Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 83. (Read 77868 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 113
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 01, 2024, 05:08:37 AM
Taking profit from your Bitcoin investment is not something bad and worth debating since all purpose of investment is basically to get profit at the very end of investing. During this profit taking one should understand a simple terminology like this one, firstly who holds longer makes the best profits, then why collect profits too early if your goal as an investor is to make steady profits with your investment, taking some profits after separate cycles is not bad as per if the need for it occurs.
I can't agree with your statement because long-term investment in Bitcoin is not the only way to get profit. A lot of profit can be earned even by short term investment. Many times it is seen that many people invest in Bitcoin for a short period of time and earn a lot of profit. If you have a large amount of bitcoins you will be able to earn a lot of profit from bitcoins even with short term investments. Let me show you an example how to earn profit by investing large amount of Bitcoin in short term.

We looked at the crypto currency market in September 2023 when the price of Bitcoin was around $25,000 and if you bought 1 Bitcoin it would be twice (2x) what it is today. This clearly shows that this is not a long-term investment but an example of a short-term investment. If you were to invest in the DCA method at the same price at the same time let's say you would have invested $100 per week or month. Then the amount of your invested bitcoins would be 6 x 100 dollars in 6 months i.e. 600 dollars.

So if you have more amount of money then invest more amount of bitcoins and you will be able to earn more profit even if it is a short term investment.

I want to say you are not following DCA method, greed is working inside you and you have not invested. Those who once started investing in the DCA method are depositing their assets in Bitcoins from zero amount. Investing in Bitcoin over a long period of time can accumulate wealth as it is a regular investment. Some invest weekly and some invest monthly (according to their income), long term investment will start their right journey.  But you mentioned short term trading here, your idea is wrong because short term trading is more likely for you to lose. It is natural for Bitcoin prices to fluctuate more and more, so investing in the DCA method controls the average price of Bitcoin.
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
March 01, 2024, 04:34:28 AM
Taking profit from your Bitcoin investment is not something bad and worth debating since all purpose of investment is basically to get profit at the very end of investing. During this profit taking one should understand a simple terminology like this one, firstly who holds longer makes the best profits, then why collect profits too early if your goal as an investor is to make steady profits with your investment, taking some profits after separate cycles is not bad as per if the need for it occurs.
I can't agree with your statement because long-term investment in Bitcoin is not the only way to get profit. A lot of profit can be earned even by short term investment. Many times it is seen that many people invest in Bitcoin for a short period of time and earn a lot of profit. If you have a large amount of bitcoins you will be able to earn a lot of profit from bitcoins even with short term investments. Let me show you an example how to earn profit by investing large amount of Bitcoin in short term.

We looked at the crypto currency market in September 2023 when the price of Bitcoin was around $25,000 and if you bought 1 Bitcoin it would be twice (2x) what it is today. This clearly shows that this is not a long-term investment but an example of a short-term investment. If you were to invest in the DCA method at the same price at the same time let's say you would have invested $100 per week or month. Then the amount of your invested bitcoins would be 6 x 100 dollars in 6 months i.e. 600 dollars.

So if you have more amount of money then invest more amount of bitcoins and you will be able to earn more profit even if it is a short term investment.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
March 01, 2024, 02:19:38 AM
Pleased for everyone that is winning.

I'm still HFSP!

Still wouldn't change a thing Smiley

I am glad that you are happy for the bitcoiners, but what good does it do you to stick to your guns in regards to your purposeful failure/refusal to buy bitcoin?

And the big blocker nutjobs have just been shown to be disingenuine and/or disillusioned and you are happy with having had been in that camp, too?

Too late for Dca this bull run. Fat finger green button
No time is late to DCA, as long as your are not a short term investor. Any new investor that is investing in a long term can invest now even at 62k price. This is because his average bitcoin price in four years time will balanced, because you are buying bitcoin both at low price and high price, this is one of the advantages of DCA. As long as you don't stop buying, the bitcoin that you will buy during the bear market will cover up these ones that you are buying now and a higher price above this. This is why no new investor shoukd be discouraged on the high price of bitcoin, and thinks that he can no longer buy and make profit. From the historical price of bitcoin, it has been observed that as time passes on bitcoin price increases which make it a good reason for new investors to use DCA method mostly. Don't focus on the price but have a target and focus on your target because it is certain that you will be profitable in your bitcoin investment, if you hodli for more than 4-6yrs.

I always tell new investors to invest immediately they have the money because it is better you start early to grow your bitcoin investment portfolio than waiting, because you think that the price is on the high side. There is inflation everywhere, and if you are to buy, a bag of wheat for $400, and due to inflation, the price increased to $500, and you can afford to buy it, and on the other hand, you were told that the price of wheat will go below $400 in six months time, will you say that you will wait till six months time to buy at a lower price because it will be cheap then, when you know that wheat is what you want now. Same with bitcoin if you want to buy bitcoin now and you have the money, it is better to buy it than waiting, because you are investing for your future and everyone needs an investment to live a better life in the future after we must have retired. Taking action is the best way to be successful, and not waiting, because you don't know what will happen tomorrow.
agreed. but in terms of profiteering, I would suggest people also try to make use of the patterns established in previous bull/bear cycles

If you are brand new to bitcoin, you are probably in a better position to just keep buying for a whole cycle rather than trying to fuck around with supposed patterns of the previous cycle.  Once you get through a whole cycle, then you might be in a better position to try to play the cycles, but it still might not be a good idea to devolve into trading, but if you at least spend a sufficient amount of time accumulating BTC, then your position might help to inform you regarding what might be the better strategy going forward for the next cycle. 

There might be some circumstances in which guys might have had heavily front-loaded their investment in the last two years, and they might be in a position to attempt to play the patterns, but it still could be risky.. and this thread is not really about playing the patterns on the way up, at least not in terms of selling... so it could be quite ambiguous what to do, especially if you have already concluded that you do not have enough BTC, and you are thinking of selling BTC in order to accumulate more, that seems like a potentialy problematic strategy, if that might be what you are suggesting?

By the way, vokain since you have been registered on the forum since January 2012, have you been able to beat a strict BTC accumulation and hold strategy?  Do we need to show your numbers for something like a $10 per week for the past 12 years, you should be sitting quite pretty, no need to be accumulating more BTC.. but instead you are fucking around with trading and giving advice for guys here to trade?

In theory, you should have way better numbers than me, in terms of average cost per BTC, even if your stash (or the amount that you were able to spend) was a lot lower.  You have two years of headstart, and we have come to realize that in bitcoin, time in the market is way better than timing the market, especially if you were mostly erring on the side of BTC accumulation rather than getting distracted.

I am claiming to have $1k per BTC costs... in theory you should be able to have lower than that for your overall costs per BTC. So why would there be a need for you to play the patterns of the cycle? or to be suggesting that as a strategy? because historically it would not have been a good thing to do.  It would have been unnecessary, greedy and more likely to lead to losses.
Activity: 86
Merit: 2
March 01, 2024, 02:15:00 AM
An investor should already have a plan for how long he needs to invest and when he will take the profits. Making a profit is the goal of investing so that investors can take advantage of it. For a Bitcoin investor, he must really be able to maintain his patience because the price will always go up and down.
yea! having a clear concept of investment plan includes the time frame and profit taking strategy. Any of the trading market price fracture randomly up and down especially BTC. Patience is indeed very important for every investors. If a investor bought with DCA strategy and average price he might be benefited.
Activity: 168
Merit: 109
March 01, 2024, 02:12:02 AM
I disagree with the idea that whoever holds bitcoin longer takes the highest profit; instead, whoever holds the most bitcoin takes the highest profit. Even a short term investor can make good profits if what he has in his portfolio is greater than the number of bitcoins a long-term investor has. I would rather say expecting a huge profit should depend on the amount of bitcoin you have been accumulating during your buying stage if someone has to seel. This is because even if you hold 100$ of bitcoin for 5 years, don't expect to see 30k$ dollars in profit. On the other hand, if you have been able to invest up to a whole bitcoin in two weeks, within 5 years, i am certain that you may see at least 100x of bitcoin reaching 100k of which your profit is about $50k plus.

This is why I don't agree with the fact that people should sell if they have not bought enough bitcoin to expect a high profit. Some people are just propelled to sell because people are talking about selling. Don't forget that these people who have been preaching about selling may have bought almost 1 bitcoin or more in their portfolio and they still have the money to buy more, but you are still struggling to even accumulate up to 10k bitcoin yet you want to join the train to sell.
Activity: 154
Merit: 44
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 01, 2024, 02:00:28 AM
As we can see the way the whole things are going now with the bitcoin market performance, this is to encourage us the more to hold if we have not yet done any and embrace the patient needed till we arrive at the 2024 halving and thereafter, if we really have the target of bullrun at mind, we can then go by this because this is one of the provided opportunity for an investment in bitcoin as we are more likely to have the highs more often than before and there's more possibility that we are going to experience a new all time high right before the halving begins, the recent market performance is the first impression on that, we can as well as consult more conviction from the past halving's in record.

Our patients should not be till the next halving that's not our goal here, we should be more concerned about getting more Bitcoin in our stash untill we are 4 years into Bitcoin then we can start thinking of taking profits, your patience sounds so short term like we need to take profits right after the halving.

Both bull and bear are part of the Bitcoin cycle and it doesn't need to take us off course from our plan as long term holders, I know that it's possible to be thinking in terms of taking profits to buy back when the price is lower but you never know if that would happen or if Bitcoin would just set a new record and never return to price like 35-40k range, selling Bitcoin at higher to price to buy back at lower price is risky and can be seen as gambling and one thing to have in mind is you can never be so smart.
Taking profits like you said is dependent on many factor and also based on individual preference. It will not be wise to sell your Bitcoin when you have not figured out how you will be able to manage the proceeds, else you may misuse the money and run out of Bitcoin. Instead of a situation like this, it is better to hold across different market cycles like the early buyers are doing, I mean those who bought 2013 and thereabouts who have seen many market cycles but never took profits like most of you are suggesting.

My plan is to hold beyond this market cycle and if eventually another bear market comes, I will simply use it to gain more Bitcoin at lower prices. I understand others might have other plans are are free to use any approach the are fine with but my concern is to ensure I do not run out of Bitcoin.

No one said collecting profits is bad besides that's the aim of investing, but your forgetting that most of us here are just early investors and if not that we are privileged to see a bull run so early in our investment we won't be talking about taking profits, the idea was to accumulate bitcoin irrespective of the price untill we have quite the stash, this accumulation period was supposed to last for up to 4 years as a minimum, cause this is a full cycle and you can now successful calculate you DCA buying average and see how much bitcoin you have accumulated, then at this point you should be well prepared for profits.

The question we should all be asking ourselves is how many bitcoin do I have and am I well prepared for the bull and if I decide to take profits now would I be opportunited to buy back this price or would I find myself buying at a more expensive price ?

Don't forget that engaging in practices like collecting profits too early on our investment can lead to regret or we even delay our accumulation process because we had to collect profits on our investment and saying you want to time the market to buy back at a lower price is some what seen as gambling and is not the right thing to do.

Hold your bitcoin and keep on buying, no one is saying taking profits is bad, but is it the right time? And have you accumulated enough? .
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
February 29, 2024, 11:27:32 PM
An investor should already have a plan for how long he needs to invest and when he will take the profits. Making a profit is the goal of investing so that investors can take advantage of it. For a Bitcoin investor, he must really be able to maintain his patience because the price will always go up and down.

What is important is that a Bitcoin investor can hold his Bitcoin for a certain period. As long as he could buy at the lowest price and hold it, he could expect to make a profit. But it would be even better if he could use the DCA method so he could buy Bitcoin regularly.

With Bitcoin's current rise, it gives hope to new investors because they can see the profits starting to come. And for other investors who want to take advantage, they need to start determining their target selling price and wait for it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 195
February 29, 2024, 10:58:32 PM
As we can see the way the whole things are going now with the bitcoin market performance, this is to encourage us the more to hold if we have not yet done any and embrace the patient needed till we arrive at the 2024 halving and thereafter, if we really have the target of bullrun at mind, we can then go by this because this is one of the provided opportunity for an investment in bitcoin as we are more likely to have the highs more often than before and there's more possibility that we are going to experience a new all time high right before the halving begins, the recent market performance is the first impression on that, we can as well as consult more conviction from the past halving's in record.

Our patients should not be till the next halving that's not our goal here, we should be more concerned about getting more Bitcoin in our stash untill we are 4 years into Bitcoin then we can start thinking of taking profits, your patience sounds so short term like we need to take profits right after the halving.

Both bull and bear are part of the Bitcoin cycle and it doesn't need to take us off course from our plan as long term holders, I know that it's possible to be thinking in terms of taking profits to buy back when the price is lower but you never know if that would happen or if Bitcoin would just set a new record and never return to price like 35-40k range, selling Bitcoin at higher to price to buy back at lower price is risky and can be seen as gambling and one thing to have in mind is you can never be so smart.
Taking profits like you said is dependent on many factor and also based on individual preference. It will not be wise to sell your Bitcoin when you have not figured out how you will be able to manage the proceeds, else you may misuse the money and run out of Bitcoin. Instead of a situation like this, it is better to hold across different market cycles like the early buyers are doing, I mean those who bought 2013 and thereabouts who have seen many market cycles but never took profits like most of you are suggesting.

My plan is to hold beyond this market cycle and if eventually another bear market comes, I will simply use it to gain more Bitcoin at lower prices. I understand others might have other plans are are free to use any approach the are fine with but my concern is to ensure I do not run out of Bitcoin.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 616
February 29, 2024, 05:09:50 PM

Well, I agree with you that in every decision it depends on each individual, if they are satisfied then they have made a wise decision. Yes, it depends on how they can manage their fiat to accumulate more bitcoin when they choose that decision. But don't get me wrong, I don't recommend that because all of that is their own right because it's your money and it's appropriate for them to do whatever they want.

So back on Topic, Buy and Hold. For me, the recent increase does not make me afraid to continue buying because I still have the desire to accumulate more BTC in my portfolio. Well, the story is different for many people, where they are not long-term investors and they only target short-term profits. so it's no wonder that in this thread we see many people discussing this, they are traders, not long-term investors like we have done.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
February 29, 2024, 05:09:25 PM
People neglect this fact of time wasted can not be recovered and missing the chances of buying from the DIP, may only amount to purchasing in a much higher price.
well, in this context  of buying the DIP,  Thier is nothing much about time wasted. Whatever time you decide to buy is actually a good time as long you're willing to wait long enough.

The world of Bitcoin, buying the dip is like catching a wave in the vast ocean of opportunity. Time isn't wasted; it's woven into the fabric of your journey. Whether you plunge in during a market frenzy or calmly wait for the perfect moment, each decision is a stroke of your own unique canvas. Like a patient gardener tending to seeds, your investment takes root, unfurling its potential over time. The magic lies not in the ticking clock but in your unwavering belief and willingness to nurture your investment until it blooms into something magnificent. So, in the grand symphony of Bitcoin, the timing matters less than the melody of your steadfast resolve.

Now at $62k and sooner $100k, Bitcoin may seem like a distant celestial body, its brilliance tempting yet its distance daunting. But as you embark on your journey, fueled by patience and foresight, you recognize the boundless potential that lies ahead. With each passing orbit, Bitcoin's gravitational pull strengthens, drawing in more cosmic travelers and propelling its value ever higher.

Mate what are your even pointing at, you didn't have to make it so obvious your using AI to craft your response, I get your new here but you should try to learn and understand what we are talking about in this discussion than to use AI to create post.

The thread is all about buying the dip and holding of bitcoin, we talk about the different strategies that we use in accumulating bitcoin and we have settled that DCA the dollar cost averaging is the best strategy. Since your new here you might want to understand how it works, it involves splitting your capital into equal parts and buying at intervals, this could also come from your income where you just have to allocate a little percentage of your disposable income to buying bitcoin weekly or monthly however you okay with and we have finalized that a 25 -20 minimum is a good start to invest in bitcoin and this could even be as little as 10$ or up to 1000$ depending on your income.

We are all for the hold and the plan is to hold as long as 4 years on a minimum for our first stage , this stage is all about accumulating bitcoin, in this stage we avoid all kinds of withdrawal or trading practices that involves buying and selling our bitcoin, this has a negative effect on  us cause things can go wrong and we find ourselves losing if the volatile market hits us.

Now to hold effectively we must make sure to build our emergency funds in case emergency happens that can make us sell our bitcoin earlier than we planned to, the emergency funds has to be up to 3 months or 6bmonths of savings and should measure at least to your total investment in bitcoin or lesser.
Then we have the reserves that we use for special cases like buying on dips and any opportunity that comes our way, to make the best of our money, and floats which are our spendables which could be our expense money and it could be used to buy bitcoin only if you can find a way to chunck down your expense.

It's not rocket science all you had to do was read and ask questions and you would have no need using AI to generate response when you would have tried to learn something first.
Activity: 294
Merit: 172
February 29, 2024, 01:06:27 PM

Activity: 154
Merit: 44
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 29, 2024, 11:47:48 AM

Activity: 854
Merit: 539
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 29, 2024, 10:55:36 AM
Activity: 364
Merit: 154
February 29, 2024, 10:23:00 AM
The lessons learned by Bitcoin holders so far are certainly very good because they can be proof that Bitcoin has long been the best asset of all time for investment and can be suitable for everyone. I think that this year is a year of price improvement for Bitcoin and also a year to reach a bigger ATH than before for Bitcoin so there is no need to hesitate to continue holding it.
. Yeah this year is a year of greens same goes with next year. We all know that as an investors we should be ready for anything because not everyday is the bull run, there's also bearish market when market experience decrease in prices and that also one of the best period to even increase your rate of accumulating bitcoin because that moment there would be reduction In coin  value (prices). Though our coins accumulated would also reduce in value, but as long we keep accumulating anytime the bull run it again the profits would be massive.
From the historical price of bitcoin, it has been observed that as time passes on bitcoin price increases which make it a good reason for new investors to use DCA method mostly. Don't focus on the price but have a target and focus on your target because it is certain that you will be profitable in your bitcoin investment,
Well said, those that are in for short-terms profit (or ready to gamble with their funds) Investing now won't be a smart move at all. To avoid buying the top, while those who are ready and who are patient enough to engage in long-term investment, now is still a good time to invest, and DCA strategies is recommended because even though you enfuo buying the top Aslong you continue DCAing, it would help In reducing the risk and also in increasing your coins in your portfolio  . Because we all know that as time goes on bitcoin would keep on increasing in price or value. And those that didn't stop in stashing more BTC in their portfolio would always endup with big smile on their faces. Just this little quantity of bitcoin have accumulated to far as already started putting smile on my face since this increase in price of bitcoin so imagine you holding and accumulating for long-term like those during year 2013.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
February 29, 2024, 10:20:47 AM
Too late for Dca this bull run. Fat finger green button
No time is late to DCA, as long as your are not a short term investor. Any new investor that is investing in a long term can invest now even at 62k price. This is because his average bitcoin price in four years time will balanced, because you are buying bitcoin both at low price and high price, this is one of the advantages of DCA. As long as you don't stop buying, the bitcoin that you will buy during the bear market will cover up these ones that you are buying now and a higher price above this. This is why no new investor shoukd be discouraged on the high price of bitcoin, and thinks that he can no longer buy and make profit. From the historical price of bitcoin, it has been observed that as time passes on bitcoin price increases which make it a good reason for new investors to use DCA method mostly. Don't focus on the price but have a target and focus on your target because it is certain that you will be profitable in your bitcoin investment, if you hodli for more than 4-6yrs.

I always tell new investors to invest immediately they have the money because it is better you start early to grow your bitcoin investment portfolio than waiting, because you think that the price is on the high side. There is inflation everywhere, and if you are to buy, a bag of wheat for $400, and due to inflation, the price increased to $500, and you can afford to buy it, and on the other hand, you were told that the price of wheat will go below $400 in six months time, will you say that you will wait till six months time to buy at a lower price because it will be cheap then, when you know that wheat is what you want now. Same with bitcoin if you want to buy bitcoin now and you have the money, it is better to buy it than waiting, because you are investing for your future and everyone needs an investment to live a better life in the future after we must have retired. Taking action is the best way to be successful, and not waiting, because you don't know what will happen tomorrow.

agreed. but in terms of profiteering, I would suggest people also try to make use of the patterns established in previous bull/bear cycles
Activity: 224
Merit: 151
February 29, 2024, 09:58:45 AM
People who bought bitcoin last bull run when bitcoin was $60k will be happy to see the bitcoin price back to $60k;
so let me get this right, are you suggesting it's best to buy during a bullish period as this only to wait for another bullish period when the price would have torshed this  current $60k point? I know for those that have the ability to doing a ten to twenty year holding, it might be reasonable and okay for them but I feel it's best to buy during the bearish period so you don't necessarily have to wait forever before your holding yields a good profit.

Hodlers always win at the end of the day. Let's learn something from this, especially those that didn't witness the last bullrun.
yeah, to some extent you're correct that if you have the ability to hold long enough you will definitely gain at the end of the day but Thier is a better way of doing things and that's why it's best to buy during the DIP. Why wait till the market is bullish before buying  and then you will now have to wait almost forever just for for another highly bullish season before you get to the same $60k price out brought it?
Bitcoin investment is all about having patient. There is nothing like waiting forever in bitcoin investment, rather what we have is circles, and your ability to buy and wait for the next circle is really what matters. Some people bought bitcoin at the last ATH and they are still holding it, even when the price of bitcoin dropped to $16k they were never bothered and they kept holding and waiting patiently for the next circle which is about to take place and we are already seeing the signs. With the current price we are close to breaking the previous ATH. It didn't take forever before we got here, it only took patience. It's always best to buy at all market condition through DCA method. This has been talked about several times in this thread and as someone who is following this thread it will be wise to apply what you are learning from this place into real life.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 701
February 29, 2024, 09:33:43 AM
This has shown that bitcoin investment is one of the best, and you will not lose your money if you can hold it for the long term. This will serve as a lesson to those of us who are accumulating bitcoin not to sell our bitcoin because there is a dip in bitcoin. This has also proven that bitcoin investment is a long-term investment. Imagine those who have been accumulating bitcoin since 2013 and the kind of profit they will get.

Of course, the profits obtained by Bitcoin holders who have owned them since 2013 and still hold Bitcoin to this day are extraordinary. Because today Bitcoin touched a price of $64K, which also shows that Bitcoin is indeed able to provide the best profits to all investors who have held it for the long term. And for now I still think that Bitcoin's price increase will continue next month because today is the last day of February.

The lessons learned by Bitcoin holders so far are certainly very good because they can be proof that Bitcoin has long been the best asset of all time for investment and can be suitable for everyone. I think that this year is a year of price improvement for Bitcoin and also a year to reach a bigger ATH than before for Bitcoin so there is no need to hesitate to continue holding it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 92
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 29, 2024, 09:22:44 AM
but I feel it's best to buy during the bearish period so you don't necessarily have to wait forever before your holding yields a good profit.

That sounds more like a trading strategy than investing, it is the traders that are so much interested in maximizing profits within a shortest time frame. timing the market bottom can be very  dangerous, you can buy freely at any time at any price with your dca strategy,  the bearish period you suggested should only be seen as an added advantage of accumulating more Bitcoin at a lower price in to your portfolio.  concentrating only on buying when there is a bear market can be very risky and devastating causing emotional unrest if the bear market condition continues for too long without making an upwards market trends, or there can also be an upward market condition that can last for too long or forever making you not to be in the market but with your dca you can buy at anytime and any price freely without much worries.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
February 29, 2024, 08:22:43 AM
Pleased for everyone that is winning.

I'm still HFSP!

Still wouldn't change a thing Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 519
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
February 29, 2024, 08:12:49 AM

Snip
so let me get this right, are you suggesting it's best to buy during a bullish period as this only to wait for another bullish period when the price would have torshed this  current $60k point? I know for those that have the ability to doing a ten to twenty year holding, it might be reasonable and okay for them but I feel it's best to buy during the bearish period so you don't necessarily have to wait forever before your holding yields a good profit.
There is no point saying that the best time to buy bitcoin is the bearish season. There are three options of holding which are dip and HODL, lump sum and DCA. For me DCA is the best option because waiting for bearish season to buy bitcoin is not a wise investment strategy. Because you might wait for internity and btc price may not fall withing your expectations.
Those that waited for btcbto fall to thee expectations has waited and wasted there time now they are regretting why they didn't buy when it was necessary. In bitcoin investmet, delay is dangerous.

I don't like waiting for the dip, but if you are lucky enough to have enough funds to lump sum at the dip of the bottom line, it is the best. This is because one will not see that price again, and any bitcoin that you accumulate during that time will give you the highest profit, as long as you will hodli for a long period of time. It is good that as a beginner in whatever plan that you want to use in accumulating your bitcoin, you don't stop DCAing, because it is the only way in which you use to build up your bitcoin stash to a significant size.

What I do is that I don't lump sum, when bitcoin price is as high as this, I only DCA weekly, even though, I will only acquire a little fraction of bitcoin. Adding to your bitcoin constantly give me that rest of mind that my portfolio is increasing. Opportunity comes but once, and I believe that bitcoin has given me the opportunity to invest and grow my investment irrespective of the price, because who knows if the price of bitcoin might be unaffordable in future by the poor, and those of us who take advantage of bitcoin now and invest, and grow your bitcoin portfolio will be among the rich when that time comes.

Good time to do this

The best way to invest in bitcoins is the DCA method I accept, but how much do you invest in bitcoins? 
After investing in Bitcoin, you should be prepared on how to protect it for the long term. You see many here discussing DCA method only famous people who have invested in Bitcoin since past time. But there is a new way to invest in Bitcoin now and not for the 2024 halving. The DCA method is a method that allows you to hold bitcoins for more than 5 to 10 years. It is recommended to hold Bitcoin for the long term here, from this discussion many investors will hold Bitcoin for a long time.

DCA method does not allow you to hold bitcoin for long, but instead it allows you to buy bitcoin regularly either weekly or monthly with ease and grow your investment without stress and tension, as long as you are not using the money that you will need for an emergency or basic needs to buy bitcoin. What enables you to hodli for long is when you have your emergency funds and reserve funds available so that you don't go back and sell your bitcoin. You must also be disciplined, and remain focus on long term goal, so that you don't get carried away with the little profit on bitcoin due to price fluctuations. Bitcoin long term hodli needs sacrifice for the future.
Pages:
Jump to: