Pages:
Author

Topic: BUZZCOIN - OPENSOURCE NON-PROFIT BLOCKCHAIN IMPLEMENTATION TO SAVE THE BEES - page 86. (Read 101525 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
That above method finally worked, a long time to stake from faucet coins Shocked
legendary
Ok follow these steps until we have a permanent fix.

Download old wallet
https://mega.nz/#!WNQWkZwJ!gSYTN44sm2TUqT5XOPokm45MwSO4aEkvu97d0dkLhFc Roll Eyes

Go to roaming and make a backup of your wallet.dat file

Clear out everything except wallet.dat

Open old wallet

Go to settings, options, then reserve more coins than you know that you have (to prevent them from staking and going onto a fork)

Let wallet scync up to current block

Close wallet and reopen NEW WALLET

Go back to settings, options, then unreserve and start staking Smiley

The download is locked with an encryption.... share the file with everyone.

EDIT: Link is working now.
Activity: 278
Merit: 109
Ok follow these steps until we have a permanent fix.

Download old wallet
https://mega.nz/#!WNQWkZwJ!gSYTN44sm2TUqT5XOPokm45MwSO4aEkvu97d0dkLhFc Roll Eyes

Go to roaming and make a backup of your wallet.dat file

Clear out everything except wallet.dat

Open old wallet

Go to settings, options, then reserve more coins than you know that you have (to prevent them from staking and going onto a fork)

Let wallet scync up to current block

Close wallet and reopen NEW WALLET

Go back to settings, options, then unreserve and start staking Smiley
legendary
Isn't 25% a little bit much for TX?

It encourages long term staking plus it reduces inflation and allows for POW miners to get in on the action as the fees are 50/50 destroyed or rewarded to POW miners.

The 25% Tx fee is crucial and part of what I liked about this one.  It isn't aiming to be a coin for micro-transactions.  This coin could be like a new and improved version of TEK if it takes off.

Why is my wallet stuck at block 273 ?

I downloaded the new wallet and this is the first time opening the coin, I even tried to delete everything besides wallet.dat afterwards and still no dice...

Try to delete everything again and add the nodes.... Sockpuppet gave a great walk through a few posts back. Follow those steps and you should be good.

I did follow those steps and am not new to altcoins, perhaps give me the old windows wallet download so I can sync up till the fork and then open the new wallet and continue on, did you change the revision numbers for the client so their isn't any compatibility problems with older clients running ?

I have done the above over 10 times thinking it was a slow wallet but it just hangs on block 273 and when closing the wallet it continues to run in the background unless ending its process...

Are you still having issues?  I will upload a bootstrap if you need it.

I gave up trying but if you were to upload a boostrap for buzzcoin then I would be willing to try it again.

Check back in an hour and two and I'll have it ready.

EDIT : Sorry, it's not working.  I don't know how to make a "proper" bootstrap, I just take the blk0001.dat file, rename it bootstrap.dat, and it works just fine 99% of the time.  

I did the same thing here and went to test it before uploading.  I cleared out my buzzcoin appdata folder except for a buzzcoin.conf file with connect=0 in it so I wouldn't connect to the network, and fired up the client.  It seemed to be going fine until I hit the infamous block 273 you mentioned in your post.  Yes, that's right, even completely locally and not connected to the network I could not load up past block 273 from a bootstrap.

I then cleared out my appdata folder completely and tried to sync from scratch by connecting to the network normally.  Again, it stopped at block 273.

I was going to try to sync using the bootstrap and the old client, because my theory is that something to do with the fork and client update makes that block unable to be processed by the new client or something.  Unfortunately, I deleted the original client already.

So, I guess all we can really do is wait for our dev to see this and hopefully he can figure out what the issue is.  The 25% Tx fees were not working when the coin was first released but he was able to get that functional.  This coin is a bit more complicated than your average cut/paste clonecoin so I'll cut him some slack and assume he will keep plugging away at it to all the bugs get worked out.

Looking into it!

Wow it happened to you too even though you were originally synced up.

I agree with your theory that you would need the original Buzzcoin Wallet to sync up until the hardfork and then change to the New Buzzcoin Wallet.

It could also very well be down to the client revision numbers and the nodes that are running the newer wallets are trying to send newer data to older clients because it thinks they are the same revisions.

I can't check because I don't have the old wallet either.

E.G v1.2.0.0 is an old client, then new Hardfork client revision numbers should be changed different to something like v1.3.0.0 or v1.2.1.0

An old coin called Emoticoin had the exact same problems which seems eras back but the network was riddled with upgraded clients with same revision numbers which caused the forks.

It encourages long term staking plus it reduces inflation and allows for POW miners to get in on the action as the fees are 50/50 destroyed or rewarded to POW miners.

The 25% Tx fee is crucial and part of what I liked about this one.  It isn't aiming to be a coin for micro-transactions.  This coin could be like a new and improved version of TEK if it takes off.

I downloaded the new wallet and this is the first time opening the coin, I even tried to delete everything besides wallet.dat afterwards and still no dice...

Try to delete everything again and add the nodes.... Sockpuppet gave a great walk through a few posts back. Follow those steps and you should be good.

I did follow those steps and am not new to altcoins, perhaps give me the old windows wallet download so I can sync up till the fork and then open the new wallet and continue on, did you change the revision numbers for the client so their isn't any compatibility problems with older clients running ?

I have done the above over 10 times thinking it was a slow wallet but it just hangs on block 273 and when closing the wallet it continues to run in the background unless ending its process...

I gave up trying but if you were to upload a boostrap for buzzcoin then I would be willing to try it again.

EDIT : Sorry, it's not working.  I don't know how to make a "proper" bootstrap, I just take the blk0001.dat file, rename it bootstrap.dat, and it works just fine 99% of the time. 

I did the same thing here and went to test it before uploading.  I cleared out my buzzcoin appdata folder except for a buzzcoin.conf file with connect=0 in it so I wouldn't connect to the network, and fired up the client.  It seemed to be going fine until I hit the infamous block 273 you mentioned in your post.  Yes, that's right, even completely locally and not connected to the network I could not load up past block 273 from a bootstrap.

I then cleared out my appdata folder completely and tried to sync from scratch by connecting to the network normally.  Again, it stopped at block 273.

I was going to try to sync using the bootstrap and the old client, because my theory is that something to do with the fork and client update makes that block unable to be processed by the new client or something.  Unfortunately, I deleted the original client already.

So, I guess all we can really do is wait for our dev to see this and hopefully he can figure out what the issue is.  The 25% Tx fees were not working when the coin was first released but he was able to get that functional.  This coin is a bit more complicated than your average cut/paste clonecoin so I'll cut him some slack and assume he will keep plugging away at it to all the bugs get worked out.

Looking into it!
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

EDIT : Sorry, it's not working.  I don't know how to make a "proper" bootstrap, I just take the blk0001.dat file, rename it bootstrap.dat, and it works just fine 99% of the time. 

I did the same thing here and went to test it before uploading.  I cleared out my buzzcoin appdata folder except for a buzzcoin.conf file with connect=0 in it so I wouldn't connect to the network, and fired up the client.  It seemed to be going fine until I hit the infamous block 273 you mentioned in your post.  Yes, that's right, even completely locally and not connected to the network I could not load up past block 273 from a bootstrap.

I then cleared out my appdata folder completely and tried to sync from scratch by connecting to the network normally.  Again, it stopped at block 273.

I was going to try to sync using the bootstrap and the old client, because my theory is that something to do with the fork and client update makes that block unable to be processed by the new client or something.  Unfortunately, I deleted the original client already.

So, I guess all we can really do is wait for our dev to see this and hopefully he can figure out what the issue is.  The 25% Tx fees were not working when the coin was first released but he was able to get that functional.  This coin is a bit more complicated than your average cut/paste clonecoin so I'll cut him some slack and assume he will keep plugging away at it to all the bugs get worked out.
legendary

The 25% Tx fee is crucial and part of what I liked about this one.  It isn't aiming to be a coin for micro-transactions.  This coin could be like a new and improved version of TEK if it takes off.

Are you still having issues?  I will upload a bootstrap if you need it.

Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

The 25% Tx fee is crucial and part of what I liked about this one.  It isn't aiming to be a coin for micro-transactions.  This coin could be like a new and improved version of TEK if it takes off.

Are you still having issues?  I will upload a bootstrap if you need it.

BUZZCOIN is more of a commodity than a cryptocurrency for small transactions. The 25% TXfees help control inflation and people from dumping staked coins while encourage people to continue to stake and compound interest.
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
Bigboss
Good incentive to stake, ins't it? I like it that way.
Activity: 462
Bigboss
Vote for BUZZCOIN on
https://safecex.com/coin/add

Done, you need to search BUZZ first, it's not in the visible list yet
legendary

legendary

Bigboss
HARD FORK WAS SUCCESSFUL! 25% TXfees now working see photo

http://i.imgur.com/LFxizJq.jpg

Ha ha, nice job. Let's see how it goes now.
HARD FORK WAS SUCCESSFUL! 25% TXfees now working see photo

http://i.imgur.com/LFxizJq.jpg
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

It looks like you are on a fork.

Go to your appdata/roaming/buzzcoin folder, SAVE your wallet.dat elsewhere.  Delete everything in that folder EXCEPT for the wallet.dat which you should have moved elsewhere.

Now, create a new .txt file in that folder.  Put these 3 lines in that .txt file.

listen=1
addnode=45.58.46.71
addnode=99.108.148.25

Now save the file as buzzcoin.conf

Now you should be left with a buzzcoin folder that is empty except for the conf file, and your wallet.dat should be saved elsewhere.  Now start up the client and wait for it to resync.  When it appears to be synced, visit the block explorer http://www.tekyexplorer.xyz/buzz/ and confirm you are on the correct block.  If you are, close the client again, replace the wallet.dat in your buzzcoin folder with the old one you should have saved elsewhere, and then start the client again.  Viola, you should be resynced and good to go.

Thank you sir, i learn something new today.. i already fix my wallet and its syncing now.  and specially staking Smiley

Thank You for your help
mez
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Dev please contact yobit wallet still Maintenance deposit not work why ?
its not working for a week now. Dev you should be a little bit more active

its not up to the dev, if you want yobit to get their management in order i suggest you shoot them a message. Coin dev cant do any more about it then YOU can
Pages:
Jump to: