices, even though again people can do whatever they like in the end, even though maybe some of us here are might be suggesting that they are not really even following better accumulation strategies, even though they might end up getting lucky and timing their sell and their buy back in such a way that does not end up screwing up their system.. so there are degrees, and probably many of us would still lecture those people for setting a bad example.. even though they can do what they want..

Base on your comment, I will also device means of adding to my holding before the end of the year because the prices is not showing any sign of slowing down soon. Like you said, when the fund is there, what is the essence of keeping it in the bank!

That would be a good example of choosing not to overly prepare for buying on dips, since holding some money aside might be considered as a means to prepare for buying on dips, and surely sometimes, we might be considering how much do we want to hold for buying on dips, and so at some point, for example, we might tell our selves that based on our own particulars, it is o.k. to have $600 set aside for buying on dips because "I already have it set for certain price points", but then maybe if the buying on the dip fund ends up getting up to $1k, then that is too much to be holding in reserves, so I am not going to wait for a dip for all of that, and I am going to spend $300 of it within the next two week to buy BTC and the other $100 I will just let that amount float in a kind of in-between (or a flexible) status.
Activity: 812
Merit: 349
November 30, 2023, 06:59:12 PM
Basically Bitcoin needs plan. And in my point of view anyone has Bitcoin or he is buying with DCA method so I think he should never sell all the Bitcoins at once. He always hold some amount of Bitcoins. And if anyone will believe on Bitcoin and will Hold for 4-10 years or even more so definitely Bitcoin will give benifits of his/her believing.
It's wise counsel for anyone considering selling all of their bitcoin to hold off on doing so by keeping some. However consider this, someone might decide to sell all of their bitcoin at a high price at once and wait for a bear market to occur when the price of bitcoin drops, at which point they could buy some bitcoin to hodl until the next bull run starts.

All of us, however, have our own strategies for accumulating and selling our bitcoin holdings whenever it is appropriate for us. It's not a guarantee that hodling bitcoin for years will prevent its price from falling to a point where it's affordable to purchase during a bear market since the bear market serves as an opportunity to buy bitcoin at a low price.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 627
November 30, 2023, 04:59:51 PM
What I noticed is that some people don't invest in Bitcoin at all, either because they don't have the money to invest at that moment when the price is still low or because they don't fully have knowledge about investing in Bitcoin. Whoever is experienced in the Bitcoin space would know that even with the current price of Bitcoin, it's a low price compared to the previous ATH of Bitcoin in the last bull market, and now is the time that we are again matching close to the Bitcoin halving season, which will likely give rise to a bull market. No one can accurately be sure if the price of Bitcoin will dip below the current price, and that's why when you hear, "Buy the dip," you should buy the very dip you are seeing at that moment. Even if you are hoping to see a very low price, you can still use DCA to buy some fractions, so that if the price doesn't drop further, you will not get disappointed.
Sometimes people don't understand what Bitcoin is and they don't learn to understand it. If they are truly involved in Bitcoin, of course they will invest in Bitcoin. Op has provided an overview of continuing to accumulate Bitcoin and hold them. And that's why we have to look at the long-term prospects of Bitcoin investment. Over the last few years Bitcoin has grown quite strongly with mass adoption and with a limited supply it will provide a fact that when buyers increase and holders increase then the price will rise significantly. So for that moment we have to prepare ourselves by buying on dips and holding in the long term.

Many people regret delaying purchases because sometimes they think prices will fall again but in reality prices continue to rise when compared with prices at the end of last year and today prices. Bitcoin in June or July was under $30k and stayed there for quite a long time and that's why we have to take advantage of the situation to buy regularly. And at today price Bitcoin is trading at $37k that's a quick profit if you have to measure quickly.
Activity: 826
Merit: 562
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
November 30, 2023, 02:30:21 PM
trading is one of the most common place where people makes profits
Only few traders make profit from trading and moreover this thread is a bitcoin accumulation thread and not trading because trading can't be taken as a full-time job. Beginners and low coiners don't need to think about trading but how to increase their bitcoin portfolio to their bitcoin target through regular DCA.

But know it that gambling can never be equated as trading because gambling is more of probability and chance based game instead of trading
You might be right, but I see them as similar thing because no one can predict bitcoin price movement accurately and trading is very complex. Most people hump into trading without understanding a dime of it as same with gambling because they fill that they can make quick profit from them. They both have high risks.

If after investing we become restless and worried about our investment due to the volatility of the market, it is difficult for us to hold the investment for a long time.
This is the reason why you are only to invest with only the amount that you can afford to lose to eliminate the fear in you. Also using DCA strategy will lower the risk of investing.

In such situation, what will happen to the bitcoins that you've hodl, like isn't the dip gonna affect the bitcoins?
The dip is not going to affect the bitcoin in your wallet, but it will only affect the value of bitcoin because 1btc = 1btc.
This is why you should take advantage of the dip and buy in discount price so that when the value of bitcoin increases, it will favor you.

But if peradventure bitcoins reaches it's speculated ATH does it mean that one can possibly stop buying and holdling or continue because I feel that if Bitcoin should reach ATH then investors may no longer be interested in buying and holdling since the price wouldn't go any further higher again.
Have you ever thought that no matter how high the price of bitcoin is there are always people that are ready to buy bitcoin, if not nobody will buy bitcoin at ATH and how will those people that love selling will sell, if there is no buy. Apart from profit you should also see that bitcoin is an hedge to inflation and a store of value. Maybe this is also worth buying bitcoin at any price level instead of leaving your funds in fiat for it to depreciate.

For me, I don't think there is any need to divide the money for investment into 3, because if you want to invest in an investment, you should put in mind that you are about to risk what you can afford to lose. But if, by any means, you know that you don't want to lose anything in an investment, then there is no need for you to invest.
Because you don't like it doesn't mean that it is not effective. As a matter of fact, any investor using these three strategies will be able to accumulate more bitcoin than someone using only one accumulation strategy. It will also give you a better experience on how to tweak with the market base on your present cash inflow and your bitcoin portfolio size. A beginner can start with DCA method of accumulation but after 2yrs he can change to other methods, it is good to change tactics of buying.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
November 30, 2023, 02:21:11 PM
-snip-
You are very correct on this. The DCA method can be combined with buying the dip to give fantastic results. There is no harm in trying something new as long as it is aimed at accumulating more Bitcoin in a more efficient way. I am not ignoring the discipline that the DCA method requires. Buying the dip while still doing the DCA method does not violate any of the rules or requirements of each of them.

Base on your comment, I will also device means of adding to my holding before the end of the year because the prices is not showing any sign of slowing down soon. Like you said, when the fund is there, what is the essence of keeping it in the bank!
Yep, I like hearing that and I agree that you understand very well how much loss someone will have who chooses to keep their budget in the bank. I haven't kept fiat in the bank for too long, it was a bad idea for me.

Buying dip and dca is an option, that's because you can buy a lump sum on the dip. No matter how disciplined you are in your investment strategy, the point is to buy and hold until your target is achieved. I buy dip and dca on many occasions, but I also buy lump sums in certain circumstances such as when bitcoin gets a dump of more than 10%. It's just a rare opportunity that you need to take advantage of in investing.
Activity: 658
Merit: 524
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
November 30, 2023, 01:13:45 PM
In that context, I believe people will accumulate Bitcoin when the market is down and they will buy aggressively at that time.  That's quite a good thing if you have a bigger budget. But as beginners, maybe we will start investing with varying levels of our financial strength to our goals in 1 year or 2 years. Patience is the key and playing buying and selling and buying and holding tactics is up to each individual.
For sure, people would invest in Bitcoin aggressively when the crypto market is down but are they going to wait until that time comes before they invest, even when we don't know whether the $35k is the limit price bitcoin can fall to before it moves higher in price before the bull run season.
Thank goodness, for I am not among those who want to wait when the market is down before they invest. For me, I am investing the little money I have in a DCA approach

Activity: 518
Merit: 509
November 30, 2023, 12:56:33 PM
At the end, this boils down to what one is comfortable with and this makes the argument not a big deal. But truth be told, the comparison and arguments has enable many people to see beyond what they knew before by using points raised by others and their experiences to compare the advantages and disadvantages of the various methods.

When I learnt about the DCA method, I fell in love with it and started applying it until I realised I have not gotten the quantity of Bitcoin I planned getting before the end of this year. The DCA method may help but I feel as we move towards the end of the year, prices might begin to rise and this will reduce the quantity of Bitcoin I could get. By asking myself what will be the essence of holding the money when I could just put it in when I see a decent price. So I made some adjustment which is buying more using instant buy while still maintaining my DCA amount even up to this moment. This change of style was inspired by a discussion here where some people confirm that they were combining the DCA method and buying the dip. So I tried it and it worked for me.

Activity: 448
Merit: 301
November 30, 2023, 12:29:33 PM
The topic has become a debate of buy the DIP vs. DCA, but it won't truly matter what you "must do". You just do what you want to do or what you're comfortable doing. Plus how you buy will never be as important as what you do after it, which is HODL. If you can't HODL and have a low time preference for Bitcoin, then you have already failed.

Ask yourself, why are central bankers offended by the existence of Bitcoin like it's a declaration of war against them? I honestly don't know why, but if they really hate it and discourage people from owning it, then it's probably doing something right.
At the end, this boils down to what one is comfortable with and this makes the argument not a big deal. But truth be told, the comparison and arguments has enable many people to see beyond what they knew before by using points raised by others and their experiences to compare the advantages and disadvantages of the various methods.

When I learnt about the DCA method, I fell in love with it and started applying it until I realised I have not gotten the quantity of Bitcoin I planned getting before the end of this year. The DCA method may help but I feel as we move towards the end of the year, prices might begin to rise and this will reduce the quantity of Bitcoin I could get. By asking myself what will be the essence of holding the money when I could just put it in when I see a decent price. So I made some adjustment which is buying more using instant buy while still maintaining my DCA amount even up to this moment. This change of style was inspired by a discussion here where some people confirm that they were combining the DCA method and buying the dip. So I tried it and it worked for me.
Merit: 224
stead.builders
November 30, 2023, 11:44:14 AM
In that context, I believe people will accumulate Bitcoin when the market is down and they will buy aggressively at that time.  That's quite a good thing if you have a bigger budget. But as beginners, maybe we will start investing with varying levels of our financial strength to our goals in 1 year or 2 years. Patience is the key and playing buying and selling and buying and holding tactics is up to each individual.
We can see how the Bitcoin price has been hovering around $36k to $38 for weeks now, and nobody knows if the Bitcoin price will fall below $36k in price. Instead of waiting for the Bitcoin price to fall before you can buy it, which might lead to missing out on Bitcoin because Bitcoin does not fall to the price of your entry point. You can divide your money into three and buy Bitcoin with the three strategies which are buying the Bitcoin dip, buying when the Bitcoin price is at its peak, and buying Bitcoin with the DCA strategy. When you use these three strategies to accumulate your Bitcoin and hold your Bitcoin for 4-10 years, you will see that Bitcoin will do good.
For me, I don't think there is any need to divide the money for investment into 3, because if you want to invest in an investment, you should put in mind that you are about to risk what you can afford to lose. But if, by any means, you know that you don't want to lose anything in an investment, then there is no need for you to invest.

Also, it is not a must to buy the dip, so I don't think there should be any need to wait for the dip before you can buy Bitcoin. As I don't really think that Bitcoin will drop back below $34k or more, so for me, I would say it is good to buy now (most people will say buy now or never) as Bitcoin is an opportunity that investors should take good advantage of, I don't see any reasons why they should wait for the dip before they buy.

Talking about the DCA, yeah, it's good to apply the DCAing strategy to Bitcoin investment by investing the little money you can after your all of your expenses and all the rest weekly, even if it's $10 per week and constantly do so for 4 to 10 years, as you have said (so, as we have 52 weeks in a year, let's multiply 52×10 (which is 10 years)=520, so it is still not UpTo $1000k).

However, as time goes on, within 4 to 10 years, the investor my get more money, so he might try to increase his investment rate (maybe $50 or $100 weekly).
There is a situation where you will find yourself, the need to divide your money into three equal parts in other to accumulate Bitcoin will be needed. For instance, if you want to buy Bitcoin at $36k, and the current price of Bitcoin is $40k, and all of a sudden the price of Bitcoin moves to $46k, instead of you waiting for the price to dip to $36k so that you can buy it. If you have enough money you can divide it into three equal parts so that you can use it for a lump sum buy, buy when there is a dip in Bitcoin price, and buy with the DCA strategy. Buying Bitcoin with these three strategies will help you not to miss out on Bitcoin because you are waiting to buy Bitcoin at a lower price.
Activity: 406
Merit: 268
November 30, 2023, 11:06:14 AM
The topic has become a debate of buy the DIP vs. DCA, but it won't truly matter what you "must do". You just do what you want to do or what you're comfortable doing. Plus how you buy will never be as important as what you do after it, which is HODL. If you can't HODL and have a low time preference for Bitcoin, then you have already failed.

Ask yourself, why are central bankers offended by the existence of Bitcoin like it's a declaration of war against them? I honestly don't know why, but if they really hate it and discourage people from owning it, then it's probably doing something right.
Your right because irrespective of our normal discussion about buying the Dip and Holding plus the DCA strategy what matters is the ability to buy Bitcoin because dip, holding and DCA are all intertwine, they all work together, so however those method and strategies are just stated as a guideline that give us the benefits of of seeing the method of investment in diverse ways that could help us adapt to any ways of accumulation of bitcoin in any particular situation or circumstances without being affected on the process.

So just like what you said, the most important is what you feel is okay for you in times of accumulation of Bitcoin through the use of the above strategies as guidelines on our investment journey.
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
November 30, 2023, 09:39:56 AM
It's obviously because Bitcoin has clearly achieved what central bankers struggle to do with fiat money. They discourage Bitcoin ownership to conceal their inability to safeguard people's funds. Bitcoin's perceived threat lies in its operation outside traditional financial systems, challenging established authorities and raising concerns about financial stability and regulatory control.

Certainly, if your approach to acquiring Bitcoin involves Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA) or any other method, the crucial aspect is the ability to withstand market dynamics for the long term. It's not merely about the method of acquisition but, more importantly, about the commitment to hodl through market fluctuations. Deviating from this commitment may lead one to transition from the realm of a long-term hodler, with a steadfast vision, into the category of a short-term hodler or trader. Success in the realm of a Bitcoiner often hinges on the resilience to adhere to a long-term perspective despite the continuous volatility of the market.
Jump to: