Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? - page 150. (Read 63023 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
June 28, 2017, 08:05:28 PM
Distribution remains an oft-overlooked consideration with Bitcoin.  Large swaths of currency are held in high concentration by few actors.
Absolute poverty may be alleviated by some global cryptocurrency adoption ( direct access to all markets, fewer middlemen, etc. ).  Consider, for example, what MPESA has achieved in Africa.  Relative poverty, however, may even be exacerbated by cryptocurrency.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
June 28, 2017, 07:56:24 PM
I think people are putting too much expectations in Bitcoin.
Unfortunately, it is not going to solve all the problems around the world, neither tyhe poverty.

Your right since how could bitcoin reached for those uneducated persons and doesn't have wifi access countries? Hard to think they? But we can actually say that it could end the poverty for those people who knows it since bitcoins earning are pretty much big rather than our physical job but the thing we need to do here is to maximize it and do wise spending so that we can really out on the picture of poverty issue here.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
June 28, 2017, 07:48:41 PM
I don't agree, it is unreal bitcoin is just a currency how can it end world poverty? doesn't make sense. However it is an opportunity for jobless people that they can earn through bitcoin using variety of ways.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
June 28, 2017, 07:42:21 PM
I can't guarantee because bitcoin is just a virtual coin that is not understood by everyone so what everyone understand what bitcoin is? does everyone have good technology in all countries?
Activity: 675
Merit: 254
So far so good
June 28, 2017, 07:35:16 PM
I think people are putting too much expectations in Bitcoin.
Unfortunately, it is not going to solve all the problems around the world, neither tyhe poverty.
Merit: 272
June 28, 2017, 07:28:58 PM
Now bitcoin cannot defeat poverty, but in the future I do not exclude this possibility. The Internet allows people from poor countries to perform work for the rich countries and thus have a higher income than in their country. Just yet too few sentences.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
June 28, 2017, 07:28:15 PM
I don't think it can end poverty because bitcoin only can help the one that own internet and mobile phone or computer, it sure can prevent more poverty and giving more job opportunities but to end poverty it's not that simple and we still don't know what is the future of bitcoin so I don't dare to say that bitcoin could end poverty
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
June 28, 2017, 07:23:30 PM
Who is the singer actually inside the article?
Honestly i am still in poor life where my family lives in poverty. Bitcoin is only help for financial due to some online business like mining and trading or other online activity.
As one of the people who lives in poverty bitcoins really help but no a lot..

In my opinion world poverty and bitcoin are in no way related.  The technology itself can help people without access to banks...so in that aspect, it can help bring financial structure to certain areas in third world countries, but ending poverty itself..there is no way that is possible unless there were bitcoins magically allocated to each human being in the world.

Even if that were the case, bitcoin as a currency would be devalued as it's price is driven by demand. 
You have a point since bitcoin is always changes its value and bitcoin is not stable anytime it can be crash that can affected all bitcoin users..

I guess not, bitcoin is not solution for poverty all over the world. Maybe it can help in terms of financial problem but in some aspect of poverty it is not. And having bitcoin cannot cover all your needs because people are not contented.
Bitcoin can never stop the wars in some other countries so how can bitcoin end the world poverty. Things are not that easy in terms of poverty it cannot solve of money or bitcoin alone.
Well bitcoin is not made only to end poverty bitcoin are just made for payment system. But you have a point that bitcoin is not a solution to end poverty..
Activity: 118
June 28, 2017, 07:19:17 PM
Hmmm. There's no easy money and so they say bitcoins is just a tool that can be use to buy goods and unless you are not working hard enough like what they are doing to get fiat, then you won't earn. Don't depend the end of poverty to anything or anyone, it always start with yourself.

It can't end and finish poverty because only rich people have Access to bitcoin and other coins. This makes poverty stay right there.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
June 28, 2017, 07:17:11 PM
The article is describing two mechanisms:
- one is the possibility to "track property" on blockchains for people that do not have any "legal" private property. That could work for very small-scale enterprises typical of third world slums when they are doing business with other similar enterprises, but in the moment the business wants to grow out of this niche market it will have to deal with the State and its "formal" system of property.
- the second is that a global currency like Bitcoin enables third-world businesses to compete with businesses all over the world. This, in my opinion, is a bit more promising. We know that platforms like "Rent a Coder" were able to get many Indian programmers out of poverty. Bitcoin is not needed 100% for this effect but it can make things easier, above all in countries with very bad access to international payment processors.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
June 28, 2017, 07:15:21 PM
imagine if bitcoin was not measured against the dollar
imagine if the tx fee was not 'acceptable' to only just the western world

then bitcoin could be revolutionary.
but as it stands today, bitcoin has lost all of its ethics and morals and has been changed into a "just pay more" currency due to developers in america who are funded by corporate america.

anyway how to solve poverty.
the only real economic system that can end world poverty would be:
instead of money creation occurring due to people signing a mortgage/credit agreement when buying a house. and strangely those people having to repay that freshly created money back to banks plus interest..

each birth creates the new money. which is enough for the most minimal living cost (not lifestyle... just pure survival costs) EG the most basic of unfurnished shelter, the basic food rations and healthcare.

this then takes away th big burdens of taxes away from average people.

then people know that they can always survive, and then work for wages/income to improve their living standards
Activity: 193
June 28, 2017, 07:11:15 PM
Hmmm. There's no easy money and so they say bitcoins is just a tool that can be use to buy goods and unless you are not working hard enough like what they are doing to get fiat, then you won't earn. Don't depend the end of poverty to anything or anyone, it always start with yourself.
Activity: 490
June 28, 2017, 06:56:09 PM
I guess not, bitcoin is not solution for poverty all over the world. Maybe it can help in terms of financial problem but in some aspect of poverty it is not. And having bitcoin cannot cover all your needs because people are not contented.
Bitcoin can never stop the wars in some other countries so how can bitcoin end the world poverty. Things are not that easy in terms of poverty it cannot solve of money or bitcoin alone.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
June 28, 2017, 06:38:33 PM
In my opinion world poverty and bitcoin are in no way related.  The technology itself can help people without access to banks...so in that aspect, it can help bring financial structure to certain areas in third world countries, but ending poverty itself..there is no way that is possible unless there were bitcoins magically allocated to each human being in the world.

Even if that were the case, bitcoin as a currency would be devalued as it's price is driven by demand. 
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 28, 2017, 06:34:28 PM
Even if it is not bitcoins, it depends on how a certain organization or people is eager on helping those who are in poverty not in the type of help they would bring. So even if I give other than bitcoins if I am eager to help them then at least I can lessen the burden.
Activity: 284
June 28, 2017, 06:30:08 PM
hmm.. although im a bitcoin fanatic, i am doubtful that bitcoin could end poverty, seems like poverty is created by politicians, wealthy people who are greedy, and i am very sure those people will see bitcoin as a profit and they would use their power to control bitcoin, hopefully not but it's possible.
Activity: 135
Merit: 11
MINEX team
June 28, 2017, 06:21:28 PM
bitcoin can make the rich even richer....and the poor still poorer..  Grin
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
June 28, 2017, 06:02:39 PM
In fact, bitcoin can replace the modern payment system, may even bring changes in the economy, but it doesn't surrender to overcoming poverty. The distribution of income among the population doesn't depend on the payment system, so I think that the miracle will not happen.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
June 28, 2017, 05:12:04 PM
There is a possibility that bitcoin eradicates poverty but not from the entire world but on an individual basis because there is no way everyone will be involved in bitcoin the same way I didn't do forex despite the various news here and there about people making millions from such endeavour so it wont still go round. For someone who is probably jobless and have some skill can get to trade it with another person that he probably wont see in his entire life. Either way for earning something from such activity means ending poverty on his own part and that's courtesy bitcoin.
Activity: 979
Merit: 258
June 28, 2017, 05:08:48 PM
Yes  i think bitcoin can help them. Because in my life bitcoin has help me very much and i am happy because of it. I hopes that it can make other lifes  be better too. Although it can make a long term run but still bitcoin can changer life  of everyone. They only need to educted so that they will know how to earn.
Jump to: