Author

Topic: ★★★★ [CAIx] ★ First 100% PoS At Launch ★ PSP ★★★★ - page 118. (Read 416437 times)

Activity: 837
Merit: 505
I lost coins because I mistakenly put confidence in the dev team and planned to hold this coin long-term, and therefore didn't concern myself with the daily minutiae.  On what basis do you claim there was no problem with communication?  I see people repeating that, but there is never any actual support offered.  I have explained why I think the communication was deficient several times.  Please explain how they are justified in not putting a message in the OP reading, "Once the 1.6M CAIx currently available for exchange have been exhausted there will be no more.  Exchange your CAI ASAP or they may become worthless!"

+100500!!! I had hoped that CAI is long-term perspective, and therefore do not need to continually check that there have decided once again to make developers. It turns out in vain. We had to constantly read the forum that you would not accidentally robbed.
legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020
https://twitter.com/JStuhlman
@klopper

I am sorry but I expect a response from TheStuhlman.

Other people think like me that the communication wasn’t good!

I call complete and utter BS on that. The communication from Stuhlman was great and the only people who whine are people who intentionally mined until the very end in order get coins on low difficulty and you guys now come here, blaming the developer who did everything in his powers to make this transition as smooth as possible.

I don't disagree that Sthulman's communication was good - It was simply misleading and easy to misread or not follow exactly what was happening. I (incorrectly) assumed that mining would stop once the 1.6 million had been mined and that we could then exchange our coins. At no point was it mentioned (that I recall) that there was the possibility that 1 in 5 coins would not be available for exchange.

I could have forgiven maybe 2-3% of coins to make up for lost wallets etc, but 20% is an enormous number. This is what SHOULD have been communicated and the pools SHOULD have been shut down OR the block reward changed to ZERO to prevent this. There were plenty of ways this could have been prevented.

TheStuhlman can't force pools to close operations. Stop blaming everybody else and take a long look in the mirror. It's your fault and nobody else's and there was nothing misleading in the announcement. Learn to take responsibility for your own action or inaction.

1) We are taking responsibility by calling them out.  I have not asked for anything except an explanation and doubt I'll even get that.  2) That cuts both ways.  The devs here are supposed to be the professionals, and we are just consumers.  They need to take responsibility for their crap communication that screwed over their own supporters.

I have pointed out that neither the website nor the OP clearly stated that the ability to exchange CAI for CAIx would stop.  I have not yet seen any of the supporters of this transition dispute that fact.  The devs say they can't put updates about every little development in those locations without completely flooding them.  This is true, but we are not talking about a little development.  There is currently a great deal of fluff in their announcements about future announcements in the OP; this is taking up way more space than they ever devoted to explaining how the transition would work.  They could put those details all over the internet and on TV and in newspapers--but if they are missing from what should be the two primary sources of crucial information on the coin, then they have failed their supporters.

Now that I see what the transition plan actually was, I can't get past the view that it was either extraordinarily poorly planned, or extraordinarily dishonest.  They knew that a substantial portion of the coins mined would be trash in the end--and an even higher portion of those mined toward the end would be useless.  Are they so naive as to believe that people were just going to be cool with throwing away those coins (poor planning)?  Or did they know that people wouldn't like it and therefore decided to downplay that aspect of the transition (dishonest)?  It really has to be one or the other.  They passed 1.6M around 5/8, so everything mined in the last 10 days was essentially worthless.  Even if the communication had been perfect, you would still end up with a mad scramble to exchange coins before they ran out, and some of their supporters would get screwed.  How is such a plan defensible?

One of the biggest challenges facing cryptocurrency in general is making it suitable for the masses.  If anybody thinks that a coin is going to succeed if its devs can't even communicate this kind of fundamental information to a very tech savvy (relative to the general population) base of supporters, I think you are sorely mistaken.
There were aprox 300k of the 400k premine coins that did not get converted to caix. There was plenty of coins available and no problem with communication. You lost coins because you did not pay attention to your investment.

I lost coins because I mistakenly put confidence in the dev team and planned to hold this coin long-term, and therefore didn't concern myself with the daily minutiae.  On what basis do you claim there was no problem with communication?  I see people repeating that, but there is never any actual support offered.  I have explained why I think the communication was deficient several times.  Please explain how they are justified in not putting a message in the OP reading, "Once the 1.6M CAIx currently available for exchange have been exhausted there will be no more.  Exchange your CAI ASAP or they may become worthless!"

I did make that statement on OP and on thread and on twitter several times, it was even published in articles about crypto. However, I do understand that some people missed out and miners kept on taking what is available. If you PM me your wallet address and the amount of coins you have, I will confirm that it existed before the 18. I will put my rigs on the multipool and mine CAIx and replace for you. There was no lack of communication at all when it came to this transition, we made an announcement after announcement about it. But like I said, I will make the best effort to make sure no one loses his CAI that they had before the 18. The 1.6 Million CAIx are now in circulation and I can not just make more. Some people will continue to mine CAI and come back and ask for more CAIx, I can not help them. But like I said if you had coins before the 18 I will help you recover them by mining it for you on the multipool at my expense, just pm me your wallet address and I will check on the explorer if they existed before the 18. That's all I can do, I can not make more CAIx so people can keep mining CAI for ever and replace them. Before CAIx project I ran pools and we ran into problems with some coins where we lost coins because of a bad client that crashed or a bad setup that caused double payouts etc.. I have never asked miners to cover the loss I have always covered those from my rigs and pool fees. I have built my pool reputation on everyone getting what they mine, and every pool I ever built was a total success.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Im sorry you can not read. The information has only been in twitter, the updates on the front page of this post for weeks. YES weeks.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
@klopper

I call complete and utter BS on that. The communication from Stuhlman was great and the only people who whine are people who intentionally mined until the very end in order get coins on low difficulty and you guys now come here, blaming the developer who did everything in his powers to make this transition as smooth as possible.

I don't disagree that Sthulman's communication was good - It was simply misleading and easy to misread or not follow exactly what was happening. I (incorrectly) assumed that mining would stop once the 1.6 million had been mined and that we could then exchange our coins. At no point was it mentioned (that I recall) that there was the possibility that 1 in 5 coins would not be available for exchange.

I could have forgiven maybe 2-3% of coins to make up for lost wallets etc, but 20% is an enormous number. This is what SHOULD have been communicated and the pools SHOULD have been shut down OR the block reward changed to ZERO to prevent this. There were plenty of ways this could have been prevented.

TheStuhlman can't force pools to close operations. Stop blaming everybody else and take a long look in the mirror. It's your fault and nobody else's and there was nothing misleading in the announcement. Learn to take responsibility for your own action or inaction.

1) We are taking responsibility by calling them out.  I have not asked for anything except an explanation and doubt I'll even get that.  2) That cuts both ways.  The devs here are supposed to be the professionals, and we are just consumers.  They need to take responsibility for their crap communication that screwed over their own supporters.

I have pointed out that neither the website nor the OP clearly stated that the ability to exchange CAI for CAIx would stop.  I have not yet seen any of the supporters of this transition dispute that fact.  The devs say they can't put updates about every little development in those locations without completely flooding them.  This is true, but we are not talking about a little development.  There is currently a great deal of fluff in their announcements about future announcements in the OP; this is taking up way more space than they ever devoted to explaining how the transition would work.  They could put those details all over the internet and on TV and in newspapers--but if they are missing from what should be the two primary sources of crucial information on the coin, then they have failed their supporters.

Now that I see what the transition plan actually was, I can't get past the view that it was either extraordinarily poorly planned, or extraordinarily dishonest.  They knew that a substantial portion of the coins mined would be trash in the end--and an even higher portion of those mined toward the end would be useless.  Are they so naive as to believe that people were just going to be cool with throwing away those coins (poor planning)?  Or did they know that people wouldn't like it and therefore decided to downplay that aspect of the transition (dishonest)?  It really has to be one or the other.  They passed 1.6M around 5/8, so everything mined in the last 10 days was essentially worthless.  Even if the communication had been perfect, you would still end up with a mad scramble to exchange coins before they ran out, and some of their supporters would get screwed.  How is such a plan defensible?

One of the biggest challenges facing cryptocurrency in general is making it suitable for the masses.  If anybody thinks that a coin is going to succeed if its devs can't even communicate this kind of fundamental information to a very tech savvy (relative to the general population) base of supporters, I think you are sorely mistaken.
There were aprox 300k of the 400k premine coins that did not get converted to caix. There was plenty of coins available and no problem with communication. You lost coins because you did not pay attention to your investment.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
really looking forward to the new announcement Smiley
Activity: 837
Merit: 505
Hey developers, you said that ALL CAI will be exchanged for CAIx. ALL.

Now I can not change my CAI on CAIx. Why?
Activity: 7
@TheStuhlman

Thank you for your response.

I send you an email with my username and mail.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
@klopper

Activity: 25
@klopper

legendary
@TheStuhlman

Yes my coins was mined far ago from the 18.

I was on the multipool from laterbreh:

http://caishen.leetpools.net/

I transfered the coin on coinswap yesterday.

Coin swap give me an answer with your mail.

What informations do you need to proof my coin was mined far before 18 ?

Thanks

PM me your account details on leetpools, email and username.
I will try and get this resolved for you.
@TheStuhlman

Yes my coins was mined far ago from the 18.

I was on the multipool from laterbreh:

http://caishen.leetpools.net/

I transfered the coin on coinswap yesterday.

Coin swap give me an answer with your mail.

What informations do you need to proof my coin was mined far before 18 ?

Thanks
Activity: 138
I have exchanged all my CAI the day exchange started. I also switched from mining other coins to mining CAI after that, and was mining and changing proceeds to CAIx several times a day. I stopped mining once it was announced that 20K CAIx at coin-swap are the last one. I didn't lost a single CAI. I'm a happy CAIx holder. What I did wrong??
Activity: 148
Hi TheStuhlman can you response me:

Your communication wasn't clear.

I don't see a definitive date or something about the hurry to exchange the coins.

I have mined your coin and I have made publicity for you.

And now I have Caishen coin and can't exchange them.

Do something for those who has believed in you!

If you go back in this thread or you read our announcements here and on twitter, you should have seen we announced the 18 as the approximate final date. Miners were the ones who got the benefit of CAI from day one, the only people selling CAI from it's debut on exchanges till the last few days were miners.
We are not giving up on miners now, we are making a multipool with new features that has not been applied elsewhere. This week we will put the miners back on a very profitable road again. I have no access to CAIx to change it to CAI that is still being mined. We said this will end weeks ago, and every pool had this posted. I can not see how you missed that. I am not blaming you for this situation, I am a miner myself and hate to see my work go unpaid, it happened to me a few times, like on emucoin or panda coin or Syncoin etc.. However the situation with CAI to CAIx was totally different we gave more than enough time for this switch and we had two exchanges cooperate with us on this, Coinswap and Mintpal, both did a great job in making this transition a success.

To the miners I say we have not given up on you, in a couple of days we will have a multipool for you that will enable you to mine for CAIx. It is important we get this done right. I know the miners who do not keep track of what's happening will get upset, however, I am sure we will give them a great alternative with our multipool. I will also donate my own rigs work on the multipool and give the CAIx to them if they can prove they had the CAI prior to the 18. I really do not want anyone to lose coins in this process.

my friend mined CAI from the start and have about 2k8 Coins, he was too busy to convert these coins. why all CAI cannot exchange to CAIx???
legendary

I don't see a definitive date or something about the hurry to exchange the coins.

If you go back in this thread or you read our announcements here and on twitter, you should have seen we announced the 18 as the approximate final date. Miners were the ones who got the benefit of CAI from day one, the only people selling CAI from it's debut on exchanges till the last few days were miners.
We are not giving up on miners now, we are making a multipool with new features that has not been applied elsewhere. This week we will put the miners back on a very profitable road again. I have no access to CAIx to change it to CAI that is still being mined. We said this will end weeks ago, and every pool had this posted. I can not see how you missed that. I am not blaming you for this situation, I am a miner myself and hate to see my work go unpaid, it happened to me a few times, like on emucoin or panda coin or Syncoin etc.. However the situation with CAI to CAIx was totally different we gave more than enough time for this switch and we had two exchanges cooperate with us on this, Coinswap and Mintpal, both did a great job in making this transition a success.

To the miners I say we have not given up on you, in a couple of days we will have a multipool for you that will enable you to mine for CAIx. It is important we get this done right. I know the miners who do not keep track of what's happening will get upset, however, I am sure we will give them a great alternative with our multipool. I will also donate my own rigs work on the multipool and give the CAIx to them if they can prove they had the CAI prior to the 18. I really do not want anyone to lose coins in this process.

legendary
For the miners, the general has dozens of wallets, who is available every day to focus on a coin purse change or transformation is not new money, many of which are put for a long time I hope he added, while the CAI was soon closed his exchange , which makes a lot of miners to Fortuna disappointed hopes CAI exchange opened again, to regain the trust of your miners!

The multipool will open this week and miners will make CAIx again. It's the nature of the transition that we have to wait. We will email all the miners from our database to give them website for the multipool and start time. So a little patience.
Activity: 5
Mintpal a bit busy with server traffic, should be up soon.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
I'll be holding for sure lol.  I've noticed almost all shareholders are holding instead of selling.  Only people buying now are investors....  Only people selling are fools.....
Activity: 140
So if there are 20% unrealized CAI-CAIx exchanges, many people have lost their hard mined CAI now. This should increase the price of CAIx quite a lot. I have also about 120 CAI which stayed for few days in coin-swap.net and just forgot to exchange them  Shocked

Yep, lost all of mine because I mined when CAI launched and didn't realize anything like that was happening. Shit, I saw the 'CAIx' on exchanges and thought it was just part of the rebranding. I hold at least 40 different coins.. can't keep up with them all.

Didn't have much, at least.
Activity: 829
Merit: 1000
So if there are 20% unrealized CAI-CAIx exchanges, many people have lost their hard mined CAI now. This should increase the price of CAIx quite a lot. I have also about 120 CAI which stayed for few days in coin-swap.net and just forgot to exchange them  Shocked

I don't think that there is 20% of unexchanged CAI's. I stoped with mining on 17th although diff was droping. I can agree with some coments that end of mining didn't comunicated the best way but that's why you were suppose to take extra precaution.
Jump to: