Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 84. (Read 77868 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 360
February 29, 2024, 08:08:07 AM
Too late for Dca this bull run. Fat finger green button
No time is late to DCA, as long as your are not a short term investor. Any new investor that is investing in a long term can invest now even at 62k price. This is because his average bitcoin price in four years time will balanced, because you are buying bitcoin both at low price and high price, this is one of the advantages of DCA. As long as you don't stop buying, the bitcoin that you will buy during the bear market will cover up these ones that you are buying now and a higher price above this. This is why no new investor shoukd be discouraged on the high price of bitcoin, and thinks that he can no longer buy and make profit. From the historical price of bitcoin, it has been observed that as time passes on bitcoin price increases which make it a good reason for new investors to use DCA method mostly. Don't focus on the price but have a target and focus on your target because it is certain that you will be profitable in your bitcoin investment, if you hodli for more than 4-6yrs.

I always tell new investors to invest immediately they have the money because it is better you start early to grow your bitcoin investment portfolio than waiting, because you think that the price is on the high side. There is inflation everywhere, and if you are to buy, a bag of wheat for $400, and due to inflation, the price increased to $500, and you can afford to buy it, and on the other hand, you were told that the price of wheat will go below $400 in six months time, will you say that you will wait till six months time to buy at a lower price because it will be cheap then, when you know that wheat is what you want now. Same with bitcoin if you want to buy bitcoin now and you have the money, it is better to buy it than waiting, because you are investing for your future and everyone needs an investment to live a better life in the future after we must have retired. Taking action is the best way to be successful, and not waiting, because you don't know what will happen tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
February 29, 2024, 07:43:11 AM
Too late for Dca this bull run. Fat finger green button
Activity: 378
Merit: 113
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 29, 2024, 07:26:48 AM
Good time to do this

The best way to invest in bitcoins is the DCA method I accept, but how much do you invest in bitcoins? 
After investing in Bitcoin, you should be prepared on how to protect it for the long term. You see many here discussing DCA method only famous people who have invested in Bitcoin since past time. But there is a new way to invest in Bitcoin now and not for the 2024 halving. The DCA method is a method that allows you to hold bitcoins for more than 5 to 10 years. It is recommended to hold Bitcoin for the long term here, from this discussion many investors will hold Bitcoin for a long time.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
February 29, 2024, 06:37:05 AM
Good time to do this
Activity: 266
Merit: 276
February 29, 2024, 06:33:55 AM
but I feel it's best to buy during the bearish period so you don't necessarily have to wait forever before your holding yields a good profit.
When do you think the bearish period will come? I am disagreeing with you because there is no time that is the best time to buy bitcoin. It's always now and will always now. Depending on the market situation like bearish or bullish before you can buy bitcoin is not advisable. Imagine you waiting for the bearish period feeling that it is the best time and bitcoin now is on a fast move to 100k what year do you think you will wait for to see the price go low.

One thing you should learn because i see that it is based on your opinion as someone who just started investing i bitcoin. But once you've been through a complete bitcoin bull to bear to bull cycle, nothing gets you scared anymore when it comes to buying and accumulating. You will just keep stacking your bitcoin. Buy low, buy high using DCA or any method you wish to and HODL.

Activity: 140
Merit: 63
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
February 29, 2024, 06:27:50 AM
Snip
so let me get this right, are you suggesting it's best to buy during a bullish period as this only to wait for another bullish period when the price would have torshed this  current $60k point? I know for those that have the ability to doing a ten to twenty year holding, it might be reasonable and okay for them but I feel it's best to buy during the bearish period so you don't necessarily have to wait forever before your holding yields a good profit.
There is no point saying that the best time to buy bitcoin is the bearish season. There are three options of holding which are dip and HODL, lump sum and DCA. For me DCA is the best option because waiting for bearish season to buy bitcoin is not a wise investment strategy. Because you might wait for internity and btc price may not fall withing your expectations.
Those that waited for btcbto fall to thee expectations has waited and wasted there time now they are regretting why they didn't buy when it was necessary. In bitcoin investmet, delay is dangerous.
Activity: 364
Merit: 154
February 29, 2024, 06:17:28 AM
I am very happy to see that Bitcoin market is starting to grow day by day because I have invested in Bitcoin in 2023. I have full confidence in it because of which I have never been disappointed after investing. I know Bitcoin is a valuable asset. I am very proud to invest in Bitcoin.  I think I have bitcoins. So I haven't decided to sell these invested bitcoins yet. I thought I'll keep the invested bitcoins and think about selling them after a few years.
Hmm, pretty interesting, mate!
I am also joyous to watch the Bitcoin raising because every Bitcoin enthusiast has a dream like you that the price of Bitcoin should be raised in the same way until halving, and as soon as the halving is done, the price should enter an extra stepped bull run. Honestly, I will be crazy if Bitcoin crosses $100,000 at the end of the year. I have also invested in Bitcoin like you and I hope it will make me a millionaire next year. 

In the rest, brother, when Bitcoin crosses its $100,000, I will sell out 50% of my Bitcoin investment, make a profit book, and seek more investment opportunities to organize profit again. 

The rest of you express your opinion about whether it will be better to sell out your investment in the bull market or not. Share your opposition with us.
People who bought bitcoin last bull run when bitcoin was $60k will be happy to see the bitcoin price back to $60k;
This why it is always said that you are never at loss in bitcoin until you decide to sell your position. And the more reason why bitcoin is a long term investment and not something we should consider for short term. Those who bought bitcoin above $60k last bull run and held their bag till now have recovered their capital invested and possibly in profit by now. Those who sold are the ones who lost. Yes it might have come with several challenges, but their firm believe in bitcoin made them to hold till now and it has eventually paid off. Hodlers always win at the end of the day. Let's learn something from this, especially those that didn't witness the last bullrun.
This has shown that bitcoin investment is one of the best, and you will not lose your money if you can hold it for the long term. This will serve as a lesson to those of us who are accumulating bitcoin not to sell our bitcoin because there is a dip in bitcoin. This has also proven that bitcoin investment is a long-term investment. Imagine those who have been accumulating bitcoin since 2013 and the kind of profit they will get.
they would definitely be in great profits now, depending on how frequent their DCA was. A time will still come In the future where someone would still repeat this statement, by saying imagine the profits those that Started accumulating bitcoin in the year 2020-2024 would be in great profits. In the nearest future, that why we got to look upto those who has been accumulating bitcoin since 2012 till now and also learn from them so that we can also be able to hold our investment for that long too.
Activity: 154
Merit: 84
February 29, 2024, 06:02:01 AM
People who bought bitcoin last bull run when bitcoin was $60k will be happy to see the bitcoin price back to $60k;
so let me get this right, are you suggesting it's best to buy during a bullish period as this only to wait for another bullish period when the price would have torshed this  current $60k point? I know for those that have the ability to doing a ten to twenty year holding, it might be reasonable and okay for them but I feel it's best to buy during the bearish period so you don't necessarily have to wait forever before your holding yields a good profit.

Hodlers always win at the end of the day. Let's learn something from this, especially those that didn't witness the last bullrun.
yeah, to some extent you're correct that if you have the ability to hold long enough you will definitely gain at the end of the day but Thier is a better way of doing things and that's why it's best to buy during the DIP. Why wait till the market is bullish before buying  and then you will now have to wait almost forever just for for another highly bullish season before you get to the same $60k price out brought it?
Activity: 294
Merit: 168
February 29, 2024, 05:59:10 AM
I am very happy to see that Bitcoin market is starting to grow day by day because I have invested in Bitcoin in 2023. I have full confidence in it because of which I have never been disappointed after investing. I know Bitcoin is a valuable asset. I am very proud to invest in Bitcoin.  I think I have bitcoins. So I haven't decided to sell these invested bitcoins yet. I thought I'll keep the invested bitcoins and think about selling them after a few years.
I am also joyous to watch the Bitcoin raising because every Bitcoin enthusiast has a dream like you that the price of Bitcoin should be raised in the same way until halving, and as soon as the halving is done, the price should enter an extra stepped bull run. Honestly, I will be crazy if Bitcoin crosses $100,000 at the end of the year. I have also invested in Bitcoin like you and I hope it will make me a millionaire next year. 

In the rest, brother, when Bitcoin crosses its $100,000, I will sell out 50% of my Bitcoin investment, make a profit book, and seek more investment opportunities to organize profit again. 

The rest of you express your opinion about whether it will be better to sell out your investment in the bull market or not. Share your opposition with us.
This why it is always said that you are never at loss in bitcoin until you decide to sell your position. And the more reason why bitcoin is a long term investment and not something we should consider for short term. Those who bought bitcoin above $60k last bull run and held their bag till now have recovered their capital invested and possibly in profit by now. Those who sold are the ones who lost. Yes it might have come with several challenges, but their firm believe in bitcoin made them to hold till now and it has eventually paid off. Hodlers always win at the end of the day. Let's learn something from this, especially those that didn't witness the last bullrun.
This has shown that bitcoin investment is one of the best, and you will not lose your money if you can hold it for the long term. This will serve as a lesson to those of us who are accumulating bitcoin not to sell our bitcoin because there is a dip in bitcoin. This has also proven that bitcoin investment is a long-term investment. Imagine those who have been accumulating bitcoin since 2013 and the kind of profit they will get.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
February 29, 2024, 05:56:46 AM
Today, people who have not yet invested in Bitcoin are too late to realize its price increase. They may still invest in Bitcoin but must remain patient because Bitcoin still has a long way to go.

That is not true.

Sure there has been a more than 4x price appreciation in the last 15/16 months (from $15,479 in November to our $64k so far peak of today), but newbies and no coiners are not too late. 

World-wide BTC adoption is still quite low, and even ETF participants have barely even entered into the market, even though the ones who have entered so far are likely contributing towards both front-loading and hoarding.. and that kind of behavior is likely to contribute to additional volatility.. potentially in both directions, even though right now there seems to be a lot of ongoing upwards pressures on the BTC price, partially attributed to increased demand from new entrants using BTC spot ETFs as a way to get BTC price exposure.

Throughout bitcoin's history people have felt too late, which should justify them into getting the fuck started as soon as possible and start accumulating BTC.  Yeah, you can attempt to play the waves, and each of the newbie no coiners, low coiners and/or bitcoin wannabes have to figure out their accumulation method, whether it is lump sum front loading, DCA, buying on dips  or some combination of those methods...

and even if some of us might feel all smug because we got in 1-2 years earlier than someone else of our economic equal, we have no way of assuring that we will stay ahead of them, because even if they are late and they are our economic equal, they still can figure out strategies to accumulate more smartly and more aggressively.  Now once we have been in BTC for a whole cycle or more, then it will likely become more and more difficult for our prior economic equals from even coming close to catching up with us.

Since you have been registered on the forum for 7.5 years michellee (which is right at about 2 full cycles), if you had been sticking with bitcoin this whole time, then you would be in a quite good place right now, even if your own economic circumstances might have had not been great, and yeah we can trace back a DCA tool and see that even $10 per week would have caused nearly $4k invested and nearly 0.9BTC accumulation... so surely not a bad place to be right now.. .and of course, $100 per week would have cost 10x as much and gotten 10x the results, too.
Too late here means that they don't realize the Bitcoin increase. Of course, they can still invest in Bitcoin, and it's not too late only for those who realize the benefits of Bitcoin to them.

The adoption of BTC is still quite low, and I agree that because, in many places, many people still don't know about Bitcoin. If they have been asked to join Bitcoin, they will answer what Bitcoin is and other things. But we realize that the situation has now become good as some people already know about Bitcoin and want to get Bitcoin.

If they see from history, yes, they are too late to join, but because Bitcoin is for the long term, they will still have a chance to buy Bitcoin and use it for their investment. If they learn about DCA, buying on dips, and other things, that can help them start accumulating more Bitcoin. They can buy Bitcoin at any price they want, including at this high price, but they should be wise when they decide to buy Bitcoin because they need to wait for a while until the price gets a correction.

We don't have to feel all smug because we joined in the 1-2 years early. After all, if we can't manage properly, we can't make a profit like the others. Some newbies may be luckier than us because they can learn much more than we can.

Yes, I am lucky to see 2 full cycles so far. I already collected some BTC from a long time ago and still have some, although I already have some at the high price Grin

But that doesn't stop me from accumulating more BTC, even right now. I always use small amounts of money to buy BTC and stick to that. I am glad that I have some money that I can use to continue my investment in BTC using the famous DCA method. DCA method saves me and my money and I can allocate the money in the right place, including for investing in BTC. I am really thankful for this thread because it helps many people, no matter if you have known Bitcoin for a long time or you are a newbie. We can learn together about many things, including how to use DCA methods in the right.

People who have accumulated a lot of Bitcoin over the last year are just waiting for the right time to sell their Bitcoin. They can still invest more to increase the number of Bitcoins. And after that, it's time to wait for the next ATH. That means a higher Bitcoin price increase than the previous ATH.
Some people do not start to think about selling their coins until they are 6-8 years or longer investing into bitcoin, and even then they might be a bit cautious about how many they start to sell.

Maybe you have been in bitcoin for nearly 2 cycles, but have you accumulated BTC during that time?  Have you beat the returns that you would have had gotten from merely accumulating and holding rather than trying to fuck around with selling and buying back lower?
Yes, I sell some after the first halving and second halving. And that was a big profit for me. I never imagine that my profits could be bigger like that. That makes me have more and more Bitcoin by accumulating and holding Bitcoin.

It's enough for me to buy and sell Bitcoin daily or weekly or even monthly. I want to make a big profit again this time so I have already prepared myself for the coming.
Activity: 224
Merit: 151
February 29, 2024, 04:40:17 AM

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1220
February 29, 2024, 04:23:58 AM
People neglect this fact of time wasted can not be recovered and missing the chances of buying from the DIP, may only amount to purchasing in a much higher price.
well, in this context  of buying the DIP,  Thier is nothing much about time wasted. Whatever time you decide to buy is actually a good time as long you're willing to wait long enough.
The world of Bitcoin, buying the dip is like catching a wave in the vast ocean of opportunity. Time isn't wasted; it's woven into the fabric of your journey. Whether you plunge in during a market frenzy or calmly wait for the perfect moment, each decision is a stroke of your own unique canvas. Like a patient gardener tending to seeds, your investment takes root, unfurling its potential over time. The magic lies not in the ticking clock but in your unwavering belief and willingness to nurture your investment until it blooms into something magnificent. So, in the grand symphony of Bitcoin, the timing matters less than the melody of your steadfast resolve.

Now at $62k and sooner $100k, Bitcoin may seem like a distant celestial body, its brilliance tempting yet its distance daunting. But as you embark on your journey, fueled by patience and foresight, you recognize the boundless potential that lies ahead. With each passing orbit, Bitcoin's gravitational pull strengthens, drawing in more cosmic travelers and propelling its value ever higher.

Here we will learn how to invest in Bitcoin, and how the benefits and benefits are greatest if the investment is held long-term. Investing in DCA method is best because we will invest bitcoins in bitcoin weekly or monthly. Then we can earn more bitcoins in future only by adopting DCA method.

Those doubtful will find what are they missing out especially if they are waiting to much for a dump. If they could just do DCA before then provably they join to a lot of people been happy for what bitcoin achieve at this point and there's huge potential that ATH will be break even there are still many days to count before halving will happen. A lot of speculation if price could able to reach that 6 digit figures and by the time if it happens for sure there are lots of people who hold for long term will harvest the result of their long term investment and also belief that bitcoin will soar high. There will be more for that so if people think about they are late then they should think again since the great potential of bitcoin never ends.
Activity: 378
Merit: 113
February 29, 2024, 04:11:43 AM
People neglect this fact of time wasted can not be recovered and missing the chances of buying from the DIP, may only amount to purchasing in a much higher price.
well, in this context  of buying the DIP,  Thier is nothing much about time wasted. Whatever time you decide to buy is actually a good time as long you're willing to wait long enough.
The world of Bitcoin, buying the dip is like catching a wave in the vast ocean of opportunity. Time isn't wasted; it's woven into the fabric of your journey. Whether you plunge in during a market frenzy or calmly wait for the perfect moment, each decision is a stroke of your own unique canvas. Like a patient gardener tending to seeds, your investment takes root, unfurling its potential over time. The magic lies not in the ticking clock but in your unwavering belief and willingness to nurture your investment until it blooms into something magnificent. So, in the grand symphony of Bitcoin, the timing matters less than the melody of your steadfast resolve.

Now at $62k and sooner $100k, Bitcoin may seem like a distant celestial body, its brilliance tempting yet its distance daunting. But as you embark on your journey, fueled by patience and foresight, you recognize the boundless potential that lies ahead. With each passing orbit, Bitcoin's gravitational pull strengthens, drawing in more cosmic travelers and propelling its value ever higher.

Here we will learn how to invest in Bitcoin, and how the benefits and benefits are greatest if the investment is held long-term. Investing in DCA method is best because we will invest bitcoins in bitcoin weekly or monthly. Then we can earn more bitcoins in future only by adopting DCA method.

@Olatundespo You learn how Bitcoin is discussed, not Bitcoin price. We will discuss how it is possible to hold Bitcoin for a long time.
Activity: 266
Merit: 119
Keep Promises !
February 29, 2024, 02:38:01 AM
Quote from: Olatundespo

At first  it  felt like an auto generated  but later it was like a poetry are you a poet??
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
February 29, 2024, 01:00:01 AM
[edited out]
Thanks for giving a more in debt explanation on this, honestly I mostly confuse myself with each of them and I find myself interchanging them in sentences not really having the idea on what I am saying, but I think I'm all good now.

Floats can just be seen as disposable funds that are used for expenses, and this expense could be anything that we like, I could also use it to buy bitcoin if I don't have anything to do with it, so most times when I was referring to cutting down my expense to invest in bitcoin I was actually using a portion of my floats.

Float could be loosely allocated, or not allocated or even kind of holding a bit of a cushion, and there may be times in which you keep more float because you have more uncertainties about your various costs for the month, but once your uncertainty is resolved, you might be able to dedicate your float to something like buying bitcoin or going to the movies or maybe buying a steak rather than a sandwich.

Reserves are more like that extra cash you keeps in case opportunities come in bitcoin, maybe a dip or some unexpected event, but I was also thinking still in the case of front running that if it price begins to fall suddenly and I've already used up most of my buying funds for the front running then I could fall back to my reserves to buy on those lower prices to balance my total buying average.

Yes... I tend to think of reserves as various kinds of funds that you might have that might be specifically designated for certain things, but since you had not spent it yet, you could change the designation, depending on how strict you are in terms of your own priorities.  you could even specifically separate some of the cash if you were to strictly know that it is for bitcoin, but you are not sure if it is buying on dips or if there might be some other condition that you are not sure about, but you put it in a separate fund because you are dedicating it to bitcoin, yet since you had not spent it for that purpose, you could always redesignate it if some circumstances were to come about to meet your reason to redesignate those funds... so yeah you could be strict or general with your reserves and they are available for various kinds of spending and perhaps even presume that your emergency funds are solidly in place.

I understand that emergency funds should not be touched unless in cases of emergency like health challenge and all that and it's good to have quite the size of emergency funds like up to 3 moths of allocation or 6 months of allocation to meet up with our investment size.

Loss of income too... Sure some folks have pretty solid jobs, and they might even have back up work that they could do if they were to lose their primary source of income, and there could be some reasons that you lose your income and you are not able to regain it.. and yeah that might be a health situation or something like that.

but nevertheless I am still watching the price and I think we might have a new ATH this year and there are some times that bitcoin also never returns to previous prices and if that happens I would be on a very positive profit on my portfolio.
We are already well into noman's land, so it would be difficult to presume anything other than the ATH being imminent.. and no man zone is between about $55k to $82k.. so the whole price area of no mans zone should be considered as imminent.. even if it might end up taking a bit longer than expected to play out..   In other words, we do not tend to hang out within 20% (in either direction) of previous ATH prices.  Do with that information whatever you like.. because none of us know, but we should not be surprised to pass straight to $82k, or maybe we bounce around here in no man's land for a few weeks.. .. but either of those scenarios would be relatively short periods hanging out in no man's land.... and yeah, sure some other variation could happen.. but I would not get my expectations up too much for some other scenario... absent some kind of strong evidence in that direction.. .. .
This are some new terms to me, hope you wouldn't mind giving a more in depth explanation to this new set of senerio and knowledge.

None of us really know.. but generally if you look, back at bitcoin, it tends to move straight through the previous ATH price area that is right around 20% on each side of the old ATH... so yeah, we cannot count on it.. .. but it seems pretty dumb to be trading and/.or selling in these price areas and/or expecting the price to drop.

But surely we came into this no man's zone with a bit of passion.. so when the price moves fast, then it might be difficult for the buy support to keep up and to keep the price going up... but who knows.. we have so much ongoing shortage of BTC these days. .and a lot of demand for BTC on a daily and ongoing basis... so even if there are price drops, it seems that the price drops might not be able to last for very long.. but who knows?  we cannot say any of these kinds of things with high levels of certainty.. because even if something has high certainty.. like 65% or 70%, it still would end up having 30% to 35% uncertainty... so low certainty outcomes happen all of the time, but then when we get to $82k, some of us might say, "I told you so".. even if we cannot really be sure about how long it is going to take and/or how many corrections there are going to be along the way... it is kind of like a feeling.. that may or may not end up playing out correctly in real life.
Activity: 504
Merit: 198
My privacy, my right.
February 28, 2024, 08:09:00 PM
Seeing bitcoin such price today is just wonderful and epic, still pains haven't accumulated more quantities, but still doesn't only matter your entry is just how Persistence you are In your holding and accumulating .  

Maybe they will but I'm not sure if some of these investors still manage to hold until now or if they sell it before it hits $50k.
Those who have strong mindsets will still hold and accumulate more but those who are easily affected by the FUDs and rumors, exactly they got in panic and sell their BTC at low prices. We never expect everyone to hold and wait for the new ATH because many investors are weak.
And as we speaking, there's high chances that  most of those weak minded investor has already started selling their investment after seeing bitcoin price, from the price range of $50k-$60k . After checking their portfolio and found out that there's a great different from when they started accumulating (their coins value has  increased (bitcoin)). Initiating a tempting urge to sell there investment and alot did. Without knowing that this is just the beginning, those of us that still holding and accumulating we should continue till we hit our accumulation goal.

Bitcoin to the 🚀.

I for ones love how you ended your statement holding and accumulating we should continue till we hit our accumulation goal, which entails that those persons that peradventure are with the urge of selling their bitcoin as a result of this price rise had no goal plan from the beginning, they were perhaps accumulating for accumulation sake, it is like joining the train because others are doing it. Let it be known to whoever out there is in a haste to sell, that there's no other time to keep hodling more still accumulating than now that the bullish market has taken the run.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
February 28, 2024, 06:15:14 PM
[edited out]
Simply put, bitcoin accumulation is for everyone but not everyone has a good balance regarding financial matters, there are some of them who have an income that is only enough to meet their needs and there are also those who have some money from the rest of their needs,

and the second point I mentioned that has the opportunity to start engaging in bitcoin accumulation, none other than because after all, life needs are the most important and must be prioritized aside from the desire to engage in bitcoin accumulation.

As you said that it is recommended to use the remaining money from all the needs that have been met first, and this situation is a safer situation for someone to engage in bitcoin accumulation. On the other hand by looking at the current bitcoin price situation, I think we all agree that bitcoin will be able to break the previous ATH.

You are correct.  You can ONLY invest in bitcoin or anything else if you have disposable/discretionary income.  So if you don't have any extra income, then you either have to increase your income or decrease your expenses, otherwise you won't be able to invest in bitcoin or anything else. 

There might be some other ways that you could still invest, besides money, but of course, the way that bitcoin is designed has quite a few benefits in buying the tokens (i.e. satoshis).

If you don't have your life needs covered, then you may well end up devolving into gambling if you are trying to invest in bitcoin but you don't have things/needs in your life sufficiently covered.

I think everyone already knows that the rules of engagement in investments to be profitable are to buy at low prices and wait to sell at high prices, but the problem is that not everyone is able to be patient to really wait for the highest price that can really provide significant benefits, in some cases many of them are too fast in terms of taking profits, one of the causes may be the "worry" within themselves which ultimately makes them make the decision to cash out early. But actually concern is a natural feeling for all investors because investment not only provides profit opportunities but also has the possibility of risks that cannot always be avoided completely, everyone has a sense of concern but not everyone has a broad understanding and insight into the potential of bitcoin itself so maybe that's what makes them make decisions too early in terms of taking advantage.

There could also be ways to invest a little bit less, so that they are not so worried about their investment.  I know that sometimes the amounts can be so small that it might not seem to make a difference, but if someone might be investing $10 per week or $10 per month and consistently doing it, then it can add up, but if $10 per week is turning into too much, then they might have to cut back to $10 per month and study what they are investing into, but at least if the got started, then they should be more inspired to learn about it.. including investing no more than they are willing to lose, so they have to be completely clear that they are not going to need the money for 4-10 years or longer, and so that means that they have to have other ways to deal with emergencies.. whether an emergency fund or some other kinds of ways so that they do not have to tap into their investment except at a time that is completely of their own choosing.. maybe thinking even further down the road.. like 10 years or longer before they can even touch it... $10 per month is $120 per year and $1,200 over 10 years, while $10 per week would be $520 per year and $5,200 in 10 years.. and yeah. if they are in bitcoin for a while 2-4 years, they might start to feel more comfortable as they learn more and more about it and get used to how to secure their private keys and things like that.

[edited out]
I agree with you on this, the only way to actually prepare for ups would be to have more bitcoin in your stash, and In trying to prepare for ups with front running I've understood from your comment that I should also have a back up plan in case things go against me cause I can never truly be sure about the movement of the market there is also every possibility that the price could just start going down, and if that happens the only way I can stabilize my average DCA buying is to buy more at those lower prices to balance it up and that is the only preparation I've learnt to keep my floats and reserves for situation like this,

I like to think of the Emergency fund that you never would tap into unless it is an actual emergency, and then you try to replace them as soon as possible... so yeah usually a minimum of 3 months, but probably up to 6 months or more, especially once your BTC investment gets to be sized at 6 months or more of your income.. Think about if your BTC investment is around 8x your income, then you might start to feel liberated, but you still might want to even keep more than 6 months of an emergency fund so that you do not have to tap into your bitcoin at a time that is anything other than your own complete choosing.

I like to think about reserve funds as some things that you might be more than willing to tap into, but you might have it set aside for specific reasons such as: 1) a dip in BTC prices, 2) some extra kind of consumption that you want to do 3) some surprise investment that comes up

I like to think about float as something that is a bit out of your control.. it is just there.  Let's say that you have various accounts and you are keeping track of them, and you have an income that is anywhere between $1,500 and $700 per month, and your expenses are usually around $900 per month... so whenever you get paid (let's say that it is just once a month), you already know that you will have to already be ready to pay $900 worth of various bills and they have various dates that they are due, so maybe your account itself, you have already projected that the account never goes below a certain amount (perhaps $600), and then when you get paid $1,500, and if your account is at the minimum amount, then you would have $2,100 in the account but you know that you are going to have $900 worth of expenses and $600 left over to do whatever you like... so the $600 that you keep in your account no matter what could be a kind of float, and the $900 worth of expenses could be a kind of float too, even though it is already allocated to various expenses, that come due at different points of the month.  Maybe you go shopping every Thursday.. and then you have a certain amount that you spend through the month for transportation and food and other incidentals, and then you have utility bills and rent/mortgage that are due a certain day fo the month, and the bills might be due at various points, but you know that every month that by x date.. right before you are getting paid, then you will have at least $600 in that account.. and sure if in any month you end up having more than $600, then that extra amount could be considered float, too.   

So, yeah you could be right that your float and your reserves might not be designated towards anything, but at a certain point you might have them designated to buy on dips.. because maybe you are not really sure about the exact amounts of each of your expenses, so you might have to keep some extra float (or dedicated money) for those uncertainties, too.. and if your finances become more complicated, you might have to raise the amount that you always keep in your account from $600 to $1k in order to attempt to account for the uncertainties... and so then maybe we could be quibbling about what to call each of these, since sometimes the names might overlap, until we give the funds a specific designation and we realize that the amount in our account is able to absorb designating the funds towards BTC purchases or whatever rather than just keeping it in our account and not being designated.

but nevertheless I am still watching the price and I think we might have a new ATH this year and there are some times that bitcoin also never returns to previous prices and if that happens I would be on a very positive profit on my portfolio.

We are already well into noman's land, so it would be difficult to presume anything other than the ATH being imminent.. and no man zone is between about $55k to $82k.. so the whole price area of no mans zone should be considered as imminent.. even if it might end up taking a bit longer than expected to play out..   In other words, we do not tend to hang out within 20% (in either direction) of previous ATH prices.  Do with that information whatever you like.. because none of us know, but we should not be surprised to pass straight to $82k, or maybe we bounce around here in no man's land for a few weeks.. .. but either of those scenarios would be relatively short periods hanging out in no man's land.... and yeah, sure some other variation could happen.. but I would not get my expectations up too much for some other scenario... absent some kind of strong evidence in that direction.. .. .

yeah we went straight from $51.5k to $64k in a matter of 2 days and 2 hours (50 hours).. that is a $13.5k (24%) increase in price in a pretty short period of time.. so yeah. that is seeming like it is too much too fast.. but who knows.. we are still right in the middle of no man's land.. so I would not be surprised to keep going.. even though some time might need to be spent around these here parts in order to let the buying support catch up.. .but at the same time, there is only about another 8% to go in order to get from $64k to $69k.. so that is almost too close to be diddly daddling around in these here parts for very long.. on the other hand dropping down to lower $50ks or going up to upper $70ks seem almost equally plausible... 50 50.. for each of those..

Some people do not start to think about selling their coins until they are 6-8 years or longer investing into bitcoin, and even then they might be a bit cautious about how many they start to sell.

Maybe you have been in bitcoin for nearly 2 cycles, but have you accumulated BTC during that time?  Have you beat the returns that you would have had gotten from merely accumulating and holding rather than trying to fuck around with selling and buying back lower?
That's quite a good point sir that if someone targets their investment in the long term and if they exit early then they have failed in their planning. I think time passes so fast because in 2022 when the market changes suddenly it becomes a big dump but gradually it passes so quickly. So I think the 10 year target is quite reasonable where we just need to be consistent in what we have done, namely buying and buying.

Yes, maybe those are 2 different cycles from what we are experiencing at the moment, where in 2022 there be a significant downward cycle and this year big changes occur where the up cycle will be our spectacle.

Down is going to come at some point, yet it is a matter of how sustainable the down is and also how much of a blow off top ends up playing out.

Frequently there are several seeming blow off tops in a cycle, but we dont' really know when is the last blow off top of the cycle takes place and if the correction ands up being a long period of time and maybe even exacerbated by extremes. 

Based on our current conditions it is difficult to expect that we are going to be having any blow off top any time soon.. but then even the last one could have had been considered to be quite a whimpy blow off top, and some folks like to proclaim that blow off tops are going to become more and more tempered.. but that does not seem to be what is going on now.... and I see no reason to not have one or two pretty big blow off tops between here and the end of 2025. and yeah is there going to be another blow off top in 2026, we cannot know in advance.. just as we cannot know for sure that there is gong to be a couple of blow off tops between now and the end of 2025... maybe we get 2 blow off tops in 2024 and another 1 or 2 in 2025?  I am not going to say.. or maybe 2025 ends up being a bear year.. I am not going to say, even though that seems outside of the current set up.. while at the same time, historically, bitcoin has been full of surprises even though when we look back, we can give some explanations for the patterns that we can identify.

So profits are visible in our portfolio, but that doesn't make us sell our BTC holdings because our target is not short term but long term. Well, if we sell and buy again, I think that's not our option because that is a trading method, but we choose a method for long-term investment

You have to decide for yourself it you want to try to take that kind of a strategy.  I personally think that it is problematic as a strategy, but I came into bitcoin at the top, so I was buying mostly on the way down and also mostly during the down period.  There could be different considerations that guys do when they are coming into an upcycle. and if they don't have enough funds to front load, then they are faced with DCA.. and if you have stacked a certain amount of BTC, you have to consider if it is enough and if it would be worth it for you to sell any of it rather than just continuing to buy until you are more clearly feeling that you have enough BTC and maybe that you have more than enough BTC.

For example, in your case, you have been here since mid 2016, so you should have had time to accumulate, and I cannot remember your story.. so if you did not start trying to accumulate until later, then maybe you still have less than a year or two of BTC in your holdings, so if you keep buying BTC and you if you have 2 years of income worth of BTC in your holdings. .and then if the BTC price were to go up 6x from here, then that 2 years turns into 12 years.. no it is not quite fuck you status and it is also measuring by spot price rather than the 200 WMA.. so I am not sure, if you might want to sell some.. because you have way more options if you have those kinds of numbers versus someone who might have accumulated less than a year's income, so then if you accumulated less than a years income and then the price shoots up to cause you to have 6 years income, then it seems less compelling to sell any or to get into any system that you are starting to rake profits.  We are getting beyond the topic of this thread no?  Even though you might have some dilemmas about continuing to buy or maybe if you might either hold more cash in reserves or maybe put your cash into other things, even if you don't sell any BTC..   I surely don't know the answer, even though you should be able to plot out your situation in terms of what conditions might cause you to shave off some of your profits, and looking at some of the raking discussions like in my chart and post.. and plugging in your own numbers.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 616
February 28, 2024, 05:38:55 PM

That's quite a good point sir that if someone targets their investment in the long term and if they exit early then they have failed in their planning. I think time passes so fast because in 2022 when the market changes suddenly it becomes a big dump but gradually it passes so quickly. So I think the 10 year target is quite reasonable where we just need to be consistent in what we have done, namely buying and buying.

Yes, maybe those are 2 different cycles from what we are experiencing at the moment, where in 2022 there be a significant downward cycle and this year big changes occur where the up cycle will be our spectacle. So profits are visible in our portfolio, but that doesn't make us sell our BTC holdings because our target is not short term but long term. Well, if we sell and buy again, I think that's not our option because that is a trading method, but we choose a method for long-term investment
Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 28, 2024, 04:55:27 PM
The current ATH of Bitcoin might be breached anytime soon.

Buy as much as you can and we never know we might see this price again in the future. And what is your expected price to reach before the halving, can it break 100K mark or we are not yet there?

Activity: 98
Merit: 55
February 28, 2024, 04:11:40 PM
That is called front running.. and nothing wrong with that.. even though you still have to be prepared for the possibility that the BTC price could end up moving against you.  We never know with these kinds of things, even though it does seem that there is a lot of evidence that there continues to be a lot of UPwards pressures on BTC prices that is likely to last for several months and maybe even through this whole year.. .. but at the same time.. we cannot always know.. so we just do our best to prepare for anything while realizing that the ONLY way to prepare for UP is to make sure that we have as many BTC as we are able to have.. .. but if we are not planning on selling for 4-10 years or more, there may or may not be any advantages in overly stressing our finances in order to acquire such BTC and/or to attempt to front run anticipated BTC price moves.

I agree with you on this, the only way to actually prepare for ups would be to have more bitcoin in your stash, and In trying to prepare for ups with front running I've understood from your comment that I should also have a back up plan in case things go against me cause I can never truly be sure about the movement of the market there is also every possibility that the price could just start going down, and if that happens the only way I can stabilize my average DCA buying is to buy more at those lower prices to balance it up and that is the only preparation I've learnt to keep my floats and reserves for situation like this, but nevertheless I am still watching the price and I think we might have a new ATH this year and there are some times that bitcoin also never returns to previous prices and if that happens I would be on a very positive profit on my portfolio.
Pages:
Jump to: