Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? - page 103. (Read 63023 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Back from Vacation!
September 20, 2017, 08:39:37 AM
World poverty is actually a pretty big concept, and it exists where people are not even aware of the existence of bitcoin, or even internet. Most slums have people with minimum incomes and their homes are made just from day to day raw materials, and they are not even educated enough to use bitcoin, or internet for that matter.
However, whatever poor people do have access to internet can definitely make use of bitcoin by trying to freelance, and work from home, although there are very few places in the world that actually accept bitcoin as a payment in shops.
So, there may be limited ways for current blockchain/bitcoin to fix world poverty, but in the future, it may actually be able to do so.
Activity: 238
Merit: 108
September 20, 2017, 12:22:15 AM
Bitcoin helps many people specially when it comes to financial needs it offers many opportunity for income but it cannot help those poor because using bitcoin requires knowledge and proper education and if you don't know how to use this technology you cannot adopt to bitcoin
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 19, 2017, 11:19:36 PM
Bitcoin is constantly evolving and needs more promotions to be known to the world and become an official currency in the future, many companies must know them to invest. To put an end to poverty, it depends on human nature, you have to work to make money with bitcoin as well as you have to work meaningfully as a service in a signature campaign, business or mining. Poverty is a huge problem that the world is facing. More attention should be paid from world leaders to reach out to the poorest
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
September 19, 2017, 11:13:01 PM
Of course not, because too many people is in poverty, for example in Africa. But in more developed area, like Asia, Bitcoin can help people, because of cheap mining there. Plus Bitcoin also can help people, who understand computer, so in fact Bitcoin help to smart people. With time Bitcoin can change life for people in poverty, but it is not going so fast.  Grin
I am sorry but I disagree with you,  there are so many place in the world that have no bank.  Easier and faster transaction will make small and medium business enterprises grow faster. So job vacancies becoming more and more.  Thecnology can solve problem better than politics. By using bitcoin they do not have to pay on money remittance service. 
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
September 19, 2017, 10:30:29 PM

I think that we are deluded if we think that we can change World Poverty easy by just bitcoin. Yes there is a scenarion that the bitcoin currency can uplift or improve one's own evonomy but there really is no definite prrof that this way is foolproof and that should be a variable that we should really watch out. However I believe that given enough changes on it this bitcoin can change the world.
Activity: 420
September 19, 2017, 09:41:34 PM
Maybe 30% because bitcoin cant end poverty not all human knows about bitcoin and not all can buy gadgets to work with bitcoin. Poverty is the biggest problem in earth even goverment cant solve this one.
Activity: 224
September 19, 2017, 09:04:52 PM
You can not tell that btc would really end poverty.There are many reasons for having a problem like poverty.Could be the economy,the government,and different situations involving poverty.Btc can be a big help for everyone,but it can never be the real solution in withstanding the quality of life of people.But it can help LESSEN.
Activity: 306
September 18, 2017, 07:09:31 PM
I've read the article, yes this guy really know things about bitcoin. But the thing here is Poverty is a curse. About the collateral thing, how could a poor man buy an asset in a digital world where at the first place he has no money? No one is so martyr enough to give every single man that is poor an asset to eradicate poverty. And even if we say that poor guy has now a property or bitcoin, how could​ they say that that man will be able develop it? Not every​ people are talented, and if that guy is a poor one he could sell all his bitcoin in just a blink of an eye because he has nothing to eat. Poverty? It's always there.
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
September 18, 2017, 12:24:08 PM
it could be if we understand the rules according to the standard and the ability will work perfectly, about bitcoin need keahihan that must be understood and we will know our ability, almost no one has understood the world economy wisely and precisely if only we can understand, then bitcoin can decrease less anka to the world's poor and achieve our success. thanks.
Activity: 435
Merit: 251
September 18, 2017, 11:47:00 AM
Of course not, because too many people is in poverty, for example in Africa. But in more developed area, like Asia, Bitcoin can help people, because of cheap mining there. Plus Bitcoin also can help people, who understand computer, so in fact Bitcoin help to smart people. With time Bitcoin can change life for people in poverty, but it is not going so fast.  Grin
Activity: 265
September 18, 2017, 10:54:21 AM
We, the people who use bitcoin has the higher capability to escape poverty due to the fact that we are aware of bitcoin's ability to help you in your finances. If bitcoin will only be known by some people then the probability that it will end world poverty is low and it may be impossible due to the limit it has. We are the one who make our own fate and we should not rely on bitcoin so much because it's just a cryptocurrency.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
September 18, 2017, 10:51:07 AM
I think this will only be possible if and only if bitcoin is already legalized throughout the world. If only a plenty of people are aware on what bitcoin is and what it does then then the capability of it to change people will also be limited. But as the number of people who knows bitcoin grows, the higher the possibility that it will end the world poverty. But still I think it is the people who can end bitcoin because bitcoin is just the tool to end poverty.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
September 18, 2017, 10:42:59 AM

I absolutely doubt because yes, bitcoin somehow can help us in poverty problem but not in a way that it can be ended but somehow reduce because we all know that bitcoin isn't a stable thing so that we must not focus on it rather always deoend on ourselves and in our actions in order to help us in our own lives to get out in a life of being poor.
Activity: 411
Merit: 335
September 18, 2017, 10:37:04 AM

I think yes but of course we must put in our mind that gambling can help us to end world poverty in a sense that if we did the right thing in using it. Like we do not use it just to gamble but to help other people in their businesses or lend them some money to build their own or putting bitcoin as a source of our savings everytime we earn.
Activity: 431
DreamTeam Token
September 18, 2017, 10:29:06 AM
Bitcoin, or any other cryptocurrency for the matter, will not change the way people think. While there are economical reasons for poverty, the cryptocurrency and blockchain tech will hardly become an ultimate solution for this issue.
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
September 18, 2017, 10:15:55 AM
Jeez I don't know poverty can be ended unless people want to, it does not depend upon things presented sometimes opportunity knocks to them but they fail to notice, so I think no
Being poor and being rich is the choice of the person because in bitcoin currency you will get more than hundred opportunities so if you have the guts to do something good for yourself then you should spend money in the bitcoin forum and should buy bitcoin so that you will be able to increase your income through bitcoin and it will decrease the ratio of the poor’s in our country for sure it is providing money to the needy and providing jobs to the unemployed people.
Activity: 555
Merit: 252
September 18, 2017, 06:14:17 AM
It might decrease the poverty rate but it will not end it. We all know that most people who are experiencing poverty lacks of knowledge. I mean maybe some of them don't know how to read something like that. So for you to earn bitcoin you must atleast know how to read or understand. And one problem also is they don't have internet. We all know to earn bitcoin we need an internet.
I think we should have realistic approach and you have indeed explained things from this perspective. Bitcoins indeed all alone are not capable of putting an end to poverty forever until and unless governments are not there to work hands in hands with bitcoins and other digital currencies.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
September 18, 2017, 03:14:42 AM
I think it is save poverty in this world IF! Other peoples know about this kind of transaction, and know about in this bitcoin forum, i hope a lot of people know about this. Because i want to help in this kind of way.
Yeah definitely it can help in removing poverty from the world if the poor are given education on bitcoins through campaigns or awareness sessions. Poor people can live a better life if they are provided with an opportunity to make money through bitcoins by trading or investing. This is the only way to eliminate poverty from the world.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
September 16, 2017, 12:51:11 PM
Techno-utopianism is a dangerous ideology that will end up claiming many lives if it is ever implemented, just like other utopian ideas. Don't immanentize the eschaton.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
September 16, 2017, 11:53:03 AM
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies offer many opportunities that can help these ... combating inflation and perhaps even helping to end corruption. ... "Access to financial services can be a bridge out of poverty,"

I think that might be right and it may be a possibility, but it has a less percentage of happening especially when you say that bitcoin and other crypto currency may end Corruption. Bitcoin is pseudo anonymous, people with power might use this to do their payments for their crimes or maybe use this advantage to launder money and corrupt people.
Jump to: