Author

Topic: ★★★★ [CAIx] ★ First 100% PoS At Launch ★ PSP ★★★★ - page 214. (Read 416437 times)

Activity: 190
Merit: 100
I hope we will see some stats after 1st stage of IPO? Total bids in BTC for example.
According easy math, this should be more then 50BTC.

But whats happening if devs didnt get enought? Just 30BTC for example. Will CAI be more cheaper for investors, or devs add their money, or premine will be reduced?  Huh
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
more developers = better?  Roll Eyes
Better Smiley
I here to join  Cheesy
We need more pages in this thread - before 1 week start
legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020
https://twitter.com/JStuhlman
I still feel entry price is on the high side ( 10x what UTC was sold for I believe )

but on the other hand might help stop the cheap dumping's

ordered 1 BTC worth of IPO any how and might swing some hash power to a pool later on

UTC max coin is 100 million    CAI max coin is 28 million
UTC/minute produced 100     CAI/minute produced  19
Sold to investors 1.6 million   investors get  <=  280K
UTC/day produced 144k        CAI/day produced ~ 27k

Our intention was the furthest from selling cheap coins to dump on the first exchange. After 8 days from release miners would have mined 216k CAI
investors would receive an amount less or equal to 280K. If we take Vertcoin for example, it produces 20 coins/minute, so CAI produced per/minute is less than that of Vertcoin. This is a very important factor to consider when you determine potential price on exchanges. Also there is a surprise for stage 1 investors waiting at stage closing.

Are you considering PoS implementation, if so what %. Also PoS should be mined/added/processed monthly cause that would keep more coins in wallets than if it's added yearly which is the case with UTC.

We have discussed PoS and we reviewed many coins that offer PoS. If you look closely at the long term charts of a PoS coin, you would see the coin has long periods of flatlines, and as soon as it sees some improvements from the developers that send the coin into a higher price it will get dumped on heavily by whales holding the coin for long term PoS. This can become frustrating to the community/miners/developers. As any improvement would only benefit a big whale holding X% of total coins. The strength of a coin is determined by it's market movement, if a coin is held tightly by a small group, it will also be held back. Do not take me wrong the developers will hold CAI and will make nice income if that CAI produced X% of PoS, but we only considered the long term health of the coin. I opposed it personally because I want all the developers to work as hard as they can to make the CAI they hold worth a lot more in the future, VS making that X% monthly and dumping it on the market, without any incentive to do anything.
Activity: 829
Merit: 1000
I still feel entry price is on the high side ( 10x what UTC was sold for I believe )

ordered 1 BTC worth of IPO any how and might swing some hash power to a pool later on

Our intention was the furthest from selling cheap coins to dump on the first exchange. After 8 days from release miners would have mined 216k CAI
investors would receive an amount less or equal to 280K. If we take Vertcoin for example, it produces 20 coins/minute, so CAI produced per/minute is less than that of Vertcoin. This is a very important factor to consider when you determine potential price on exchanges. Also there is a surprise for stage 1 investors waiting at stage closing.

Are you considering PoS implementation, if so what %. Also PoS should be mined/added/processed monthly cause that would keep more coins in wallets than if it's added yearly which is the case with UTC.
legendary

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000
I also made bid for 1 BTC CAI's at IPO price.
Regarding IPO price i think its OK but yes, market will tell.
Just to compare
 Coins in total: VTC 84 million / UTC 100 million / CAI 28 million
 Block time: VTC 150 sec (2,5 min) / UTC 30 sec / CAI 88 sec
 Block Rewards: VTC 50 coins / UTC 50 coins / CAI 28 coins
 Coins per min: VTC - 20 / UTC - 100 / CAI - 19
 Current price BTC: VTC 0.0018 / UTC 0.00021 / CAI 0.0005
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
28million coin and 0.0005 BTC per caishencoin.   it's tooooooo expensive . The price should be determined by the market but not DEV , when i got ipo , The failure of investment risk is high enough....

so i will not join ipo but mine the coin is better..

Activity: 426

Activity: 162
Merit: 10
Update: all details for pool operators ready. We should have a list of pools on Friday for pre-registrations. Also Friday 11:59 PM Eastern time will be the end of stage 1 of the IPO.
legendary
Is this the main thread for this coin? It seems kind of slow....  Huh

We are not dealing with many trolls because we are somewhat known by many people on these forums, trolls make threads somewhat popular by injecting a lot of posts. I know in marketing any publicity is good publicity, but I am also glad I have more time to work on more important stuff and when marketing comes, people won't have to deal with pages and pages of unimportant material. Who knows maybe the trolls are busy with almost 30 coins released in two weeks, and will catch up to us when their time allows it.  Grin  and when they do I hope I am done with all the important stuff.
We are also holding back on heavy marketing in the IPO period, as that will make us look like we are seeking a quick exit, which we are not.

legendary
Working on rewards and bounties today, will also have more information for pool owners to finalize settings on their pools. We are done with the Linux client and working on the windows and Mac clients. We have claims for bounties on Block explorer, faucet, and IRC tip BOT Dice game Bot, client API's in explorer to allow for Android and other app interactions.
Activity: 168
Merit: 250
Is this the main thread for this coin? It seems kind of slow....  Huh
Activity: 98
you be stupid to give bitcoins to another coin.  maybe i should start a coin and take bitcoins for dibs on my stupid coin.

Most wealth comes from sound investment. I have to agree with you, giving BTC to new coins is risky, and there was a bunch of crooked devs who abused this to the extreme. But it is the same situation in the real word, Ponzi schemes and bad banks/bankers, should people stop investing?
90% of IPO investments in altcoins have paid off for investors, a much better ratio than real world investments and this figure is not exaggerated.

Well said.

In general, IPO for new coins is risky, but roi is amazing in real world relative terms.

Plus CaiShen seems to have serious, reliable, people behind it, contrary to many other projects.
legendary
you be stupid to give bitcoins to another coin.  maybe i should start a coin and take bitcoins for dibs on my stupid coin.

Most wealth comes from sound investment. I have to agree with you, giving BTC to new coins is risky, and there was a bunch of crooked devs who abused this to the extreme. But it is the same situation in the real word, Ponzi schemes and bad banks/bankers, should people stop investing?
90% of IPO investments in altcoins have paid off for investors, a much better ratio than real world investments and this figure is not exaggerated.
legendary
too  expensive of the ipo !

The coin price was based on max coin quantity and coins produced per minute. We took an average of the coins prices and quantities and this price we reached will allow an investor a potential minimum profit of at least 4 times his initial investment. We could have made the max coins in the billions and sold a huge amount of coins for more BTC but it was not our intention to collect BTC an run like most failed IPO's with devs who have no ethics. We will not flood the market with cheap coins. And whatever BTC we collect will be spent on the coin. We as devs will get payment biweekly in CAI and will hold our coins to give CAI it's true potential. Some of the Devs are pool owners including me, and we know how devastating it is when devs break loose and run with IPO money or abandon a coin. We intend to promote this coin for a long long time, because it will be an income source from our pools as well. We will have all interest in making sure it's not abandoned. Building a healthy coin community is also very important for any coin, so we will make great efforts on that front. With the market situation now and the over saturation of coins, it won't be long before the good coins from bad coins can be told.
legendary
This is complete and total garbage. Coin dev should be embarrassed at the state of this coin, even more so because he is doing an IPO. STOP INVESTING IN THESE GARBAGE COINS. This type of obvious profiteering bullshit is hurting the crypto community.

IPO money is not going to the devs, we stated that clearly. It will be only spent on promotions, ad campaigns. The link to the wallet holding IPO money will be put out in the open, and spending will be verifiable as well. People paying for the IPO will be paying for to promote what they bought, not a losing proposal. I know these IPO's attract too much criticism because of what some greedy devs do, but not all apples are bad apples. We do know one thing, we are sticking with CaiShen for the long run.
Activity: 164
alt fans!
too  expensive of the ipo !
Activity: 252
This is complete and total garbage. Coin dev should be embarrassed at the state of this coin, even more so because he is doing an IPO. STOP INVESTING IN THESE GARBAGE COINS. This type of obvious profiteering bullshit is hurting the crypto community.
Activity: 162
New logo added today. Next a full rewards and bounties program.
legendary
What's the block time?  

Block time is 88 seconds. I re-added to announcement, as I removed it by mistake yesterday.
88...lol, definitely Asian coin. Sounds now like "superstitious coin".

Edit: actually "88 coin" sounds cool also, cheers

I guess the block time made you think that way, but we did not base anything on superstitions, and we did not leave anything to chance. When we take off, we will not spare anything to make you change your mind.
Jump to: