Pages:
Author

Topic: Cairnsmore1 - Quad XC6SLX150 Board - page 51. (Read 286370 times)

donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
July 26, 2012, 01:52:32 PM
Got Glasswalker's test bitstream programmed and working.

Took my most stable board (2.63 + 2.63U with twin-test), programmed to SPI and seems to work. After ~25 minutes I get:
Code:
cgminer version 2.5.0 - Started: [2012-07-26 19:20:12]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):1599.3 (avg):1495.8 Mh/s | Q:95  A:209  R:0  HW:0  E:220%  U:7.5/m
 TQ: 4  ST: 4  SS: 0  DW: 17  NB: 5  LW: 778  GF: 0  RF: 0
 Connected to http://eu.ozco.in:8332 with LP as user zeta-mining.1
 Block: 000008e19c79451adacd7c603a91be7f...  Started: [19:40:07]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 ICA 0:                | 367.8/372.6Mh/s | A:73 R:0 HW:0 U: 2.61/m
 ICA 1:                | 364.1/372.4Mh/s | A:75 R:0 HW:0 U: 2.68/m
 ICA 2:                | 373.9/372.8Mh/s | A:63 R:0 HW:0 U: 2.25/m
 ICA 3:                | 380.0/378.0Mh/s | A: 0 R:0 HW:0 U: 0.00/m

As Glasswalker mentioned, one FPGA is idling (orange LED lit), but 7.5U is way better than 5.3U Smiley

For programming the DIP switches are to be set as Yohan was explaining in the post here, while for mining the mini-howto is almost complete: you need to switch all FPGA DIP switches (2-5) ON.

For those working with Linux, I am using the xc3sprog toolsuite natively, built from SVN with the patch I posted here and the following script (ran as sudo):
Code:
#!/bin/bash

BS=fpgaminer_top.bit

./xc3sprog -c cm1 -p0 -Ixc6lx150.bit $BS && \
./xc3sprog -c cm1 -p1 -Ixc6lx150.bit $BS && \
./xc3sprog -c cm1 -p2 -Ixc6lx150.bit $BS && \
./xc3sprog -c cm1 -p3 -Ixc6lx150.bit $BS && \
    echo "Fertig" | zenity --info || { echo "Fatal error!" && echo "Fehler" | zenity --error; }

You'll need to build cgminer from source with the Baudrate set to 57.6k to mine.

Edit: copy-paste garbage fixed
Activity: 407
Merit: 250
July 26, 2012, 01:47:31 PM
Glad to hear you guys are getting positive results!

Can you post a screenshot of your miners in MPBM?

Also is MPBM reporting hashrate correctly? (I hoped I had fixed that but have yet to test it). If it is that's awesome.

Well so far so good!

I've just finished the rewrite of the UART code, it should solve the 4th slot problem (I hope). This build will be 150Mhash, but it's better than an idle chip. (so flash the 175 on the 3 that work, and on the 4th flash the 150).

It's still synthesizing and could be up to 24h for me to close timing on this one, but I hope it will be quick.

This one also has several more improvements. So once this is working, and tested. I'll hit it headon with all my compute power to optimize and push for a higher timing (as high a hash rate as I can get out of it).

We're getting closer!

EDIT:

Also those of you who have it working, can you post your board serial numbers with success? I hear from Enterpoint that boards under ~50 will possibly have more issues than the higher number ones. My dev board at home is #1 so it's the "worst case", but would be good to know if all of you so far are in 50+ boards, or if anyone is having success with an early board.

Thanks!
Activity: 327
July 26, 2012, 01:41:41 PM
The problem I had with mbpm is that the wep-interface used to configure it is distorted for me. I cant for example even push the button for worksourdes,
The mpbm web interface does not play nice with Firefox. (I.e., doesn't work worth a damn.) This is a known problem.

Try it with a different browser.
For me, works fine with Safari.

Chrome also works.
Activity: 476
July 26, 2012, 01:38:05 PM
The problem I had with mbpm is that the wep-interface used to configure it is distorted for me. I cant for example even push the button for worksourdes,
The mpbm web interface does not play nice with Firefox. (I.e., doesn't work worth a damn.) This is a known problem.

Try it with a different browser.
For me, works fine with Safari.
July 26, 2012, 01:37:11 PM
Im getting the same exact results with cgminer an glasswalkers bitstream. I suppose this is the point where I  need to learn how to compile crainsmoreworker... there isnt a windows build out there, right ?

I'm fairly certain Baud rate needs to be changed somehow in Cgminer to make the Glasswalker Bitstream work in Cgminer I know there are a couple files you can change to do it If Kano is still reading maybe he can give us a tip.

I'm getting 500 ave mhash in MPBM with glasshwalkers bitstream, and 1 of the FPGA's doesn't work which I think is a known problem.
Activity: 339
dafq is goin on
July 26, 2012, 01:30:21 PM
okay, loading makomk 140 bitstream: no success, only f#1 doing sth, but not reaching cgm or mpbm Sad

now trying to load into flash first...

what about the idea of grabbing an irc channel? #cm1 #cairnsmore #enterpoint or sth?
#cm1 up on freenode

sure? ebereon and me are there Wink
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
July 26, 2012, 01:22:26 PM
Im getting the same exact results with cgminer an glasswalkers bitstream. I suppose this is the point where I  need to learn how to compile crainsmoreworker... there isnt a windows build out there, right ?
July 26, 2012, 01:21:35 PM
The dip switch settings were posted a page or two back by Yohan. I believe Switch3 needs to be off, all other on, to program. For "normal operation" it's ALL switches in the "ON" position.

As for that error, I hadn't seen that error on mine. It sounds like a baudrate isn't being specified. If it isn't defaulting one, use 57600 for it, that's the rate this bitstream talks at.

Check that and let me know. If that still causes an error, take a screenshot of exactly what the web UI looks like when you get the error (ie: what stage of the UI this error gets thrown, upon clicking new worker, when filling in the form, when saving the worker, or whatever).

I figured it out the switch settings by accident, I also got MPBm working by creating a normal Icarus miner and changing the Baud rate to 57600. I get that error for the cainsmore the moment I click create new worker and select Cairnsmore from the drop down menu. I have 3 of 4 FPGA hashing away at about 180 it says.

I can give you a screenshot however everything runs perfectly in MPBM except creating that one miner type from the dropdown like i said so im not sure how much it will help, but ill post it in a few here anyhow.
July 26, 2012, 01:20:22 PM
okay, loading makomk 140 bitstream: no success, only f#1 doing sth, but not reaching cgm or mpbm Sad

what about the idea of grabbing an irc channel? #cm1 #cairnsmore #enterpoint or sth?
#cm1 up on freenode
Activity: 339
dafq is goin on
July 26, 2012, 01:14:18 PM

Activity: 407
July 26, 2012, 01:12:57 PM
The dip switch settings were posted a page or two back by Yohan. I believe Switch3 needs to be off, all other on, to program. For "normal operation" it's ALL switches in the "ON" position.

As for that error, I hadn't seen that error on mine. It sounds like a baudrate isn't being specified. If it isn't defaulting one, use 57600 for it, that's the rate this bitstream talks at.

Check that and let me know. If that still causes an error, take a screenshot of exactly what the web UI looks like when you get the error (ie: what stage of the UI this error gets thrown, upon clicking new worker, when filling in the form, when saving the worker, or whatever).
July 26, 2012, 01:10:33 PM
Isokivi,

when i start cgminer or even bfgminer, i get that error different COM's when i try to start it serval times. I was lucky and got it after 14 start tries start up propably. But that is why i'm using mpbm with my cairnsmore worker. It get the boards at 3 try in the worst case.

I use the testing branch of mpbm.

Update on the makomk bitstream:
140: Is working on 9 of 10 boards without problems. Invalids <1%, combined MH/s per board is 560Mh/s. Pool rate is ~5,62GH.
150: Is working on fpga pair 0/1 without problems, but on pair 3/2 invalids >15%!

Will test Glasswalker's bitstream later on one board, because it's slower (525MH/s).

eb
The problem I had with mbpm is that the wep-interface used to configure it is distorted for me. I cant for example even push the button for worksourdes, I found nothing of this in mbpm's thread and no one is replying in the irc-channel so Im going to test glasswalkers bitstream in a few minutes.
July 26, 2012, 12:53:01 PM

- Use enterpoint commandlines to flash the 4x matrix chips (from original document) using the .bit file I posted (in the zip).

"No JTAG Chain found"

Im stuck here.

If you are using the new controller check the new dip switches usage.

Yohan - What about the bitstream that goes along with the controller update?

This is for the bitstream that will come from glasswalker.
[/quote]

What switch Settings should we be using for Programing the Glasswalker bitstream, and what switch settings are for Normal Operation. I know the switch settings for SW 1, and 6, However what are they for 2, 3, 4, 5 when programming and normal operation to be as clear as I can.

Also whenever I try to create Cairnsmore worker from MPBM I get this error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/doff/bin/Modular-Python-Bitcoin-Miner/modules/theseven/webui/api/workereditor.py", line 45, in createworker
    worker = workerclass(core)
  File "/home/doff/bin/Modular-Python-Bitcoin-Miner/modules/theseven/cairnsmore/cairnsmoreworker.py", line 55, in __init__
    super(CairnsmoreWorker, self).__init__(core, state)
  File "/home/doff/bin/Modular-Python-Bitcoin-Miner/core/baseworker.py", line 48, in __init__
    Inflatable.__init__(self, core, state)
  File "/home/doff/bin/Modular-Python-Bitcoin-Miner/core/inflatable.py", line 52, in __init__
    self.apply_settings()
  File "/home/doff/bin/Modular-Python-Bitcoin-Miner/modules/theseven/cairnsmore/cairnsmoreworker.py", line 73, in apply_settings
    if self.started and self.settings.port != self.port or self.settings.baudrate != self.baudrate: self.async_restart()
AttributeError: 'CairnsmoreWorker' object has no attribute 'baudrate'

No clue what that means Maybe you know Glasswalker?

July 26, 2012, 12:34:21 PM

- Use enterpoint commandlines to flash the 4x matrix chips (from original document) using the .bit file I posted (in the zip).

"No JTAG Chain found"

Im stuck here.

Take a look here -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1055321

I hope it helps.

eb
Thank you once again, it does help.. wonder why I missed that, I was using the same image at enterpoints support page as reference.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
July 26, 2012, 12:31:34 PM

"No JTAG Chain found"

Im stuck here.

If you are using the new controller check the new dip switches usage.

[/quote]
Yohan - What about the bitstream that goes along with the controller update?

This is for the bitstream that will come from glasswalker.
Activity: 397
Merit: 500
July 26, 2012, 12:31:15 PM

"No JTAG Chain found"

Im stuck here.

Take a look here -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1055321

I hope it helps.

eb
July 26, 2012, 12:29:18 PM

"No JTAG Chain found"

Im stuck here.
Activity: 397
Merit: 500
July 26, 2012, 12:18:08 PM
Isokivi,

when i start cgminer or even bfgminer, i get that error different COM's when i try to start it serval times. I was lucky and got it after 14 start tries start up propably. But that is why i'm using mpbm with my cairnsmore worker. It get the boards at 3 try in the worst case.

I use the testing branch of mpbm.

Update on the makomk bitstream:
140: Is working on 9 of 10 boards without problems. Invalids <1%, combined MH/s per board is 560Mh/s. Pool rate is ~5,62GH.
150: Is working on fpga pair 0/1 without problems, but on pair 3/2 invalids >15%!

Will test Glasswalker's bitstream later on one board, because it's slower (525MH/s).

eb
Activity: 476
July 26, 2012, 11:55:18 AM
cgminer doesn't require opencl to compile, ./configure will work out that you don't have opencl and will not include GPU mining in the compile
Well that sounds pretty damn obvious. I just didn't think to look / try.

Thank you.
July 26, 2012, 11:38:39 AM
nice it's working for you now!  Grin

Please try it with mpbm, cgminer works too but sometimes it gets the error when started 0x... should be 0x....

Cgminer is failing on all com-ports. "Icarus Detect: Test failed at \\.\COM20: get 00000000, should 000187a2"

Guess this is what you were talking about.
What version of mpbm are you using ?
Pages:
Jump to: