Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin also lead to corruption ? - page 21. (Read 51258 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 232
December 17, 2017, 07:39:17 AM
It seems to me that Bitcoin is called up to eliminate corruption. Bitcoin allows the entire system to be made completely transparent. It has a public register of transactions and everyone can see, check and analyze transactions. Bitcoin claims the maximum transparency, decentralization and access to it for everyone. This is how he tries to fight corruption.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 17, 2017, 07:28:45 AM
We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
for me, anything that is sorrounded by money can lead to corruption. Like in the government, they implemented rules and guidelines  of using bitcoin to prevent it from money laundering. Some  people  also uses Bitcoin to scam people, they uses bitcoin in a pyramiding and networking scheme to get money from others. That's how greedy people uses bitcoin for corruption.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
December 17, 2017, 07:28:22 AM
The thing that makes the corruptors happy with the feature of bitcoin is anonymous, this makes nobody knows who the owner of bitcoin so it becomes heaven to put the money of corruption.
Using bitcoin to aid your corrupt practices would not be the smartest thing to do because if people that send these bitcoins to you decide to whistleblow that this employee is corrupt and they have the evidence against you...the law will catch up with you as you can get rid of the btc tx which can be part of the evidence.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
December 17, 2017, 07:10:06 AM
Bitcoin is more attractive than the normal fiat so it's really going to be the most target of very corrupt people. I can guarantee that it will be rampant in the government if they succeed on taxing it.
If the government will be using bitcoin then I believe it's going to be in our favor, the blockchain is public and this is the real transparency that we are are looking and we as taxpayer can also audit the money being spent. I think it's going to be a big change but in the present government set up but I believe this change must happen as it will give us a real freedom of information which is now we are not enjoying yet.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
December 17, 2017, 06:48:59 AM
Yeah, corruption could used the anonymous feature of Bitcoin to covering themself. So someway bitcoin could be the supports for corruptions.
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
December 17, 2017, 05:35:45 AM
Corruption is reserved for selfish and greedy people to earn money, whereas much money is tainted by this, because they are going to corrupt. Maybe in this situation, bitcoin can involve people who have used it. Transactions are easy and can not be tracked. We hope it will never happen to this bitcoin. Smiley
Activity: 602
December 17, 2017, 04:24:17 AM
Bitcoin is more attractive than the normal fiat so it's really going to be the most target of very corrupt people. I can guarantee that it will be rampant in the government if they succeed on taxing it.
Activity: 343
Merit: 250
December 17, 2017, 03:27:54 AM
I think rather than thinking about the negative side of what "may" happen to bitcoin we should focus first on the reality on what "can" happen to bitcoin. like for example the increase of users and investors lead to the increase of our net profit or income. plus I think there is still no taxes here in bitcoin so how can it be corrupted?
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
December 17, 2017, 03:25:08 AM
is very unfortunate because there are always people who want to use bitcoin to commit a crime as well as a crime of corruption by doing money laundering practices whose purpose is to inflate money on the rights of others.
Activity: 171
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
December 17, 2017, 03:17:58 AM
We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
I think bitcoin can't lead to corruption. Because government can't own bitcoin to others. But everyone can own bitcoin. So it depends to government on how they work for their better community.
Activity: 644
December 17, 2017, 03:16:07 AM
Probably precisely money laundering, bitcoin could be an easy land to launder money from unlawful results, because in an anonymous bitcoin transaction no one knows the identity of the transactor, but it can be prevented if the government can cooperate with a trading company or exchange for obtaining data from each registered account.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
December 17, 2017, 03:13:20 AM
I think no, because corruption is start in the government in small or big they commit corrupt. So, I think bitcoin can't lead to corruption. Because it depends to government that work for their community. If they want a better community so they don't commit corrupt, and they don't used bitcoin to corrupt other's.
Activity: 364
Pawsome
December 17, 2017, 03:08:50 AM
The thing that makes the corruptors happy with the feature of bitcoin is anonymous, this makes nobody knows who the owner of bitcoin so it becomes heaven to put the money of corruption.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
December 17, 2017, 12:13:50 AM

Yes, corruption can happen anywhere else with this currency

How will the digital currency lead to corruption since it is a decentralized crypto currency? Corruption is all about the government people who are trying to steal and corrupt the people and money. I think rather than corruption, the serious crimes that might be committed in using bitcoin is money laundering, which I think that other criminals have done now, and the terrorist transactions.
Activity: 742
Merit: 160
December 17, 2017, 12:13:17 AM
Bitcoin has been a wide source of income of almost everyone in the world right now. The occurence of corruption within it is possible knowing that the system of it is not that hard to be abused. If ever the power of bitcoin will be abused, the chances that corruption will occur will increase more. Bitcoin is a very popular cryptocurrency and it is not too far from being corrupted by those greedy people.
Activity: 317
Merit: 1
December 16, 2017, 11:57:43 PM

Yes, corruption can happen anywhere else with this currency
Activity: 350
Merit: 108
December 16, 2017, 11:42:11 PM
bitcoin online currency can basically be used for various transactions. for example for legal transactions like at wordpress.com, virgin galatic airways, and various social donations such as wikileaks. on the other hand, this digital currency can be used for the greater illegality of the international portion. illegal acts include money laundering, gambling, druges, and even demonstrations.
but do not be ruled out if in various countries also happened money laundering with bitcoin. if anyone does this crime, the police will be very difficult to handle. unless they work with bitcoin or exchanger users who understand the concept of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
December 16, 2017, 04:26:20 PM
Bitcoin is very wide open for the corruptors because the virtual wallet bitcoin is anonymous so do not know who the owner of a bitcoin wallet, but if for the prevention of corruption may bitcoin will be very useful because bitcoin provides transparency of all transactions conducted.
Activity: 612
Merit: 250
December 16, 2017, 03:36:32 PM
I think it depends on the people of where he use bitcoin if in criminal activities or corruption.But we dont want that dirty hands in bitcoin we dont want to harm it from those people.Bitcoin is money it is involved always in every activities that can lead to criminal activities.
It will depend more on the governments of the areas than people. It will be better for the governments to legalize the crypto currencies and then legislate accordingly to not let it to use in criminal activities. If the governments will hesitate, then people of that country will definitely find some underground links to trade in crypto currencies which will definitely lead to the involvement of bad guys of the society trading in the bitcoins.

When there is a strong implementation of the law, the authorities will be able to combat illegal activities with the use of bitcoin.
That is why it's important that they will legalize bitcoin to give them access on the necessary information relevant to detecting illegal transactions.
Sure if bitcoin will be legal then there must be some laws for bitcoin use and then people will at least think twice before they use bitcoin for some illegal tasking. So I respect your thinking and I am agree with  you that bitcoin should be legal now it has been so long that bitcoin is being sue by people and even now it is not famous in several countries so if it will be legal then people will sue bitcoin for noble deeds only.
Activity: 248
December 16, 2017, 02:19:21 PM
Corruption is to Bitcoin like air is to a bird. It's the natural environment. Greed, lack of regulation, possible anonymity, irreversible transactions. It's a perfect formula.

As an actual ledger it can't be corrupted and that may well help reduce overall corruption elsewhere. Many things surrounding it carry a fairly nasty smell.

Haha,well said man, specially the lack of regulation part kinda haunts me when I think about bitcoins,because it kinda makes you become more and more skeptical about it
Pages:
Jump to: