Pages:
Author

Topic: Cairnsmore1 - Quad XC6SLX150 Board - page 91. (Read 286370 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 19, 2012, 07:24:19 PM
You will usually get a reply within a day. So send again. We have occasionally had an email go astray.
Before resending, I went and searched the filtered/spam directory.

I had received a response within two hours of sending the purchase request.

Nice work, guys. And apologies for *my* negligence to check in the first place.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
June 19, 2012, 06:32:36 PM
You will usually get a reply within a day. So send again. We have occasionally had an email go astray.
Ok, mail resent.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
June 19, 2012, 06:17:22 PM
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
June 19, 2012, 06:15:00 PM
Received confirmation by mail that I was scheduled for ordering and ordered my boards yesterday.

Just when I wondered if there was some delay to be expected here...

I have received no response to the email I sent them on Saturday. When did you send your purchase request email, please?

IOWs, how long was the time between your first email and the confirmation?
  • pre-ordered 2 boards May the 5th
  • received and declined an early ship proposition for one of the 2 boards May the 26th
  • received a get-go for my whole order and ordered June the 18th, paid the 19th and received shipping confirmation the same day
Activity: 17
June 19, 2012, 06:06:53 PM
I have received no response to the email I sent them on Saturday. When did you send your purchase request email, please?

I sent mine on Sunday, waiting also for the reply
Activity: 476
June 19, 2012, 05:55:00 PM
Received confirmation by mail that I was scheduled for ordering and ordered my boards yesterday.

June 19, 2012, 12:59:10 PM
I would advice Enterpoint not to publish that much information. It might help competitors to push them out of the market.
That's their call. The benefit for them is not easy to quantify : it will help gain customer trust but they may already have enough of that Smiley
Activity: 466
June 19, 2012, 12:41:45 PM
I would advice Enterpoint not to publish that much information. It might help competitors to push them out of the market.
Activity: 697
Merit: 500
June 19, 2012, 12:32:52 PM
@yohan : do you plan to publish the total number of boards ordered or delivered ? The community often tries to keep track of these numbers (there are dedicated threads for this purpose for other manufacturers) but it would be nice if Enterpoint would communicate them at regular intervals.
Although most businesses don't like to reveal info like this, it's always interesting to know from a statistical perspective.

Yup, some of us enjoy fun stats like the amount of GH/s provided by various solutions.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
June 19, 2012, 10:25:27 AM
@yohan : do you plan to publish the total number of boards ordered or delivered ? The community often tries to keep track of these numbers (there are dedicated threads for this purpose for other manufacturers) but it would be nice if Enterpoint would communicate them at regular intervals.
Although most businesses don't like to reveal info like this, it's always interesting to know from a statistical perspective.
June 19, 2012, 10:20:02 AM

I'm very pleased with the way Enterpoint is communicating with us and matching their schedule since day 1.
The pricing offer for early adopters is the icing on the cake.

mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
June 19, 2012, 08:26:57 AM
Ok time for a commercial nugget. We have decided a few things here in response to great support we have been getting from the vast majority of you all.

The first decision is that for any Cairnsmore1 order already placed/received or placed before the end of June we will allow the same customer to place orders up to the same amount again and at the same price during July, August or September 2012. If by chance we have a better offer they will be switched to that and receive that pricing.

The second decision is that until the we reach 800 MH/s on Cairnsmore1 the offer price will be available for any new orders. The 800 MH/s performance can be by any available bitstream and that changeover is at our sole discretion. The pricing changeover will be announced in this thread. The post 800MH/s pricing structure will be announced at this point and not before.

Our third decision is that any of competitors, apart from ***, that operate in a fair way are welcome to take advantage of our silicon prices and have their unit built in our line. There will obviously be some discussion on the price to do this work and you may, or not, like the price but that is an offer essentially with no strings attached. You are welcome to use this offer or not. We believe that Bitcoin will be better served with a range of competing FPGA hardware solutions available and that is the spirit in which this offer is made.

Yohan

^ I have died and gone to bitcoin heaven.
Activity: 378
Why is it so damn hot in here?
June 19, 2012, 08:11:57 AM
Ok time for a commercial nugget. We have decided a few things here in response to great support we have been getting from the vast majority of you all.

The first decision is that for any Cairnsmore1 order already placed/received or placed before the end of June we will allow the same customer to place orders up to the same amount again and at the same price during July, August or September 2012. If by chance we have a better offer they will be switched to that and receive that pricing.

The second decision is that until the we reach 800 MH/s on Cairnsmore1 the offer price will be available for any new orders. The 800 MH/s performance can be by any available bitstream and that changeover is at our sole discretion. The pricing changeover will be announced in this thread. The post 800MH/s pricing structure will be announced at this point and not before.

Our third decision is that any of competitors, apart from ***, that operate in a fair way are welcome to take advantage of our silicon prices and have their unit built in our line. There will obviously be some discussion on the price to do this work and you may, or not, like the price but that is an offer essentially with no strings attached. You are welcome to use this offer or not. We believe that Bitcoin will be better served with a range of competing FPGA hardware solutions available and that is the spirit in which this offer is made.

Yohan

Holy fucking epic Batman!

Do you folks ride to work on unicorns and fart rainbows by an chance?

Yohan, be careful, you guys are quickly crossing into the "To good to be true" spectrum.

Mods, can you sticky this post as a reminder to certain other "companies" on how a business should be run?
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
June 19, 2012, 07:11:21 AM

Yohan

Wow, thank you for the great offer Yohan Smiley

And it's great to see you offering other competitors to use your production line. This is something that really surprised me! But it's great to see that you've obviously got some of the spirit of the Bitcoin community and are not entirely profit-driven!

<3

Um. Wow. That is incredibly generous and I agree on all points. Bringing down the MH/$ ratio with such an offer is great for everyone even if it isn't an Enterpoint board.
I agree. This is great for the community and very sporting of Enterpoint to offer such a deal to competitors.
June 19, 2012, 05:54:28 AM

The first decision is that for any Cairnsmore1 order placed before the end of June we will allow the same customer to place orders up to the same amount again and at the same price during July, August or September 2012. If by chance we have a better offer they will be switched to that and receive that pricing.

Yohan,

I read in your offer that we, early adopters (order placed at the end of april), are entitled to such offer as well Smiley

spiccioli

Yes I just modified the post to make that clearer.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
June 19, 2012, 05:49:12 AM

The first decision is that for any Cairnsmore1 order placed before the end of June we will allow the same customer to place orders up to the same amount again and at the same price during July, August or September 2012. If by chance we have a better offer they will be switched to that and receive that pricing.

Yohan,

I read in your offer that we, early adopters (order placed at the end of april), are entitled to such offer as well Smiley

spiccioli
Activity: 697
Merit: 500
June 19, 2012, 05:27:22 AM

Yohan

Um. Wow. That is incredibly generous and I agree on all points. Bringing down the MH/$ ratio with such an offer is great for everyone even if it isn't an Enterpoint board.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 19, 2012, 05:22:14 AM
Yohan, your a legend.  Keep up the good work mate.

kind regards
June 19, 2012, 04:48:34 AM

The first decision is that for any Cairnsmore1 order already placed/received or placed before the end of June we will allow the same customer to place orders up to the a total of the same amount again, and at the same price, anytime during July, August or September 2012. If by chance we have a better offer they will be switched to that and receive that pricing.

Yohan

Activity: 8
June 19, 2012, 01:47:51 AM

I have a complaint Yohan, you are being far to forth coming and honest about your product - please start ignoring and insulting your clients the way we FPGA bitcoiners  have become accustomed to. Wink

In all seriousness, you guys rock and its a pleasure to see a launch done right. (pre launch actually and that just makes it even more impressive).

I had a chuckle reading this, I have just experienced the accustomed way of communicating today.
But Yohan you have been a pleasure to deal with so far so I look forward to dealing with you for a long time.

Funny how customer service has a big influence on peoples choices.
Maybe it has something to do with the after sales support people believe they may or may not get!
Pages:
Jump to: